Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

ShufflerZero posted:

93: Blood, bath and beyond!

The house of death could only have been made a bloodbath by one being... Aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Haha did they literally do a simultaneous worldwide release for The Omen just so they could bank on 6/6/06?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Haha did they literally do a simultaneous worldwide release for The Omen just so they could bank on 6/6/06?

That's been slowly becoming more common anyway. Simultaneous openings cut down on piracy, but it can be hard to arrange it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Oh man that guy has seen some serious poo poo, big 1000 yard stare.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: Yet More Random Stuff Edition, part 23: The Randoming Boogaloo

And you thought the last guy had seen some poo poo...

And case you're wondering, yes that scene DOES happen in CHAMPION OF DEATH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-B3EjjBgk

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm pretty sure they remade it just so they could bank on 6/6/06.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Mr. Squishy posted:

If I'm remembering right, the initial press release announcing the movie had the release date set in place, so I would almost certainly say it was just someone's decision to capitalise (Probably explains why they just ended up using the original script, which is a bigger insult).

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

el oso posted:

I wonder how the person who made this feels.

Ah, a perfect representation of New Orleans

Solidkgb
Apr 11, 2015

Calico Heart posted:

Ah, a perfect representation of New Orleans

Why did't they put the happy mask on the other side, it looks uneven and the sad mask makes me think the show is bad.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a subtle code that only people who are lucid and under 70 will notice, so they know it's not for them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man look at all those tan white people.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

And the original movie was made so that they could bank on 6/6/76.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Which police procedural had the worst episode about video games?

The GamerGate SVU episode is leagues of bad.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

el oso posted:

I wonder how the person who made this feels.

I love how this is shot from below but the viewer is eye level with the door in the back.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shoehead posted:

I love how this is shot from below but the viewer is eye level with the door in the back.

Ow, my loving head. Just noticed!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vintersorg posted:

Ow, my loving head. Just noticed!

Not a single unique element in that photo is from the same angle as the other and that includes all heads and their respective bodies. Good lord.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Shoehead posted:

God drat it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like this one:

The beads switched hands, and floating plants.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Harlock posted:

The GamerGate SVU episode is leagues of bad.

Yeah, what the gently caress, there's nothing in the genre better than Civ V with BNW.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mondo have started selling original Ghanan Posters. They're all $1200 except for one which is $500.

It's funny seeing oil on stretched rice sack canvas as the medium.

http://mondotees.com/collections/original-art?page=2

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So Mondo is a really elaborate troll, right? No one has ever actually given them money, right?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

It's a subtle code that only people who are lucid and under 70 will notice, so they know it's not for them.

Zoe McLellan is totes hot, so I'm watching anyway.

Mister Chief posted:

Mondo have started selling original Ghanan Posters. They're all $1200 except for one which is $500.

Disinterested Kurt Russel with his half-hearted shooting and outfit from a different movie really makes this one.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

They're not offering Jodorowsky's Dune...

Edit: oh, it looks like this got sold out.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Young Freud posted:

They're not offering Jodorowsky's Dune...

Jodorowski's Dune was gonna star the founder of Men's Warehouse? SWEET.

Edit: Wait; I just realized that's supposed to be Jodorowski. The poster literally thinks he was going to be in the movie.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 6, 2015

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
So is there some rational reason why nearly every Ghanan poster prominently features decapitation? Like, are they all by the same artist, who happens to have a decapitation fetish of some kind?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Gonz posted:

Jodorowski's Dune was gonna star the founder of Men's Warehouse? SWEET.

Edit: Wait; I just realized that's supposed to be Jodorowski. The poster literally thinks he was going to be in the movie.

He technically is. (the documentary, but I'm sure he would have put himself in the actual movie too)

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

0 black people will receive money from this

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Do you think they conjured the posters from thin air

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Do you think they conjured the posters from thin air

They probably paid them a cool $20 each.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Yeah, I didn't realize it before but these were posters that were made in the Ghana style by Americans for various repository theaters and not actually made in Ghana by Ghanaian artists.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, I didn't realize it before but these were posters that were made in the Ghana style by Americans for various repository theaters and not actually made in Ghana by Ghanaian artists.

...tbh I feel like the Jodorowsky's Dune poster should have tipped me off to this (because I somehow doubt Ghana had many screenings of that documentary) but I somehow didn't notice.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Says who? The artist of nearly all of those is a Ghanaian who lives in Ghana.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Says who? The artist of nearly all of those is a Ghanaian who lives in Ghana.

Okay, I reread the stuff I found about the art show these were actually made for. I am wrong. It does appear that Mondo commissioned these works with West African artists, specifically for the event. So, it's why you have stuff like Jodorowsky's Dune along with Maniac and Monster Squad.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So before we get another Mondo whinge-party, some new posters.

The poster for Natalie Portman's Western, in which basically everyone not called Natalie Portman bailed on the project at some point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Got_a_Gun#Production

quote:

The script by Brian Duffield appeared on the 2011 Black List, an annual listing of the most popular unproduced screenplays. In May 2012, it was announced that Natalie Portman would star in the film as the title character Jane Hammond and that Lynne Ramsay would direct. In August 2012, Michael Fassbender was reported as being in talks to play the role of Dan Frost, Jane's ex-lover. In December 2012, Joel Edgerton was cast as John Bishop, the villain of the film. On February 4, 2013, Rodrigo Santoro was announced to have joined the cast, playing a character named Fitchum. On March 11, it was revealed that Fassbender had had to leave the film due to scheduling conflicts with X-Men: Days of Future Past. Ramsay then recast Edgerton in the vacated role of Dan Frost and cast Jude Law in the role of John Bishop. On March 19, it was announced that Ramsay had left the production. On March 20, Gavin O'Connor was announced as her replacement. The same day, it was also announced that Law had left the film, for the reason that he had signed on to work with Ramsay. Cinematographer Darius Khondji also left the production, and was replaced by Mandy Walker. Anthony Tambakis, the screenwriter of O'Connor's previous film Warrior, was hired to rewrite the script. On April 5, it was announced that Bradley Cooper would replace Law in the role of John Bishop. On April 10, it was announced that Noah Emmerich had been cast in the final lead role of Bill Hammond, Jane's husband. On May 1, it was announced that Cooper was withdrawing from the film. Cooper revealed that he was leaving because of scheduling conflicts with American Hustle. On May 6, Ewan McGregor was announced to take over the role of John Bishop from Cooper. On June 3, Boyd Holbrook was announced to be playing the younger brother of John Bishop.

There was also an "error" when I was uploading this to Imgur, and it took me two tries. Because of course it would.

And one for John Hillcoat's latest, Triple 9.

It kind of looks like a poster for a video game, like that cops v. robbers Battlefield game or something along the lines of GTA.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

china bot posted:

I follow several indie filmmaking in Chicago Facebook groups, and someone posts a poster/promo materials like this every single day:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

THE MOVIE.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A hospital patient has escaped and she's walked to a derelict cemetary! WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress, there's nothing in the genre better than Civ V with BNW.

Yes, there is. Civ 4 with Beyond the Sword. :colbert:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vagabundo posted:

So before we get another Mondo whinge-party, some new posters.

The poster for Natalie Portman's Western, in which basically everyone not called Natalie Portman bailed on the project at some point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Got_a_Gun#Production

Thats a weird way to remake Johnny Got His Gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

And one for John Hillcoat's latest, Triple 9.

It kind of looks like a poster for a video game, like that cops v. robbers Battlefield game or something along the lines of GTA.

Have you seen the trailer?