Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Yes! gently caress off Scotland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So if SA wins, Japan is out?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Duro posted:

If Scotland lose to Samoa, Japan can still go through with a win over USA

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Duro posted:

Not necessarily, they could qualify if Scotland lose to Samoa and Japan beat the USA

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Duro posted:

Not necessarily I think, if Scotland lose to Samoa (unlikely) and Japan beat USA (likely) they can still slip in.

Edit: beaten soundly

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Is there any way Japan can make it through with an SA victory? I assume it's better for them if Scotland get no bonuses

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Scotland got enough bonus points already for it not to matter. Japan need to win, they need to lose.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Bonus points confuse me - do they kick in if two teams have an equal number of wins/losses or can they still somehow make a team qualify even if they've lost more games?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Anywho gently caress that match, time to head out in London and switch my nationality between NZ/Aus depending on how angry and large the English people surrounding me are

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

el dingo posted:

Bonus points confuse me - do they kick in if two teams have an equal number of wins/losses or can they still somehow make a team qualify even if they've lost more games?
They're added to the running total for the group, so yeah, a team can still qualify even if they've lost more games.
E.g. win two games with try bonus points, lose two games with try+losing bonus points gives you a total of 14. Another team in your group can win 3 without bonus points and only have 12 points, so you qualify ahead of them.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Well I'm slightly drunk and disillusioned and likely to fall asleep before the conclusion of the next game. Go Fuckstralia.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I was disappointed in Scotlands performance today but hopefully we should have enough to go past Samoa. Especially if Finn Russel is back

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

At least this way we avoid new Zealand in the semis.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?
Some absolute howlers from the referee and TMO today.

First try was a triple movement followed by a forward pass in-goal.

SA were tackling the lifters at every lineout, until they were told off. Strauss and Denton almost landed on their heads a couple of times. Then they went on to collapse every driving maul.

The SA winger jumped up and nearly took off Duncan Weir's head just before the Scotland try.

Same man then lifts up Swinson and tips him, then lets him go, so he lands on his head.

De Jäger presumably knows that he is 6' 9" tall, so he needs to not tackle everyone around the neck, just because he is real tall.

Burger was generally rolling around on the wrong side and holding on to the scrum half at the breakdown.

Of course, during this, the TMO had taken a monastic vow of silence, only to be broken if Scotland throw a flat pass in midfield, or have a bootlace untied.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Go Australia, he whispered, feeling dirty

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Does Miles Harrison make this poo poo up off the top of his head or is he reading off a prompter?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Does anyone have a link to anything that isn't an ITV stream? I'll literally take a commentary full of cat noises and vuvuzelas over this :{

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Just mute the telly?

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I usually like to laugh at England's misfortune, but since they are the hosts I kind of feel bad

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Good start Ben, well thought out that :(

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Controversially I want England to win this one.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
England going full Scotland here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HappyCamperGL posted:

Just mute the telly?

Put "Swing Low" on loop on an mp3 player and you've captured the experience of being there live!

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I've arrived at a pub at 8am and I've ordered a breakfast of anguish and salty tears

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tyma posted:

Does anyone have a link to anything that isn't an ITV stream? I'll literally take a commentary full of cat noises and vuvuzelas over this :{
http://www.tv3.ie/3player

Not sure if it's Geoblocked. Also it may be worse than ITV, idk.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

NZAmoeba posted:

I've arrived at a pub at 8am and I've ordered a breakfast of delicious fried anguish and salty tears

same

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mike Brown is having a shocker so far

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Watching the Aus v England game an MD I really wish it was possible for both team ms to lose. Can't decide which team I hate more.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

Watching the Aus v England game an MD I really wish it was possible for both team ms to lose. Can't decide which team I hate more.

Ah, the classic "a chasm swallows the pitch and every player on it" option. Las Vegas should add that option on its betting odds, maybe it would have a chance of coming true

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Lovely try

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wonder if the guys who spent 10k on scalped tickets are having second thoughts yet.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

English commentators are so loving funny.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sexy

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Duro posted:

Ah, the classic "a chasm swallows the pitch and every player on it" option. Las Vegas should add that option on its betting odds, maybe it would have a chance of coming true

More like both teams play like poo poo and the referee had no choice but to cancel the game to try preserve some dignity for the sport. And England and Australia are banned from playing rugby forever.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

irlZaphod posted:

http://www.tv3.ie/3player

Not sure if it's Geoblocked. Also it may be worse than ITV, idk.

The pundits are poo poo but the actual commentary is fine.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Wow what a try

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lol England

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I hope England gets knocked out, actually UK in general. come at me haters

e; looking good

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Bring back Quade Cooper imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Jolly good.