Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Oh, that explains why I blew up that time...

edit: I think just about all of us remarked that that was the longest time we'd spent in Freemode, and one of the longer GTAO sessions we'd had, so I think the events are somewhat of a success? Definitely more fun to play as a group/crew than with random pubbies, but still. It was also the largest number of PS4 goons I've seen playing together (I'm CaptSpacebeards btw).

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

DarkMalfunction posted:

It was broken?

It caused massive lag before.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Starhawk64 posted:

Still does, at least on my end. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still incredibly stuttery and asstastic compared to the default stations.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Starhawk64 posted:

I play on a laptop at 15 fps in a 800x600 window. I don't really notice these things.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Starhawk64 posted:

I will say this, the new Freemode events are fun. Also, they fixed Self Radio! :neckbeard:

I won a drive backwards challenge somehow. People were sending muggers and mercs after me while I was in the lead. Never change, GTA. :allears:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
What the gently caress is up with all the spanish and korean speaking people? I swear to god I haven't found anyone who speaks english in like 3 days.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Is that a question?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Windows 98 posted:

What the gently caress is up with all the spanish and korean speaking people? I swear to god I haven't found anyone who speaks english in like 3 days.

Wherever you are right now, your latency matches you up with latin america and korea the best. For a few days i was only getting matched up with poles and russians,

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
keep a look out for chinese-superman if your trying to heist. he truly is a superman.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Nintendo Kid posted:

Wherever you are right now, your latency matches you up with latin america and korea the best. For a few days i was only getting matched up with poles and russians,

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Hang on, Windows 98 supports anything above ISDN?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Your latency to a speed test server has nothing to do with your latency to randomly selected Rockstar servers, which is what's used for matchmaking. That's Rockstar for ya!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Thanks to this I have learned that Otiosely has been secretly recording me for months and I don't like it

(i do like it)

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Your flaming bosoms are my ever inspiring muses

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
gently caress, I haven't played in weeks and now I'm banned. Turns out some Russian rear end in a top hat hacked my account and then cheated and got me banned from GTA Online.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Chaltab posted:

gently caress, I haven't played in weeks and now I'm banned. Turns out some Russian rear end in a top hat hacked my account and then cheated and got me banned from GTA Online.

You know this how?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Can't Rockstar tell that someone from another country logged into your account that is usually accessed from like, Michigan or something?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Tennessee, but.. yeah you'd think. I'm gonna call customer service or something.

Ziploc posted:

You know this how?
I got an email saying I'd been banned despite not playing for three weeks. I looked at my account activity and apparently this person used hacks to boost me like 50 ranks. I suppose I don't know for a fact they were Russian but they changed my country setting to Russia.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Update: Apparently there's nothing customer service can do. They passed the complaint up the food chain and they can't even remove the achievements that got hacked in.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Tier 1 support can never do anything (useful). They're just there to interact with the customer, so the techs don't have to, and screen for stuff that actually needs support.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 24, 2015

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

UserErr0r posted:

Tier 1 support can never do anything (useful). They're just there to interact with the customer, so the techs don't have to, and screen for stuff that actually needs support.

I have to say this game can be fun again with no hackers and fun things to do in free mode. Too bad the the player base has shrunk so much.

I miss people like Tijuana_Lou (aka Mexican Toilet).

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Deadly Mongoose posted:

Too bad the the player base has shrunk so much.

Everyone's quitting, and I still have 6 days of dailies left to get this dumb meaningless 28-days-of-dailies award :(

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

UserErr0r posted:

Everyone's quitting, and I still have 6 days of dailies left to get this dumb meaningless 28-days-of-dailies award :(

I told you that I'd help you finish your daily objectives GTA buddy

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:
special events stopped being special and fun on the second day
LAME

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Work is killing me, or I'd be there to enjoy the update grief pubbies.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
It was a 60 buck game, I spend probably $100 on shark cards, played the hell out of it. I think it's O K to move on eventually.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It was a 60 buck game, I spend probably $100 on shark cards...

So that's why you hated free cash so much.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Deadly Mongoose posted:

So that's why you hated free cash so much.

:lol:

Scrub didn't even buy enough cash to get a golden jet, what a loser :smug:

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

T1g4h posted:

:lol:

Scrub didn't even buy enough cash to get a golden jet, what a loser :smug:

Just out of interest, does the gold Luxor differ from the standard in any way? Interior, anything? I own a standard Luxor (a bit of a kick in the dick considering they spawn all over the loving airport now), don't really see the appeal in a gold one.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Its gold

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Synonymous posted:

Just out of interest, does the gold Luxor differ from the standard in any way? Interior, anything? I own a standard Luxor (a bit of a kick in the dick considering they spawn all over the loving airport now), don't really see the appeal in a gold one.

It's Gold, and passengers in the back can smoke cigars and drink champagne in first person. And it'll get you shot down 68.3% faster than a normal jet!

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

AirRaid posted:

passengers in the back can smoke cigars and drink champagne in first person.

Just an FYI, since there is no first person on PS3 and 360 this feature is unavailable. It's just a gold plane.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

frenton posted:

Just an FYI, since there is no first person on PS3 and 360 this feature is unavailable. It's just a gold plane.

lawl

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I spend probably $100 on shark cards

:laffo:

Everything makes sense now.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It was a 60 buck game, I spend probably $100 on shark cards, played the hell out of it. I think it's O K to move on eventually.

ahahhaha I wish you'd said that months ago

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Freeroam on sessions with english speaking players has been mostly modder-free ever since the update. For the past day or so, it's been dumping me into sessions with people speaking in Russian and boxes. Coincidentally, there's a lot of modders in those sessions. Should I be surprised?

Also, when I got near a king of the hill event, I got a prompt saying my aim mode was being changed. Is that because I was near a king of the hill event, or did modders figure out how to switch a session from free aim to aim assist in the middle of the session?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

:laffo:

Everything makes sense now.

No-one gets that mad about other people getting something for free, as long as they felt that the price they'd paid was reasonable.

So yeah, I'd probably get mad as hell if I'd spent that much money on something I knew in my heart was worth 1/10 of what I was paying for it.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have real millions and there is no way to deal with cheaters. Also money is very easy to come by just playing normally.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I play gta online casually a few nights a week and I have over 9 mil in the bank. If you seriously need to cheat to play this you are pretty lame.

edit: Sorry, you're not cheating, you're hacking.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:laugh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Seriously what the gently caress you're not actually supposed to buy Shark Cards. You're supposed to pretend you like playing missions until an exploit comes out and you bust the gently caress out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They're called Shark Cards ffs, doesn't that tell you something? Anything?

• Locked thread