Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

goatface posted:

Animal abuse of that magnitude would never be allowed on the BBC.

Oh, I don't know. They've been pretty lax on child abuse over the past few decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TomViolence posted:

Oh, I don't know. They've been pretty lax on child abuse over the past few decades.

OH HO HO!

Zing!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I wonder why they moved The Apprentice to autumn.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Why is there a rejected Noel Fielding clone wandering around on the Great British Menu?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

CherryCat posted:

Why is there a rejected Noel Fielding clone wandering around on the Great British Menu?

Gotta do something now that Buzzcocks is over I suppose.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

crispix posted:

I wonder why they moved The Apprentice to autumn.

Originally got moved when Sralan became Lord Sugar and was made the business tsar, and it might've been impartial to broadcast it because he was advising the government or something, and it started in October last year because of the World Cup and Commonwealth Games. gently caress knows why this year though.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

CherryCat posted:

Was he the one serving fish and chips on pieces of "art" he made instead of cooking? Christ, I hated that oval office and his stupid tattoos and stupid white blazer.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
He looked like the disgruntled son from one of the anthill mob, who skipped leg day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What is it about everyone on Couples (and presumably normal) Come Dine With Me being shown cleaning their kitchen on every episode? Do the producers think we'll presume they're cooking in grime if we don't see that? Or do they have some cleaning solution sponsor I don't see?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Is anyone doing an Apprentice thread?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

crispix posted:

Is anyone doing an Apprentice thread?

Paged Rarity, the only competent poster from the apprentice threads.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Um excuse me, I'm somewhat of an Apprentice thread legend having successfully forecast the winner several times.

But yeah rarity should do it

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Um excuse me, I'm somewhat of an Apprentice thread legend having successfully forecast the winner several times.

Only if she does it in the style of her GoT OPs.

I may have made that joke last year.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Only if she does it in the style of her GoT OPs.

I may have made that joke last year.

Ive checked my notebook and you only made a request for Apprentice Bingo last year

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

Apparently Rarity can't do it so WELL DONE OP I guess.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Bogmonster posted:

Was he the one serving fish and chips on pieces of "art" he made instead of cooking? Christ, I hated that oval office and his stupid tattoos and stupid white blazer.

I'd booked a table at his restaurant before that show started and he's just won a Michelin star so the prices will have gone up (it was really expensive already as well).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khablam posted:

Apparently Rarity can't do it so WELL DONE OP I guess.

I have a job and a social life now :colbert:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

I have a job and a social life now :colbert:

If you're going to lie, at least make it a believable one

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I don't mind making one, if nobody else is... traditional. :/

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
If you're going to do it do it well because I like the individual pictures and thoughts, make sure to watch all their profiles.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

If you're going to lie, at least make it a believable one

Sorry I'm too cool for you now Taff :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

EL BROMANCE posted:

What is it about everyone on Couples (and presumably normal) Come Dine With Me being shown cleaning their kitchen on every episode? Do the producers think we'll presume they're cooking in grime if we don't see that? Or do they have some cleaning solution sponsor I don't see?

Had to go out so I only saw the first couple of episodes but there was a Come Dine with Me on earlier where I'm 90% sure one of the guests was Enid Blyton. I've actually recorded it just so I can see her day, quite strange.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 13, 2015

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

The Big Taff Man posted:

If you're going to do it do it well because I like the individual pictures and thoughts, make sure to watch all their profiles.

Why don't you do it then, Demandy McFussypants? :mad:

e: I honestly don't have the time for that I'm afraid. I will leave it to someone else to start a thread with a poo poo OP and get told off by Taff.

crispix fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 13, 2015

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Am I the only one that watched and thoroughly enjoyed Harvest 2015 on the BBC tonight?

Because it was awesome and they're doing another one tomorrow and Thursday :love:

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe it's when they need some filler. I mean, you can only stretch the footage of the host assembling a prawn cocktail so far. God that show is weirdly hypnotic though. I could watch it all day.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Last night I watched half of River, which seems to be a show about an old man cop (he's got shelves filled with LPs, and needed his young partner to set up a television for him) but he's schizophrenic. Or maybe psychic, I'm not sure. He's constantly seeing dead people, which is obviously a help when you're trying to solve their murder. And Eddie Marsan as some waxed moustached Victorian psycho. Everything about it seemed very off, like we're not meant to sympathize with the mean boss because he thinks that a constantly hallucinating DI should be off the streets.
e: oh, it's a new thing! I sorta thought it was Season 2 of something. When was the last good BBC drama?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Junior G-man posted:

Am I the only one that watched and thoroughly enjoyed Harvest 2015 on the BBC tonight?

Because it was awesome and they're doing another one tomorrow and Thursday :love:

Yeah it was an interesting show. Sort of an Autumn watch but for vegetables

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

This series of QI is the last for Stephen Fry as he's stepping down, but Sandi Toksvig will be replacing him from next series onwards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/14/stephen-fry-qi-sandi-toksvig_n_8292014.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Judge Tesla posted:

This series of QI is the last for Stephen Fry as he's stepping down, but Sandi Toksvig will be replacing him from next series onwards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/14/stephen-fry-qi-sandi-toksvig_n_8292014.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Wow that's fairly big news. Would it work without him?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
God, I cant stand Sandi Toksvig

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

crispix posted:

Why don't you do it then, Demandy McFussypants? :mad:

e: I honestly don't have the time for that I'm afraid. I will leave it to someone else to start a thread with a poo poo OP and get told off by Taff.

Well somebody make one. Just take the OP from last year, change the photos and leave the captions the same, I'm sure nobody will notice.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

thehustler posted:

Wow that's fairly big news. Would it work without him?

I think Toksvig works, she has established rapport with most of the people she'll be working with from either QI itself or The News Quiz, and has that teacher quality like Fry, I can easily imagine Phil Jupitus or Jimmy Carr winding her up in the same way.

Annoyed I never got to a live recording with Stephen though, and he will surely be missed. I bet he'll be a guest at least once.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

She was pretty much a semi regular guest as it was, so I think it'll be fine, no word if Alan Davis is going yet also.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The Big Taff Man posted:

God, I cant stand Sandi Toksvig

Errgh, me too. No more QI for me.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Apprentice thread is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746715

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I have a hard time figuring out why people hate Toksvig, she's lovely!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I like Sandi Toksvig, and I think she's a pretty good replacement for Stephen on QI.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Stephen Fry is an idiot and Sandi Toksvig is cool

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Time to reinvent QI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

thehustler posted:

I have a hard time figuring out why people hate Toksvig, she's lovely!

Hasn't exactly had the best run of hosting gigs really, she had Antiques Master on BBC2, Fifteen to One and most people I speak to think the News Quiz has been steadily getting worse since she took over. I generally think she's a good host but she really hasn't been given much to work with.