Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

THE NOSE IS BACK
But what's with the hair?

Also should Toriko really be preoccupied when fighting Guiness? Especially after he just landed that mean punch

Oh, hey! You captured Don Slime! Oh, what am I up to? Oh, not much, not much. Just punched one of the Eight Kings in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shugojin posted:

Oh, hey! You captured Don Slime! Oh, what am I up to? Oh, not much, not much. Just punched one of the Eight Kings in the face.

"Hm? 'Should you hang up?' Nah, it's cool, I can talk."

I can't wait for cooking showdown flashbacks.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
So time had to be different inside the whale right? Komatsu's hair is to his ankles and Yun is a full grown wall penguin now. That picture of everyone is pretty great though, Don Slime looks awesome with that giant fork on his back.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Batmasterson posted:

So time had to be different inside the whale right? Komatsu's hair is to his ankles and Yun is a full grown wall penguin now. That picture of everyone is pretty great though, Don Slime looks awesome with that giant fork on his back.

Maybe they tried ANOTHER and time is the effect like AIR and seeing into space, etc.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Who's the women sitting on the penguin next to warden love?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

The way the pacing's been going lately I don't think I could bring myself to be surprised if they jump cut to final boss > series end next chapter. Or any given chapter. It's so weird.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Andarel posted:

The way the pacing's been going lately I don't think I could bring myself to be surprised if they jump cut to final boss > series end next chapter. Or any given chapter. It's so weird.

It'll end at 350 I bet. The pacing doesn't make any sense, he's clearly been told to wrap it up.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Toriko has never been a huge performer for Shonen Jump, right? Such a dang shame.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

Toriko has never been a huge performer for Shonen Jump, right? Such a dang shame.

I mean it's been in the middle for a while but Toriko himself has been in the foreground of the big character covers for years now and that's typically where the really popular series' characters go.

I DUNNO

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shugojin posted:

I mean it's been in the middle for a while but Toriko himself has been in the foreground of the big character covers for years now and that's typically where the really popular series' characters go.

I DUNNO

WSJ really tried to push Toriko hard to fill the gap in the lineup as Naruto was wrapping up and Bleach was in decline at the time but it didn't quite stick.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
What kinda blackmail does Kubo Tite have on Jump editors? BLEACH keeps going down and down in ranks and yet it keeps going on and on and on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Batmasterson posted:

Another was the ingredient Joa said takes like 100,000 years to cook. So yes there's presumably some time dilation going on.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

TNG posted:

What kinda blackmail does Kubo Tite have on Jump editors? BLEACH keeps going down and down in ranks and yet it keeps going on and on and on.

I just assume the volumes sell okay because of everyone like all us poor bleach thread posters who keep reading it out of sheer resignation at this point

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

TNG posted:

It's been on the final arc for a while. I predict it will end sometime in 2016.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

That is surely too optimistic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Shut up! They wont cancel Toriko!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Interesting thing to note. Jirou's name means wolf and he uses an attack called Guiness punch. How much you want to bet he's some kind of descendant from a battle wolf?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
There there, little one. Toriko won't get canceled, it'll go out to the weekly manga in the countryside where there ain't no popularity polls, ain't no deadlines. Just adoring readers, far as the eye can see...

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Toriko just has a LOT of poo poo to cover and is going at rocket speed, it's not going to end anytime soon! Don't put that evil on me!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lol at the giant tits Nono now has

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

THE NOSE IS BACK
But what's with the hair?

Also should Toriko really be preoccupied when fighting Guiness? Especially after he just landed that mean punch

Has a month or so actually passed? There was that cooking area field that was being talked about that slowed down time so you could cook the phantasmal foods like Another in a shorter ammount of time, maybe everyone hopped in and started helping?

Also holy poo poo, Yun is huge now, Rin looks like an actual chick, Komatsu has his nose back, Wabutora with the Fumanchu/beard, and Maskless Love.

Also, Don Slime has a crown of silverware.

I'm not too sure that I like Starjyunn apparently being on a much lower rung of power than Toriko at this point

There better be flashbacks.

Seebach fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 8, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
a second wave of puberty has hit toriko

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
the manga did what the anime did, but uh... less troll dolls?

e; but yeah i really loving hope this is some sort of psych out, i feel like this series is a half joke on standard shonen sometimes

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 8, 2015

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Man, it would really suck if all of this is just wrapping up and won't get the proper time to finish itself right, but then again this chapter did fill in a little bit of what happened when Toriko went to get Komatsu back which was glossed over at the start of the timeskip...so who knows.

TNG fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 8, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
doesn't the fact it got an anime mean its pretty popular so unlikely to be forced to finish asap

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Jose posted:

doesn't the fact it got an anime mean its pretty popular so unlikely to be forced to finish asap

did you see what they did to the anime?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

If the anime was still going maybe.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, this comic's falling apart with astonishing speed and I'd be shocked if there weren't some editor fiat for him to hurry it up and finish. Big reveals like Acacia's Course are getting carpet-bombed within a few pages, characters are blipping in and out of nowhere, we hustled through the main villains' Big Motivation in half a chapter, and now this.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Yeah, it definitely feels like it's wrapping up. I have no clue why, but too much stuff is getting to the endgame way too quickly.

Very sad to see, whatever the reason.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

DiggityDoink posted:

did you see what they did to the anime?

What did they do wrong with the anime anyway? The only difference I noticed is less blood, but people act like its the worst adaptation ever made.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

What did they do wrong with the anime anyway? The only difference I noticed is less blood, but people act like its the worst adaptation ever made.

They gave a, uh, different ending to the Cooking Festival arc.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Wasn't that because the anime was cancelled?

It's not like it swerved into an alternate ending for almost the entire run like FMA, its only the last couple episodes.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The anime was fine until the last twenty or thirty episodes, where it looked as if the budget was halved. Hell, I even liked the filler episodes.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
there was an entirely filler character whose job was to be the bystander in fights and admire/explain what's going on.

you know, a second, komatsu. except annoying, and poorly written

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Death Bot posted:

there was an entirely filler character whose job was to be the bystander in fights and admire/explain what's going on.

you know, a second, komatsu. except annoying, and poorly written

It was to lower the gay undertones. Luckily they realized their mistake and cut her from the main story. She also stole Yuda's food measuring gimmick.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh yeah I forgot about that whole character :cripes:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, it definitely feels like it's wrapping up. I have no clue why, but too much stuff is getting to the endgame way too quickly.

Very sad to see, whatever the reason.

Toriko's was probably a victim of the expectations thrust upon it as the battle shonen to fill in the spot that was to be left behind by Naruto. Unfortunately, it's probably not as popular as they expected and now they're going to just push it out the door as they continue to look for their next hit and try to continue to glory age of having Naruto, One Piece and Bleach all running at full quality. HxH and Togashi being what it is also doesn't help seeing as it could help shore up sales. Jump just needs to deal with not having such good series right now and let their current series run as necessary.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I don't read them but aren't Assassination Classroom and My Hero Academia also WSJ series that are doing really well?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

AnonSpore posted:

I don't read them but aren't Assassination Classroom and My Hero Academia also WSJ series that are doing really well?

I believe they're doing well, they're both very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah they are, but MHA is just past its first year or so and is still figuring some stuff out, and Assassination Classroom is heading into its final arc because it was always going to be exactly one school year in-story and no more.

• Locked thread