Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Szcwczuk posted:

Ok now I need to see a pic of this thing what the gently caress kind of coffee robot costs that much and 5k more to install.

You sillies, they most likely didn't get a nice real semi auto or full commercial machine with a portafilter where you grind and tamp the shot yourself, they got some super automatic crap with a built in grinder and milk fridge.

https://www.wholelattelove.com/categories/commercial/commercial-espresso-machines?from=17865.0&sort=featured&to=22400.0

A portafilter machine requires a little effort and skill, and a seperate grinder of comparable quality and capacity. Does that sound like something CIG would want? :)

I'd wager they probably got a Rancilio Egro One Touch Top Milk, or something like it.

The stupid thing is, a ~$800 Rancilio Silvia with a PID and a ~$300 Rancilio Rocky grinder will make a superior espresso than ANY super automatic, even a $20,000 one. (It just can't handle volume for more than a couple people.)

I could be wrong, perhaps they did get a semi auto portafilter commercial machine, commercial grinder, and hired an on site professional barista to operate it. :mmmhmm:

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I ignore this thread for an afternoon and you idiots are talking about fancy $20,000 espresso machines what the god drat hell

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
As an expert on $20,000 fancy espresso machines, I...

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AP posted:

That's just normal stupidity which is perfectly understandable and something I'm sure you are quite familiar with. Feel free to explain the justifications behind telling people you raised more money that you did but don't expect a reply from me on that.

If I were CIG possibly having very few funds, failing schedule, and recently under criticism for having quite a lovely workplace, I'd do what I can to mitigate this to private investors (especially if I put an email on the site for them).

One of those would be to make sure the outside investors believe there is a large, continual demand for the product and that it hasn't saturated the target demographic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
star citizen has everything for everyone

gamergate, coffee chat, burger / chili chat, literal insane people, a fake game

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I used to love being a teenager living in my shamecube house and reading books and pumping iron taking shot after shot of espresso and pissing on the floor and loving the maid before leaving for work on-time as a crime lord.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm so PUMPED for Star Citizen the last thing I need is caffeine let me tell you

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

On the plus side if anyone wants a $20,000 espresso machine cheap and you're willing to wait about five months man are you ever in luck.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

On the plus side if anyone wants a $20,000 espresso machine cheap and you're willing to wait about five months man are you ever in luck.

i want to buy ben's beard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would he shave and sell it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its funny because this is very relevant to MGS right now.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

the next few pages should be us talking about star citizen like it released to confuse the people who jump in the thread and ask for a summary of everything that happened.

and since Star Citizen purports to be a pc game that means this thread should just be people posting their specs wondering why the game runs like poo poo and asking if anyone else has the same issue

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who here likes an anime

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My laptop wants to install an update and I cancelled it, gently caress yeah, living life on the edge over here

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Eonwe posted:

would he shave and sell it

He can't grow a beard.

It's collected.

Collected from employees. Employees who are now clean.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

IronicDongz posted:

why the gently caress are there multiple derek smart reddits

Because it's the closest thing to a game they have.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Derek Smart is a CYOA game and every option is <Be a Fuckwit>

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
I wonder how much they spent on fancy company cars.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
If you are feeling confident that this entire thing is going to Derek Smart's plan, I read something in the Brown Sea that really shake your confidence...

quote:

"5. By striking back at Escapist, Ortwin gets to frame the narrative. If he only focuses on the insults to Sandi, it keeps CIG's finances out of the equation, which declaws the bulk of what Escapist (and hewhoshallnotbenamed) agenda. They desperately want to derail SC, but they made a HUGE mistake when they crossed the line and personally attacked Sandi. It's like they wanted to keep adding chips to the pot, well past the value of their hand, trying desperately to get CIG to take the bait, and in doing so they walked right into Ortwin's trap.

The man is a beast, an alpha shark in a pack of sharks. He's quiet, methodical, and ruthless. He's a rock star, and I can't wait to see what he does to these people."
"AlphaShark Vs Smartzilla". I'm really starting to thing Ortwin may have the upper hand here...

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Eonwe posted:

i want to buy ben's beard

Sandi's insistence on no hairy cooters probably stems from bring around that hairy vagina all day

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WhyteRyce posted:

Sandi's insistence on no hairy cooters probably stems from bring around that hairy vagina all day

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Dante80 posted:

:shrek:

some juicy stuff inside about Ortwins incompetence. It also seems like DSs dogs names are DE LA PEÑA & HOLIDAY.

The dog has its own web site.

http://dlphlaw.com/

Pic from one of their offices:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Haven't been keeping up with the thread but I enjoyed hearing abiut croberts wife calling people fuckers. Any other good juice on her?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Eonwe posted:

who here likes an anime

I heard when Derek Smart finishes his buy-out of Star Citizen he's gonna make it into an anime.

peter gabriel posted:

Derek Smart is a CYOA game and every option is <Be a Fuckwit>

If you told me 6 months ago I would be rooting for Derek Smart in a game industry internet flamewar...

I'd have said "oh so he's going to get involved in the Star Citizen disaster huh? Rad."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Klyith posted:

I heard when Derek Smart finishes his buy-out of Star Citizen he's gonna make it into an anime.

If you told me 6 months ago I would be rooting for Derek Smart in a game industry internet flamewar...

I'd have said "oh so he's going to get involved in the Star Citizen disaster huh? Rad."

i would watch a star citizen anime

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The not-cultists at Reddit are arguing that all of this is pretty obvious stuff. I'm inclined to disagree, as the introduction voiced over by Gary Oldman is pretty specific and the only time Oldman has been mentioned anywhere in the SC reddit was in this rumor leak. The other three (Star Marine footage, multicrew footage, and the cast reveal) aren't exactly hard to predict though.

What Smart really needs is something damning and obvious to prove his authenticity, like the name of the ship being revealed.

Possibly only a few employees may know that info, and leaking it would just make it more apparent who the whistleblower is.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
I have been reading this thread and its antecendents for more than a year and a half, and I just have to say:
Eonwe, are there more of those cute cartoon elephants?

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

no_recall posted:

Possibly only a few employees may know that info, and leaking it would just make it more apparent who the whistleblower is.

Only a few employees know the details of the next ship sale, but the entire office knows the financial details.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Republicanus posted:

I have been reading this thread and its antecendents for more than a year and a half, and I just have to say:

I don't know, I actually got the avatar from 'Ye Olde Fluffie Duckie's Newbie Avvie' topic in BYOB

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Anyways, the one lawyer Smart names specifically is Keith Cooper:

http://dlphlaw.com/attorneys/cooper.html

So I guess that's legal in his human form.

quote:

Keith L. Cooper is a business, entertainment and litigation attorney, assisting clients in transactional, copyright and trademark matters, as well as lawsuits.

Keith L. Cooper manages our Los Angeles office. Since beginning his practice in 1995, Mr. Cooper has represented clients in copyright and trademark matters, including acquisition, protection and licensing. His practice also entails negotiating and drafting entertainment agreements related to recording, merchandising, authorship, songwriting, production, management, distribution, contractor/works for hire, internet privacy and terms of use. Mr. Cooper has represented a range of clients, including music artists/performers, songwriters and arrangers, as well as actors, photographers and designers. He has also represented a number of businesses, including video game and software entities, a film production company, and clothing and art design companies.

Through the years, Mr. Cooper has established (or facilitated dissolution of) numerous corporations, LLC’S and Partnerships. He has drafted a variety of agreements, such as partnership, shareholder and operating agreements, as well as independent contractor, employment, disclosure and settlement contracts. He has also worked with clients on capital acquisition, contract drafting and negotiation, and has helped clients prepare business plans, private placement memoranda and other investor/disclosure documents. Additionally, since 2001, Mr. Cooper has dedicated a substantial percentage of his practice representing clients in litigation, including defamation and business disputes. He has also served as mediator.

Lastly, Mr. Cooper has significant direct experience in the entertainment industry. In 1999 he was Project Manager for the Recording Academy (GRAMMY Awards), where he implemented the inaugural Entertainment Law Initiative. Thereafter, he moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and co-founded a video streaming company. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Cooper worked at Geffen Records and Atlantic Records, and was the proprietor of a highly successful entertainment company promoting rock bands and clubs.

Education

Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1994
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1988

Memberships

State Bar of California
U. S. District Court, Central & Northern Districts
Beverly Hills Bar Assoc.
International Assoc. of Entertainment Lawyers
The Recording Academy, Advocacy Committee
California Lawyers for the Arts, Board of Directors

Honors

Guest Speaker: Business Issues for Bands, San Jose State University
Guest Speaker: Business Issues for Artists, (CLA Continuing Education Series)
Guest Speaker: Intellectual Property Protection, Conference of Creative Entrepreneur
Panelist: Live Music Performance Strategy, 28th Annual CLA Music Industry Seminar
Panelist: Licensing for Gaming, Motion Pictures and Television, Boalt Hall (Berkeley)
Moderator: Democratization of Music & Decline of Record Labels, Boalt Hall (Berkeley)
Moderator: Music Apps, IP licensing and the 360 Deal, Ex’pression College
Moot Court Judge, Hastings School of Law (2006 to present)
Constitutional Rights Foundation Trial Competition, Lincoln High Coach (2012 & 2013)
Chair of Entertainment, Arts and Sports Clinic (2nd and 3rd year, PSU law school)

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 7, 2015

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

WhyteRyce posted:

:xd:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

who here likes an anime

I love an anime.

krazysigmarite
Jun 18, 2011

Grimdark.

Dreams

Dreams happen now

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Dont post any of that again please thx

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Maldoror posted:

Anyways, the one lawyer Smart names specifically is Keith Cooper:

http://dlphlaw.com/attorneys/cooper.html

So I guess that's legal in his human form.
Vlad Putin moonlights as Derek Smart's lawyer?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Republicanus posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dreams

Dreams happen now

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

OhDearGodNo posted:

Like refusing to hire people with pubic hair?
why the gently caress do people keep saying things like this itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
did I miss something. did CIG put out a newsletter about pubes

• Locked thread