Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

don't look at me like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

The Adorning Gem is just The Diamond- we saw the Grand Duchess in question lose her head in the diamond heist trailer.

Or it could be The Diamond Heist from PD1 and we're going to have a really confusing selection now that Metal brought it up. I just want to steal something on the high seas.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If they DO bring back the old heists..think that means they'll redo No Mercy?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So I made a mod:

Features the following on Overkill difficulty:
  • GenSec Elites and Skulldozers
  • DW spawn tables* and assault waves
  • Elites have their DW health (but use OVK damage values)
Everyone in the group must have the mod installed because otherwise anyone who doesn't have it installed will see (and be able to kill) the Greys at 130hp instead of 240hp. Also all Murkywater enemies will also have their DW health because they are literally just reskins of the greys. If you want the changes to assault waves and spawn tables, but are playing with someone who doesn't want to install mods, use the No Grey Changes version for consistency between host and client. Note that with the No Grey Changes version only the host needs the mod.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8yja44xbq64z3jd/OVKGenSec_v1.1.zip
No Grey Changes: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e7nus6pncwqqkia/OVKGenSec_v1.1g.zip

Make sure to report any hilarious and stupid bugs that cause the game to poo poo itself so that I can maybe hopefully fix them.

*The only change to the spawn tables I've made is adding Green Dozers. By default on DW only Saiga and Skulldozers will spawn. This mod will make it so all three varieties will spawn on OVK. DW should not be affected.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Insert name here posted:

So I made a mod:

can confirm that this mod both works and is a hell of a lot of fun. It's a really nice step up from Overkill difficulty; you should all try it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BillmasterCozb posted:

If they DO bring back the old heists..think that means they'll redo No Mercy?

If Valve and Turtle Rock say they're cool with it again I imagine they would do it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
PSA regarding the current challenges:

Get to Cooking:
This counts completions of Day 1 Rats and Hotline Miami Day 1 ONLY. Dockyard isn't counted (presumably because the odds are low), and Cook Off is supposed to count, but is improperly implemented.
Bottom Line: Cook Off does not count. You do not need to actually cook meth to make progress.
You do not need to actually cook meth or complete the whole heist. It appears that you get one count for progress with for each player. A four man team is worth four completions.
Yes, this means the fastest route is repeatedly blowing the lab on Rats day one. I know. The more things change....

A Hundred Different Ways:
Counts Hector kills- completing the heist isn't necessary. This challenge actually counts the kill itself. This is why it's progressing so slowly- you only get one count for progress on each run, for whomever kills Hector.

It seems like the fastest approach to grinding this challenge (and it regrettably will need grinding) is to actually have a decent team that can stealth the heist quickly, then restart as soon as Hector dies.

Jacket Up:
Both bats work. Any group of criminals counts: bikers, Mendozas, Cobras, Russians (both flavors), even the Commisar. Hector and Murkywater enemies do not count.

Crabtree posted:

Or it could be The Diamond Heist from PD1 and we're going to have a really confusing selection now that Metal brought it up. I just want to steal something on the high seas.

A yacht heist would be cool, but it's probably not in the cards. The flavor text around the Gem is very definitely w/r/t the Diamond- and it's a confirmation that a really, really old (like, around launch) secret hint from Almir was about the diamond.

Insert name here posted:

So I made a mod:
Features the following on Overkill difficulty:
  • GenSec Elites and Skulldozers
  • DW spawn tables* and assault waves
  • Elites have their DW health (but use OVK damage values)
*The only change to the spawn tables I've made is adding Green Dozers. By default on DW only Saiga and Skulldozers will spawn. This mod will make it so all three varieties will spawn on OVK. DW should not be affected.

Psion posted:

can confirm that this mod both works and is a hell of a lot of fun. It's a really nice step up from Overkill difficulty; you should all try it.

:unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::black101::black101::black101:At long last, I have been given flesh and form-soon my true nature will be revealed:black101::black101::black101::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 3, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Please don't insult me I only wanted to kill Contractor scum without having to play DW thanks

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Does this go to the BLT or mod_overrides?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BillmasterCozb posted:

Does this go to the BLT or mod_overrides?

It's BLT, so /mods/

Insert name here posted:

Please don't insult me I only wanted to kill Contractor scum without having to play DW thanks

can you set the initial heist screen where it flashes the difficulty to read "proverkill" or "Overkill 144" or something?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

PSA regarding the current challenges:

Jacket Up:
Both bats work. Any group of criminals counts: bikers, Mendozas, Cobras, Russians (both flavors), even the Commisar. Hector and Murkywater enemies do not count.

Do you have to beat the heist or can you kill crooks and restart? Grinding Big Oil day 1 or FS day 1 would be super quick then.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
To be more serious, setting this up in the interface as an additional difficulty would probably make it easier to stabilize/popularize, to the extent that that's possible.

clockworkjoe posted:

Do you have to beat the heist or can you kill crooks and restart? Grinding Big Oil day 1 or FS day 1 would be super quick then.

You can restart. The main obstacle is that, well, it's a million kills.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Psion posted:

It's BLT, so /mods/

can you set the initial heist screen where it flashes the difficulty to read "proverkill" or "Overkill 144" or something?

Deathwish Lite. The diet Deathwish. Just one calorie, not Deathwish enough.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skunkrocker posted:

Deathwish Lite. The diet Deathwish. Just one calorie, not Deathwish enough.

Deathwish.

Near Deathwish

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Deathwish.

Near Deathwish

Deathwish-ish

e: poo poo, that's kinda what you did. I'm tired.

Clutchy D
Jan 7, 2004

SCOOP-DA!

Allen Wren posted:

Deathwish-ish

e: poo poo, that's kinda what you did. I'm tired.

Deathswish?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I can't believe it's not deathwish

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Deathwishy-washy

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Our Weeklong Nightmare is over. We have hit 100,000 Meltdowns.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Killwish

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Difficulty for bads who can't handle deathwish proper

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
When using goonmod, my mate is missing some of the stuff in the options menu (chiefly the waypoint keybinds) has he hosed up the install somehow or does it just know he's not a goon and is giving him the pubbie options only? :v:

watho posted:

Difficulty for bads who can't handle deathwish proper
Where do I sign up?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Pilchenstein posted:

When using goonmod, my mate is missing some of the stuff in the options menu (chiefly the waypoint keybinds) has he hosed up the install somehow or does it just know he's not a goon and is giving him the pubbie options only? :v:

Where do I sign up?

There's no user-checking fuckery in goonmod, just check that he's looking under the Custom Waypoints menu in GoonMod Options rather than the games edit keys one

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Hey Wilko, have you updated the weapon customization stuff for the newer weapons? I can't find a newer version of it that lets me customize anything from at least the ninja pack onwards.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Wilko posted:

There's no user-checking fuckery in goonmod, just check that he's looking under the Custom Waypoints menu in GoonMod Options rather than the games edit keys one
Yeah, I was joking about that. The issue is that he doesn't have the "Custom Waypoints" menu goonmod's options (something else was missing too I think) and I have no idea why.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So there are apparently pubs that don't know or care about crimefest challenges and that makes the progress on Hoxton Breakout even more sad. Currently I cannot tell if the dodge build gunners shooting up gangsters in Rats or Hotline are trolling intentionally or just ignorant.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I played a lot of games where I was the only one using the bottle

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, I was joking about that. The issue is that he doesn't have the "Custom Waypoints" menu goonmod's options (something else was missing too I think) and I have no idea why.

So, what doesn't appear? This?

or this?

Make sure he restarts the game after enabling the GoonMod features he wants.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 3, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BillmasterCozb posted:

Is there any way to get a sound to play when you mask up during stealth? If so, I really want this sound to play.

Just requoting this, because this would be a great mod

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Cheeto posted:

So, what doesn't appear? This?

or this?

Make sure he restarts the game after enabling the GoonMod features he wants.
He hadn't enabled it in the first menu there. He has a degree in computing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
The Meltdown reward was the Pegasus Boots, referred to as "boosting boots". The description suggests it's some kind of cosmetic reward, but it's hard to exactly tell. I think it's more likely to be another crimefest XP doubling.

edit: HoxBreak's also done, no reward yet. Hopefully folks will redouble gangbattery and revenging.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 3, 2015

Overweight Shark
Mar 18, 2009

Crabtree posted:

So there are apparently pubs that don't know or care about crimefest challenges and that makes the progress on Hoxton Breakout even more sad. Currently I cannot tell if the dodge build gunners shooting up gangsters in Rats or Hotline are trolling intentionally or just ignorant.

It's not very well advertised. There's not even a steam sale going on yet.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Pilchenstein posted:

He hadn't enabled it in the first menu there. He has a degree in computing.

Being smart doesn't prevent you from being an idiot. It's why you always check to see if the cables are plugged in.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

pussy riot police posted:

Being smart doesn't prevent you from being an idiot. It's why you always check to see if the cables are plugged in.

Nah man, having a degree means you can never have a dumb moment ever! Its common sense you know.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Crabtree posted:

Hoxton Breakout has been one of the most consistently played pub heists, presumably because of the giant XP/money payout at the end.

pussy riot police posted:

Also computing has nothjing to do with being able to navigate other peoples' UIs.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I have a degree in punching things, yet i can't box a dozer for poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
The new item for HoxBreak was "Balanced Scales". The caption was "1 bullet in 500 has to hit". The video caption was "balances equal weights".

I...am not sure what it means.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The hint for the Hoxton Breakout challenge is Balanced Scales! "Balances equal weights" and "1 bullet in 500 has to hit".

I think it's some kind of rebalance, but I'm not sure what to make of the "1 bullet in 500" hint. Maybe a rebalance of LMGs?

edit:

Tempest_56 posted:

Weapon rebalance. True 40 is dead, long live True 39.
lmao

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

The new item for HoxBreak was "Balanced Scales". The caption was "1 bullet in 500 has to hit". The video caption was "balances equal weights".

I...am not sure what it means.

Weapon rebalance. True 40 is dead, long live True 39.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

I have a degree in punching things, yet i can't box a dozer for poo poo.

I make contact lenses for a living, but I still can't see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

• Locked thread