Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
For whatever reason, I'm friends with my old German teacher from high school. I remember reading the comments on a photo they shared. It was one guy going off on a nearly 30 comment long rant that sounded like mein kampf regarding countries taking in refugees. The irony was not lost on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Reminder that if you have forza 6, add me @ superducky.

Bout to drink copious amounts of rum and yell at digital cars for awhile. Happy Monday, fuckers!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

http://youtubedoubler.com/gBff

I do need to pick up GTA 5 at some point.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

GTA 5 is rad. Reminder that if you have it, we do have an AI crew:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/sa_ai_goons

Also, feel free to add me and send me obnoxious messages yelling at me to play if you're down for Online shenanigans.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys! I learned magic today. Apparently, you can take electricity...

Put it in a magic box,

gently caress around with it a bit

And eventually stick metal together with it!

This changes everything.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Put it in a magic box,

This changes everything.
We have found a witch, may we burn him?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'm gonna say this as nicely as I can.

If you put those welds near a vehicle, May cthullu have mercy on your soul.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

T1g4h posted:

We have found a witch, may we burn him?

Only if he weighs as much as a duck.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm gonna say this as nicely as I can.

If you put those welds near a vehicle, May cthullu have mercy on your soul.

No, that's why I'm practicing on scrap over and over and over.

E: and most of those are over old practice a few generations deep. I'm still dialing in running a puddle upwards, and learning with the poo poo 110v welder I bought. Don't worry.

Geirskogul posted:

gently caress around with it

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

Guys! I learned magic today.

HE HAS TAMED LIGHTNING

BURN THE WITCH

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 6, 2015

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

AI, I need your collective wisdom. I hosed up and didn't read the purchase contract on my house as closely as I should have and missed that it didn't come with a washing machine and dryer. So I need new ones. What say ye? Whirlpool, GE, LG? Samsung? I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

For whatever reason, I'm friends with my old German teacher from high school. I remember reading the comments on a photo they shared. It was one guy going off on a nearly 30 comment long rant that sounded like mein kampf regarding countries taking in refugees. The irony was not lost on me.

I get warm fuzzies every time I see a european going apeshit over dirty brown people with their strange customs and food invading their pure and wholesome european cultures. Its even better when they use the same lame as poo poo excuses racist assholes in texas/the southwest used for mexicans coming illegally over the border. These are the same lame as poo poo excuses they'd look down on people for using, but its ok because america is a melting pot but europe isn't. :allears:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

McTinkerson posted:

AI, I need your collective wisdom. I hosed up and didn't read the purchase contract on my house as closely as I should have and missed that it didn't come with a washing machine and dryer. So I need new ones. What say ye? Whirlpool, GE, LG? Samsung? I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

I say Samsung for no real reason (our home washer/dryer are ASKO, which are absurdly expensive, but awesome) other than because you can get an all-in-one washer/dryer which has wifi control :v:

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

blk posted:

I used to go for regular walks in the posh neighborhood near my old rental house and frequently saw a yellow SLK32 puttering around. I kept seeing him out so we started waving to each other when we passed.

Today I learned that I'd been waving to Linus Torvalds:

Everything you need to know about Linus Torvalds...

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/magical-face-linus/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

McTinkerson posted:

Bosch. Mine has been great, well worth the extra cost over Korean brands

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You Am I posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Bosch branded appliance

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

McTinkerson posted:

Having not been thrilled with my 'top line' 33 cubic foot Samsung fridge I'll likely pass on future appliances from them. We got my grandmothers nearly new whirlpool cabrio series washer and gas dryer when she moved to assisted living and they are actually wonderful. I'd also consider LG products from past experience and anecdotal evidence they work great from family members experience. I've really been happy with the washer and dryer we have. We have two small kids so we have a fair amount of laundry in a week.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
You know you live in California when you take a picture of rain and upload it to the internet.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

BoostCreep posted:

You know you live in California when you take a picture of rain and upload it to the internet.

How many car crashes have you witnessed today?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

You Am I posted:

But Bosch dishwashers are still catching fire.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I just ate a lot of pie. I love pie.

Costco pie has no right to be so delicious, but it is.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Geirskogul posted:

But Bosch dishwashers are still catching fire.

Good to hear they've still retained their core brand values.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

http://youtubedoubler.com/gBff

I do need to pick up GTA 5 at some point.

I laughed way too hard at that. I think I hurt myself.

BoostCreep posted:

Hey, you guys needed it. We (Texas) would have sent you some water if we could. We're full up and then some, for a wonder.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Doesn't bandman repair appliances and he recommends speed queens?

From what he's said on the thread about them, they will likely be what I buy when these Kenmores break.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Jamoke posted:

WITNESS HIM

Guys (other than 14) get over to this thread now

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BoostCreep posted:

As a fellow so cal goon, yes.

But it needs to make up its god drat mind instead of this spurt poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Geirskogul posted:

Put it in a magic box,

This changes everything.

Ditch the flux core, get a bottle and be prepared to be razzle dazzled. My ho hun welds have really become a million times better. Still messing with sheet metal, but I'm slowly getting it down. But play with all the wire speeds and settings, write them down when you find the perfect setting.

Appliance chat: the answer is speed queen. I got a set of maytag commercials for 300 bucks (hey they are in perfect shape and only 3 years old) but when they poo poo, speed queen it is.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Looks like Continental is doing a $70 rebate until the 31st. Sears is adding on $70 off if you buy 4, so it looks like I"ll be getting 4 Conti DWSes for $420.

:getin:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
For those of you not playing along, some dingleberry stole my old S2000 motor out of my shed.

:siren: THE CURSE LIVES ON :siren:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

I get warm fuzzies every time I see a european going apeshit over dirty brown people with their strange customs and food invading their pure and wholesome european cultures. Its even better when they use the same lame as poo poo excuses racist assholes in texas/the southwest used for mexicans coming illegally over the border. These are the same lame as poo poo excuses they'd look down on people for using, but its ok because america is a melting pot but europe isn't. :allears:

I get the same warm fuzzies too. My dad has been brainwashed and by the U.S. govt/Fox News and occasionally repeats that bullshit. I had to point out to him that all of the anti-immigration rhetoric is part of the reason why it has taken nearly 15 years for my uncle to immigrate from Venezuela to here and that he himself is the son of what would be considered an illegal immigrant today (my grandfather was a paper son). He doesn't bring that up that topic anymore.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I can't get Speed Queens in Canada :(
Does Speed Queen manufacture for other brands that I could get in the frozen north?

Right now the mid range LG front loads are top of the list.

Keep the anecdotes and recommendations coming though!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

For those of you not playing along, some dingleberry stole my old S2000 motor out of my shed.

:siren: THE CURSE LIVES ON :siren:

Please tell me the camera was up and ready. Please tell me you got this fucker too.

http://jalopnik.com/ocean-city-poli...e%3Fblogid%3D12

Ahahaha, Stance Nation gets cop blocked.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 6, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has thievery been a thing?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Almost positive it was the same guy and I just didn't notice. Dude with the trail camera is checking it again tomorrow.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Geirskogul posted:

Guys (other than 14) get over to this thread now

Which thread?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

How you know it's getting chilly out: cats remember you exist, and are warm.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Just dropping in to say "gently caress you" to both TWC and Arris/Motorola.

In early June I replaced a leased cable modem from TWC (at $8/month) with an Arris SB6141 from their approved list not knowing that 1) the modem has a fatal flaw in its firmware that resets the entire modem when it experiences a channel drop (vs. just resetting the dropped channel like literally every other modem) and 2) TWC has a head end problem in my market that drastically increases channel drops, which TWC refused to fix because it only affects personally-owned modem subscribers. For the last four months I haven't had much more than 30 minutes of uninterrupted connectivity, followed by 5-10 minutes of my modem resetting itself and then trying to reestablish a connection.

I've finally had enough and ordered a Zoom modem to replace it, and my connection has been rock-solid stable since I had it provisioned around four hours ago. If there was any competition in my neighborhood I would have dropped TWC months ago, but they're the only ISP that services my address.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
holy poo poo that's been happening to me, though I get several days of uptime before it's slow as hell again.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

McTinkerson posted:

I got a Whirlpool 3.8 cubic foot top-load washer last year from best buy. I paid $450 and my energy company had a $150 rebate for energySTAR appliances, so basically $300. I love it. It's quiet, the capacity seems like twice as much as my old front-loader, it's gentle on sweaters, and stupid simple to operate.

I was attracted to Whirlpool because they're made in the county where I live and work. Whirlpool, Amana, and Maytag are all made in the same factory.

Seriously though it's drat good for $450.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

mafoose posted:

Doesn't bandman repair appliances and he recommends speed queens?

From what he's said on the thread about them, they will likely be what I buy when these Kenmores break.

Indeed. If you can swing it, Speed Queen is hard to beat. They are significantly more expensive than pretty much anything else on the market though. Like, $1500 for a front load washer expensive. You won't have to buy anything else ever again though.

Edit: just saw that you are in :canada: and they don't have a distributor there. Might be able to find one used or something. Failing that, Whirlpools are pretty solid.

bandman fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 6, 2015

• Locked thread