Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Looks like Magnus left Pdox

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-diary-1-a-farewell.884254/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
And upcoming DLC is something that's been requested a lot, but apparently not China DLC, thankfully.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 29, 2015

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

And upcoming DLC is something that's been requested a lot, but apparently not China DLC, thankfully.

Three and a half years out from release, is there any DLC concept which hasn't been "requested a lot" at this point?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Autonomous Monster posted:

Three and a half years out from release, is there any DLC concept which hasn't been "requested a lot" at this point?

I don't think anybody actually requested a role-playing add on, which would explain the extremely negative reaction to Pdox "wasting time" on WoL instead of adding an alt-history scenario with a horde in the west.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Fix my goddamn West Africans

or maybe I'll do it. Something to get that light infantry to not suck I guess. I don't know

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Surprise! It's Tibet.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I don't think anybody actually requested a role-playing add on, which would explain the extremely negative reaction to WoL.

WoL had a negative reaction? Was it on the paradox forums? Because here I remember a lot of people really liking it.

New DLC will finally add skeletons, I hope.

*edit* speaking of Tibet is the "reincarnation" trait for Indian characters super rare or something? I never saw it once in my whole campaign to unify the subcontinent.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
It better be playing as a theocracy. I want to be a dirty, greedy, simony-loving bishop!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Way of Life owns and is the expansion most recently out when I started. To even see the old form of stat increase is terrible.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I edited my post to make the joke more obvious.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Autonomous Monster posted:

Theocracy, which Groggy has said no to.

Expanding Hellenism, which Groggy has said no to.

Expanding Pagans, which Groggy has said no to all but the Norse. :v:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean he never said it wasn't china

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Theocracy, which Groggy has said no to.

Expanding Hellenism, which Groggy has said no to.

It's reverse psychology. The next expansion will be an excruciatingly detailed Hellenic theocracy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Skip China and add the rest of East Asia.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

They're finally listening to the subreddit and removing Islam entirely from the game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
They will add Vinland to the game, but only for Norse players.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

secret bear

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If you can provide proof you live in Scandinavia you can get even more norse features.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

BrainParasite posted:

They're finally listening to the subreddit and removing Islam entirely from the game.

And depriving me of the pleasure?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If you can provide proof you live in Scandinavia you can get even more norse features.

Even BETTER Old Gods beards!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Well I've always wanted to move somewhere colder.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

Even BETTER Old Gods beards!

I look forward to the dev diaries, with each diary focused on a new beautiful beard.

Also the addition of a "grow a beard" ambition.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I figure by the time we get CK3 the map will have expanded to cover the entire world EU4 style and then at some point there will be some kind of horrifying/beautiful Sega 32X DLC that connects CK3 and EU5 for a single continuous millenia-long game without mod converting or whatever.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a human rear end sitting in a chair forever achievement: Play a game from 769 to 1821.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope they add all of Asia except China.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I´ve said it before but Romuva and "Suemensko" should get more features than Norse because the former lasted almost four centuries longer than the Norse did and the latter was still the dominant religion in Lapland until the 18th century and that sort of Finno-Ugric paganism that "suemensko" seems to be used as a umbrella term for is still a thing among the Mari of Russia although in a syncretic form reminiscant of Voodoo where they technically Christianized but mostly just added Jesus and Mary to the existing pantheon.

Of course adding more features to them might be slightly tricky because they weren't really as into writing as the Nordics were so there isn't as much to go on.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
All the "Norse" stuff wasn't even written by the Norse, though, which is the crazy part. That stuff was all written a few centuries after that whole region had converted to Christianity, so the authenticity of any of it is fairly dubious. I mean there are some things that we know are true like runestones because like, they're still there. But as far as the mythology goes it's very much second or third or fourth hand information.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Roadie posted:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a human rear end sitting in a chair forever achievement: Play a game from 2 to 9999.

They end up making the Expanded Timeline mod for EUIV it's own game.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

It's definitely going to be a revision including the whole rest of Africa. I mean, on top of that Archer nerf, they couldn't actually hate the West African provinces, right?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

This guy has the right idea: :v:

Paradox Plaza posted:

I would love to see a push of the start date all the way back to the fall of the Roman Empire. I could just imagine it, a bookmark around 460 CE or so and the game would instantly start with all the different Germanic tribes pushing straight into the Western Half of Rome and could have the horde mechanics where whatever land they conquer becomes an independent state or maybe they just all have the invasion casus belli (this would result in less varied results). I want this mostly because of the amazing alt history potential here. Maybe the Franks decide to invade Brittania, while the Frisians invade Gaul, and the Saxons decide to take Hispania. Something like this would create an amazing amount of random uniqueness since you'd never have the same land controlled by the same cultures in any two games. Personally the farther from true history I get in my CK2 games the better. Cultures always being in the same areas has always been something that I wish would be resolved in a conventional sense such as this. It would also open the doors for other great possibilities as well, such as the Germanic tribes converting to Islam, Judaism, Zoroastrianism or whatever since maybe they decided to reject the Christian teachings and instead convert later or right away. It would be mighty interesting seeing a Jewish Europe or just any different religion in general. The point is that such a bookmark would create an amazing variety in CK2 games.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I want a Fall of Rome scenario just so the about-to-die Western Roman Empire can be a honeypot and I can laugh with malice as everybody tries to play as the Romans and immediately had their poo poo punched in from several directions simultaneously.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Feudalism didn't really exist in 476 though.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The senatorial aristocracy in the provinces were basically hereditary lords and landowners already, at least.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ofaloaf posted:

I want a Fall of Rome scenario just so the about-to-die Western Roman Empire can be a honeypot and I can laugh with malice as everybody tries to play as the Romans and immediately had their poo poo punched in from several directions simultaneously.

That's basically what Total War: Attila is about. The Western Rome start is ranked "legendary" difficulty.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe they'll unlock inland republics as playable! And then everyone else would just be tribal.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not sure if you noticed this but the game hasn't really been about feudalism since like the second DLC.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

The Cheshire Cat posted:

That's basically what Total War: Attila is about. The Western Rome start is ranked "legendary" difficulty.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716022&pagenumber=57&perpage=40

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Paradox would need to figure out an immersive way for a game started in 476 or whenever to develop key features as time goes on. Islam doesn't even exist yet!

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Roadie posted:

I figure by the time we get CK3 the map will have expanded to cover the entire world EU4 style and then at some point there will be some kind of horrifying/beautiful Sega 32X DLC that connects CK3 and EU5 for a single continuous millenia-long game without mod converting or whatever.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a human rear end sitting in a chair forever achievement: Play a game from 769 to 1821.

Your dreams are puny.

Rome 2-->CK3-->EU5-->Vicky 3-->HOI 5-->New Product-->Stellaris 2

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Paradox Historical Strategy Games: Civilization for the serious grognard. Why play only one game that spans all human history when you can play nine different games with different mechanics to get the truly immersive experience?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

pwnyXpress posted:

Your dreams are puny.

Rome 2-->CK3-->EU5-->Vicky 3-->HOI 5-->New Product-->Stellaris 2

You say "New Product", but how do we know Stellaris won't have a 1940's start? You go from cold war era early rocketry experiments all the way up to warp drive. Or just pick an alien race to play and re-enact the Roswell incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Take a break from Paradox games and just use Kerbal Space Program to fill in that spot.

• Locked thread