Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Section Z posted:

Kaz, buddy, he is literally the mission extraction target. I know he's only A+, while there were two S rank soldiers guarding him but yeesh.

A+? All the "Highly skilled soldier" extractions always seem to have some guy with sub-C stats in everything and no skills being followed around by A++ surgeons. People I would have tranquilized and thrown face-down in a shallow river if the mission wasn't specifically to extract them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kaz spends the entire game pretending he isn't blind, so he never actually knows who you're fultoning. He trips over stuff in the background of cutscenes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

People in this thread are way too hard on Kaz.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Did Kaz ever actually drop the n bomb like he was rumored to? If he did, I missed it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I did like how Phantom Limbs mission has Ocelot giving you fulton lines instead. They should've just put those along with miller as to not make it too annoying.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I just realized that they say that they use the whaler ship from the prologue as a mobile base of operations for the chopper and stuff while you are on missions so you could say that any dudes you fulton are screened here and let go before knowing the location of MB. After they join up though, I maybe they are hypnotized by ocelot and made to forget the location.

Also, I just watched someone do mission 6 and they got the informant before the jeep takes it to the other outpost. I didn't even know that was possible; they always leave before I can get over there and I can streamline my trip over there to him in less time than it took the guy in the video. You get a little cutscene with him too if you secure him there instead of later.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Anyone got any tips for keeping D-Dog on task as far as fultoning people go? It feels like every time I do anything other than walk slowly it breaks the command and he comes running back.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

I just realized that they say that they use the whaler ship from the prologue as a mobile base of operations for the chopper and stuff while you are on missions so you could say that any dudes you fulton are screened here and let go before knowing the location of MB. After they join up though, I maybe they are hypnotized by ocelot and made to forget the location.

Going by how Miller rolls I think "dismissed" means "thrown overboard." :haw:

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Question: For invasions, are you supposed to avoid drones somehow or just go full rambo? If I shoot them, it starts an alarm. If don't shoot them, they spot me as soon as I make it up to the the actual platform and start an alarm. I'm not really sure how to go about this...

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Question: For invasions, are you supposed to avoid drones somehow or just go full rambo? If I shoot them, it starts an alarm. If don't shoot them, they spot me as soon as I make it up to the the actual platform and start an alarm. I'm not really sure how to go about this...
I keep hearing if you "wing them" by hitting them off center, they tend to spin into the ocean and won't set off an alarm.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

bring a sniper rifle and shoot them when they're over water. one hit to their camera will take them out, and no one will notice so long as they don't careen into the base and explode.

Even then alerts make things easier, not harder since you don't have to deal with patrols.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Neo Rasa posted:

Going by how Miller rolls I think "dismissed" means "thrown overboard." :haw:

My BB is not a demon, but man this game wants me to make him one.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

RatHat posted:

Have you listened to all the yellow tapes?

That's probably it, thanks.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

My BB is not a demon, but man this game wants me to make him one.

My top cause of "unnecessary" kills are isolated troublemakers, when I have the luxury of remembering who they are without staring at every body again, and dealing with them without triggering alerts.

"Here is your sexual harassment awareness seminar." *shoves body with C4 into toilet* "Class dismissed"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CPColin posted:

I can't tell the difference between Kaz and Ocelot over the radio!

I haven't had this problem, but it seems like lots of people have. Troy Baker's Ocelot has a definite twang, and Kaz sounds...smokier, I guess?

And call me crazy, but did anyone else kind of miss chopper extractions a little? Fultons are hilarious and awesome, but the missions that forced you into chopper extractions were really tense as a result.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man I never bothered interrogating mother base troops when cqcing them before, but I will now.

"Spit it out!"
"Uuuuuh I like handguns because they're light and easy to use and maintain!"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

SynthOrange posted:

Oh man I never bothered interrogating mother base troops when cqcing them before, but I will now.

"Spit it out!"

For sure do it every time you build a new platform or deck because they'll mark rough diamonds for you.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Hell keep asking them to spit it out for diamond locations, when they start giving you generic information it means all the ones on that strut are on your map already.

Also make sure to ask them where their friends are for more messages. :3:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

SynthOrange posted:

"Spit it out!"

Wow this game gets even more like Pokémon everyday

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SynthOrange posted:

"Spit it out!"

That reminds me. If I ever do practice runs through my FOB, or FOB stuff, I need to do as many interrogations and holdups as possible.

Because FOB staff are complete babies. *hold up* Aaaah I don't want to die! *CQC Grabs* "Aaaah that hurts!"

Though for all I know, every other soldier is saying the exact same thing, just not in English.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've also started using dives offensively. Knocks em down for a bit.

Sorry motherbase guy I knocked down the stairs and over the railing. :ohdear:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
when 4 dudes greet you at the helipad, I like to try and take out two with a dive while heading for the shower :D

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

You should do that too. They don't get the staff morale increase while they are locked into the greeting formation. Knock all of them on their arse, take a 5 second shower, call the chopper and head out again.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Is there an upgrade for the analyzer to say which skills enemies have? I have the one for up to A++.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Chief Savage Man posted:

Is there an upgrade for the analyzer to say which skills enemies have? I have the one for up to A++.

Yep.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Chief Savage Man posted:

Yes, I think it's the upgrade after what you currently have. Really useful for avoiding troublemakers and the like when you're hoping for diplomats instead, assuming you don't just fulton every single person like I do without bothering to check if they're any good.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I've played for 50+ hours and still somehow don't have the Fulton certificate, so apparently I need to start just ballooning things indiscriminately.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some sniper blew the brains out of all the assholes on the base, then kidnapped everyone else. Weird.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Anyone ever have an FOB guard just sprint off into the sunset? It made my life easier and it saved him from a kidnapping, but it's just weird :stare: it even played the little ding-ding of you clearing the strut while he was still alive running away.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Slate Action posted:

I need to start just ballooning things indiscriminately.

This should be your primary objective before all others. This is a Tactical Fulton Extraction Operations game.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

What determines what other PFs are your "equals"? My FOB is currently a command strut with level 25 security and maximum preparedness. Even after 20 successful invasions in a row I can only invade people who have like 3-6 guards and no resources or S rank soldiers, yet I constantly get successfully invaded by people with maxed out FOBs who just steamroll through all of my poo poo.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Slate Action posted:

I've played for 50+ hours and still somehow don't have the Fulton certificate, so apparently I need to start just ballooning things indiscriminately.
It takes 1000 fultons, which you ought to have done easily by now. So yeah stop worrying and just throw them all in the ocean.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

What's the best mission to farm dudes?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

KidDynamite posted:

afghan main base. call in sleeping gas bombardment + zzz sniper quiet and just fulton everyone.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

KidDynamite posted:

Unlike Peace Walker, there are no dudes with set ranks. Every soldier is as randomly viable as another.

Either call a sleeping gas bombardment on a large base, or take out the big guns for Metalic Archea. When you defeat the skulls every soldier in the area is stunned.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
If you need to farm resouces there are two dudes right next to the rich fuel resource container at the start of Mission 12, you can tranq and extract them both, grab the fuel (and minor/precious metals if you need it) and then checkpoint at the intel ten steps away and restart. ~Thirty seconds for two dudes and a bunch of unprocessed resources.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Scholtz posted:

Wow this game gets even more like Pokémon everyday

One of the robot arm upgrades basically turns you into Pikachu.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I think the "throw yourself overboard if a defender shows up" strategy is becoming the norm for invaders, getting a lot of instant victories when I show up to defend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Castor Poe posted:

One of the robot arm upgrades basically turns you into Pikachu.

There's also a pokeball arm(it's useless)...D-Walker is the ultimate pokemon master.

• Locked thread