Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
The buu saga might actually be the one that had the most creative use of powers instead of just punch punch ki blast

Daburas spit. Vegetas s&m rings, Gotenks creative attacks. The Vegito vs Buuhan fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even if killing Kid Buu ultimately amounted to just Goku throwing the Spirit Bomb, it still took quite a bit of clever strategizing from Vegeta (Traits from him we hadn't seen since his pre-Frieza battle days on Namek) to ultimately set it up as well as Hercule helping in a neat way.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darko posted:

First androids could power suck and couldn't be sensed. Their fights were about them sucking out people's energy.
17/18 weren't really antagonists.
Cell's gimmick was having everyone else's gimmick.
Darbura turned people into stone.
Buu was made of immediately healing putty, could turn people into candy, could throw pieces of himself all over the place and absorb people, had multiple different versions.

The villains post Freeza had more variety in Z than in Dragon Ball.

They had gimmicks, but ultimately were defeated by the protagonists just becoming way more powerful than them. Like, Cell can use Piccolo's regeneration so the solution was to just be so ridiculously powerful that you can totally vaporize him. Same with Buu's regeneration.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gohan finally going SSJ2 and wrecking cell, twice, is better than anything in Dragonball

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Amorphous Blob posted:

How could I have forgotten Buu, the living gimmick?

In my defense that's the saga I know the least.

E; cell is my favorite gimmick until he turns into strongest man

You know what would have made Cell even more dangerous? At least in his sneaky first form.

Puar's gimmick. Shapeshift into anyone, anything for an unlimited amount of time.

Cell could be a rock. Cell could be a Goku. Cell could be a Goku rock. Cell could be a Super Goku rock Super Goku. And you'd never know. :tinfoil:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah I'm reading Dragonball for the first time, and Puar was able to turn into flying scissors and cut off Goku's tail in Ozaru form. With someone stronger, that power would be insane.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What's really nuts is that Puar and Oolong went to a school to learn that skill.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Nessus posted:

What's really nuts is that Puar and Oolong went to a school to learn that skill.

Missed opportunity to never have that school show up in any media ever.

23k views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEZlcdLTszk

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Goku was a dick for not teaching anyone else Instant Transmission. Someone even asks "hey that's a neat trick can you teach it to us Goku" and he goes "haha nope, don't wanna!" What an rear end in a top hat.

Zzulu posted:

Gohan finally going SSJ2 and wrecking cell, twice, is better than anything in Dragonball

I dunno, I like the part where Goku is fighting Krillin and Krillin blinds Goku by reflecting the sun off of his head.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 4, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhsK0loQAIw

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Amorphous Blob posted:

Missed opportunity to never have that school show up in any media ever.

Not quite! Actually showed up in one of the games.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Southern_Transformation_Kindergarten

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In this new episode of Dragonball Super, Mr. Satan continues to prove why he is the best.

:allears:

Also the animation in this episode is pretty great at times. Feels weird to see.
ED2 is also quite nice.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 4, 2015

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Ytlaya posted:

Goku was a dick for not teaching anyone else Instant Transmission. Someone even asks "hey that's a neat trick can you teach it to us Goku" and he goes "haha nope, don't wanna!" What an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah he's a bad dad too :lol::lol::lol::lol:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Every Mr. Satan scene in this episode was gold. I can't help but respect a man whose first instinct upon knowing everyone and everything will be destroyed is to do everything in his power to protect his daughter and unborn granddaughter, the only family he has. Also trying to bribe Whis with food was genius. His love saved us all.

Mr. Satan, champion of the universe.

Gohan suddenly getting energy out of nowhere after saying that he couldn't even fly before only to shield Videl even when he probably fully knew it was pointless was great too. As was Piccolo just silently, calmly accepting death.

In short, can we focus on that particular eyecatch? It has the best characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm playing catch-up on the last 4 episodes - how exactly is Vegeta even keeping up with this fight? God Ki can't be sensed, unless he tapped into something during Goku's transformation and he's just keeping his mouth shut about it.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

New Leaf posted:

I'm playing catch-up on the last 4 episodes - how exactly is Vegeta even keeping up with this fight? God Ki can't be sensed, unless he tapped into something during Goku's transformation and he's just keeping his mouth shut about it.

They seem to keep forgetting the "can't sense God ki" angle. Dende could sense it from the get go and the other z-fighters are all following what's going on just fine and even comment that they sense how strong Goku has gotten since attaining God ki. They've mentioned that it's not supposed to be able to be sensed, but then in the same episode someone will make a comment about how huge Beerus' or Goku's ki is.

In other words it's Toei, in true Toei fashion, not bothering to be consistent.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Esroc posted:

They seem to keep forgetting the "can't sense God ki" angle. Dende could sense it from the get go and the other z-fighters are all following what's going on just fine and even comment that they sense how strong Goku has gotten since attaining God ki. They've mentioned that it's not supposed to be able to be sensed, but then in the same episode someone will make a comment about how huge Beerus' or Goku's ki is.

i don't think vegeta can sense their ki (which is why whis offered to let him see). i think vegeta's just trying to recover his pride by developing the power to sense god ki

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Esroc posted:

I don't think that's true. The only time I remember it being commented on was Gohan saying he thinks his dad is even stronger than Beerus when Beerus was just toying with Goku.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Esroc posted:

Dende makes sense at least, in that he's also a god, vague and nebulous as that is in dragonball. Though I guess on the anime's side of things, 'nullifying the enemy's energy' is going to have become more of a thing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Piccolo might be able to sense God ki because of Kami.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

New Leaf posted:

He's got REALLY good eyes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pyroi posted:

He's got REALLY good eyes.

He trains them in 150x gravity. Eye ups.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Whis and Satan stole the episode today. As was Piccolo challenging fate

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

He can't. Whis saw he couldn't keep up, offered to give him a little window to actually see it, and Vegeta refused, to try and attempt to see it himself. He probably just sees the sky light up from time to time like everyone else.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Darko posted:

He can't. Whis saw he couldn't keep up, offered to give him a little window to actually see it, and Vegeta refused, to try and attempt to see it himself. He probably just sees the sky light up from time to time like everyone else.

I'm still going with the Vegeta's royal blood gives him innate god ki which he used to punch Beerus in the face, but he can't really handle it yet. Come on big sweeping guess.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Going through the God ritual might've given Vegeta some slight God abilities of his own. Not enough to become a Super Saiyan God or fight with God Ki, but enough to somewhat sense Goku and Beerus' own God Ki, hence how he follows it. That said, this is also speculation, Vegeta might just have insanely good eyesight and be able to see space, who knows.

Having slight God Ki after the ritual despite the fact that it should only affect Goku would give a good reason for Whis training him later, as well as being able to become a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, since that went unexplained in Resurrection "F", where he just had God Ki randomly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Going through the God ritual might've given Vegeta some slight God abilities of his own. Not enough to become a Super Saiyan God or fight with God Ki, but enough to somewhat sense Goku and Beerus' own God Ki, hence how he follows it. That said, this is also speculation, Vegeta might just have insanely good eyesight and be able to see space, who knows.

Having slight God Ki after the ritual despite the fact that it should only affect Goku would give a good reason for Whis training him later, as well as being able to become a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, since that went unexplained in Resurrection "F", where he just had God Ki randomly.

I mean, it barely took them 5 minutes to get Goku to have god Ki and since they were already all grouped together at the party anyways

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vegeta does have a thing where he can figure out how to do other peoples poo poo, especially Goku's if only so to keep up.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seems like its a very saiyan thing actually.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Vegeta does have a thing where he can figure out how to do other peoples poo poo, especially Goku's if only so to keep up.

Yeah, he learned sensing regular Ki on his own after only hearing it was possible, in what - a couple of days at most?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

mmkay posted:

Yeah, he learned sensing regular Ki on his own after only hearing it was possible, in what - a couple of days at most?

While nearly unconscious, mortally wounded in a spacepod.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Speaking of being able to pick up on things easily, in reading DB for the first time, I'm at one of the tournaments and everyone is just whipping out Kamehamehas like they're nothing. Even Tien gives it a whirl. Roshi is freaking out when he thinks Goku is going to try to block at Dodon Ray with a Kamehameha, and he's saying the Kamehameha will never work against certain people.. Did they just give up on that angle as time went on and make the Kamehameha the end-all-be-all of super attacks?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Someone's about to post a TFS clip.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Speaking of being able to pick up on things easily, in reading DB for the first time, I'm at one of the tournaments and everyone is just whipping out Kamehamehas like they're nothing. Even Tien gives it a whirl. Roshi is freaking out when he thinks Goku is going to try to block at Dodon Ray with a Kamehameha, and he's saying the Kamehameha will never work against certain people.. Did they just give up on that angle as time went on and make the Kamehameha the end-all-be-all of super attacks?

The kamehameha they use later is not the same kamehameha as that one. It also had more to do with with the circumstances for why it wouldn't have been an effective attack. When Goku invents the Super Kamehameha to use against Piccolo, the format changed quite a bit. It didn't even drain him of his strength like most other kamehamehas were known to do.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Mordaedil posted:

While nearly unconscious, mortally wounded in a spacepod.

I thought he learned it after getting hit in the face with a Kaioken x10 Kamehameha?

I'm honestly not sure which is more impressive.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Roshi was freaking out, because he thought Krillin would try to block a trained Dodonpa with a Kamehameha that he has only just managed to copy. Basically this tournament is the third time we see that a beam attack fails to do poo poo against a stronger opponent (the first two instances being Goku's Kamehameha vs Tao and later the mirrored Tao's Dodonpa vs Goku).

-Fish- posted:

I thought he learned it after getting hit in the face with a Kaioken x10 Kamehameha?

I'm honestly not sure which is more impressive.

Notice how Vegeta takes a Kaioken x4 Kamehameha to the face and not only survives, but retains most of his strength. While at the same time Cui/Dodoria (who are supposed to be as strong/stronger than Vegeta on Earth) get one shot by Vegeta's weaker blast.

mmkay fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The dodonpa was developed directly to counter the kamehameha as well, so an "equal" dodonpa would overpower the kamehameha. It's kind of like how Piccolo already had a kamehameha styled attack, but developed the makankosappo specifically to trick/overpower Goku.

• Locked thread