Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

ayn rand hand job posted:

on a recent wor, dave said that everyone hated sable after she left, but is on good terms now

he theorized that the major issue with her going in is that it would force them to admit that brock is married and it would take something away from him

I just checked my copy of Titan Sinking and I was actually thinking of Sunny. She's actually described as one of the few people that Paul Bearer (who by all accounts was one of the nicest dudes ever) totally detested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would feel uncomfortable if Brock Lesnar was ever referred as having some sort of relationship with someone who wasn't Paul heyman

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember the Paul Bearer/Jim Cornette shoot where Paul made it clear he didn't like Sunny, but even then was trying to stay nice. Which just made it even funnier when he flew the gently caress off on Kevin Dunn, no niceties for Bucky Beaver.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

DeathChicken posted:

I remember the Paul Bearer/Jim Cornette shoot where Paul made it clear he didn't like Sunny, but even then was trying to stay nice. Which just made it even funnier when he flew the gently caress off on Kevin Dunn, no niceties for Bucky Beaver.

I remembered seeing that. It looked like Paul was waiting a good long time to get that off his chest.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Savio's best match was with Austin anyway, their strap match.

The only good strap match ever, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrgPa_6WAc8

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
You can still see the WWE trying to get a new Ahmed, notably with Bobby Lashley, Ezekiel Jackson and pre-New Day Big E.

But yeah he was really over and would have probably won the WWF title before his injury.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
It's funny that the grassroots support of Austin was starting to emerge at the same time and it's clear that they had MUCH bigger plans for Ahmed than him

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Numero6 posted:

You can still see the WWE trying to get a new Ahmed, notably with Bobby Lashley, Ezekiel Jackson and pre-New Day Big E.

But yeah he was really over and would have probably won the WWF title before his injury.

What is/was stopping those three being it? Couldn't speak/too injured, too injured, too short, respectively?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Numero6 posted:

Apollo Crews will fulfill the Ahmed Prophecy.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Lashley had the misfortune of having a comical voice, a non-threatening face, being completely rejected by the crowd at December to Dismember, and being the most obvious roid monster on the roster in the wake of the Benoit double-murder-suicide, when the company was facing a lot of media scrutiny about steroid abuse among other things

Zeke had a big push lined up about three different times; I know the very last time circa 2012-2013 he blew it by bragging constantly in the locker room, leading to a fight that he took the blame for (AKA what happened to Alex Riley's babyface push from 2011).

Triple H was never behind Big E as a top dude.

Anyway I don't think Vince looks at those guys and sees his ultimate black mastodon, he just has a childish fascination with size. Like a seven-year-old, he looks at the largest and most muscular wrestlers and thinks they're obviously the best; some of these guys also happen to not be white!

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 28, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I still maintain Big E could have been a big deal if they had got behind him as a singles dude :colbert:

But then we wouldn't have got New Day...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

Apollo Crews will fulfill the Ahmed Prophecy.

every day that Crews is in developmental is further proof that Vince doesn't watch NXT

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I kind of liked the "Marvelous" Marc Mero run for some reason.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Mero's a shithead, but his pre knee injury work is very good.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Alain Post posted:

I kind of liked the "Marvelous" Marc Mero run for some reason.

Well, everything he did as both JBB and as Marc "Just a Guy" Mero was enhanced by the fact that he won a lot. It wasn't until his last year in WWF that he suddenly became a job guy.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Memento posted:

What is/was stopping those three being it? Couldn't speak/too injured, too injured, too short, respectively?

Lashley was pretty boring and was constantly booked as a nice guy and not as a non-nonsense badass, I mean TNA booked him better as a monster heel.
Zeke wasn't really charismatic and wrestled in a boring style, he was better in ECW when he had more leeway.
Big E was forced to play a strong silent character which wasn't his forte and he got that IC title curse. He def got better now but he's now kind of a joke guy. His finisher sucks too, Ahmed had the Tiger Driver not a weird looking thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The lack of reaction to Big E bums me out because he seems so willing to kill himself for the sake of the fans yet got little response for it. That through the ropes spear he does on a regular basis is ridiculous.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

On the other hand Zeke's theme song was loving great.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Spermgod posted:

It's funny that the grassroots support of Austin was starting to emerge at the same time and it's clear that they had MUCH bigger plans for Ahmed than him

Coincidentally, Austin 3:16 and Ahmed winning the ic title happened on the same show. Had Ahmed stayed healthy, he was going to be the guy.

If Ahmed was the guy, does the Attitude Era ever happen?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I want to live in the alternate universe where WCW won the Monday Night Wars

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Smoking Crow posted:

I want to live in the alternate universe where WCW won the Monday Night Wars

So the universe where Vince signs Tank Abbott in 1997?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Tank Abbott is entered in Brawl For All, hilarity ensues.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

remusclaw posted:

The lack of reaction to Big E bums me out because he seems so willing to kill himself for the sake of the fans yet got little response for it. That through the ropes spear he does on a regular basis is ridiculous.

That period where he was busting opponents' lips on a weekly basis couldn't have helped.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DeathChicken posted:

Tank Abbott is entered in Brawl For All, hilarity ensues.

ROUND 1: Bart Gunn dies

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Defiance Industries posted:

ROUND 1: Bart Gunn dies

Of course he does. Never bring a Gunn to a Tank fight.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Xerzes posted:

That period where he was busting opponents' lips on a weekly basis couldn't have helped.

It ain't ballet.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Coincidentally, Austin 3:16 and Ahmed winning the ic title happened on the same show. Had Ahmed stayed healthy, he was going to be the guy.

If Ahmed was the guy, does the Attitude Era ever happen?

I think things would progress sort of as Roman and Dean have evolved, that is "the guy you like, dammit, and his zany friend."

Although it could also have gone "Instead of the Rock here's Ahmed Johnson yeah good luck buddy"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Spermgod posted:

I honestly believe that if the WWF had never been in danger because of WCW, you never would have seen the rise of people like Austin, Rock, or Mankind.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sometimes I wonder what the business would look like today if Vince had doubled down on Rocky Maivia instead of letting The Rock grow organically

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Of course he does. Never bring a Gunn to a Tank fight.

Nice

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Benne posted:

Sometimes I wonder what the business would look like today if Vince had doubled down on Rocky Maivia instead of letting The Rock grow organically

Vince doesn't believe in letting any wrestler grow organically unless Congress has its eye on him.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I dont know if this is the right thread but somebody leaked the old WCW Talent Contracts

https://www.scribd.com/doc/282738951/WCW-Talent-Contract-Database

Interesting to see that Flair only made 500k while Nash, Sting and Hall made 1,5mill each

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It's probably from that racism lawsuit since it's dated 2000? Someone's been going through and posting interesting things from the filings on Scribd.

I think my favorite things are "Hulk Hogan - see contract" and "Dillinger, Doug - Merch. agreement only"

e: no, it's actually GLENN making $300,000 a year.

e2: I was really wrong: THE CAT made $400,000 a year and Ric Flair made $500,000 a year!!!

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 28, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

remusclaw posted:

Or that body splash to the apron he's doing recently. Looks like it kills the dude taking it.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's probably from that racism lawsuit since it's dated 2000? Someone's been going through and posting interesting things from the filings on Scribd.

I think my favorite things are "Hulk Hogan - see contract" and "Dillinger, Doug - Merch. agreement only"

e: no, it's actually GLENN making $300,000 a year.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Tank Abbott $650,000 a year whattttttt

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think my favorite things are "Hulk Hogan - see contract"

Didnt Hogan have a direct contract with some smaller Turner company that paid him?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TheCool69 posted:

I dont know if this is the right thread but somebody leaked the old WCW Talent Contracts

https://www.scribd.com/doc/282738951/WCW-Talent-Contract-Database

Interesting to see that Flair only made 500k while Nash, Sting and Hall made 1,5mill each

lol they didn't print Hogan's salary even in the private salary database

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I read that entire list, and man oh man were people making even more than I thought. Ralphus had a downside of $78,000 for christ's sake.

Most the Nitro Girls didn't make a living wage, though.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I read that entire list, and man oh man were people making even more than I thought. Ralphus had a downside of $78,000 for christ's sake.

Most the Nitro Girls didn't make a living wage, though.

Most Nitro Girls were only working like once a week, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ayn rand hand job posted:

Most Nitro Girls were only working like once a week, right?

Some of them have appearance fees for house shows, but I have zero idea if they appeared at house shows ever.