Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ruggan posted:

unfortunately this isnt dwarf fortress so we're probably out of luck
Doesn't that have a weird combat system where you can tear out an animals skull and beat it to death with its own skull?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...

Magmarashi posted:

How did you fit so many foundations along the length of the raft? I can't get more than a 3x3 to snap

There are only 3x3 foundations, with 1 missing for the rudder, the rest are stone ceilings with walls down the sides. If you are having trouble placing foundations, you can build a thatch ceiling where you want it, & then snap a foundation underneath it, & demolish the ceiling. The foundation will stay hanging in space as long as the one it's attached to laterally isn't destroyed.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

p0stal b0b posted:

There are only 3x3 foundations, with 1 missing for the rudder, the rest are stone ceilings with walls down the sides. If you are having trouble placing foundations, you can build a thatch ceiling where you want it, & then snap a foundation underneath it, & demolish the ceiling. The foundation will stay hanging in space as long as the one it's attached to laterally isn't destroyed.

Witchcraft and black magic, got it. I actually managed to force a 3x4 to work thanks to pillars and swearing at an argent that kept getting in the way

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Magmarashi posted:

Witchcraft and black magic, got it. I actually managed to force a 3x4 to work thanks to pillars and swearing at an argent that kept getting in the way

Swear based building mechanics in. Check.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Jackard posted:

Doesn't that have a weird combat system where you can tear out an animals skull and beat it to death with its own skull?

Nah, the act of removing the skull usually is enough to kill the critter before you can start swinging.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Coming Tuesday Wednesday Friday Soon

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
All right, you broke me, I'm back in.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

turtlecrunch posted:

Coming Tuesday Wednesday Friday Soon

Spanish Matlock posted:

All right, you broke me, I'm back in.

Both of these things are amazing!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Fantastic! Gotta wonder what kibble they're going to use though

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Jackard posted:

Fantastic! Gotta wonder what kibble they're going to use though

Sarco of course!

I don't really know.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Sarco of course!
:gonk:

I hope they keep doing the multipurpose eggs from smaller dinos, the dodo/dilo kibble is really nice.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It'll be Boa eggs. Hope you gathered them while they were bugged

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Now that I think about it, it'll probably be the newly released dimo eggs

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Jackard posted:

Now that I think about it, it'll probably be the newly released dimo eggs

Those already go to elk. Might end up double dipping I guess.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Double dipping is what I expected, because dimos are the perfect size for a farm animal and only using their eggs for elks is hilarious but not really

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Reddit posted:

recorded results of me jumping off a cliff. Apart from being kind of fun, I figured out what causes bodies to fall underground a bit better.

It's forward motion coupled with falling motion. If you jump off a cliff without sprinting, i.e. you fall straight down, you don't fall through the ground (and that's probably what got fixed). If you jump off a cliff while sprinting (or you get knocked unconscious/killed and get knocked backward and downward into the ground), the coupled forward motion and downward motion cause your body to slip through the ground. Screenshots of my findings here: http://m.imgur.com/a/38sbC
Can anyone confirm this?

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Don't recall this being posted yet but uh, server 82 might be seeing a fireworks show soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmVCsf6Kk7U

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
82 Saw fireworks last night after I found 20 flare guns in a supply crate.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
So apparently you can put a couple catwalks off the back of the new Quaz saddle, and put a bed on the end of it, and clip the bed through peoples houses and fast travel into bases.

Youll be naked and unable to do much, but things like fridges are able to be griefed, and if anything is not pin coded it can too.

MrDewitt
Sep 2, 2015

OlmanRiver posted:

So apparently you can put a couple catwalks off the back of the new Quaz saddle, and put a bed on the end of it, and clip the bed through peoples houses and fast travel into bases.

Youll be naked and unable to do much, but things like fridges are able to be griefed, and if anything is not pin coded it can too.

Didn't they fix that with the bronto saddle? That's why you can't spawn on your bed if your bronto is too close to the enemy base.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's going to be funny when Dewitt falls through the bird every time he spawns while it's in the air.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 6, 2015

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
Well, new patch hit on the same day they expected, which is new.

The new bird needs Rex kibble and seems to have a longer tame time, which is mostly expected.

The new machined rifle isn't cheap and takes 115 polymer, 80 ingots, and 110 paste. The new bullets seem to be around as expensive as the simple rifle rounds which isn't awful I guess. The tranq darts need 3 narcs, 3 ingots, and 3 simple rifle rounds. I'll mess around with it later today but I'm sorta doubtful it'll be useful enough to risk carrying around over a good simple rifle.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Rex? I had heard it needed Ptero kibble

http://arkforum.de/index.php/Thread/1706-218-0-Erste-Eindruecke-Quetzalcoatlus-und-Sattelplattform-Screenshots-Video-Mate/
http://arkforum.de/index.php/Thread/1707-218-0-Erste-Eindruecke-Snipergewehr-Betaeubungspfeile-Snipermunition-Screenshots/

German forum has some pictures and videos up with the new stuff.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Rex kibble would be loving asinine, at least Ptera is a logical progression

Germans posted:

Transportable are by the way, everything up to the size of Carno and Stego. So Rex, paracetamol, Bronto except etc are
oh thank god

Jackard fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 6, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sounds like it is Rex. And fucktons of it.

For a 120 on a normal server 114 kibble and 5 hours. 8.5h with primes, 25 hours with raw meat.

If you're going the raw meat route, you'll need 2600 narcotics. Only 533 with kibble tho! :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Azhais posted:

2600 narcotics and 25 hours with raw meat.
And that's 25 hours of handfeeding since they haven't even added narcotic-laced meat yet :psypop:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Sounds fun and balanced.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Watching a couple streamers, the quetzal has a ton of hp, is quite fast, and the level 76 bird the streamer had had 1560 weight.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard posted:

loving asinine

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Jackard posted:

And that's 25 hours of handfeeding since they haven't even added narcotic-laced meat yet :psypop:

Is narcotic-laced meat for sure happening at some point in the future? Coz then I wouldn't really give two shits about idiotic taming times or want/need to play on a 2x taming server.

\/ Awesome.

kedo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 6, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Narco meat was confirmed by a dev in a digest or something

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I popped into singleplayer, spawned a 120 quetzal, leveled it to 234 (with the console commands), and specced it out for a mobile foundry/smithy. It's got two forges, a mortar and pestle, a bed, and a smithy on it. Stats:
14009 health
2562 stamina
407% melee (I didn't touch this, that was just what it leveled up to naturally)
170% move speed
3009 weight

Obviously I could've gone for a straight fighter build that would've focused much more heavily on health, stamina, and melee, but I was wondering how much I could get them to carry without making it super squishy.

Basically, Quetzals are amazing. They're not as fast as a Pteranodon or Argentavis, but they're god damned tanks that can airlift mammoths while having a mobile base on their back. I thought having a Paraceratherium for a mobile foundry was cool, but this is both faster AND more convenient AND I still have room to slap more poo poo on there. I could probably work in a generator and a turret or two.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 6, 2015

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Pooping doesn't seem to work right now. No one on my server can get any poop. Worst patch.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Gonkish posted:

I popped into singleplayer, spawned a 120 quetzal, leveled it to 234 (with the console commands), and specced it out for a mobile foundry/smithy. It's got two forges, a mortar and pestle, a bed, and a smithy on it. Stats:
14009 health
2562 stamina
407% melee (I didn't touch this, that was just what it leveled up to naturally)
170% move speed
3009 weight

Obviously I could've gone for a straight fighter build that would've focused much more heavily on health, stamina, and melee, but I was wondering how much I could get them to carry without making it super squishy.

Basically, Quetzals are amazing. They're not as fast as a Pteranodon or Argentavis, but they're god damned tanks that can airlift mammoths while having a mobile base on their back. I thought having a Paraceratherium for a mobile foundry was cool, but this is both faster AND more convenient AND I still have room to slap more poo poo on there. I could probably work in a generator and a turret or two.

I am guessing that it's going to be rather easy to just fly under the turrets mounted on back and rip it apart with a ptera, though. Or take potshots from the ground. Can't park the thing indoors which also makes it a sitting target for raids. Imagine kiting that thing across the map and into some turrets, haha.

Maybe build a big fuckoff hangar for it? I don't think you could even figure out the supports to make that possible.

I'm just envisioning naked piking one of these to death ala the Citadel rexes. Oh man, the tears that would cause. "I SPENT AN ALL NIGHTER TAMING THAT THING!!!!"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ruggan posted:

I am guessing that it's going to be rather easy to just fly under the turrets mounted on back and rip it apart with a ptera, though. Or take potshots from the ground. Can't park the thing indoors which also makes it a sitting target for raids. Imagine kiting that thing across the map and into some turrets, haha.

Maybe build a big fuckoff hangar for it? I don't think you could even figure out the supports to make that possible.

I'm just envisioning naked piking one of these to death ala the Citadel rexes. Oh man, the tears that would cause. "I SPENT AN ALL NIGHTER TAMING THAT THING!!!!"

Why can't you park it indoors? You can land your bird, and then its just an enclosed behemoth gate. All you need are floor tiles to make the ceiling

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Azhais posted:

Why can't you park it indoors? You can land your bird, and then its just an enclosed behemoth gate. All you need are floor tiles to make the ceiling

It's probably smaller than I imagined. I guess you're right - it'll probably fit through a behemoth no problem.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Most people interested in taming have this memorized, but I thought this was kind of cute:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ruggan posted:

It's probably smaller than I imagined. I guess you're right - it'll probably fit through a behemoth no problem.

It definitely fits through a behemoth without issue, even while flying. You can definitely park it indoors (thankfully).

I suspect you're right about being able to LOS the guns, though. I mean, the belly is a huge, massive target and I suspect a bird or ptera can sit down there all day long just ripping it to shreds.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

If the warring tribes on my server get this bird, which sure as hell my tribe can't were done. This with turrets and support will wreck the hell outta us. And were sure as hell not able nor on enough to tame rexs for eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://imgur.com/a/oln6C

So flying Brontos are a thing.