Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Iridium posted:

Mentioned the author on twitter. Among a handful of whiiteknights cropping up, he responded to say he's heard no more refunds happening.

Which means a lot of chargebacks are about to happen.

lol if that is true shits hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Agrajag posted:

lol if that is true shits hosed

he didn't offer any other evidence than that so let's not assume anything yet, but, yeah.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CashEnsign posted:

How do you have a 2007 reg date but still post like this is r/starcitizen?

Maybe goons are selling jpegs and SA accounts on reddit

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Agrajag posted:

hahaha holy poo poo is this doofus for real?

I dunno man, he threatened to BLOCK someone. That's some really heavy duty poo poo right there. I mean... Wow. He's got me scared about saying mean things about Star Shitiz... Oh gently caress, I mean Citizen, please don't block me Maltag for being mean about your hero's magnum opus.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Oh fuuuuck, I think he BLOCKED me :qq:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maltag posted:

You don't know anything about me. However you seem to have purchased an avatar about this game and read this 9000 page thread filled with idiots arguing about coffee.

What is wrong with your brain?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Nation posted:

if thats true poo poo is fuckedddd
I wouldn't trust one tweet on this. Sandi / other senior leaders must approve refunds, and they're getting their Citizen Con on -- so this may be temporary (or false).

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I said come in! posted:

What is wrong with your brain?

I think you and peter gabriel should get together and make like a club

like the Cool Cat Committee.. yeah three c's work.. I tried it with K's and it just had icky undertones.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
They have to refund in the EU, they don't have a choice, they also have to do it within 14 days of a firm request.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I wouldn't trust one tweet on this. Sandi / other senior leaders must approve refunds, and they're getting their Citizen Con on -- so this may be temporary (or false).

Been waiting for a refund for 15 days now. Sent my confirmation in to the "are you sure" email just over a week ago.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

G0RF posted:

like everything to do with this whole affair!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Roflan posted:

All this talk of ponzi schemes along with all the obviously willing targets makes me think I should start a gaming related one... What is the most underserved niche genre?

Bitcoin

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

You can buy drugs with bitcoin.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Maltag posted:

Stop talking to mirrors, lol. you have been owned, do not reply to me again or you will be blocked.

Lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'll just quote AP so that Maltag will be forced to read it, even if he has him blocked.

Oh, and then Maltag will have to block two people. And then the four who quote us, then the 16 ...

EVERYTHING ABOUT STAR CITIZEN IS A PONZI SCHEME

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

StarCoin. You dont even need to make a hash algorithm or anything, just sell them pictures of the coin.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Star Shitizens are dumber than buttcoiners, at least buttcoins are supposed to be worth something.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

sorla78 posted:

Interesting, what's lacking with Wasteland 2 if you want to elaborate? I basically waited it out - might delve into it with the uncut version or whatever it is called.

There's nothing missing but it is pretty literally Wasteland 2; i.e. it is Wasteland with a new story and better graphics. What this means is that the game has all the same anachronistic design choices that the original game did, back from before what constituted "good" RPG mechanics had been refined.

The upshot being that the game can feel clunky, confusing with lots of redundant parts which makes it feel unbalanced and unpolished. The go to example of this is "lockpicking"; where modern games will have, usually, a single lockpicking skill that you can dump skill points into Wasteland 2 has, from memory, five.

Ultimately if what you really want is another Wasteland game then you will get another Wasteland game warts and all, if what you really wanted was another Fallout 1/2 or Baldur's Gate in a post-apocalyptic wasteland then you will be if not dissapointed then underwhelmed.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Don't be silly. You don't make money joining a ponzi scheme, you make it by creating one... I know! I'll say that people will get money in some nebulous way, other than from me, if they give me money. Or that if they're sick they'll get better over time, if they send me money.

I've seen that one work before.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.sagaftra.org/sag-aftra-interactive-media-video-game-agreement-strike-authorization-results

A strike with the videogame voice actors is now possible. See you in the Verse in 2018!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Star Shitizens are dumber than buttcoiners, at least buttcoins are supposed to be worth something.

Oh man, you're totally hosed. Maltag is DEF blocking you.

OK, I think I'm done ridiculing that loving moron. Back to business.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
CHRIStmas is coming early this year boys!

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Iridium posted:

Mentioned the author on twitter. Among a handful of whiiteknights cropping up, he responded to say he's heard no more refunds happening.

Which means a lot of chargebacks are about to happen.

I was just issued my refund this morning actually.

Edit: Maybe not. They requested a shitton of information and confirmations from me that I understand their refund process and asked where to send it, etc...but in a quick re-read the language is still vaguely non-committal about the actual granting of the refund.

MrDorf fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 8, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

kordansk posted:

CHRIStmas is coming early this year boys!

:vince:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

They have to refund in the EU, they don't have a choice, they also have to do it within 14 days of a firm request.
If the run on the CIG bank really gets rolling, it's hilarious to picture American spergs forced to go to the back of the line due to better consumer protection laws in Europe. Oh how they will rage...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

MrDorf posted:

Do you mind saying where it came from?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

MrDorf posted:

can you tell us what company the funds came from? just curious.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I just checked my credit card and my refund has been processed.

Thank you Skoll for revealing the secrets of the refund to jabber and motivating me to pull my cash out.

Edit: Also the refund just came from Cloud Imperium Games CA, so nothing exciting there.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Edit: Also the refund just came from Cloud Imperium Games CA, so nothing exciting there.

What did I miss? What are the possible places that a refund can come from that's of any interest?

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

What did I miss? What are the possible places that a refund can come from that's of any interest?

I'm assuming the answer is "follow the money".

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
Wow, I didn't follow SC's development for awhile, it's all gone down the shitter huh?

I had a feeling this would happen. :v:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
twin bros gmbh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Madcosby posted:

Some refunds are coming from the lawyer dudes shell company in germany.

e-Maybe it depends on where you bought the game? Like europeans might get them from twin bros?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Someone should start a google spreadsheet accounting user location and refund location. I'm honestly curious.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I'm in the UK and my refund was from Roberts Space Industries International Limited

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Madcosby posted:

"Ortwin F's PayPal" or some crap has been noted here before as a refund source.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

G0RF posted:

Bullshit.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
At my office we used to have these huge starbucks coffee machines, that they filled with unground beans every day, and when you wanted it a cup it would grind them and brew it and it took forever and was so good. then like 5 years ago they replaced them with Keurigs and I'm still not over it.

edit: then they replaced the keurigs with tassamos or some poo poo. which were so much worse they brought back the keurigs

cawfee talk
VVVVVVVV

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 8, 2015

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

600 new posts? poo poo son. What'd i miss.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

for reals?

Xaerael posted:

Someone should start a google spreadsheet accounting user location and refund location. I'm honestly curious.

for reals.

• Locked thread