Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

Yosuke and Aigis are both good.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i like yosuke because he's an accurate representation of a poo poo head teenager but he's a good guy at his core

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hellioning posted:

I think I can speak for everyone when I say no.

You can't.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

For once, dorrile is right

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tiny Navarre. :3:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
First time playing and hoping to avoid spoilers so ducking my head in real quick -- what's the recommended level/good Persona to beat Shadow Teddie on Hard Mode with? I'm at like 36 I think and I wouldn't say I completely got my rear end kicked but it was still a slog and I don't really wanna attempt that fight again (especially with the Rise part added) unless I'm sure I can clinch it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

First time playing and hoping to avoid spoilers so ducking my head in real quick -- what's the recommended level/good Persona to beat Shadow Teddie on Hard Mode with? I'm at like 36 I think and I wouldn't say I completely got my rear end kicked but it was still a slog and I don't really wanna attempt that fight again (especially with the Rise part added) unless I'm sure I can clinch it

You'll want to have one with Mediaran, at least. Media...hara? The group heal one. You and Yukiko.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

So the second level group heal on the protaganist and Yukiko? I can see that making sense, it seems like it's a pretty straightforward war of attrition without any "tricks" (unless you count guarding after he charges up the fist attack) -- I do have that S-Link skill that increases the effectiveness of Yukiko's healing, too, which will hopefully help. Do you think level 36 is shooting too low? On a side note, I wouldn't mind a good guide just for the dungeon portions because hard mode is pretty loving good and hard, but I've been staying away from walkthroughs because using one for the S-link stuff seems like it would trivialize that part of the game. If anyone knows of a good guide for just the combat/mechanical stuff I would love a link

edit: or do you just mean Media because I've had that forever

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Mediarama is the second level healing spell he's thinking of. Not sure what the lowest level persona is that gets it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
persona 4: dancing all night!

e: Shadow Teddie's a real fucker. If you have an Ice Dodge accessory, slap it on Yukiko. Alternatively, consider leaving her out of the party for this one -- her Ice weakness can really gently caress you up. ST doesn't need more turns. As always, buffs and debuffs are your friends. and a lil c/p from the megaten wiki that i didn't know: [...] However, most of his strongest attacks are heavily telegraphed; he uses Marakunda before Heat Wave, precedes Mabufula with Mind Charge, and uses Nihil Hand two turns after casting Ultra Charge. Shadow Teddie will only break these patterns if a dialogue event is triggered before he can use the attack associated with the buff/debuff, in which case he will immediately use his intended move the turn after he uses Nihil Hand. This will likely only be problematic if he used Mind Charge before the dialogue trigger, in which case the player should remember to guard after Nihil Hand to endure the incoming Mabufula

Bogart fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 6, 2015

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Neko Shogun gets Mediarama at 34 and Divine Grace at 37 which pretty much overpowers every midgame encounter

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ruggington posted:

i like yosuke because he's an accurate representation of a poo poo head teenager but he's a good guy at his core

He's that one dude who makes poo poo jokes to cover up for his insecurities and basically everyone knows someone like that, and probably most people in here have been that dude at one point or another. :v:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

He's that one dude who makes poo poo jokes to cover up for his insecurities and basically everyone knows someone like that, and probably most people in here have been that dude at one point or another. :v:

This is true.

I still dislike him tho.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I like him because I want to gay kiss him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is true.

I still dislike him tho.

Fair. He is an rear end in a top hat and also an idiot.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

I like him because I want to gay kiss him.

This is a more compelling argument.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I grew to like Yosuke

I only ever really liked Aegis in PQ where she was really funny, sort of the same for Yukiko but I also like her songs and dancing in P4D, so I still like her

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

http://kotaku.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-isnt-an-update-but-an-enti-1734901069

SMT4 sequel!! coming February in Japan

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That backstory sounds like one of the alternate timelines possibly

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ruggington posted:

:yeah:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm disappointed the green jacket/fauxhawk person is a dude and not a lady. :v:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Firebert posted:

Neko Shogun gets Mediarama at 34 and Divine Grace at 37 which pretty much overpowers every midgame encounter

Apparently I can't do the special fusions until after Rise's dungeon :-(

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

"kotaku" posted:

The game takes place in a future Tokyo in the 2030’s. 15 years prior, a war between the gods erupted.

The ghost of the character, Navarre, will be joining as one of your companions.

I'm confused, is this set before or after SMTIV? It makes it sound like either it's set before or that the events before SMTIV happened all over again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's a sequel, it just seems like it's a sequel to a neutral ending where the barrier remains up rather than coming down.

That or the barrier came down but there's something else loving Tokyo up.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm disappointed the green jacket/fauxhawk person is a dude and not a lady. :v:

Same.

Golden Goat posted:

I'm confused, is this set before or after SMTIV? It makes it sound like either it's set before or that the events before SMTIV happened all over again.

Alternate timeline where the SMT4 heroes all died during training maybe? (I know "dying in the first missions of SMT4" is a huge stretch of the imagination, but bear with me)

I think it has to be an alternate timeline, since some of the articles talk about Angels having a significant presence in Tokyo, and that wasn't something that happened in SMT4.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

goferchan posted:

Apparently I can't do the special fusions until after Rise's dungeon :-(

drat, Ganga (Priestess) gets Mediarama in the early 30s

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

It's a sequel, it just seems like it's a sequel to a neutral ending where the barrier remains up rather than coming down.

That or the barrier came down but there's something else loving Tokyo up.

Maybe in this timeline everyone from SMTIV failed to accomplish anything at all.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Here's some more articles.

quote:

Masayuki Doi is the character designer of the game, and you’ll see the likes of Merkabah, Lucifer, and others, including Medusa from the previous game, in their refined forms.
Yay for more fetus hand?
Also the Gematsu article with the same info as the others says Navarre is actually possessing the main character.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

HGH posted:

Also the Gematsu article with the same info as the others says Navarre is actually possessing the main character.
Oh cool, I love Devil Summoner.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Firebert posted:

It also absorbs ice. I always left Yukiko behind and fused a Ganga to do the healing myself.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HGH posted:

I guess that explains his awful hair.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Firebert posted:

I ended up fusing a Parvati and S-links got her up to 40, also has Mediarama and nulls ice. About to give it another shot. I didn't realize the first time that you get full HP/SP restored in between the two fights, so at least if I fail and gotta try again I can just go all-out on Shadow Rise without worrying about conserving resources

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

HGH posted:

Here's some more articles.

Yay for more fetus hand?

Oh, cool, an alternate Soul Hackers game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there's more dlc up including free outfits and the marie song

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

HGH posted:

So maybe that means that ghost-Navarre is gonna be our Burroughs equivalent? Oh, that's gonna be great.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Marie's song is pretty rad. I'm going to listen to it on loop until I'm completely sick of it.

e: oh it's the Ultimax theme

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 7, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god this health system is the loving worst thing, why did anyone think this was good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I beat Shadow Teddie and it was actually easy as hell after realizing that he follows a very set pattern until you get him down to 25% health or so. Thank you all for the help

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol at the guys doing the soulja boy dance during the live version of reach out for the truth. this game needs a soulja boy x danny brown remix of pursuing my true self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i've beaten alll the hard mode songs and now to do easy mode to unlock those easy mode chars and get money for all night mode