Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
I do like this more than forced burgerchat, though. Tell me the meaning of your avatar, Madcosby. I understand the jinkies, but why is Velma jinkieing so hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
She just needs a hot cosby.

Madcosby posted:

If it was obvious no one would buy ships

how is this difficult for you people. oh right, i forgot. Self-inflicted retardation.

Question for people still hanging on: what's your tolerance? How long can Chris Roberts string you along before you give up? I want to know, I really think I should start taking money from you too

If you're looking for people that think SC is a good thing to spend money on you're looking in the wrong place here.

May I suggest https://www.reddit.com

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 30, 2015

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

KakerMix posted:

They're right though, why stay in this thing as it is exceedingly obvious that the only thing left in star citizen is the drama that comes out of it. Roberts is a hack that can't make movies but still keeps trying, Sandi is a hack that wants to be an actor that can't act yet keeps trying, and Ben is a large man that can't kiss Roberts yet keeps trying. They just sold a 900 dollar picture of a ship.
There is and never will be a game, if there is just play it when it comes out, this isn't an investment you fukkin nerds think about it for a few seconds, please.

Who's staying in though? Like, other than Octopode, is there a single person in this thread who is not rapidly extracting as much cash as possible from this thing?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'll try and make myself clear, I know it's difficult to hold your attention without dangling a jpg of a spaceship and a price tag in front of your faces but here goes

Ask for a refund. Get it. Sell ships on reddit, whatever, but dont hold on. Don't hold on to one ship "just in case". Chris Roberts is a scam artist. The more successful this scam gets, the more this scam will perpetuate into other gaming development. Stop posting new ships. This thread should be about how to get your refunds, not about acting as Chris' middle-men for selling his garbage. Dont hold on. You are being scammed.

a project so strong derek smart could knock it over

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
i like hotdogs can we talk about them

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Madcosby posted:

I'll try and make myself clear, I know it's difficult to hold your attention without dangling a jpg of a spaceship and a price tag in front of your faces but here goes

Ask for a refund. Get it. Sell ships on reddit, whatever, but dont hold on. Don't hold on to one ship "just in case". Chris Roberts is a scam artist. The more successful this scam gets, the more this scam will perpetuate into other gaming development. Stop posting new ships. This thread should be about how to get your refunds, not about acting as Chris' middle-men for selling his garbage. Dont hold on. You are being scammed.

2013 wants it's posting back. You're about 2 years too late here buddy.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Good Dumplings posted:

I do like this more than forced burgerchat, though. Tell me the meaning of your avatar, Madcosby. I understand the jinkies, but why is Velma jinkieing so hard?

i forgot to set the frame animation rate so it just goes to browser default i think

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Madcosby posted:

Sarsapariller's first comment still seems very apt.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ShredsYouSay posted:

i like hotdogs can we talk about them

5 guys hotdogs are actually better than their burgers.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sarsapariller posted:

Who's staying in though? Like, other than Octopode, is there a single person in this thread who is not rapidly extracting as much cash as possible from this thing?

There are a few people I've seen talking about hesitating pulling everything out, or leaving a ship or saying "well I'm in for 30 so whatever" so I feel that it's more than octopode.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

I dunno dude, they don't sell $2500 Javelins that often, might be worth holding on to till the game comes out. Also top class talent coming to the SQ42 movie, not sure anyone would want to miss all that.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Madcosby posted:

i forgot to set the frame animation rate so it just goes to browser default i think

Croberts loves a Scooby snack.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gwaihir posted:

2013 wants it's posting back. You're about 2 years too late here buddy.

AP posted:

I dunno dude, they don't sell $2500 Javelins that often, might be worth holding on to till the game comes out.

Ap claims I keep posting poo poo he already knows yet still thinks a game is coming out and a jpg of a spaceship might be "worth holding on to"

Hence why I have to keep repeating myself.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

cosby i love you bro but theres only like 2 dudes in this thread who still believe in Star Citizen, you are literally preaching to the choir

I'd estimate a third of the people who post here arent even backers, we just came for the hijinx

Yeah if you wanted to troll this thread playing the part of butthurt true believer would get a ton of mileage.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

Ap claims I keep posting poo poo he already knows yet still thinks a game is coming out and a jpg of a spaceship might be "worth holding on to"

You're ruining my dreams and you just don't appear to care.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Madcosby posted:

:cawg:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Madcosby posted:

Uh huh. That's exactly what AP is posting, that's absolutely right.

lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Im not trying to troll this thread I'm trying to burn Star Citizen to the ground so "earl;y-access" and video game crowdfunding dies the death it deserves

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Madcosby posted:

Im not trying to troll this thread I'm trying to burn Star Citizen to the ground so "earl;y-access" and video game crowdfunding dies the death it deserves

trust me Ben Lesnick and Chris Roberts are already doing their best to make sure that happens.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from.

The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Gwaihir posted:

trust me Ben Lesnick and Chris Roberts are already doing their best to make sure that happens.

Maybe he's :lesnick:'s parachute account, trying to do some strategic undercover work outside CIS?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Madcosby posted:

Good luck turning this crowd against Star Citizen.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
fair enough. I'll take that everyone in this thread got a refund. No one owns a single ship. I hope that's really the case. Sorry I told you what you already know

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Croberts loves a Scooby snack.

Cup the balls. Stroke the shaft.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
AP is reminding us all why this thread is good and cool.

Also, got my refund and a valuable lesson about not backing kickstarters ever.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Madcosby posted:

fair enough. I'll take that everyone in this thread got a refund. No one owns a single ship. I hope that's really the case. Sorry I told you what you already know

yes you have single handedly saved us all thank god

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Madcosby posted:

It's OK. I own all the ships. Thanks for letting me know.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Madcosby posted:

I still have a ship left. Please regale me with more tales about how I'm being scammed, bad with money, and otherwise an idiot. :allears:

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Gwaihir posted:

OK? I mean, I'm hardly bullish on the prospects of CIG actually releasing a fun game, I think that artist's letter is damning of their entire management processes in the extreme and I've cashed out, but goons going "lol it doesn't exist the only thing they do is sell ship jpgs" is still loving dumb.

There was a massive leak thanks to JARED!!! being a dumbass, and people like Parias got all sorts of things out of it/working in it.

It obviously does exist, and is slowly shambling towards being something, but that something is just going to be a game filled with over-engineered tedious un-fun crap like DRINKMASTER-5000 and "Farmville, in SPAAAACE!"

I don't know why you're arguing with me because this is what I think too!? except i wouldn't call the minigames 'over-engineered'.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Eldragon posted:

I still have a ship left. Please regale me with more tales about how I'm being scammed, bad with money, and otherwise an idiot. :allears:

You're being scammed, you're bad with money, and you're an idiot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Madcosby posted:

lmao

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Eldragon posted:

I think you got it covered.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

HKS posted:

I don't know why you're arguing with me because this is what I think too!? except i wouldn't call the minigames 'over-engineered'.

Sorry, just a reflex reaction more than anything. I still read this thread because funny things happen, but the non stop parade of goons spam posting LOLOLOLOL THIS DOESNT EXIST gets just as annoying as the opposing white knights, except I never see the second ones (Outside of the quotes that get pasted here) because gently caress going to the RSI forums or reddit.

e: I say over-engineered because I imagine some designer had to go back and forth with lord roberts about 10 times just to nail down the mechanics of the space farmville module and that just makes me laugh really loving hard.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 30, 2015

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Madcosby posted:

It's okay, you're dedicated to your job. Basically, all the things you're talking about are happening in the SC reddit and not here, which is why everyone is calling you a dumbass. For example, at this very moment some fool is creaming his pants at the newly introduced farming module:

quote:

[–]enkhrypthor[S] 11 points 4 hours ago

I believe that combat will be the less attractive point of this game... I mean, look at that image! How amazing it would be , after a long day of work, your kids are sleeping and you sit on your chair and put your VR kit ( or multi monitor setup ) and just stare your farm with a:

Sun in the background.
Asteroid field, with some Orion's mining ( from a safe distance )
Your silly friend just doing manoeuvres on his aurora
the horror of enemies approaching, while you only have time to drop your coffee mug and run to the cockpit.

Well...must resist buying this beauty....

Alternately, we could talk about Doobie's Froghouse, or hot dog crew, or post :agreed: for eight pages. Much like Star Citizen, the possibilities are loving endless :mad:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

LCL-Dead posted:

I was reading a comparison of the Rift/Vive over on True Reviews that left me torn. Vive is going to be the more expensive of the three options dropping in the next 5-6 months by HTC's own admission. Rift feels/looks more complete, more like a finished product but I think the Vive had higher resolution and the partnership with Valve and some of those other companies is pretty appealing.
I've tracked this pretty closely, too. Right now, Vive is slightly more appealing to me-- though it's going to be the costlier option, and the higher risk. I plopped a crapload into a VR-ready PC rig -- I'm hoping to experience Fidelity + Immershun by playing Elite Horizons in VR from day 1. (And that Frontier can shift their Dev focus to lore/Thargoids/richer story matters.)

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Also for the people just looking into all of this madness, I think that the real turning point of the old thread and goon opinion on SC was probably around the time they announced FPS as a big thing. It was also the time around when they stopped giving a gently caress about the stretch goals that had anything to do with flying spaceships and you were getting a bonsai plant for 49 million bucks pledged.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Gwaihir posted:

Sorry, just a reflex reaction more than anything. I still read this thread because funny things happen, but the non stop parade of goons spam posting LOLOLOLOL THIS DOESNT EXIST gets just as annoying as the opposing white knights, except I never see the second ones (Outside of the quotes that get pasted here) because gently caress going to the RSI forums or reddit.

e: I say over-engineered because I imagine some designer had to go back and forth with lord roberts about 10 times just to nail down the mechanics of the space farmville module and that just makes me laugh really loving hard.

Most of the white knights are just trolling the "LOLOLOL this doesn't exist" goons because they're too dumb to realize this is basically just games gbs with surprise guest appearances from random reddit star citizen fans and a healthy dose of burgin'. The thread the lololol goons think they're trolling hasn't existed in well over a year when it went on a roadtrip through the forums with a nice, long visit to GBS proper. I don't mean to spoil the fun, but now that I got my refund I'm debating if I should put it towards a grill and want suggestions.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Just get a classic Weber Kettle, impossible to go wrong there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So if we cash in now? Does that mean we potentially miss out on the class action lawsuit? :sun:

• Locked thread