Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Zmej posted:

this is insanity lol

We just hit $90,000,000 guys, thanks so much, it wouldn't be possible without you, now if you could all just give us $900 more each, we only need about $900,000,000 more to complete the game, c'mon guys, c'mon I know you have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Truga posted:

Yeah, honestly the x-wing/tie fighter series are better.
The combat was better in a mechanical sense, but was kind of dry. The only game to replicate the utter chaos that I remember from WC was Freespace 2. It's probably not a coincidence that they both had capital ships with big fuckoff weapons and there was a minimum safe distance when they exploded.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The article posted:

We do plan on taking Chris Roberts up on his offer to tour the various CIG studios and talk to current employees about the development of Star Citizen. We will be setting that up soon.
Why does this seem like that tour will be preempted by a meeting/email saying something like "IF YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT US YOU WILL BE KILLED?"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

thatguy posted:

What's the best thing for a person to yell out during CitCon?

Probably doing a live re-enactment of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5KTVA_2ys

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

No-one has said here yet that 'all publicity is good publicity'. I wonder if crowdfunding is an exception to the rule.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This gif alone was worth the 90 million

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

sorla78 posted:

I can't believe it, Sandi is wearing Sunglasses, obviously she doesn't want anyone to read her face

Because she's been popping pills and drinking margaritas all morning.

also from the escapist article:

quote:

We do plan on taking Chris Roberts up on his offer to tour the various CIG studios and talk to current employees about the development of Star Citizen. We will be setting that up soon.

I can't wait.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Spaced God posted:

Why does this seem like that tour will be preempted by a meeting/email saying something like "IF YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT US YOU WILL BE KILLED?"

This has already happened and it's on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Furious Mittens posted:

This has already happened and it's on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4

I think you meant to link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgelmcOdS38

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Spaced God posted:

Can't wait for Space Hanoi Jane.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SirTagz posted:

No-one has said here yet that 'all publicity is good publicity'. I wonder if crowdfunding is an exception to the rule.

Everything is an exception to that rule, it's just what idiots say when they realize they're out of excuses.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

sorla78 posted:

- They are going to sell a totally unknown ship at Citizencon. (unfortunately no elephants were adresssed, but watching it causes a lot of pain - we are deep into cringe)

im going to assume that this will be a literal mystery ship. just a jpeg with a question mark for like 500 dollars. details will be decided later

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

redwalrus posted:

We just hit $90,000,000 guys, thanks so much, it wouldn't be possible without you, now if you could all just give us $900 more each, we only need about $900,000,000 more to complete the game, c'mon guys, c'mon I know you have it.
you know that moment when you're watching something funny and you're laughing along, then something really weird happens. suddenly you realize how it's actually just awful and then it stops being funny immediately. next comes a wave of sickness because of the guilt? yea that's how I feel right now.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
What we need is to engineer a cage match between Croberts, Smart, and Uwe Boll. At that moment, humanity will ascend to a new level and abandon our earthly bodies.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

It's all over, Derek Smart has the upper hand, he's in complete control of the situation. :psyduck:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
if you are considering an air-horn but don't really get when to use it because you haven't seen the video, please watch it now for instructions. It is somehow even more hilarious in light of recent events than it was when it was made.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Zmej posted:

you know that moment when you're watching something funny and you're laughing along, then something really weird happens. suddenly you realize how it's actually just awful and then it stops being funny immediately. next comes a wave of sickness because of the guilt? yea that's how I feel right now.

I too felt this yesterday. I still can't pry myself away though. Also CR and CO should probably feel this too somewhere down the line but way worse.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

quote:

Everyone needs to calm down- there is a simple explanation for everything that has happened.

Clearly it's all a vast conspiracy. The 2 current and 6 former employees all agreed ahead of time to stay in contact with one another, and to spread one single story throughout multiple interviews, emails and (obviously fake) video recordings to many different outlets including the Escapist, TenTonHammer, Glassdoor and Derek Smart over the course of several months. They picked Sandi, pure blameless noble Sandi, as their villain and scapegoat because as we all know gamers hate women and would more easily believe it.

When Derek Smart broke rumors that Sandi fired a bunch of people and more walked out, that was just coincidence and her showing up on camera with vocal chords wrecked the next day was just because she was sick. The fact that every one of those people has now been confirmed gone is also just coincidence- they just found really good job opportunities elsewhere, all at exactly the same time! And this week Sandi's just out of the office!

And Chris Roberts' response to the allegations was an impassioned plea from an entirely reasonable man who just wants to make a game. The revelation that he and Sandi are married and that they are suppressing discussion of that in any channel they remotely control is just the normal kind of step that a man takes to protect the privacy of his wife, who hosts a weekly show and is the head of marketing for the game he is producing!

The many many people fired from Austin is just a restructuring. The departure of multiple executive producers in the last three months was also a restructuring. The future departure of more people will also continue to always be entirely reasonable restructuring.

Turbulent thanking CIG for funding their crowdfunding software platform was just miscommunication. Really CIG made money on that software platform! That's why Turbulent has spent so much time not building the org management tools or the star map or any of the other poo poo that was supposed to be done by now.

Pictures of Sandi hosting script-readings in the CIG offices is just a fun little side project HAHAHA!

EVERYTHING CAN BE EXPLAINED I'M GOING TO BUY MORE SHIPS AT YOU

Never change, Derek.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

How do you buy more ships “at” someone? :psyduck:

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still laughing about CIG, Sandi, and Lesnick trotting out the one black dude that works in their office to sit in the background of their broadcast. It was so predictable.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I love this :lol:

Clownshoes Incorporated Gaming

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I love this :lol:

Clownshoes Incorporated Gaming

you guys know he didnt accidentally sticky it, right

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Furious Mittens posted:

I'm still laughing about CIG, Sandi, and Lesnick trotting out the one black dude that works in their office to sit in the background of their broadcast. It was so predictable.
He's actually been a regular on Reverse the Verse - at least for the past couple months. And seems like a pretty enthusiastic employee.

I suspect his job is about as protected as they get in the unsafe confines of Santa Monica, now that the allegations of racist hiring practices are hanging over their heads.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

you guys know he didnt accidentally sticky it, right

Nope, let's make history!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I would like to thank the Escapist for making the Endeavor Telescope and Landing pAD pledges easier today. Whoever paid for that trash article with Glassdoor sources is so afraid of this succeeding may have helped put SC over $90,000,000.

Thanks agaiin! Every nasty article just proves our point that much more. The big publishers are running scared. Way to go, Chris!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
it's just so hard to communicate with people in this thread. everyone tends to act like they were above whatever embarrassment SC brings out all along. You all wanted refunds all along. You all knew no game was coming out all along. You all made money selling ships.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

He's actually been a regular on Reverse the Verse - at least for the past couple months. And seems like a pretty enthusiastic employee.

I suspect his job is about as protected as they get in the unsafe confines of Santa Monica, now that the allegations of racist hiring practices are hanging over their heads.

Yeah, nothing against the dude at all, it's just funny how they made sure he was there today after everything hit the news.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
we need a :cigmoney:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Madcosby posted:

it's just so hard to communicate with people in this thread. everyone tends to act like they were above whatever embarrassment SC brings out all along. You all wanted refunds all along. You all knew no game was coming out all along. You all made money selling ships.

what would you like to communicate.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

redwalrus posted:

Perfect

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Madcosby posted:

they're the ones invested enough to actually spend time looking at this stuff so they can post the juicy bits here

if we shamed them all away the only ones left would be members of space court and a few random weirdos

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

That tour of CIG is going to be like when the District muckety-mucks would tour the chain restaurant where I was waiting tables. For that week the sewage would mysteriously not back up and flow into the dining area, kitchen and dish was staffed like it should have been, and management would be slightly less coked-out.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what would you like to communicate.

That more of you need to admit that you were bamboozled, understand now that SC was a scam, that all the jpgs, con events and "development" are just designed to extract more money, and that maintaining any financial tie with SC shows a lack of understanding, even having one ship "just in case".

when I first posted in this thread everyone told me I was preaching to the choir. Then after the escapist article some goons came out and said they finally want out. You need to persuade the rest to get out of this by being honest about being taken for a ride

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The third email I got today:

Patrick Probst (Cloud Imperium Games) posted:

Oct 2, 12:30

Greetings, most patient backers!

Just another quickie mail to assure you that you are not forgotten.

We make a point of answering every single ticket. Always.

This current period is seeing a very high number of support requests and we're doing out best to get around to yours as quickly as we can.

I appreciate that some of you have already been waiting a very long time and I want to thank you so much for all the understanding and patience you have already shown us!

Thanks!

Regards
Patrick

Customer Service Manager & Lead Moderator
Cloud Imperium Games
I'm important!
:v:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I wasn't bamboozled, never bought into star citizen because the entire idea behind the kickstarter was pretty atrocious to me.

This entire thing, though :munch:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

redwalrus posted:

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

thatguy posted:

What's the best thing for a person to yell out during CitCon?

"This is why you don't use Cryengine!" and "Cryengine sucks!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJZbPI5nKE&t=311s

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wonder how this man is feeling about his purchase:

http://imgur.com/a/HFnjW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee