Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
frank, proud of himself after destroying a bunch of packing paper and making a huge mess

the dudes soaking up some sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Funhilde posted:

I saw a Nargle and a Bubba today. Livin good. Nargle is a different car than the one I met before.

a very different car indeed. looks like a cat, come to think of it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:3:

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Golden-i posted:

i don't think i could get a peg leg to stay on her

Use an inflatable one, I think I've seen them in stores before.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Frank doin the OC

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Josie posted:

Use an inflatable one, I think I've seen them in stores before.

Inflatable unicorn horn for cats might work as a refurb pegleg?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Defenestration posted:

Frank doin the OC

frank : OC :: danny devito : clint eastwood

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Luisfe posted:

Inflatable unicorn horn for cats might work as a refurb pegleg?

strap weird inflatable duck-weiner to my cat's underside, got it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Trig Discipline posted:

frank : OC :: danny devito : clint eastwood

lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Frank owns

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I love your gay orange cats

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Golden-i posted:

strap weird inflatable duck-weiner to my cat's underside, got it

it's not a corkscrew tho

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hail Refurb 666

Also Dave just snuck up and snatched a piece of steak from Dr. FAUXTON's plate. The steak was sliced so it was maybe a 2oz piece but the little poo poo just rolled up and trotted off with it :lol:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

how the hell do you let daev sneak up on you. cat looks like he walks into walls all the time

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I've finally done it. Read this entire goddamn thing. Took me 18 months off-and-on. At least most up to 2011-ish was able to be skipped due to broken waffleimages links. My contribution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ygqNnLeAFM

Him name Artemis.

He came to live with me in 2008. In pure stereotypical cat fashion, I was the chosen one. My local shelter had a satellite location in a shopping center that was cats-only. Most of the cats (a few dozen) free-roamed while staff was present. There were beds and toys and cat trees and hidey-holes everywhere. It was indoor cat heaven, and pretty cool for human cat-ladies as well. One cat, though, was asleep in his closed cage. He was a stray from a local small town, estimated about 2 or 3 years of age, and previously had a URI during his stay in the shelter. His marble tabby colors and handsome face caught my eye, so staff opened the cage door and I sat on the floor as to not scare him. He woke up, stretched, hopped down out of the cage and immediately climbed into my lap to settle down for pets. I'd never seen anything like that before, it was a clear sign. Sir Gallant was his slave name, a fitting one at that - he was absolutely charming.

I picked him up from the cattery on a Saturday morning. At the time I lived alone in a X sq ft apartment without any other pets, but I wasn't sure if he'd be up for exploring right away. Indeed, as soon as I let him out of his carrier, he headed straight for the bedroom and crawled under the bed. I decided to take a nap, and when I woke up 2 hours later, I peered under the dust ruffle to make sure he was still there and to say hello. Astonishingly, he crawled out and jumped up on the bed and made biscuits on my chest. Well, that was easy. From there I showed him around the place. He wasn't skittish at all (even when I ran the dishwasher) and settled in immediately.

Artey was pretty much the perfect cat. He was incredibly lovey and was in my lap 3/4ths of the day. He wasn't really interested in toys or playing most of the time, which was ok because I wanted a chill cat. He greeted me at the door every time I came home from being out and would meow at me. I'd meow back and have conversations with him. He only ate dry food, I couldn't get him interested in canned. He also drank out of his own glass - a short one meant for liquor that'd I'd fill and leave for him on my little dining room table. Taller ones he'd spill once the water level went down enough to where he couldn't reach it. He almost always used his box properly and his poo didn't even stink for some reason. He slept on my legs every night and followed me everywhere when I was awake. He was my best buddy. :3: I had silly names for him like "mister buddy cat", "arteypants mcbuttturds", "boo boo" and the like.

He had some minor health issues probably due to the URI - he was sneezy and snorty, and snored in his sleep, but I didn't think much of it and he was given a clean bill of health during his vet visits. During the 2nd half of 2012, he started losing weight, vomiting often, and most distressingly, coughing. I was having financial difficulties and didn't take him to the vet until November. I wasn't expecting what the vet found - acute heart failure. His chest was full of fluid. They drained the fluid, but I guess the vet visit stressed him out and he went downhill. He became lethargic and no longer greeted me at the door, instead spending nearly all of his time on my bed asleep. I had to give him multiple injections and cream in his ear per day because he was impossible to pill. His kidney function was compromised due to his lack of appetite, and he probably had some fatty liver going on. Still, we both kept at it as best we could, the vet visits and medications basically bankrupting me.

Come April the following year, he had slowly started getting better. He was eating again, greeting me at the door, and spending more time in my lap than on my bed asleep. I thought the worst was over until I had to go out of town for a personal emergency. My neighbor agreed to take care of Artey and give him his shots and stuff, she was a champ and said he did ok with everything. I was gone for a week. When I returned home, Artey was incredibly happy to see me. I gave him lots of love. I wasn't home but for an hour or so, going through my mail, when he suddenly let out this awful meow like he was in pain. He was on my computer desk, I rushed over and sat in the chair and put him in my lap. He pissed on my shirt and clawed into my leg. I started to panic. Even though I had my computer on and running in front of me, my brain decided I needed to get up and get the phone book to call the emergency vet. I set him in the chair and did so, but by the time I came back, his pupils were dialated and he was exhaling for his last time. He was only 8 years old. I bawled for hours.

Turns out my buddycat was the only thing keeping me stable. My own health deteriorated and I had to resign from my job and move into a cheaper apartment with roomates, unable to take care of a cat. I had Artey cremated and I keep his ashes in a box in my closet. I miss him terribly, 2½ years later.

Sorry for the :words:. Because I can't have a cat, post cats

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ofecks posted:

Turns out my buddycat was the only thing keeping me stable. My own health deteriorated and I had to resign from my job and move into a cheaper apartment with roomates, unable to take care of a cat. I had Artey cremated and I keep his ashes in a box in my closet. I miss him terribly, 2½ years later.

Sorry for the :words:. Because I can't have a cat, post cats
Goddamn. I understand that entirely. After my previous parrot died I more or less crashed and burned in terms of mental and physical health. Artey was obviously a great fuckin' cat, thank you for telling us about him :unsmith: Welcome to the end of the thread, whole-thread-readin' buddy.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

gently caress! :( pro cat artey

have a cow cat i hope it helps

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cats with perfect pink noses are pretty pro

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
what about weird cats with black noses?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Golden-i posted:

Total annoyances and wastes of time.

Case in point:

This annoying shithead is named Stoli.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
counterpoint: he poops outside

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Golden-i posted:

counterpoint: he poops outside

Does he only bark outside too?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

FAUXTON posted:

Does he only bark outside too?

pretty much, yeah, and almost entirely at the one weird neighbor who's too nosy

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Golden-i posted:

Also A++++

who's got tiny legs

is it you

yes it is

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Golden-i posted:

pretty much, yeah, and almost entirely at the one weird neighbor who's too nosy

That's weird, especially for a little guy like him.

Dave doesn't bark indoors.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
corgis are notoriously energetic and barky dogs. we got soooo lucky with tycho.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

FAUXTON posted:

That's weird, especially for a little guy like him.

Dave doesn't bark indoors.

i wanna hear what dave meows sound like

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Was a trap

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

didn't know moo was a chief's fan

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She seems to be pretty content in the knowledge that the Packers are gonna win

(And up 31-7 with about 7:00 left in the 3Q she's not wrong)

E: :psyduck: how did the Chefs even get those 7 points great googly moogly

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 29, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's how she gets through every football game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Artey sounded like a great little cat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Golden-i posted:

i wanna hear what dave meows sound like

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
I lvoe catte.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

3/4 davesounds incoming.

Hal (black Dave) is the mouthiest one, followed by Graeme (orange Dave) then Dave (white Dave). Desmond (brown Dave) wasn't feeling like a chat.

https://youtu.be/LRGHLI0EoG0

Portrait because I'm horrible.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Luisfe posted:

I lvoe catte.

me too