Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
voting Ramirez as the only candidate in lucha is not fine when it's an effective vote against everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If the Observer Hall of Fame is supposed to include MMA (is it? or are they separate, shows what I know) I don't really see how you can't put Brock in. He was a top guy in real wrestling, MMA, and fake wrestling. I can't say I know enough about lucha to judge the other part, but at least on the face of it that doesn't seem an insane ballot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The newsletter covers MMA, but the HOF doesn't include it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
That may change one day. Isn't Sakuraba in, partially based on his fights in Pride?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Dave has said it's up to voters whether they include MMA or not which is a stupid attitude but hey

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

mariooncrack posted:

That may change one day. Isn't Sakuraba in, partially based on his fights in Pride?

He is. Masakatsu Funaki is also in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I honestly don't know that much about MMA history, but wasn't there a really thin line between stuff like Pancrase and shootstyle at that point? Which is sort of why the Newsletter ended up covering MMA?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

He is. Masakatsu Funaki is also in.

If they're both in there's absolutely no reason Brock shouldn't be. I mean if Sakuraba managed to get enough votes with presumably the large amount of older, purely wretling-oriented voters I wouldn't think Brock would have a problem

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Saying "X should be in because Y is in" is an extremely slippery slope when you look at some of the guys that are in there

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Spermgod posted:

Saying "X should be in because Y is in" is an extremely slippery slope when you look at some of the guys that are in there

I once asked SAS to make arguments for mediocre 90's Seattle Mariners along those lines, and they came up with some amazing bullshit.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've always been a Big Hall guy so Brock would be an easy vote for me if I had a vote

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jack Anderson posted:

Once read a fanfic where John Morrison was a zombie slayer. No weird fetishes, just JoMo splitting heads open while insulting Carlito and Primo.

That sounds like the next season of Lucha Underground.

And it feels so good to not have to put (hypothetical) in front of next season anymore :allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shine posted:

I once asked SAS to make arguments for mediocre 90's Seattle Mariners along those lines, and they came up with some amazing bullshit.

this was a fantastic thread, real talk

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Karl's lucha category is even more ridiculous considering how big of a fan he's considered himself of old school lucha. How Los Misoneros miss his ballot makes no sense.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Is this a leaked script of Lucha Underground Season 2

Mundo/Muertes title feud confirmed.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Since we don't have an awesome opinions that totally need to be a thing right goddamn now thread I'm gonna post this here instead.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A New Day movie sounds great imo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
New Day Visits Hemwick Charnel Lane

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A new Terminator film starring Scott Steiner.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cranksaro

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The time has never been better for a Cannonball Run remake.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

super macho dude posted:

A New Day movie sounds great imo.

Just have New Day travelling through time and having fun

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CobiWann posted:

The time has never been better for a Cool Runnings remake.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

I am 100% on board with Cesaro being the WWE Films version of Jason Statham.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if they make silly new day movies they have to treat all of the plotlines as canon

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Big Poppa Pumpinator

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MotU posted:

if they make silly new day movies they have to treat all of the plotlines as canon

I smell a Surf Ninjas reboot

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

I smell a Surf Ninjas reboot

Oh my God I am so sad this will never be real

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh my God I am so sad this will never be real

why do you want to give Rob Schneider more work

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ayn rand hand job posted:

why do you want to give Rob Schneider more work

Xavier Woods as Rob Schneider
Big E as Ernie Reyes, Jr.
Kofi as Ernie Reyes, Sr.
The Trombone as Tone Loc

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I want a comedy about Enzo and Big Cass buying and fixing up a struggling night club.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

I want a comedy about Enzo and Big Cass buying and fixing up a struggling night club.

I smell A Night At The Roxbury reboot.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I had to read that four times before it stopped saying "strip club." Not sure which I like better, now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I actually don't know anything about TNA's match quality the past few years since it's so overshadowed by everything else but I'm going to assume a match with Lashley and Bobby Roode wasn't anywhere close to a 4+ star match in any universe

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

I actually don't know anything about TNA's match quality the past few years since it's so overshadowed by everything else but I'm going to assume a match with Lashley and Bobby Roode wasn't anywhere close to a 4+ star match in any universe

According to profightdb Lashley/Roode's past matches have been in the 3.5-3.75 range. Had the BFG match been in front of a crowd that cared then I could see it getting 4 stars. As it stood it ended up being the one match on the show that was better than 'ok' and also the one match that didn't feel like it went 4 minutes too long.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

According to profightdb Lashley/Roode's past matches have been in the 3.5-3.75 range. Had the BFG match been in front of a crowd that cared then I could see it getting 4 stars. As it stood it ended up being the one match on the show that was better than 'ok' and also the one match that didn't feel like it went 4 minutes too long.

Yeah I just read Meltzer's reveiw of it which I'm surprised he bothered to do and he seemed pretty high on it as well. Rest of the matches not so much aside from the Wolves tag. The Angle-Young match and Gauntlet thing sounded like prime Russo poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Apparently Gail carried Kong to a decent match which isn't an easy thing to do with 2015 Kong

I didn't watch the show but from everything I heard it was more boring than bad, so I probably won't bother

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Apparently Gail carried Kong to a decent match which isn't an easy thing to do with 2015 Kong

I didn't watch the show but from everything I heard it was more boring than bad, so I probably won't bother

It was the best match you could get out of 2015 Kong. In that sense it was good, but it was not a good match to watch. Especiall when there is a spot where Kong goes outside, and starts to grab chairs and starts throwing them into a pile. She walks to get one next to where Robert Irvine (Gail's husband) is sitting in the front row and he grabs it and won't let go because he realizes "Hey you're going to use this on my wife! No!" and then Earl Hebner starts arguing with him as Kong gives Fail an implant driver onto the other chairs.

The only 2 good matches on the card were probably the Ultimate X match which was nothing but spots, and the Tag Title match, which in some regards had some really stupid overly planned spots (superkicking a guy that's helping his partner up, so one partner gives the other a DDT). Stupid, but a decent palate cleansr after the Gauntlet for Gold.

Lashley vs Roode was a nice technical match that no one gave any shits about because it was face vs face and no one worked heel.

Eric Young lost a match that was stopped for medical reasons 10 minutes before.

The Main Event had one of the most retarded finishes I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Cesaro as the Doom Marine since he can legit carry an entire arsenal into hell and fight cyberdemons.