Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
also summon me a sandwich!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
a sandwich sounds loving amazing right now

i am quite hungry. there is a meeting in an upstairs conference room right now that i heard someone ordered 12 pizzas for. i am hoping for leftovers because yay free lunch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm bored can someone scumclaim please tia

good scumslip

##vote kumba

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also I'm really hungry and have this awesome cajun chicken and indian spiced potatoes I made and I want to eat it already lunch can't come soon enough.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

good scumslip

##vote kumba

i am sorry you feel that way

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I ordered a 14" Italian sub yesterday from a local place because of mafia discussion thread, and am going to eat at least part of the rest of it shortly with some olive oil and balsamic!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

also I'm really hungry and have this awesome cajun chicken and indian spiced potatoes I made and I want to eat it already lunch can't come soon enough.

Share the recipe please, tia.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i made butternut squash bisque with bacon and also some rosemary bread

but i'd rather have pizza because free and i can eat my bisque tomorrow!!!!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Kumbamontu (2): Podima, Kashuno
TMMadman (1): Kumbamontu
Kashuno (1): TMMadman

Not Voting (9): Biaga, Colonel Corazon, Gabriel Pope, Green Intern, Hermetic, Nth Doctor, SirSamVimes, Someone Awful!, Tommunist

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 01st, 2015 at 11:15 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

i made butternut squash bisque with bacon and also some rosemary bread

but i'd rather have pizza because free and i can eat my bisque tomorrow!!!!

yeah gonna need that recipe too, thanks!

Once it finally starts getting colder (85F here today UGH gently caress OFF) I can't wait to start making soup again! I have a shiny new immersion blender this year too.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

yeah gonna need that recipe too, thanks!

Once it finally starts getting colder (85F here today UGH gently caress OFF) I can't wait to start making soup again! I have a shiny new immersion blender this year too.

this is from memory but should be close:

stuff you'll need:
1 butternut squash
1 medium yellow onion
2-3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
8oz heavy cream
1 qt chicken stock (i use unsalted then add salt later)
1 good sized sprig of rosemary
salt, pepper, red pepper to taste
however much bacon you want (if you're eating the whole pot amongst a bunch of people, i'd say 2lbs. when it's just my wife and i eating it for dinner, 1lb is more than enough)

preheat oven at 400F, and put the bacon on a cookie sheet lined with foil. cook for 10-15 minutes until it's crispy (you want crispy bacon for this for sure, soggy bacon won't do), set aside.

dice up the onion and garlic quite small, throw into a big rear end pot with the olive oil on medium-high heat and cook until the onions are translucent.
while that's cooking, peel the squash and cut into roughly 1/2 inch chunks and set aside until the onions are done. once the onions are finished, dump in the chicken stock and squash, reduce heat to medium and cover and boil until the squash is tender. should be about 15-20 minutes - tender squash will be pretty easily smashable against the side of the pot with a wooden spoon. when tender, dump the contents of the pot into a blender and blend that poo poo until it's a smooth consistency which will not take very long if you cooked the squash enough.

dump that back into the pot, and add the heavy cream, rosemary, salt, pepper, and red pepper. heat until it's bubbling again, remove the rosemary sprig, and you're good to go!

to serve: i like to take half of the bacon (particularly the crispier bits if your oven cooks unevenly) and smash it up and add the bits to a bowl, pour soup over it and stir, then garnish with a whole slice or two of bacon on top along with a few fresh cracks of black pepper.

it is delicious and amazing for a fall meal when it's starting to get cooler outside. also really pairs well with beers with a little sweetness, i had a woodchuck fall (my favorite cider ever seriously it tastes like drinking apple pie) with a bowl of it the other night and drat

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Nth Doctor posted:

I was working on the inner city American wizarding school fic, but then Key and Peele stole my whole bit. :sigh:

I was not aware this bit existed. My day just got a little better!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Share the recipe please, tia.

Potatoes:

3lbs potatoes
2tsp tumeric
1tsp cumin
1/2tsp cinammon
1/2tsp salt
1/8tsp cayenne
2 cloves garlic
3tbsp vegetable oil

Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes
cover potatoes covered in water for 5 min
drain in colander
mix all spices in a small bowl
mince garlic, throw in a skillet with vegetable oil on medium
add potatoes and spices, mix, cook for 7-10 minutes stirring rarely

Chicken:
nothing special just a rub made with a bunch of cajun spices, cayenne, black pepper, and a little salt. I don't have measurements for this one, but it's roughly 7 parts cajun spice, 2 parts cayenne, 1 part salt&pepper. I used boneless skinless chicken breast. Just coat it with spices, throw it in a pan and cook until blackened.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i have a magic wand up my sleeve that shoots fireballs. i'm going to use it on the next person who posts, so if you'd like to stay alive don't post

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yolo

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
YOU HAVE FALLEN FOR MY TRAP...

...of trying to generate content. Kashuno is probably town, as a member of the scumteam is highly unlikely to put their neck out on the line after a threat of a vig. I do not actually have a vig.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you vig someone later I'm pushing to have you lynched for that.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

If you vig someone later I'm pushing to have you lynched for that.

i assure you i won't be vigging anyone unless someone has a vig to give away in which case yes please give it to me so I can light someone up

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

i assure you i won't be vigging anyone unless someone has a vig to give away in which case yes please give it to me so I can light someone up

Townie talk, ie tying to look townie to early in the game. I smell scum.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Biaga posted:

(forgot to add magical reference)

Hocus Pocus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

update; it's lunch-time and drat this food is great.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

update; it's lunch-time and drat this food is great.

I know right!? I also eating a burrito so I have +5 magic resistance to tempting recipes, although they do sound pretty good.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Biaga posted:

I know right!? I also eating a burrito so I have +5 magic resistance to tempting recipes, although they do sound pretty good.

Biaga is going to be casting Gas Cloud later.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

If you had a wand to your head and another wand in your hand, who would you vig right here and now? :v:

Also my sandwich was delicious, and I now have a buff of +7 Satiation.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
TMM if you were a scum roleblocker ninja cop reverse death miller, what action would you take on who and why?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

TMM if you were a scum roleblocker ninja cop reverse death miller, what action would you take on who and why?

I'm not TMM but I would wait for the second vote on me, scream a lot, and then self-NK. (I don't think any of those are vig roles?)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Podima posted:

I ordered a 14" Italian sub yesterday from a local place because of mafia discussion thread, and am going to eat at least part of the rest of it shortly with some olive oil and balsamic!

That sounds pretty good. Accio sandwich.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Biaga posted:

Are we still jokeposting? Because this is pretty dumb, especially when you've been making a couple generic "i am town" posts yourself.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

If you had a wand to your head and another wand in your hand, who would you vig right here and now? :v:

Also my sandwich was delicious, and I now have a buff of +7 Satiation.

I would vig TMM, mostly because it would be funny if my fake trap sprung actually resulted in a dead scum, but also because he's one of the few names I recognize and I wouldn't shoot someone I haven't played with before on D1 without an actual scumslip

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I would role block you because another scum could do the killing. I don't need to cop anyone because I'm scum. And isn't a reverse death miller just a regular godfather?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
a reverse death miller is a scum who flips Vanilla Town when they die

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

TMMadman posted:

I would role block you because another scum could do the killing. I don't need to cop anyone because I'm scum. And isn't a reverse death miller just a regular godfather?

Not according to the wiki

quote:

There also exists the super-rare Reverse Death Millers, players who are scum-aligned, but upon death flip town.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Biaga posted:

Are you saying it's scummy to say you're unable to kill someone? If you're a member of the town and someone asks if you're able to kill, how do you respond?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

Are we still jokeposting? Because this is pretty dumb, especially when you've been making a couple generic "i am town" posts yourself.

day 1 is nothing but jokeposting as far as I can tell.

Being my second game I know a lot about mafia.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

Are you saying it's scummy to say you're unable to kill someone? If you're a member of the town and someone asks if you're able to kill, how do you respond?

/cast dispell sarcasm
*its not very effective*

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I don't believe you were being sarcastic, but I do believe you are now backpedaling

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

I don't believe you were being sarcastic, but I do believe you are now backpedaling

If I was serious about calling you a scum I would have voted. I know nothing about you, besides the few brief posts in this game so far, and all your posts of which are pretty much feeler posts and fluff to get the thread going.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Biaga posted:

that other game you were in, emoji mafia, didn't even have that long of a jokephase considering I just read it in like 3 minutes

is this your first scum game? be honest. you can tell me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Biaga posted:

Yeah, it's not like we want to do any scumhunting or anything :rolleyes:

##vote biaga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Biaga posted:

Hello second-game friend.

• Locked thread