Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Darko posted:

The dodonpa was developed directly to counter the kamehameha as well, so an "equal" dodonpa would overpower the kamehameha. It's kind of like how Piccolo already had a kamehameha styled attack, but developed the makankosappo specifically to trick/overpower Goku.

The attack that takes like a minute to charge up properly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The cool thing about the Special Beam Cannon is that it looks like a corck-screw, so you can assign it video-game like properties in your head when you see it used, like it was made to penetrate really tough barriers and it inspired railguns.

Pureauthor posted:

The attack that takes like a minute to charge up properly?

It wasn't a completely finished attack, there was a reason he hadn't gone and found Goku and challenged him to a rematch. He was using an unfinished technique as a last resort.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Speaking of being able to pick up on things easily, in reading DB for the first time, I'm at one of the tournaments and everyone is just whipping out Kamehamehas like they're nothing. Even Tien gives it a whirl. Roshi is freaking out when he thinks Goku is going to try to block at Dodon Ray with a Kamehameha, and he's saying the Kamehameha will never work against certain people.. Did they just give up on that angle as time went on and make the Kamehameha the end-all-be-all of super attacks?

That was because Tien had previously reflected Yamcha's kamehameha, right?

So it wasn't that the kamehameha wasn't an effective attack, it's just that with specific opponents it's not going to do any good, think of androids 19 and 20 for other example.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That part is important enough for Xenoverse to actually make it a skill. One of Tenshinhan's Z-Souls, "Haaaaaaaaaaaah!", makes the user completely immune to any attack named "Kamehameha".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Blaze Dragon posted:

That part is important enough for Xenoverse to actually make it a skill. One of Tenshinhan's Z-Souls, "Haaaaaaaaaaaah!", makes the user completely immune to any attack named "Kamehameha".

Especially useful for that one mission where Goku, Gohan, and Goten just gang bang you with Kamehamehas at you over and over and over and over and over...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Especially useful for that one mission where Goku, Gohan, and Goten just gang bang you with Kamehamehas at you over and over and over and over and over...

Only scrubs use Tien's Z-Soul for that mission. True warriors win without it!

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 5, 2015

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Raxivace posted:

Only scrubs use Tien's Z-Soul for that mission. True warriors win without it!

I didn't know it existed until after I finished that mission :suicide:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Farecoal posted:

I didn't know it existed until after I finished that mission :suicide:

It didn't exist until after I finished that mission.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's possible that didn't exist until after DLC came in? I don't remember anyone recommending that in the xenoverse thread, outside of spamming Recoom's pose.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Yeah, it's specific to DLC 1. You get it as a reward after sparring with Tien.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That mission was the absolute worst to a fighter class at around the level you were when you got to it (or like 20 after). A well equipped beam user could take it with the correct setup at a lower level, though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I haven't played Xenoverse but I saw "The Best of TFS Gaming Vol. 6" yesterday and I believe the last part is them playing exactly that mission you're talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIpAfmq-a9o

Starts around 11:10, warning: lotsa screaming.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

mmkay posted:

Yeah, he learned sensing regular Ki on his own after only hearing it was possible, in what - a couple of days at most?

Apparently it is really, really, REALLY, easy to figure out according to vegeta. (you probably need to have high ki and the more ki the easier.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AtomikKrab posted:

Apparently it is really, really, REALLY, easy to figure out according to vegeta. (you probably need to have high ki and the more ki the easier.)

It's probably not a very hard thing to learn at all for anyone above Hercule's power level. The issue was more that there was no need to, because of the scouters. Kinda like being able to drive a car, but then learning to ride a bike as an adult.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Petiso posted:

I haven't played Xenoverse but I saw "The Best of TFS Gaming Vol. 6" yesterday and I believe the last part is them playing exactly that mission you're talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIpAfmq-a9o

Starts around 11:10, warning: lotsa screaming.

Yep that's it! Man, they got better since the last time I watched them play ol' Dumplin. They used to be so garbage at that game..

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Just finished watching Broly Anime Hulk 1. I liked it. Especially Vegeta.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Actually my favorite parts were Broly crushing his dad in his space pod and baby Broly getting loving stabbed (:stonk:)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

so who's your favorite space warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozM3Chgvq-o

super warrior, super warrior of space, w/e

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Enourmo posted:

so who's your favorite space warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozM3Chgvq-o

super warrior, super warrior of space, w/e

ihavenoidea

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I liked that Vegeta still didn't fully trust this new skill in Namek, I recall a part where he's chasing Gohan who runs to hide and when he's about to blow up the area to make him come out a big fish or something splashes in the water and Vegeta believes that must be the thing he sensed.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Did he technically believe that fish could have defeated Raditz?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

sharktamer posted:

It was a pretty big fish.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sharktamer posted:

Why wouldn't he.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

There was a giant snake on Earth in Super that required Goten and Trunks to go Super Saiyan, so who knows.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Farecoal posted:

Just finished watching Broly Anime Hulk 1. I liked it. Especially Vegeta.

I looked up this movie on youtube and the soundtrack seemed to consist of this constant, awful, nu-metal. Like, it was seriously some of the worst music I've ever heard. Is that the actual soundtrack, or was the guy who recorded the video just listening to terrible music while doing so? It never even matched what was going on; it was like they just decided to play some tracks of this terrible music in the background and call it a day.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I looked up this movie on youtube and the soundtrack seemed to consist of this constant, awful, nu-metal. Like, it was seriously some of the worst music I've ever heard. Is that the actual soundtrack, or was the guy who recorded the video just listening to terrible music while doing so? It never even matched what was going on; it was like they just decided to play some tracks of this terrible music in the background and call it a day.

Yeah, that was in almost all of the American releases starting with Cooler.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ytlaya posted:

i mean i think the pantera song they played at the moment Broly transformed at least vaguely fit the mood, but beyond that... yeah i can't watch any of those movies with the US soundtracks.

Yet another point in favor of Dead Zone and World's Strongest (and i guess tree of might, though that had issues of its own obv)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Ytlaya posted:

The one I watched was the Funimation dub but had the original music

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
if you dont like the lovely metal ur a fuccboi

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The terrible metal is critical to the anime hulk experience

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Angsty nu metal was a genius way of Americanizing the series. It totally works too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8baOJK6MI

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Funimation knew everyone was gonna make lovely AMVs with those movies so they figured they could beat everyone to the punch by making them one long AMV.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

This video actually gets more compressed as it goes on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFpUe04WhPY

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Would have been impressive if it was made in 1995.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I downloaded these two amv's on 56k when I was a gay teen and they were the coolest thing ever to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN2dM7NplKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipky5F6gkAM

Also I somehow managed to download an unsubbed version of the episode where Goku and Piccolo drive cars which was also good as hell, to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Ball Kart on PS4, Wii U and PC when?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Speaking of cool video games, the new fighter for 3DS drops in two weeks, so that's something.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Bojack Horseman Review: Best part was Goku coming back from the dead somehow to punch Bojack. Hail Satan

Super Ultra Mega Blue Android 13 Review: The first half of the movie was awesome. And by first half I mean Android 15.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
wait so trunks gets an apple but goten gets slapped when tries to take one?? discrimination i say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well ones a wealthy Japanese heir and the other is a Chinese peasant

• Locked thread