Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Because of this episode I remembered that the pure was a movie, and it was one that I wanted to see but never got around to.

Turns out its a pretty good movie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

At first I thought the guy Jerry was talking about was one of those motivational speaker bullshit deals. The reality was so much more pathetic.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
I love that Toni Tony Tone is Rick's version of Iron Man's AC/DC and not just part of the soundtrack for the episode.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

a cop posted:

At first I thought the guy Jerry was talking about was one of those motivational speaker bullshit deals. The reality was so much more pathetic.

Taddy Mason is like the saddest Ashley Madison.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

weekly font posted:

Life is short. Have a friend. :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That episode was hilarious. I love this dumb show.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I bought this season on Itunes and I've been watching an episode a day. Tomorrow I'll be caught up, and there will be only one god damned episode left. Why is it only a ten episode season this is bullshit gently caress you bitch.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I enjoy Rick and Morty a lot, but the B-Plots are always so bad. At least the ones that involve Jerry.

The marriage counseling B-plot was incredible.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Valliantstu posted:

Totally makes up for last weeks episode

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This was totally back to form. Loved it.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

I bought this season on Itunes and I've been watching an episode a day. Tomorrow I'll be caught up, and there will be only one god damned episode left. Why is it only a ten episode season this is bullshit gently caress you bitch.

eat some loving poo poo you loving stupid bitch

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I enjoy Rick and Morty a lot, but the B-Plots are always so bad. At least the ones that involve Jerry.

The Jerryboree B-plot was one of the best things in the whole series.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm a little surprised Rick decided to let Arthistma or whatever her name was live. Totally expected him to just shoot her before leaving.

This show definitely makes me laugh at the most morbid poo poo though, like when Rick fires the rocket up that rich dude's butt

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I don't know how you can say that when the Beth/Jerry relationship counseling episode was like 2 episodes ago.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Maybe Rick had gotten all the murder out of his system at that point.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Being around Rick so much has definitely had an effect on Morty.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Mmmorty this is really cool, y-yy-y'wanna help me out here and kill some people? It's fun! we're totally justified because we're saving a little girl. I mean we-w-w we're both free and clear to murder these people!

Also Morty sking about the Purge logic

Were people like: "Wait What?? This is going to stop crime how exactly?"

Rick got his free stuff from Nintendo.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I know the thread's probably moved on by now, but I wanted to mention something about the hospital/cable TV episode. When the father was threatening the operating room with an "alien" gun which turned out to be some kinda space dildo. And then the bodyguards shoot him with REAL alien guns, which look and sound a lot like normal Earth guns, shooting the father with actual bullets. The show is messing with our expectations of what an alien gun would look like. It's little things like this that makes me love this show.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

I don't know how you can say that when the Beth/Jerry relationship counseling episode was like 2 episodes ago.

And Jerry's dick plot was way better than the improv last week. This season the B plots have generally been better than the A plots.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

weekly font posted:

And yet they didn't make Jerry pathetic in a way that made me feel sorry for him. :thumbsup:

(Jerry is the worst. Summer owns.)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

Because of this episode I remembered that the pure was a movie, and it was one that I wanted to see but never got around to.

Turns out its a pretty good movie!

It's not an amazing movie but the guy playing the villainous teen leader is so wonderful he elevates the whole thing for me. He's just such a cartoon character.

The sequel is absolute trash though.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

And yet they didn't make Jerry pathetic in a way that made me feel sorry for him. :thumbsup:

(Jerry is the worst. Summer owns.)

I love that about Jerry. The show constantly shits on him but every now and then you get moments that remind you he TOTALLY deserves it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

a cop posted:

Also Rick's "Oh hey it's you!" "Yes, it's me" with the old timer. Ya knew he was going to come back, so they just brush aside any fanfare.
I didn't catch this until the rerun but you're exactly right. I think it was even less fanfare than that ("It's you." "It's me.")

Then we had the "Your character remains intact" line and the bit in the beginning about, "After a year of hits and misses we finally have a nice classic Rick and Morty adventure." The self-aware metahumor is one of my favorite things about this show, and I'm sure Roiland and Harmon participating a lot in fan feedback (even if it means going on awful places like Reddit) has a lot to do with that.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Which I find weird, since at least for me, this season was an absolutely blast.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That line was written over a year ago.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

"Morty? What're you doing with Taddy Mason?"
"Holy **** dad, shut the **** up!"

Gets me every time.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I cant believe the quick aside of Jerry getting fired after the Apples Ad Pitch way back in season one (as an after credits stinger no less) stuck and they didn't mention it until now.

Also I like the Dan Harmon voice cat-dude re-pitching the Purge idea and just gets cut off immediately because we all know the joke.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Fancy Hat! posted:

I cant believe the quick aside of Jerry getting fired after the Apples Ad Pitch way back in season one (as an after credits stinger no less) stuck and they didn't mention it until now.

Also I like the Dan Harmon voice cat-dude re-pitching the Purge idea and just gets cut off immediately because we all know the joke.

They brought it up Total Rickall as well.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Speaking of Total Rickall, after knowing the context of this scene, I wish I could somehow watch the alt reality version of this ep where Mr. Poopy Butthole purges with them:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guy A. Person posted:

Speaking of Total Rickall, after knowing the context of this scene, I wish I could somehow watch the alt reality version of this ep where Mr. Poopy Butthole purges with them:

Oh hell yes.

Even though I knew what was coming, the way Rick tasered Morty made me laugh very hard.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

rydiafan posted:

And Jerry's dick plot was way better than the improv last week. This season the B plots have generally been better than the A plots.
Perhaps Jerry's dick was the A plot? :tinfoil:

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
One week left why is this happening rick and morty forever

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

6-year plan man posted:

Rick and Mor-buuurrp-rty for a hundred years... rickandmorty dot com....

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Not many shows can do this to me, but I am legit filled with anticipation as to what the finale will be.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

6-year plan man posted:

Think of it this way: the off season gives the staff of Rick and Morty a chance to get their poo poo together

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

MrAristocrates posted:

That line was written over a year ago.
And Roiland tweeted that he knew some people would hate Interdimensional Cable 2, and posted on that Chaos Chaos video months before Auto-Erotic aired. I think they're generally aware of how their different episodes are going to be received.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 29, 2015

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Of course they knew some people will hate it, they hated it, they had the characters in the episode react poorly to it and Rick flat out states that it is a pointless rehash of a joke that they've already told that isn't gonna be as funny as the first time they told it. I would guess that this is something that someone in the network asked them to do and they approached begrudgingly, or otherwise they just really enjoyed the work process of having Justin spew nonsense in a recording studio and have the animators go wild coming up with a wacky context for the whole thing, I never got the impression that they thought any of it was good or that the joke itself was worth repeating.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Inter dimensional Cable 2 was just the castoffs of the same session that made the first one.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Has summer pissed her pants every single episode this season?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Except for this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

a shameful boehner posted:

Except for this one?

She admitted to pissing her pants in her recollections with her dad I am going to count it.

• Locked thread