Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Shine posted:

He should rename it the I'm Prettier.

You should probably tweet this at Breeze, it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Testekill posted:

I do quite like the new lead in for Balor, it's pretty sick.

I like to think that it is his jacket's entrance music. It's also important because now his regular theme has an intro, so the heartbeat for the demon will stand out even more.

Ciampa had a great showing tonight and it was the least that I have ever hated him. It probably helps that he isn't playing up the dumb psychopath bullshit.

Playing up Asuka like a straight movie monster is too good and I cannot wait for Dana to be torn to shreds.

That final package was the best. I love when wrestling evokes the real sport feel (same reason I dig the Dusty Classic updates) and it just made the match seem like a huge deal. I know those two will deliver, so let's just hope that the Full Sail fans are dumbfounded by the awesome and can only clap or wordlessly cheer.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I know WWE is great at video packages but holy poo poo that Bayley/Sasha package. I was kind of meh about the Takeover but then I remembered how loving awesome their last match was and how we were screaming at the top of our lungs by the end. Now I'm really excited for it, just for that main event.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I also wanted to say that I like all the little things they're doing that are alluding to an eventual Finn Balor heel turn. Black leather jacket, new intro, Balor Club titantron, slightly more heelish manners. If they don't have him as the guy who took out Hideo Itami it's going to be a tremendous letdown.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Glamorama26 posted:

You should probably tweet this at Breeze, it's good.

Finally I have a reason to make a Twitter account. Girlfriend asked why I immediately tweeted a guy named "MmmGorgeous." :cripes:

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
All you had to do is show her his profile pic and then she would understand your pulsating desire.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

somehow dana has won me over. go dana.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

somehow dana has won me over. go dana.

I'm three episodes behind and somehow this is the post that got me to navigate over to the Network, because I refuse to believe this is possible and need to see it with my own eyes

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oh its no real improvement or anything I just think shes really funny

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

fatherdog posted:

Then read the probation reason, and if you're still unclear, talk about it in QCS, not this thread.

Yeah thanks I was definitely gearing up to seriously debate a probation's motivation in the NXT thread. Whew.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Gargano's rope submission kicked rear end.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

I'm three episodes behind and somehow this is the post that got me to navigate over to the Network, because I refuse to believe this is possible and need to see it with my own eyes

Nah, she has a great hold on her character and her wrestling is now just mediocre instead of terrible. It's tangible progress.

E: The fact that they're feeding her to Asuka instead of, like, Emma or the jobber Aussies, seems to indicate that they're cooling from her initial big push. Then again, Dana has eaten a ton of pins to the Horsewomen so it's not like they're protecting her anyway, so.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 1, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I haven't seen any of Dana Brooke (unless you count gifs) but she's the exact type of person NXT was meant for before it became 'the workrate brand to make the smarks happy' so if she's really getting better then it's good that there's still a glimmer of its original purpose being upheld.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grozz Nuy posted:

I haven't seen any of Dana Brooke (unless you count gifs) but she's the exact type of person NXT was meant for before it became 'the workrate brand to make the smarks happy' so if she's really getting better then it's good that there's still a glimmer of its original purpose being upheld.

I think the Dusty tournament has really hit that sweet spot between "developmental" and "smark bait." You got the smark dream team in Finn/Joe, the indie team in Gargano/Ciamppo, the in-house guys like Jordan/Gable and The Mechanics, and pretty much all of them have been elevated in some way, Jordan/Gable especially.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dana Brooke is improving on every aspect of her game which can't be said for many in NXT.

If you don't watch Total Divas NXT's writer Ryan Ward was shown on screen this week:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Developmental doesn't just mean training newbies from the ground up either, there's a lot of stuff that even the indie veterans need to learn too. Or unlearn, I guess. Like what Balor's said about all the work he's done to put together his entrance regarding camera positioning and whatnot that wasn't really a factor in Japan or elsewhere. WWE has a pretty specific house style that they want everyone to adopt regardless of their level of ring experience and it's way easier to teach that in NXT instead of tossing them onto Raw day one and hoping they acclimate.

Dana Brooke is still really bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Delsaber posted:

Developmental doesn't just mean training newbies from the ground up either, there's a lot of stuff that even the indie veterans need to learn too. Or unlearn, I guess. Like what Balor's said about all the work he's done to put together his entrance regarding camera positioning and whatnot that wasn't really a factor in Japan or elsewhere. WWE has a pretty specific house style that they want everyone to adopt regardless of their level of ring experience and it's way easier to teach that in NXT instead of tossing them onto Raw day one and hoping they acclimate.

Dana Brooke is still really bad.

I both agree and disagree with you. It's absolutely developmental and we should be allowed some patience. At the same time, there are now different levels of developmental -- the green-as-goose-poo poo workers at the Performance Center, doing the same simple drills every day; the prospects at house shows who are being tested in front of live crowds; and then the people on TV, who should at least be experienced enough that they're ready to deal with Full Sail, the backstage promos and all the various quirks WWE wants of them. NXT TV should be like the final level for those people, the last test for them if they want to move to the main roster.

Think of it like minor league baseball. You got the high-school kids still learning the basics in Single-A, the kids who get the basics down move up to Double-A, and then Triple-A is reserved for either the kids getting ready for the callup, or the hotshot international signings just acclimating to the American style before they move up to the big leagues. There's a clear hierarchy, and I feel like that's what NXT wants to be on its best day.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
That Bayley vs Sasha package was cool but having the PPV at Full Sail is going to feel such a let down after Brooklyn.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Painkiller posted:

That Bayley vs Sasha package was cool but having the PPV at Full Sail is going to feel such a let down after Brooklyn.

I have no doubt that we will get a "Better Than Brooklyn" chant at some point in the night.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I have no doubt that we will get a "Better Than Brooklyn" chant at some point in the night.

at least three times, and drowning out one entire fight

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Under the vegetable posted:

Gargano's rope submission kicked rear end.

Yeah, it was Sakuraba's secret move but using the ropes and it ruled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nltcFB4kI

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Let's Go Dana

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
I haven't seen much of his work but Ciampa doesn't really seem like he brings all that much to the table besides your standard indie stiffness and intensity. What's so good about him?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

his warm smile and kind eyes

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Gods help me, but I didn't mind Dana on this episode. Half expecting her and Asuka to suddenly put on a 20-minute blinder at TakeOver.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

Gods help me, but I didn't mind Dana on this episode. Half expecting her and Asuka to suddenly put on a 20-minute blinder at TakeOver.

I liked her too, especially her facial reactions to Regal's hentai videos.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I liked her too, especially her facial reactions to Regal's hentai videos.

Emma totally screwed up though if they had glanced at each other at the same time in fear it would have been even funnier.

Though Emma made it up by mugging off that child with the high five

Watching some of the Asuka stuff I'm loving her striking style, it looks like she's actually connecting though. Just wonder how its gonna translate to the WWE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

VoLaTiLe posted:

Emma totally screwed up though if they had glanced at each other at the same time in fear it would have been even funnier.

Though Emma made it up by mugging off that child with the high five

Watching some of the Asuka stuff I'm loving her striking style, it looks like she's actually connecting though. Just wonder how its gonna translate to the WWE
That's because she's really connecting, that's the style in Japan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Just be cool, man. Breathe. Smile. Above all, be natural.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'm... actually hating Dana less, too. She's still not good, but she doesn't have the deer-in-the-headlights look she had when she first debuted, and while she's not exactly graceful, she at least looks like she's run the ropes before when she moves around the ring. She seems like she's figuring out her character and he trash talk is already better than the Bella Twins, so maybe there's hope for her yet.

I'm still looking forward to Asuka kicking her head in.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I kinda agree. She's still bad at wrestling, but she's able to get her character over very well imo

Also between the two aussie girls, Kay is looking a lot better than Royce

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dana is still pretty bad in the ring, but it's developmental and she's getting a little bit better every time I see her, so that's what matters.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
My favourite bit in this episode (outside of seeing Gargano) was Devin in the background of the Mechanics/JJGable bickering just sort of shrugging and walking away. It was a completely natural and believable action, so it was kinda surprising to see on WWE tv.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Probably the best overall NXT episode in quite a while. Granted the womens tag was not really that good and the opening felt weirdly edited, but other than that, both Gargano and Ciampa actually looked good in defeat and weren't just jobbed out like some spoiler reports made it seem, and the video package for Bayley/Sasha was very well done and certainly better than any video package the divas on the main roster have gotten. Not that I actually remember any Diva packages to begin with, but still.

Also count me as another person who likes Balor's slow implied turn back to the Real RocknRolla gimmick. He's got the Bulletalor Club in his intro, and he's back to his leather jacket. Now, next step will be to bring back the jacket lights.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I thought the video package was nice, but was a little disappointed that was the final segment wasn't something in-ring.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dana Brooke is growing on me too. She's not amazing or anything, but she has a character, her wrestling fits that character somewhat and she's got some chemistry with Emma. They do sentai poses now and it's amazing. I'm gonna miss them.

Kicky Aussie Bella would be a lot cooler if her kicks were more stiff, by the way.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
This card seems a littlepacked for a 2 hour show honestly, considering the Main is 30 minutes + all the promos and stuff:

Samoa Joe & Finn Balor vs Dash & Dawson in a Dusty Rhodes Classic semi-final match
Jason Jordan & Chad Gable vs Baron Corbin & Rhyno in the other Dusty Rhodes Classic semi-final match
The finals of the Dusty Rhodes Classic tag tournament
Dana Brooke vs Asuka
Apollo Crews vs Tyler Breeze
Sasha Banks vs Bayley in a 30-Minute Iron Woman Match for the Women's Championship

I'm guessing Joe/Balor vs Mechanics and Asuka matches are just gonna be squashes tho

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think they're purposely making Dana's character an idiot, hence the whole "hy-heena" thing, so she's got that going for her. They're definitely shaping the character around her faults which isn't a bad thing, and feels more organic. She's still not good in the ring but she's improving steadily, unlike Eva Marie who seems to have an improvement ceiling the height of an ant.

DM Punk posted:

Enzo, Cass, and Tyler Breeze seem to be stuck in their long term careers. Breeze has been in FCW/NXT forever and I don't feel like he's any closer to getting on the main roster than he was 1 year ago. They gotta do something with the dude.

I don't know how much you really want to read into HHH's PR, but on the NXT panel special he said NXT isn't development anymore, it's a brand. Balor also said he's in no hurry to get to Raw. So in Tyler's case there are worse things than being near the top of your brand. They just need to get him a legitimate title hunt, but I feel it's going to be a slow burn for him if anything.

That said, the problem with HHH's statement is that it's still clearly developmental for some people, since they have untested people with zero indie experience debuting on TV frequently. If they split NXT into the usual brand show AND an extra hour for small-scale developmental it might work better, but it's weird to have guys with a ton of global experience and absolute rookies on the same show if they're going to claim it's no longer developmental. Also that way the Full Sail crowd can't bitch about it being taken away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

sticklefifer posted:

I think they're purposely making Dana's character an idiot, hence the whole "hy-heena" thing, so she's got that going for her. They're definitely shaping the character around her faults which isn't a bad thing, and feels more organic. She's still not good in the ring but she's improving steadily, unlike Eva Marie who seems to have an improvement ceiling the height of an ant.

I don't know how much you really want to read into HHH's PR, but on the NXT panel special he said NXT isn't development anymore, it's a brand. Balor also said he's in no hurry to get to Raw. So in Tyler's case there are worse things than being near the top of your brand. They just need to get him a legitimate title hunt, but I feel it's going to be a slow burn for him if anything.

That said, the problem with HHH's statement is that it's still clearly developmental for some people, since they have untested people with zero indie experience debuting on TV frequently. If they split NXT into the usual brand show AND an extra hour for small-scale developmental it might work better, but it's weird to have guys with a ton of global experience and absolute rookies on the same show if they're going to claim it's no longer developmental. Also that way the Full Sail crowd can't bitch about it being taken away.

I liked the part where he implied that people getting called up weren't terribly thrilled about it anymore.

• Locked thread