Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If you like that you should check out the official Sonic twitter @sonic_hedgehog, that thing turned into a meme machine a few months back.

Sonic is a pointless meme machine? How could this have happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Right around the time Mario characters started throwing around bigoted slurs, I guess.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Freaking a Tv and Lust showed off the Dreamcast theme on his Japanese 3ds a few months ago and I was hoping they would pop up here eventually.

That dreamcast theme is really cute. Also, wow. Level5 didn't gently caress around with the elaborate Yokai Watch menu diorama.

I'm tentatively excited about Yokai Watch. The gameplay videos I've seen are pretty promising, with the active time-like battle system, and the way you have to kind of hunt down your youkai in urban environments. It looks like a more lighthearted babby's first SMT, which I could definitely get into.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Right around the time Mario characters started throwing around bigoted slurs, I guess.

Do you mean Bowser in Mario Kart? Or is there something else i'm missing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Don't toy with me, Sega. I want that Dreamcast theme reeeeeal bad.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Morter posted:

He means Bowser in Mario Kart.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Morter posted:

#WiggerWednesday

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

:flower:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fawf posted:

#WiggerWednesday

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Meme Machine

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Morter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCh2l0J1uJk

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
North Americans, the wait is almost ogre! SmileBASIC, $10, October 15: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/eYURHNjVdfyrnA3OJGfmlMYIrJUzgOcv

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

North Americans, the wait is almost ogre! SmileBASIC, $10, October 15: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/eYURHNjVdfyrnA3OJGfmlMYIrJUzgOcv

I'm so loving happy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Heck yes. Pardon my language.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

Do I want this? I can't remember. I think I'll rationalize this as a "support" purchase since I bought the first and couldn't get into it but I like seeing neat things like this.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 8):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    STARWHAL - €9.99 / £8.99
    Whispering Willows - €9.99 / £7.99
WII DOWNLOADS FOR WII U
    Mario Sports Mix - €14.99 / £13.49 until October 15, standard price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Golf (N64) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Pocky & Rocky with Becky (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Dig Dug 2 (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 until October 10
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until October 10
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until October 15
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 until October 22

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - €4.99 / £4.49
    Toy Stunt biker - €2.99 / £2.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until October 22
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 until October 22
    Retro City Rampage (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until October 22
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30October 8.

NA update (week of October 8):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Whispering Willows - $9.99
    Perpetual Blast - $3.99
    RACE THE SUN - $10.00
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pocky & Rocky with Beck (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Runbow, get 30% off "select Wii U and 3DS eShop games"! - ends October 22
    Extreme Exorcism (Wii U eShop) - 15% discount for those with the nindies@home demo, ends October 24
    Freedom Planet (Wii U eShop) - 15% discount for those with the nindies@home demo, ends November 1
    Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - $11.99 until October 10
    Trine 2 Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - $8.99 until October 10
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until October 15
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" from October 5-19
    Midnight (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until October 22

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash! - $29.99 (October 9)
    Legend of Legacy - $39.99 (October 13)
    Goosebumps: The Game - $29.99 (October 13)
    The Smurfs - $29.99 (October 13)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $5.99\
3DS THEMES
    Chibi Robo & Friends - $?
    Sega Game Gear Theme - $?
    Sega Genesis Theme - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Runbow, get 30% off "select Wii U and 3DS eShop games"! - ends October 22
    Cooking Mama 5 (3DS) - "on sale" from October 12-19
    Gardening Mama (3DS) - "on sale" from October 12-19
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $14.99 until October 19
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until October 19
    Yugioh Zexal World Duel Carnival (3DS) - $9.99 until October 21
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until October 22
    Retro City Rampage (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until October 22
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - $3.49 until October 24
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) - $9.99 from October 12-26
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until November 8

NA dudes, note the Runbow promo - owning Runbow will get you a 30% discount on "select Wii U/3DS games" that they didn't bother to list. Runbow has playable characters from pretty much all the big eShop games and I imagine they'll be the ones discounted.

PAL dudes:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I am kinda tempted to pick up Cooking Mama 5 and/or that Yugioh game. Anyone have any experience with either?

(Why does Yugioh get like three new games per year and we're still waiting on a new pokemon TCG game...)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

wall monitor posted:

I am kinda tempted to pick up Cooking Mama 5 and/or that Yugioh game. Anyone have any experience with either?

Cooking Mama is Cooking Mama. There's nothing new about it, but it's fun for kids and even a few adults.

The last YuGiOh game on the 3DS I heard was dreadful and I think that's the one on sale.

wall monitor posted:

(Why does Yugioh get like three new games per year and we're still waiting on a new pokemon TCG game...)

Uh, that is a thing that exists, just not on Nintendo consoles. PC and iPad-only. The Wii U version that I always hoped for never materialized.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ooh, Legend of Legacy looks neat.

Who knows, it might be a jRPG I'll actually finish for o--who am I kidding :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

wall monitor posted:

Has no multiplayer and it's pretty outdated by now. Its main thing is silly storylines with all the characters of the show, but they cut off like two thirds of them for the english release to save money.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Morter posted:

Ooh, Legend of Legacy looks neat.

Who knows, it might be a jRPG I'll actually finish for o--who am I kidding :negative:

Try the demo the writing and world is drat boring.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Mario Sports Mix bad

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Junkie Disease posted:

Try the demo the writing and world is drat boring.

This is the same feeling I got. Also the battle tactics/rules weren't explained very well.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Ragequit posted:

This is the same feeling I got. Also the battle tactics/rules weren't explained very well.

Good to know I wasn't the only one bored by the setting. Which is a shame since the art looks so nice and has a nifty being in a story book aesthetic. poo poo even the concept art is more thrilling then playing the actual game.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Mario Sports Mix bad

Yes

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Aww poo poo, here comes Pac-Man!

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Citizens of Earth looks like a bad Earthbound clone. Is it?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cliff posted:

It's not bad but it's nowhere near Earthbound's level.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The "Friends of Runbow" promotion is for both regions; here are the games that are eligible for a discount if you own Runbow:

Chariot (Wii U)
The Fall (Wii U)
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition (Wii U)
Azure Striker Gunvolt (Nintendo 3DS)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
SteamWorld Dig (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U)
Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U)
Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U)
Teslagrad (Wii U)
Xeodrifter (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
Scram Kitty (Wii U)
Sportball (Wii U)

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I think I remember hearing something about how one version or another of Devil Survivor is maybe not the best or something. Is this $10 one worth it?

Edit: Also, what's the over-under on a good deal for the N3DS happening sometime soon?

Meldonox fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 9, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The PAL version of Devil Survivor Overclocked got hosed during localisation but the version that's on sale now is fine.

By the way, Sega confirmed they'd be bringing over all the hardware menu themes for 3DS; they haven't dated them, but here's the release order for the remaining themes:

Sega Master System
Sega Mark III
Sega Saturn
Hi-Tech Sega
Sega SG-1000
Sega Dreamcast

(that's for NA; the themes are also confirmed for PAL-land but there's no ETA or order for the PAL releases.)

The themes aren't exactly the same as the ones Japan got - compare the JP Megadrive theme to the NA Genesis theme that was released today:

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
It's a really good game. I'm generally not a fan of tactical rpgs, but I've played over 40 hours and would say that I like it about as much as P3. Expect some grinding and multiple playthroughs.

It freezes under specific circumstances but turning off the wifi seems to solve the issue.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

The PAL version of Devil Survivor Overclocked got hosed during localisation but the version that's on sale now is fine.

By the way, Sega confirmed they'd be bringing over all the hardware menu themes for 3DS; they haven't dated them, but here's the release order for the remaining themes:

Sega Master System
Sega Mark III
Sega Saturn
Hi-Tech Sega
Sega SG-1000
Sega Dreamcast

(that's for NA; the themes are also confirmed for PAL-land but there's no ETA or order for the PAL releases.)

The themes aren't exactly the same as the ones Japan got - compare the JP Megadrive theme to the NA Genesis theme that was released today:

Gotta say I prefer the JP Megadrive theme to the US one. But that's just because I prefer the JP aesthetics over the US' Black & Chrome.

I'm sure the Master System one will be really ugly, the Saturn one will have the US/EU Boot Jingle instead of the Japanese one but other than that they should be the same otherwise.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Yes! I might actually get the Genesis theme, if only because I like the US Sega CD boot/load music so much. It's just so...90s.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Cliff posted:

I bought the game yesterday for 3DS and it comes off like a well-designed RPGmaker game. The game was patched back in April, so lots of bugs have been cleared out, but my hangup is that it still feels in need of optimization. The screen clips a tiny bit as you walk across the map, and the load screens are like a faster version of the original Resident Evil. Dialog is fully voice acted, but I turned off the voice audio and have been enjoying reading everything. Small issues aside, the challenge level is fair, especially if you wander from the story's rails or outright increase the game's difficulty for greater EXP and loot (or the reverse!). I'm in the area beyond the first city so far, and the first city is highly reminiscent of Earthbound, right down to police roadblocks in your way, bakery goods used as healing items, use of a ruler in combat, and having to clear a bunch of local baddies from the area by beating a man in a red suit. The Suikoden-esque ability to recruit just about everyone you meet (always via sidequests) is pretty cool, and the humor goes a long way toward making the play mechanics palatable, I just need to see the story grow into something eventually.

For $5? I'm satisfied.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

You take that back! I play Pac-Man 256 every day on my pad and it is the dog's bollocks power pellets.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

I listen to this and keep thinking it's just going to bust out the MacGyver theme song, which would actually be pretty rad.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sega Master System
Sega Mark III
Sega Saturn
Hi-Tech Sega
Sega SG-1000
Sega Dreamcast

Oh yes

Also hey person asking about classic dungeon-crawling-type games on the 3DS- might not fit exactly what you were thinking about but ya might find Crimson Shroud charming. It seeks to recreate the experience of playing a pen-and-paper RPG.

Woooops wrong thread but hey maybe check it out anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIZL-hEo1Jg

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 9, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wow we're finally getting that dreamcast theme, that's excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does the Genesis 3ds theme play the whole Sega CD song or just loop the first part over and over?

edit: just saw this
@Natsume_Inc
@MegaFlare0 Nintendo have moved on from Game Boy games. If it's a Natsume game not out now, it's not coming.
https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/652146047691546624

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 9, 2015