Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Kashuno posted:

I kinda want to keep this guy around for his constantly condescending attitude :allears:

I'm not trying to come off as condescending, just lighthearted. Sorry about that. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Hermetic posted:

You are taking this way too seriously, mate. You know you don't get lynched in real life if you lose the vote, right?

You make me wanna ##unvote

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Hermetic posted:

You know you don't get lynched in real life if you lose the vote, right?

Of course. If it was a real lynch vote I wouldn't have unvoted you.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Gabriel Pope posted:

Of course. If it was a real lynch vote I wouldn't have unvoted you.

:drat:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Biaga has vanished, but he never posted much anyway. Said he was busy with school yesterday as well?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
So since my original case (found here) Hermetic:

• Made a scum call on me, and then forgot
  • Continues his defeatist attitude after calling someone scum for being defeatist
  • Attempted to deflect his own scummy behavior by calling out a lurker who isn't even the worst offender
  • Threatened to self-hammer out of spite
  • Still won't answer my question as to what "all the read I need" could possibly mean other than how I interpreted it

Yeah I'm happy with my vote.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hermetic being all gung-ho on biaga lynch then doing the exact behavior he called out as scummy? Combined with the staunch refusal to even try and say anything about anyone and making dumb posts like this

Hermetic posted:

You keep pushing me as scum, but refuse to drop the hammer, now that I've redefined 6 as my lynch value. You don't want to be seen as the one who does me in, so to speak.

(because hammering early is hella townie, amirite?!?!) -- I don't know how to read any of it except as scummy as hell.

I'm ready to drop a vote on this guy but he is at -2 and we still have like half a day if anyone has anything cool and cute to discuss about

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd really like to see Biaga come in and give us some thoughts.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

TMMadman posted:

I'd really like to see Biaga come in and give us some thoughts.

I'm all for this. I don't like a day 1 newbie lynch, but it just feels like "lay low, pretend you're pissed, and let your scumbros bail you out" to me, so without SOMETHING from him, I'm okay with either him or Kash today.

And I will continue to ignore Kumba, because I answered him, he just didn't like the answer, and he seems super mad about that, and refuses to admit that there's just not a good case against me. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to pick someone pushing me early for a lynch as a way to take the heat off of Biaga Smalls, I'd have to say probably Gabriel, because he unvoted me once the really big rush was off, and tried to play it like it was a pressure vote, despite the fact that he initially framed it as an actual vote (though he divorced the vote post from his case, which let him have wiggle room to justify it later). Kumba seems way too intent on me for now, and reads town who really seems supa-shure on his D1 lynch choice.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Still not sure how to feel about the CC/Kash slapfight from last night. CC, can you elaborate any on this?

Colonel Corazon posted:

Kash backpedals with his stance after people begin to think maybe biaga is just a poor newbie:

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

##vote Biaga

What?

"What?" indeed. Kash questions the early case on Biaga, Biaga starts floundering, a few people bring up the poor newbie defense, and then Kash flips to voting Biaga. How would people defending Biaga as a poor newbie be a trigger for a supposedly opportunistic vote?

The other thing that stuck out to me last night was this:

SirSamVimes posted:

Contentless? The post I quote was reason enough to vote, and I explained further after that. If you disagree with my vote there's nothing wrong with a contrary opinion, but framing my argument like that is weird and scummy. That said, after rereading I'm more leery of the fact that Hermetic jumped on the Biaga vote and hedged it at the same time which definitely pings my scumdar.

I still have no scum pings from Kashuno, despite the fact that he seems to be one of the main focuses.

Also I'm sorry for not posting a lot, I'm not great at engaging in D1.

Vimes has been doing a lot of lurking and both of his votes were for then-current vote leaders, giving only brief "me-too" restatements of cases other people have made to explain why he was voting. That might just be because he's legit busy, but he's also very quick to try to paint Something Awful! as scummy despite SA! making a perfectly relevant point.

Right now I'm feeling very confident that at least one of Herm and Vimes is scum. Vimes, want to expand on your thinking some and help us narrow this down?

Still haven't seen anything from Herm that makes me really question the lynch but I need to get back to work, want to lay my thoughts out in a more organized way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Vimes lurks and posts little content on d1 in every game he plays. it's a nulltell for him.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh i forgot to ##unvote earlier; i'm reconsidering my read on gabriel pope, especially after his most recent post just now

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Vimes lurks and posts little content on d1 in every game he plays. it's a nulltell for him.

what a jerk :argh:

ps i forgot i played the goemon games until you got an avatar, and then it all came flooding back. good times, good av.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Hermetic posted:

I'm all for this. I don't like a day 1 newbie lynch, but it just feels like "lay low, pretend you're pissed, and let your scumbros bail you out" to me, so without SOMETHING from him, I'm okay with either him or Kash today.

And I will continue to ignore Kumba, because I answered him, he just didn't like the answer, and he seems super mad about that, and refuses to admit that there's just not a good case against me. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to pick someone pushing me early for a lynch as a way to take the heat off of Biaga Smalls, I'd have to say probably Gabriel, because he unvoted me once the really big rush was off, and tried to play it like it was a pressure vote, despite the fact that he initially framed it as an actual vote (though he divorced the vote post from his case, which let him have wiggle room to justify it later). Kumba seems way too intent on me for now, and reads town who really seems supa-shure on his D1 lynch choice.

Can you point me to where you answered it? Because I think you'll find that difficult

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Kumbamontu posted:

Can you point me to where you answered it? Because I think you'll find that difficult

quote:

You'll notice I haven't voted you, yet, or made any accusations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
How is that an answer to "what does 'all the read I need' mean if not what I interpreted it as"

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
It means that I don't think it was a tell. Jesus christ.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Hermetic (4): Kumbamontu, Gabriel Pope, Deadbeat Dad, SirSamVimes, Green Intern, Gabriel Pope
Kashuno (3): TMMadman, TMMadman, TMMadman, Nth Doctor, Biaga, Kashuno, Kashuno, Colonel Corazon, Hermetic, TMMadman, Colonel Corazon
Colonel Corazon (1): Podima, Kashuno, Podima
Kumbamontu (0): Podima, Kashuno, Kashuno, Podima
Biaga (0): Gabriel Pope, Kashuno, SirSamVimes, Gabriel Pope, Hermetic, Kashuno, Kashuno, Kashuno, SirSamVimes, Hermetic
Gabriel Pope (0): Someone Awful!, Someone Awful!
TMMadman (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu

Not Voting (5): Colonel Corazon, Gabriel Pope, Podima, Someone Awful!, TMMadman

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 01st, 2015 at 11:15 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 57 minutes.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Hermetic posted:

If you want to talk about my gut reads, you were one of them. For some reason, they rubbed me the wrong way. You were kinda on my "watch" list from then

Jumping on me is the first thing you've done that I can say feels concretely scummy, though. You don't want to jump on the biagawagon, of course, because it seems to be losing steam, and at this point it would be too obvious. However, there's a lot of pressure on me because my posts have been a bit wishy-washy. (It's just how I reason through things without hard evidence. There's a lot of room for me to be wrong, so I dislike stating things with certainty). Thus, you can get a train running on me for the next 24 hours, avoiding more poking and prodding of others, and drive a townie lynch day 1.

Make a case why I'm scum. I think it will help me get a better read on you.

Hermetic posted:

Nah, it felt like you just lecturing me about my posting style rather than "Here is why Hermetic is scum like Solanas' manifesto". If that's your entire case against me, then I think I got all the read I need.

The above two posts are back to back. You're saying that, in context, that bolded phrase means "I don't think it was a tell"

Do you at least understand why I am finding your explanation incredibly difficult to believe?

To people that aren't Hermetic - am I being really obtuse here? Because I feel like I'm not but at this point I honestly can't tell if something is just flying way over my head

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Kumbamontu posted:

The above two posts are back to back. You're saying that, in context, that bolded phrase means "I don't think it was a tell"

Do you at least understand why I am finding your explanation incredibly difficult to believe?

To people that aren't Hermetic - am I being really obtuse here? Because I feel like I'm not but at this point I honestly can't tell if something is just flying way over my head

You seem obtuse to me, but maybe that's because I see the rationale from the inside.

So, since you've been focused on the Hermetic Pain Train for about a day and a half at this point, let's assume you've made your full case against me. Now: Who else do you think is scummy?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I would vote Podima, my mini case on him was here.

I would vote TMM but I'd keep my vote on you or vote Podima before that.

I would vote SSV for having done nothing other than jump on the 2 most popular bandwagons at the time, and I would probably vote Biaga if it came to it to avoid a NL even though I don't think he's a bad dude.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kumba how do you feel about CC?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Biaga has vanished, but he never posted much anyway. Said he was busy with school yesterday as well?

I am here, sorry still reading through the 124 posts since yesterday. School eats my time on Wed/Thus.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I am having a lot of problems deciding whether to change my vote or not. While I feel this game is probably my first real experience with this format of mafia, cause god knows I have posted some stupid poo poo, I think the turn between Herm and Kush has sparked some curious questions.

1. I think Kush is scum, and have stated early on my belief. I think his role throughout the last few pages has solidifed my vote, but why the self vote?
2. Herm is has been pretty scetchy, and is honestly the only other person I would feel comfortable voting for but why if hes scum would he draw attention to himself after everyone starts to dogpile kush?
3. If they are both scum, either they are playing a really well hashed out game of blaming each other in an attempt to split the vote, or they are both not townies (ie one is a Psychopath)?

I am not sure about question 3 (is it likely that there is that role in a game this size) but either way I am torn.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
#1 has been answered several times and is really obvious if you actually look at the post on question

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I am going to re-read everything and I will decide.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

#1 has been answered several times and is really obvious if you actually look at the post on question

What do you think about #3?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think 3 is a question worth asking - trying to make connections between 2 unflipped players is a rabbit hole that is generally fruitless

Kashuno posted:

Kumba how do you feel about CC?

My eyes glossed over his mega post, I don't really have a strong feeling either way

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a bit intrigued by Hermetic because his frustration reads as genuine but he's also being a bit over the top and dramatic imo. The self hammer thing is also interesting to me because I've only threatened to self hammer when I've been town. I would still probably vote him but not until closer to the deadline and I think I'd rather vote someone else right now.

I'm cooling a bit on Kash, but still think he's scum and would vote him. I also don't like how Kash excuses SSV for being bad at D1. His recent posts have been better but I still have a healthy suspicion of him.

Speaking of SSV, I'd also vote him for excusing himself from the game and lurking. In my opinion, the only way to get better at D1 is to dive in and take your lumps. Saying 'I'm no good at D1' is just a way to avoid having to state any real opinions.

I'd still consider voting for Pope as well because he's been hedging a bit. I'm not sure what to think of CC because I can sort of see the case Kash is bringing, but it's hard for me to jump on it because I'm suspicious of Kash. I'd still vote it to avoid the no lynch.

This has been a pretty messy D1.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I just read CC again and my feelings can be summed up as follows: :shrug:

The mega post is really long but doesn't actually say a whole lot of anything new or substantial and spends way too much time summarizing what other people did, but I don't think "Me too-ing" is scummy so meh

I would vote him to avoid a NL but I think there's much better candidates

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Speculating on roles in a closed setup like this on D1 is not a good use of time or energy.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

This has been a pretty messy great D1.

FTFY

(no but seriously in terms of D1s this has been a good and effortful one so all you new people should stick around :toot:)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

FTFY

(no but seriously in terms of D1s this has been a good and effortful one so all you new people should stick around :toot:)

Oh I agree. I was actually going to write: This has been a pretty messy D1, but we should get good information regardless of who we lynch. However, I didn't want to sound like I didn't care about who we lynch because I want to lynch scum.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

TMMadman posted:

This has been a pretty messy D1.

I'll take a messy d1 over a low-effort/boring d1 any day.

Would vote: hermetic (for reasons stated earlier), ssv (lurking and lazy me-too voting), maybe gabriel pope but I feel better about him now.

TMMadman posted:

Oh I agree. I was actually going to write: This has been a pretty messy D1, but we should get good information regardless of who we lynch. However, I didn't want to sound like I didn't care about who we lynch because I want to lynch scum.

I don't like this post at all, it seems like a completely overstated and unnecessary clarification to reassure us that you're totally town for sure bros :shrug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone Awful! posted:

I'll take a messy d1 over a low-effort/boring d1 any day.

Would vote: hermetic (for reasons stated earlier), ssv (lurking and lazy me-too voting), maybe gabriel pope but I feel better about him now.

I don't like this post at all, it seems like a completely overstated and unnecessary clarification to reassure us that you're totally town for sure bros :shrug:

Fair enough, but I think you're jumping at ghosts.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
would vote herm, want to vote CC, maybe biaga.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Tell me more about how you are town towningtown, the towniest town in the town of town, town, town. :allears:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Fair enough, but I think you're jumping at ghosts.

Possibly! Like I wouldn't vote you for it it just seemed idk, over the top

more "i'm gonna look at that dude again" then "holy crap hang that dude asap"

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Speculating on roles in a closed setup like this on D1 is not a good use of time or energy.

Note taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hey guys, what's going ooooooooooooh.
Well, better book some time to unpack this. Sorry for lurking during the frenzy all day.

• Locked thread