Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

I am totally fine with my SSV vote and don't plan on switching.

I am curious though if someone please briefly summarize whatever the case on Kashuno is because I feel like the cases are, to me at least, lost in a spew of the forum equivalent of verbal diarrhea in huge effort posts that I don't have the time to read at work

I trust you Kum, if it would help to push for one, I will give my vote to support your cause.

I have my own suspicions against SSV but I will stop being stubborn.

##vote SSV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
good luck gents, see you one d3.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

If we are scum together, why wouldn't he just bus me at this point for easy town cred?

Maybe... he did??? As above, this really fake post:

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm getting ~vibes~ from Kashuno.

He livotes Hermetic when there starts being pressure on him. He defends me for my lovely lurking which is a weird thing to do unless he knows I'm town and wants to look good if I get lynched for being bad at Mafia. Hammers prematurely (seriously why the hell would you do that). Makes a "too scummy to be scum" argument day 2. States that Corazon's casing has been "disproved on every point" which I'm not really seeing. I'm assumign you mean Corazon's big ol' effort post, but it didn't state anything which was concrete enough to prove wrong just opinions on your opinions.

Corazon feels townie for me, he seems to be making a conscious effort to analyse people's posts and find scum. Feels a lot like he was once he got the hang of Mafia later on in the Mad Max game I was running so I'm leaning town for now and I don't get why Kashuno's so fixed on him.

was made at a time when there was a lot of heat on the two of you and some distance would have been really valuable if either of you flipped scum. Still, I think this looks worse for Vimes than it does for you. The thread is moving too quickly for me to keep up right now, but I'm probably going to lay my vote down for SSV as soon as I catch up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I have a bunch of work stuff this afternoon, but I should be around. I will probably hammer with 30 left in the day if that's cool with people.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's -2. I won't be around other than phone posting at deadline, so I don't mind either way. I'll be at my computer for the next 2 hours off and on.

Kash's d1 was bad, but his d2 has improved. I don't love his tunneling on Biaga as I already stated, but he's been pushing people for content and making reasonable town arguments. I think that's why we haven't seen any updated cases for him on d2 other than CC's (and I looked). I'm keeping my eye on CC at this point given that his own push on Kash is looking pretty shaky.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I've also got 5 people as currently not town? In a 13 player game, it's probably 2 scum 1 SK if that is indeed an SK kill running around. Just because I have a bunch of people I get town vibes from right now, does not mean that they cannot change over time. I have no problem with the scum team being all relatively new players. I'm starting to cool on CC though.

This post contains some oddly specific speculation. It also gives Kash a way to walk back any of his town reads. Plus it doesn't actually answer my question about the scum team being all newbies. I'm also wondering why Pope ignores this speculation but goes after Biaga for saying there are three non town people.

Plus given his speculation, this post a few minutes later doesn't make much sense.

Kashuno posted:

If we are scum together, why wouldn't he just bus me at this point for easy town cred?

If it's just a two person scum team then bussing doesn't really make much sense because I'd think scum would want their scum buddy to be alive as long as possible.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Plus it doesn't actually answer my question about the scum team being all newbies.

Kashuno posted:

I have no problem with the scum team being all relatively new players.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

This post contains some oddly specific speculation. It also gives Kash a way to walk back any of his town reads. Plus it doesn't actually answer my question about the scum team being all newbies. I'm also wondering why Pope ignores this speculation but goes after Biaga for saying there are three non town people.

:confused: I haven't gotten to Biaga yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think he meant podima

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

That isn't an actual answer. It just a general statement.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't care if the scum team is all new players or not

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I think he meant podima

Yeah, sorry I'm phone posting and avatars are off. It was Podima that went after Biaga. Sorry Pope.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, sorry I'm phone posting and avatars are off. It was Podima that went after Biaga. Sorry Pope.

Oh ok I was confused.

I already called out Kash and several other people for setup spec before (at least I think Kash was included in that post I made earlier, at least 4 people were on there), but Biaga stated it as an absolute thing out of nowhere in the middle of a big effortpost which is what pinged me. In general I think we've beaten the dead horse enough at this point - we just don't have any way of knowing what the game makeup is beyond the fact that there were two NKs.

Also FWIW while Kash took the time to distance himself from another early hammer, I don't love the fact that he seems to be preemptively setting himself up to be the hammer vote.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

SirSamVimes posted:

Okay that works for me. ##vote Biaga

Just like that. Really? Nothing else? The dude you were voting for scum convinces you to vote otherwise just like that? ##unvote

Does that strike anyone else and loving weird? My break is coming up soon so I can reread but I'm actually thinking you might be a better vote today than Kash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If someone is sure they will be here at deadline to hammer, that's fine with me

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

SSV, I don't like you. You haven't gotten much better since I posted this:

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't like SSV's tendency to hide out and not make posts. I didn't like SSV's apparent bandwagoning on votes. I think SSV is vaguely scummy and took his "OH my goodness, WHAT HAPPENED?" post with the initial "what do you think, SK or vig?" setup speculation as trying to introduce the topic while not weighing in at all on it.

I gotta get home, but I'm hoping to get one more chunk of effort done tonight.

You don't read the thread, as evidenced by this exchange:

SirSamVimes posted:

If you point out clearly to me someone flat out stating they will not provide reads, I will switch my vote to them before going to sleep. Too tired to actually sift through all of I assume Corazon's history.

Kashuno posted:

"I totally have other suspicions but I'm not going to state them."

SirSamVimes posted:

Okay that works for me. ##vote Biaga

You hardly post in the thread as I mentioned up top.
Podima found you lurking here while playing two other games of Mafia.
You let the scummiest player you see persuade you in a single post to jump ship on your vote on them.
It's like you aren't interested in hunting for scum because you must feel pretty loving safe.

I don't want to get us close to another early shutdown situation, but unless something huge changes I'll be here at 3:30 with a vote on SSV.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

I am totally fine with my SSV vote and don't plan on switching.

I am curious though if someone please briefly summarize whatever the case on Kashuno is because I feel like the cases are, to me at least, lost in a spew of the forum equivalent of verbal diarrhea in huge effort posts that I don't have the time to read at work

My main issue with Kash is that he seems really concerned with his image this game. He is constantly pointing out that he's hunting scum. He's quick to point out that nobody has made a case based on his D2 content. He's admitted that he is playing differently than his normal style.

For me, it's just a lot of little things that add up to a bad feeling about Kash. It's not really enough to vote him right now except to avoid a no lynch.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I will probably be here for deadline but I can't promise it due to the nature of the business

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Still not sure how to feel about Biaga. His posting is a bit odd in general and that seems suspicious but he may just have a genuinely odd way of writing. There are still a few things picking at my brain, though. One thing I noticed:

Biaga posted:

Green Intern: If anyone personifies the "play like a townie" its green intern. I think he has avoided serious attention by posting the most generically out of anyone and I can't help but see him as more interested in keeping attention away from himself. I am getting strange reading from this guy, and while his lists seem almost pretty basic, one thing struck me as interesting in his more recent player list.

I find this to be very compelling evidence to support the fact that CC is scum yet you keep it in your undecided. Continually you think I am a "big target" because I was active on day 1 within the first few pages and stapled a target to my own face, but have recently fell back on being a little more quiet.

CC: I don't get a scum feeling from him, if anything he might be playing the Serial Killer well. Part of me suspects an overactive townie. I agree that some of his actions have been suspect, but then again I think blunders are part of the game.

He calls Green Intern the personification of townie, but throws up a flag because Intern is undecided on CC despite posting "very compelling evidence" supporting CC as scum... and then says he's also undecided on CC? Apparently it wasn't very compelling after all.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Kashuno posted:

If someone is sure they will be here at deadline to hammer, that's fine with me

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't want to get us close to another early shutdown situation, but unless something huge changes I'll be here at 3:30 with a vote on SSV.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

Just like that. Really? Nothing else? The dude you were voting for scum convinces you to vote otherwise just like that? ##unvote

Does that strike anyone else and loving weird? My break is coming up soon so I can reread but I'm actually thinking you might be a better vote today than Kash.

Pope made a case about it earlier! It's a good point and I really liked it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

My main issue with Kash is that he seems really concerned with his image this game. He is constantly pointing out that he's hunting scum. He's quick to point out that nobody has made a case based on his D2 content. He's admitted that he is playing differently than his normal style.

For me, it's just a lot of little things that add up to a bad feeling about Kash. It's not really enough to vote him right now except to avoid a no lynch.

There is a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that Kashuno is an SK, which fits with a.) him playing slightly differently, b.) able to actively engage since he, as SK, is just as in the dark about everyone's alignment as the town is, and c.) explains the 2nd NK.

This is admittedly kinda :tinfoil: though and I'm not sure how I feel about him drawing attention to himself by hammering early D1. Given the timing it honestly could have been an accident and not alignment-telling at all.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Fact is, I'm on the defensive this game. I hosed up by getting angry and hammering early, and have had spend almost the entirety of d1 and d2 defending myself against tons of accusations. I'm concerned about my image because I'm barely skating by two days in a row now

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

There is a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that Kashuno is an SK, which fits with a.) him playing slightly differently, b.) able to actively engage since he, as SK, is just as in the dark about everyone's alignment as the town is, and c.) explains the 2nd NK.

This is admittedly kinda :tinfoil: though and I'm not sure how I feel about him drawing attention to himself by hammering early D1. Given the timing it honestly could have been an accident and not alignment-telling at all.

My feeling is that he might be a godfather. He's not an SK.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Uhh

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

is that because you're the SK

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

is that because you're the SK

No. I am not the SK or scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It was really dumb to out your role like that

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
His role could be a lot of things from that description

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It was really dumb to out your role like that

What role?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Haha what the gently caress just even happpened. :chanpop:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

What role?

:razz:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hilarious

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha no I meant what role do you think I have?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather not say

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I'd rather not say

Why not?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Go ahead. You can say it because I'll go ahead and claim it anyway.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Cop

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell are you people doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman