Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

Cesaro as the Doom Marine since he can legit carry an entire arsenal into hell and fight cyberdemons.

You say this as if his body is not the arsenal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you mentally take one star away from each rating since it's from TNA Mecca this isn't too far off.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

My Official Statement Regarding ‪#‎BoundForGlory‬ and the ‪#‎injunction‬ against Matt Hardy as TNA Heavyweight Champion.

Hello,
My name is Ethan Carter the Third (the third of my name,) the only undefeated World Champion in TNA History and, as preposterous as this is to say, the only undefeated former World Champion in Wrestling History.

For the two years I've been in TNA I have thrived and succeeded. Like many, I started at the very bottom, I had to earn my successes. Fortunately I was blessed with determination, resolution, a formidable skill set, and most importantly, unwavering fan support. Through these gifts, the world watched on 7/01/15 EC3 (me) defeat the greatest champion of our time, Kurt Angle, and culminate a life's work by becoming THE World Champion.

One does not take that honor lightly. As my reign as champion began, I made a promise wrestling fans across the globe that the sanctity of that title would be upheld. The World Title would be contested with one thing in mind.

FAIR COMPETITION.

Well FAIR COMPETITION is not what transpired on 10/04/15 in Charlotte, NC.

Collusion is defined as "secret cooperation for an illegal purpose" and in the court of public opinion, allow me to present you with the facts.

-The owner of the company, with her own interests in mind, change the originally scheduled EC3 v. Galloway World Title Match, to a triple threat AFTER the contracts were signed.

-The owner of the company changed the official of the contest without giving the champion more than one week's notification.

-The official is not only a disgruntled former employee of the champion but also the FREAKING BROTHER OF THE CHALLENGER.

-The official was directly involved in the match's conclusion by assaulting the champion.

Those are simply the facts.

These facts, this evidence of collusion, was enough that my legal team saw and was granted an injunction via the seventh circuit court that prevents Matt Hardy from appearing on Impact Wrestling as TNA World Champion.

Matt Hardy has two options now. Relinquish the title back to my possession, striking your win from the record books, and I will see it fit you have a one-on-one match in a fair setting, or, never appearing on TNA Television again.

I am the champion this company needs, and even through this tumultuous time I still feel deserves.

Justice will be served.

Thank you,
Ethan Carter III

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ayn rand hand job posted:

never appearing on TNA Television again

Well he may get his wish, but it's a monkey's paw sort of thing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aaaaaaaaahahahahaha

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
EC3 is no Paul Heyman. :colbert:

e: Bahahahahaha, EC3 even "filed" in the Seventh Circuit – the same one Heyman threatened to go to on the Raw After Mania to nullify Rollins cashing in. Neither San Jose (9th), Orlando (11th) or Concord (4th) are anywhere near the Seventh Circuit. Unless Wisconsin is really nice to faces.

TinTower fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 6, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

These facts, this evidence of collusion, was enough that my legal team saw and was granted an injunction via the seventh circuit court that prevents Matt Hardy from appearing on Impact Wrestling as TNA World Champion.

If TNA is based in Nashville and the event in question happened in North Carolina, then why is he filing an injunction through a circuit court that only covers Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RZApublican posted:

If TNA is based in Nashville and the event in question happened in North Carolina, then why is he filing an injunction through a circuit court that only covers Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin?

He may mean the seventh circuit court of Florida, which covers Orlando.

No, this doesn't really help.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RZApublican posted:

gonna guess "jokes"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I, for one, am always a fan of world championship angles that require reading an essay-length missive on Facebook.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

gonna guess "jokes"

This sport containing an undead mortician with magic powers who has a weird relationship with his demon half-brother has no room for levity. :colbert:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Dave Meltzer was wrong, TNA weren't going off TV until that DASTARDLY EC3 filed his injunction!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I asked this in another thread and I don't remember getting a non-joke answer; but what happened with Jefe and Matt? Last I heard they were all about their rinky-dink indie promotion with the stupid acronym. Why are they back in TNA?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The indies can't fund Jeff's habit, even with a ridiculous name like "Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts Championship Wrestling".

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TinTower posted:

The indies can't fund Jeff's habit, even with a ridiculous name like "Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts Championship Wrestling".

Jeff's clean, OMEGA is doing ok for a z league indie.

TNA's willing to pay Matt and Jeff an insane amount of money for doing sweet gently caress all. Its not a bad gig if you can put up with Dixie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I asked this in another thread and I don't remember getting a non-joke answer; but what happened with Jefe and Matt? Last I heard they were all about their rinky-dink indie promotion with the stupid acronym. Why are they back in TNA?

Jeff has been there for years, and Matt came back last summer. I'm assuming they're right at the top of TNA's list of contracts and that pays enough and requires so few dates that Jeff can do his vanity projects like P3r0xyg3n or whatever as well as OMEGA on the side.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jeff has been there for years, and Matt came back last summer. I'm assuming they're right at the top of TNA's list of contracts and that pays enough and requires so few dates that Jeff can do his vanity projects like P3r0xyg3n or whatever as well as OMEGA on the side.

Oh the wikipedia article made it sound like he left TNA FOR OMEGA as some sort of weird vanity thing. He was just doing it as a sidejob?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

Oh the wikipedia article made it sound like he left TNA FOR OMEGA as some sort of weird vanity thing. He was just doing it as a sidejob?

I don't follow OMEGA and I'm not sure how hands-on he is, but TNA really only tapes for a few days every 2-3 months so he may be more involved since he's got a fair bit of free time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember when Christian was a former two time undefeated World Champion in TNA?

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Dave Meltzer was wrong, TNA weren't going off TV until that DASTARDLY EC3 filed his injunction!

Meltzer lied, TNA still died

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

flashy_mcflash posted:

I, for one, am always a fan of world championship angles that require reading an essay-length missive on Facebook.

When I have my lawyers file injunctions I make sure they hashtag words

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

Remember when Christian was a former two time undefeated World Champion in TNA?

I feel like "undefeated world champion" has happened 10000 times since the Attitude Era and putting up titles in 6 man tags, 6 pack challenges, battle royals, who knows what else

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'm so tired of every main angle being some awful corporate storyline

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Muddy Burphy posted:

McMahon/Austin drew money therefore we will never be free

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

This might be the longest period of time tna has gone without a heel stable invading the company and trying to take over

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

This might be the longest period of time tna has gone without a heel stable invading the company and trying to take over

wait gently caress I forgot about Global Force Wrestling

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

wait gently caress I forgot about Global Force Wrestling

That was what, three weeks ago? You might still be right.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think I prefer TNA constantly coming up with new evil authority groups over WWE just riding out The Authority for the last 100 years

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

that was a heel stable?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

projecthalaxy posted:

McMahon/Austin drew money therefore we will never be free

Sometimes I think they fail to see that Austin/McMahon worked because McMahon would try all sorts of underhanded villainy because that's the only way he could best Austin, but Austin would always get his comeuppance.

Nowadays Triple H and Steph are the untouchable forces, and they're rarely made to look vulnerable to the detriment of the program.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mr. McMahon would also be involved in heel rosters that tried to be big deals that got people over, while these days, Steph and Hunter seem to mainly interact with the heels by emasculating or patronizing them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Mr. McMahon would also be involved in heel rosters that tried to be big deals that got people over, while these days, Steph and Hunter seem to mainly interact with the heels by emasculating or patronizing them.

The problem is that Steph and HHH have decided they are the top heels on the show as the vile Authority, but are also the top faces whom you love as NXT's proud parents. They are frequently both of these at once, and it doesn't work.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

The problem is that Steph and HHH have decided they are the top heels on the show as the vile Authority, but are also the top faces whom you love as NXT's proud parents. They are frequently both of these at once, and it doesn't work.

The Authority are a different alignment entirely. Their top associates are heels because they're corporate yes-men, but they'll screw over their own stooges to make a point and they've scolded their heel underlings for cheating before. They even support Cena because he's a moneymaker, and they reinstated Brock for the same reason. If a heel or face crosses them they'll book them in a surprise match where the odds are against them. They're not heels or faces necessarily, they've been telling you the whole time that they just try to present what's "best for business". Sometimes those business decisions are unpopular, and they'll personally beat it out of someone who goes against them if they have to. So yeah, they're heels because they have that "I tell you what to do because I say so and you better listen or else" thing, but they're not evil or scheming and they pander to crowds. Their motivations are greed and business expansion. So I'd say their alignment is neutral, but selfish. Or I guess Lawful Neutral if you want.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Tweener authority figures have a strong history as working as heels in main event story lines as shown by

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Bischoff was a great authority figure on Raw. He pandered to the heels, but there came a time where even he got sick of Evolution's poo poo. That son of a bitch is great as an on screen persona.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

The Authority are a different alignment entirely. Their top associates are heels because they're corporate yes-men, but they'll screw over their own stooges to make a point and they've scolded their heel underlings for cheating before. They even support Cena because he's a moneymaker, and they reinstated Brock for the same reason. If a heel or face crosses them they'll book them in a surprise match where the odds are against them. They're not heels or faces necessarily, they've been telling you the whole time that they just try to present what's "best for business". Sometimes those business decisions are unpopular, and they'll personally beat it out of someone who goes against them if they have to. So yeah, they're heels because they have that "I tell you what to do because I say so and you better listen or else" thing, but they're not evil or scheming and they pander to crowds. Their motivations are greed and business expansion. So I'd say their alignment is neutral, but selfish. Or I guess Lawful Neutral if you want.

it's so consistent and good that wrestling is hotter than it's ever been!!!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yagi is the only good authority figure because he doesn't give a gently caress.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Commissioner Foley was great.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dario Cueto does the "best for business" schtick so much better than HHH and Steph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dario Cueto does the "best for business" schtick so much better than HHH and Steph.

He really does. It's like he just wants to see people beat the poo poo out of each other.