Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I'm so happy to be back in time to watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Ben and Alexis are asked about making posters available to fans. An obvious easy win-- great profit potential, very large art asset collections easily turned into cash. It's a NO BRAINER.

Yet they throw up their hands, claiming posters are easy to make but hard to fulfill. Maybe it's hard if you're doing it from china--- but if they'd just make and ship the stuff in a US or European shop (or both!), they'd solve that apparently impossible problem. And actually might start printing some money actually selling FINISHED GOODS for a change.

But no dice. Guess there's some reason they can't NOT use China for this. Maybe they've invested backer money in a Chinese company? There is apparently something BINDING THEM to this Chinese fulfiller-- binding them to inefficiency, delayed turn times, limited product options, mandatory pre-order windows for fans.

Ben / Alexis, it's a no brainer, mate! Just spend some of that money to set up your own shop. Why not? You might actually MAKE SOME CASH while actually DELIVERING SOME VALUE! (Or at least bloody outsource it to somebody in a country where at least SOME of your backers PHYSICALLY RESIDE.)

$90,000,000 just reached. Yay!

SANDI IS THERE.

EDIT: It's 20/15 vision. Sandi went back and CHECKED THE RECORDS SHE HAD LYING AROUND UNDER HER STACKS OF ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS AND CONFIRMED IT.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 2, 2015

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
I can't believe it, Sandi is wearing Sunglasses, obviously she doesn't want anyone to read her face

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Malleovic posted:

Not sure if this is OFN, but apparently Disco Lando, attempting to close a thread on the RSI forums relating to the Escapist article furor, mistakenly stickied it instead.

Extra lulz for his other messages in the thread cataloging his fumbling attempts to find the correct button.

When is he going to accidentally sticky the article that thoroughly owns detective reddit?

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

quote:

“Well, well, what’s his— deal? He kind of doesn’t speak very well.”

:lol:

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I do wonder how much of the delays are due to feature creep and how much is due to CR wanting everything hyper-detailed, perfect, and (according to the sources) changed every couple weeks.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
CIG announces Intern program. That's also a way to cut costs.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
hey guys who should we get to be in our video while trying to reassure our entire fanbase that we're not wasting literally millions of dollars

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

Now I've played Tie Fighter and the Star Wars flight sims, but how was Holland's "Secret Weapons" series? All I know about Secret Weapons over Normandy was that there was a cheat code to get a Tie FIghter.

Oh, Normandy was horrible, but Battle of Britain was fantastic (the manual alone was worth the game). My dad loved it - he's an ex-fighter pilot, so he has high standards. Of the Luftwaffe was a bit... gimmicky, but still lots of fun. Fly a Komet!

That Escapist article was very well done, and exactly the right tone. Clear, concise, and laying down their standards and events. Very necessary.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
And now emptiness... RtV has concluded with a forced look-how-happy-our-employees-are selfi.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

drat you Star Citizen thread. You made me overcook my potatoes.

It was true all along! Goons are horrible and ruin everything! :argh:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm loving this turn of events but I guess I gotta admit that if that Yooka-Laylee kickstarter turned out the same way I'd be in denial for a hot minute too

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Man I miss Larry Holland. I was looking on wikipedia to see what he's been up to and saw his last game was for Wii and PSP. That's the saddest poo poo imaginable.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

That is not Bill Gates. He is the only person you call Money for short.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lmao

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

sorla78 posted:

CIG announces Intern program. That's also a way to cut costs.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
so just to be perfectly clear

this is the first time anyone's seen that guy?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Tarranon posted:

Did they say who he is and why he is on the panel?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Malleovic posted:

Not sure if this is OFN, but apparently Disco Lando, attempting to close a thread on the RSI forums relating to the Escapist article furor, mistakenly stickied it instead.

Extra lulz for his other messages in the thread cataloging his fumbling attempts to find the correct button.

Another in the fine series of LOL LANDO fuckups.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

No I saw him in an overhead picture of the RTV set (with the poster remodel)someone posted here, I think he was holding a boom mic.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

:homebrew::whatup::homebrew:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
I just have this feeling that either Chris R or Sandra R might crack on stage during their Citizencon presentation. You know just like in them movies, something will go wrong, he tries way too hard, he will rage on and curse like a loving seaman and insult the backers live on stream.

Can't we crowdfund a trip for Derek Smart to Manchester - let's smuggle him in and see them clash against each other - live.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tarranon posted:

No, he tends to wander in and out, he's in the background of a lot of the RtV's. He's the video editor.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I do wonder how much of the delays are due to feature creep and how much is due to CR wanting everything hyper-detailed, perfect, and (according to the sources) changed every couple weeks.

I think the artist letter makes it pretty clear that they never release anything because of the second part there- The whole "GOTTA HAVE 4k textured boots" and also re-do them 5 times until I am happy vs leaving it at good enough.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You'd think the reddit gumshoes would learn to stfu after the whole boston bomber thing. Not opening your dumbass mouth is a good way to not get owned repeatedly.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

sorla78 posted:

I just have this feeling that either Chris R or Sandra R might crack on stage during their Citizencon presentation. You know just like in them movies, something will go wrong, he tries way too hard, he will rage on and curse like a loving seaman and insult the backers live on stream.

Can't we crowdfund a trip for Derek Smart to Manchester - let's smuggle him in and see them clash against each other - live.

And then once he runs out of steam a lone air horn sounds. Fin

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Tarranon posted:

Second time (Edit: that I noticed him), he was on last week already - but the glassdoor reviews feat. the racism part was live by then as well (I think) - he is the editor for ATV (something Lando did before) so make your own mind up if his hire was necessary or not ;)

Edit2: Can someone ID Sandi's shades? Must be expensive and I am sure backers paid for it.

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 2, 2015

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

wait are they trying to make the joke "we made lots of money and we wasted it he he". is that an attempt at irony????????? that's really really sad.
they totally have only $8mil left lol

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Could be a coded cry for help saying "Follow the money"

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Woe to anyone who actually interns at CIG without intentions to do an anonymous tell-all.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED

10/10 would like to see in OP

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

sorla78 posted:

Move over #black lives matter, here's an instance of someone of color yelling at a white dude on stage that we can ALL be happy about

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
What's the best thing for a person to yell out during CitCon?

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

thatguy posted:

show us the money

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

If you ran a $90,000,000 crowd funded project, and you were doing well, would you ask everyone for $900 more dollars every two weeks?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I, too, have now been accused of being Derek Smart.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

thatguy posted:

nothing you can say you would be as good as bringing an airhorn and using it to comedic effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

this is insanity lol

• Locked thread