Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Week 2 of the PF Rank League has been incredibly... well balanced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revolther
May 27, 2008
People talk about FOB nuking, but you get a conversation with Ocelot/Miller after completing every story mission saying that completing every story mission prevents retaliatory nuke strikes against your FOB's.

They mention the heroism limit, never mention the other part.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.twitch.tv/stefaniejoosten

Stefanie Joosten (Quiet's VA/Model/Mo-Cap) is streaming TPP again.

Don't watch if you don't want to watch thirsty kids trying to chat her up.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

drat the riot smg is nice... but I can't swap out the silencer for a better one.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

RatHat posted:

You'll learn why later. It's kinda dumb.

I've finished the whole story part. I guess I must have missed it.

The miller thing makes sense though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is it common to never be able to infiltrate a fob because someone else is?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's the blueprint underneath STUN ARM in the blueprint encyclopedia listing?

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Really, the biggest thing FOBs would need to be actually pretty fun was if the defender had a longer respawn time, ESPECIALLY if extracted alive. The fact you can do that and they'll still respawn faster than the alarm will ever go out is literally the only reason winning with a defender is as good as impossible if they have a shred of competence in them, considering them seeing you for just a moment will count as you getting spotted and reset the alarm time. You literally have to either evade them entirely which is either a lot of backtracking or nearly impossible depending on DECK, or you need to, with all their advantages regarding sight and marking from having allies, to somehow take them out without them ever seeing you, generally via CQC.

Barring that, the attacker should probably get some sort of warning when he's marked so he actually has a chance to try and sneak around or whatever.

SynthOrange posted:

What's the blueprint underneath STUN ARM in the blueprint encyclopedia listing?

FLAMETHROWER.

zedprime posted:

Week 2 of the PF Rank League has been incredibly... well balanced?

PF Rank is wierd, on one hand it's LITERALLY the only reason to ever own more than 1 FOB and as an effect makes that league entirely Pay to Win based. On the other hand, the attack/defense sets are so hilariously unbalanced that basically no one will ever win on defense, which means most "matches" end 1-1 and results in a scoreboard like you see there.

ZoninSilver fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 26, 2015

HEVampersand
Apr 2, 2005

Do you even own a toothbrush?
Hey all, I just picked this up and got myself a collector's edition dlc code for it aswell. When I was downloading the items from the dlc code I noticed that none of the MGO ones were included. Do we have to wait until Metal Gear Online is released before those can be downloaded?

Edit: Stuff like the Metal Gear Rex Helmet and those gold weapon skins.

HEVampersand fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 26, 2015

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Huey recently completed the Battle Gear, but I can't use it at all, either as a vehicle, or as something for my Combat Squads to use. What gives?

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

The_Final_Stand posted:

Huey recently completed the Battle Gear, but I can't use it at all, either as a vehicle, or as something for my Combat Squads to use. What gives?

Much like everything Huey does, it's a case of major dissapointment and resentment against him, the Battle Gear is merely a required vehicle on later "yellow" dispatch missions for your troops, which you may not have unlocked yet.

You'll never get to see it in action at any point.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
So how do I unlock the story missions after mission 31? I dont have any yellow side-ops, do I have just keep doing normal side-ops or are there any upgrade requirements?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How are people doing some of these crazy weapon customizations?

How do you unlock underbarrel shotguns or grenade launchers?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Side-ops 107-109 appear after you progress your main missions to a certain point, but you will also have to also do side-ops because some will conflict with each other if they are in the same location.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I already did that and unlocked weapon customization, it's just that there are a lot of things I can't change on most guns and for many things I can change its just cosmetic and didn't affect the guns performance.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I already did that and unlocked weapon customization, it's just that there are a lot of things I can't change on most guns and for many things I can change its just cosmetic and didn't affect the guns performance.

Even with customization, you have to developed the higher level versions of guns that are customizable. Lower tier versions of guns don't have attachment points for accessories.

edit: and the accessories available for customization are unlocked by developing guns that have them attached.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Jose posted:

is it common to never be able to infiltrate a fob because someone else is?

usually when I look at a list and pick someone I'd say there's a 10-20 percent chance. Usually I pick people with hundreds of thousands in resources though. I would imagine a small timer would be less likely but also less worth your time

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Is there any way to tell if your capture cages are actually capturing things?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope eventually some skilled modder makes a usable battle gear mod.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Eau de MacGowan posted:

You get a list of everything you caught when you extract. Make sure you extract for real by helicopter or cargo container (maybe finishing a mission by leaving the hot zone on foot too? never bothered with cages in a mission to tell you for sure). If you use the start menu to Return to ACC you won't catch anything.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Eau de MacGowan posted:

You get the animals when you finish the mission or get picked up in the helicopter.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

zedprime posted:

If you use the start menu to Return to ACC you won't catch anything.

Hmm, this explains a lot.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If you call a helicopter strike while you're still in the helicopter what happens?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

the wildest rear end posted:

I hope eventually some skilled modder makes a usable battle gear mod.

Or a mod for using the metal gear in the field.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Imagine stomping all over the open world in Sahelanthropus. That would be epic.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Panfilo posted:

How do you unlock underbarrel shotguns or grenade launchers?

You upgrade your shotguns and grenade launchers. Some weapon upgrades will list an 'underbarrel conversion' as part of the upgrade, while useless on it's own it means that you can take that weapon and stick it on the underbarrel of a rifle.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Aurain posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/stefaniejoosten

Stefanie Joosten (Quiet's VA/Model/Mo-Cap) is streaming TPP again.

Don't watch if you don't want to watch thirsty kids trying to chat her up.

3500+ people are watching her kick the unsanitary dudes out of her motherbase. That's not a euphemism that's literally what's happening.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You should be able to force those guys to shower

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

You should be able to force those guys to shower
You're assuming that's the problem.

But you know how you go into a public bathroom, and there's always poo poo on the seat of the toilet?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You should be able to just chuck them in the ocean. It's completely ridiculous that you are punished for being a horrible despot in a game where you can transform into a blood-covered "demon". What do you really think happens to guys who are dismissed anyway? They've been on Mother Base, and we're just going to set them free to be mercs for some other PMC? And the guys that we decide not to take to MB just get shot in the head anyway. So shouldn't we just be able to chuck dudes overboard in exchange for demon points?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Question regarding something that happens after you play the last mission (50+) people in your freaking base say they don't care if you're the real boss or not. wtf, i thought it was a secret???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Snak posted:

What do you really think happens to guys who are dismissed anyway?

They probably hang themselves like the old man in Shawshank. There's nothing left for them after all, no DD to pet, no Boss to choke them.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Do you have to fire all the lovely stat dudes or can you just leave them in the waiting room forever?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Do you have to fire all the lovely stat dudes or can you just leave them in the waiting room forever?

You have a limit depending on your capacity size. If you hit it motherbase just removes people as necessary starting with the worst of your group.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Aurain posted:

They probably hang themselves like the old man in Shawshank. There's nothing left for them after all, no DD to pet, no Boss to choke them.

They probably just wrap the Fulton harness around their neck...

edit: God that's how Huey's execution scene should have gone.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Snak posted:

They probably just wrap the Fulton harness around their neck...

With the little things you can do in this game, I'm surprised you can't kill an enemy this way.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Strong Sauce posted:

Question regarding something that happens after you play the last mission (50+) people in your freaking base say they don't care if you're the real boss or not. wtf, i thought it was a secret???
Its dramatic irony.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Chief Savage Man posted:

With the little things you can do in this game, I'm surprised you can't kill an enemy this way.

They specifically designed it so that Fulton's can hide enemies you didn't kill, but won't help you hide bodies if you are on a murder spree.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Snak posted:

You should be able to just chuck them in the ocean. It's completely ridiculous that you are punished for being a horrible despot in a game where you can transform into a blood-covered "demon". What do you really think happens to guys who are dismissed anyway? They've been on Mother Base, and we're just going to set them free to be mercs for some other PMC? And the guys that we decide not to take to MB just get shot in the head anyway. So shouldn't we just be able to chuck dudes overboard in exchange for demon points?

my Big Boss never kills anyone and is so cool that the people he fires still love him because he's so *charismatic*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

my Big Boss never kills anyone and is so cool that the people he fires still love him because he's so *charismatic*

yeah that's what Ocelot tells Big Boss. Then he tortures the fired guys to death, for fun. Gotta practice if you want to stay at the top of your game.

• Locked thread