Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Wafflz posted:

Follow the steps in the OP to get a refund.

Procedure To Obtain a Refund
1. Consider selling your ships instead, you'll likely get more money.

This one. That's what I want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Star Citizen: Like shooting dead fish in a barrel

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"Star Citizen is the best spaceship simulator to date." - Crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hey, don't steal my original ideas

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dohaeris posted:

Procedure To Obtain a Refund
1. Consider selling your ships instead, you'll likely get more money.

This one. That's what I want to do.

Remember that the person that you sell them to can just turn around and do a charge back.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Truga posted:

Hey, don't steal my original ideas

$900 please :D

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Can someone post the commercial they did where the space dad drinks his space beer. It was like a lovely Ford commercial or something it was ridiculous. I tried to find it but I don't know poo poo about this game's imaginary virtual bitcoins space ships

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

No Mods No Masters posted:

Can someone post the commercial they did where the space dad drinks his space beer. It was like a lovely Ford commercial or something it was ridiculous. I tried to find it but I don't know poo poo about this game's imaginary virtual bitcoins space ships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7RxsZpcKc

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

So I'm watching the "Atari: Game over" documentary, and I have to wonder if in 20 years time there will be one for SC.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3715406/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Those comments:

quote:

i think chris has alot of drive and has a vision for the game that we all want to see, most people would not have the ambition or the balls. in a way chris has to keep on track he cant listen to negative people telling him you cant do this and you cant do that. anything is possible at least he is ambitous and the game WILL be worth all the effort its had put into it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

quote:

I hereby declare war on The Escapist.

This is a personal decision I have made due to the recent bullshit articles about Star Citizen. I'm sick and tired of journalists thinking they can get away with whatever the hell they drat well like.

I have formally given The Escapist 24 hours to take down their articles and make a formal apology.

If this does not happen, I will make it my mission to spread the truth of their idiocy by sharing our story and this link https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist in as many comment sections, forums and facebook groups, as well as repeateded emails to any contact details I can find for The Escapist.

I call upon you, the defenders of our community, our frienships, CR's reputation and our game to do the same.

This war is in no way related to CiG.

The Escapist - You have 23 hours remaining.

:ohdear:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
omg lol

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

So

when do you think we'll move from "1. Denial" to "2. Anger"

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Minorkos posted:

So

Pretty sure we're at bargaining until everyone is convinced they can't get refunds or sell on reddit.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

notacult

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

this. loving. thread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
News just in:

Sandi forcing employees to post on the forums at gunpoint:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/287233/from-backer-to-employee-at-cig

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

While I have a few ships to unload to pretty much break even, I feel I want to see what may be in store at CitizenCon before making any rush decisions.

Overall if we at least get a completed Squadron 42 which seemed to be the next big step that was actually getting worked on besides the Social and FPS module, then I would be pretty content to wait whatever more for the PU part.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Iron Tusk posted:

Remember that the person that you sell them to can just turn around and do a charge back.

While true, I've sold over $2k in ships through the grey market in the last two years and this has never happened to me.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Maybe this escapist article will be the start of an internet movement about ethics in games journalism (for being mean to corporations and messiahs)

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Minorkos posted:

So

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R2IJFCUBFs&t=4m19s

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

News just in:

Sandi forcing employees to post on the forums at gunpoint:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/287233/from-backer-to-employee-at-cig

Oh my loving god...you know, he might've been a oval office to the Peroxide Cowboy earlier this past summer with refunds, but given how he responded and processed my own (assuming I get it within those 5-10 days ofc)...I just feel so BAD for this guy.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

EdEddnEddy posted:

While I have a few ships to unload to pretty much break even, I feel I want to see what may be in store at CitizenCon before making any rush decisions.

Overall if we at least get a completed Squadron 42 which seemed to be the next big step that was actually getting worked on besides the Social and FPS module, then I would be pretty content to wait whatever more for the PU part.

Consider this- if you do unload your ships and the game is good, you can always buy back in because there's no way they are going to stop selling ships.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

O-oh my this is glorious! So very glorious!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Citizen Con is all set to go, the staff have been whipped all year until there's something to show.

9 days, 9 full days that Chris Roberts has to stew over all this.

If the stream breaks or the demo crashes some poor fucker is going to get stabbed.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah, so, people on something awful dot com are not going to talk any more poo poo about Dr. Derek Smart, clear?

The man did It. He took a poo poo on the ground in front of Chris Roberts, and Chris Roberts picked the poo poo up off the ground and ate it. Right here in front of everyone. We all saw it.

Dr Smart is here to teach, we are here to learn.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Oh god please link that poo poo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

1 Vote :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BadOptics posted:

Oh god please link that poo poo.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/287230/i-hearby-declare-war

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
This has GOT be be made into a movie. It's got everything I ever wanted. Villains, evil queen behind the throne, ambition, deceit, arrogance, rage with more to come.
I'd like some suggestions for who we can get to play the major roles. Maybe we can get Derek to play himself.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

^^^^Smart will play all the roles.

Thanks. Totally not a cult btw.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Jethro_E7 posted:

This has GOT be be made into a movie. It's got everything I ever wanted. Villains, evil queen behind the throne, ambition, deceit, arrogance, rage with more to come.
I'd like some suggestions for who we can get to play the major roles. Maybe we can get Derek to play himself.

Don't worry, CIG has you covered. Thats the 14 million dollar goal.

Professional-quality feature-length “Behind the Scenes of Star Citizen” documentary film.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Irrational Man posted:

I'm just sayin' all those data points can be explained in terms that don't implicate Sandi as being a terrible human being. But if you are predisposed to think that way (misogyny) then it seems obvious to connect the dots in such a way that it is dispositive that she is. However, that is not indicative of the true state of affairs so much as it is (indicative of) a strong bias against women. I say lets give her the benefit of the doubt.

Automatically assuming a person is blameless because they happen to be a woman is super misogynistic fyi.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
If anyone is still going to Citizen Con, please take an air horn and await your moment of glory.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In a hard hitting poll Star Citizens are more likely to be 'Unsure' than to disagree with The Escapist

However lots 'Strongly Disagree' leading statisticians to the conclusion that "Star Citizen backers are loving idiots"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Derek smart versus chris roberts is like a DBZ battle but instead of power level increasing its the word count of their line by line rebuttals of each other

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Consider this- if you do unload your ships and the game is good, you can always buy back in because there's no way they are going to stop selling ships.

True, but with my collection of original LTI ships, it wouldn't be the same.

Mainly I plan to unload a few before the game maybe possibly launched and they locked trading down. That would be where the old LTI ships would have their most value I would assume.
No rush on anything really, not like I am hurting to sell or care to buy anymore.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I was actually wondering why people still bothered with this thread so much. But the recent events are top notch entertainment.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Iron Tusk posted:

Regardless of any other truths, this is probably true.

why would gamergaters necessarily side with dsmart AGAINST cig? aren't they all pc master race TRU GAMER types?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

"" posted:

I will make it my mission to spread the truth of their idiocy by sharing our story and this link

Lmao let met C+P this horrific stream of thought rant everywhere to support my position.

• Locked thread