Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

de_dust posted:

i want to bang the gently caress out of ben's titties and then shoot my fetid load into his pube beard.

thanks for reading

I'm so close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

To summarize the "female game group" debacle, this was CIG's rationale behind the ban

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2421310/#Comment_2421310

"The member was part of a group and the moderator simply doesn't like that group, so they banned the user" - I'm glad that's cleared up!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

"The member was part of a group and the moderator simply doesn't like that group, so they banned the user" - I'm glad that's cleared up! No way anybody could consider that to be a lovely moderating decision.

That's how the nazis started tbh.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chalks posted:

"The member was part of a group and the moderator simply doesn't like that group, so they banned the user" - I'm glad that's cleared up!

Per the behavior of CIG & their moderators, pointing out this out is bannable.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Chalks posted:

God...I still remember that loving idiot Slavik as a moderator lol. How after that :lesnick: rant he took it as license to gently caress GOONS over him losing tonnes of ISK in EVE Online, so he changed his avatar to something with profanity and declared war on Starfleet Dental hahah.

Good times those were, at least, no matter how much of a shitshow it was with all the other crap.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
"We know there's lots of goons still really interested in Star Citizen! After all, we just banned one of them."

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Did he declare war in EVE or SC?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

jabro posted:

Does this thing have a chance of going class-action? I only bought in for the cheapest ship package so only have $30-$40 in it and I wouldn't mind getting my money back but it's a small enough amount that I have no problem leaving it in if I can get more from a lawsuit.
By the time a lawsuit happens there won't be anything left to get. Do a refund if you want your money back.

Of if $40 is small enough that you don't really care to spend a few weeks emailing them to get refunded, keep it in. You can join the future lawsuit (or FTC case) for zero money but lots of "embarrass christ roberts" potential drama.

brakanjan posted:

What is the actual legitimate reason for the ban. According to their official terms
Probably the reason "we can still ban you even if you aren't technically breaking these rules if you're not on your best behavior". He interacted with another user in an argument and that's "bad behavior". They're slowly going into lockdown over there. I think any purely negative poster will get banned pretty soon even if you don't ever quote or interact with the other users.

It's really amusing to see an entire forum full of people who all seem to be ex-eve players get Lotka Volterra'd by the guys they gave 90 million dollars to.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

CrazyLoon posted:

God...I still remember that loving idiot Slavik as a moderator lol. How after that :lesnick: rant he took it as license to gently caress GOONS over him losing tonnes of ISK in EVE Online, so he changed his avatar to something with profanity and declared war on Starfleet Dental hahah.

Good times those were, at least, no matter how much of a shitshow it was with all the other crap.

Did someone say SLAVIK?

Man oh man, the good ol' days...

:barf:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeike posted:

Neither. He raged quit EVE and if you "declared war" on another group in SC you'd get banned from the forums.

You think I'm joking, but that was an actual rule.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
beginning to realize the reason goons stayed in this poo poo show so long was because the forums drama was so choice it distracted them all from the fact they were being fleeced

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
how did ben get so fat? his dimensions are hilariously jarring

will SC take into account the weight of pilots and change the physics based on the re-blkdhjagyuds\haaarft. fffft.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tarranon posted:

beginning to realize the reason goons stayed in this poo poo show so long was because the forums drama was so choice it distracted them all from the fact they were being fleeced

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Unfunny Poster posted:

Neither. He raged quit EVE and if you "declared war" on another group in SC you'd get banned from the forums.

You think I'm joking, but that was an actual rule.

LOL I remember some dude declaring war(in SC) on the forums.

He was all like "We formally declare war on Goonrathi"

that was hilarious

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

CrazyLoon posted:

Man there's some really hilariously awful poo poo we found out about that idiot. He's a British Fascist, is in his late 20's and lives with his mother, and runs a computer building company that charges something like a 500% mark up on all the parts. Said company is based out of his mothers house fyi.

Also I have no idea why anyone is surprised that Ben Lesnick, the fat idiot who ran a lovely echo chamber fan site for Wing Commander, turns the other website he's tentatively in charge of into a lovely echo chamber. He actually thinks Wing Commander Prophecy is better than Freespace 2, the boy aint right

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
^ I'm dying here.

Tarranon posted:

TBH this is a reasonable assumption. There were so many 'good guy' groups to make fun out of, and I wasn't even a goon but just a pirate. I guess when you get caught up in laughing at all that, as well as feeling a sense of community with other folks of like mind, it tends to distract or make you moreso forgiving of, oh I dunno, CIG pushing poo poo back yet again and releasing unpolished unfun crap.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

de_dust posted:

how did ben get so fat? his dimensions are hilariously jarring

will SC take into account the weight of pilots and change the physics based on the re-blkdhjagyuds\haaarft. fffft.

Helllll yeah!!! This guy needs to do the next OP!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zeike posted:

Star Citizen is chock full of guys who quit eve, convinced that SC will be the game to kill off Eve. So they're buying in big on the ground floor so they can be winners of the new space mmo. It's always been a pretty transparent motive.

And really really funny, because goons use the exact same method of promising everything under the sun to the marks when we scam them in Eve. You'd think they would learn! "I got scammed out of $30 in spacebucks by goons, so now I'm gonna go get scammed out of $3000 in real bucks by these guys who are running the same con."

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Klyith posted:

Star Citizen is chock full of guys who quit eve, convinced that SC will be the game to kill off Eve. So they're buying in big on the ground floor so they can be winners of the new space mmo. It's always been a pretty transparent motive.

And really really funny, because goons use the exact same method of promising everything under the sun to the marks when we scam them in Eve. You'd think they would learn! "I got scammed out of $30 in spacebucks by goons, so now I'm gonna go get scammed out of $3000 in real bucks by these guys who are running the same con."

There's no doubt in my mind that if some type of game comes out of sc that goons will absolutely take over just to gently caress with everyone. They take over the shittiest mmo games just to troll people.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Klyith posted:

The vast majority of the FLJK goons are from MWO. So if anything its Stockholm Syndrome with our love of poo poo developers

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Goredema posted:

As for :lesnick: ? Ben Lesnick is an awful human being. Here's just one example why: Ben went out of his way to protect and coddle dozens of homophobes, misogynists, and racists posting to CIG's forums because they were real gamers. When some of us made a big scandal out of it, his response was to grudgingly disallow bigotry on the forums, and then yell at goons for being assholes and ruining everything. He saw nothing wrong with this.

Don't pity him, because Ben Lesnick is not the little fat kid who gets picked on in school. Ben Lesnick is the little fat kid who makes "friends" with the bullies by helping them victimize the other little fat kids. He's a follower and a sycophant and on some level, he knows it, and ever day he tries to smother that grim knowledge with high-fructose corn syrup.

So much this.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Why does it take the VP of a 300 person company to approve refunds for small charges? That seems strange in itself. Every time I have ever needed a refund it has been a normal employee, or maybe a manager 1 step above, not jumping 6 steps to the VP.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

kordansk posted:

Why does it take the VP of a 300 person company to approve refunds for small charges? That seems strange in itself. Every time I have ever needed a refund it has been a normal employee, or maybe a manager 1 step above, not jumping 6 steps to the VP.

To make sure no one outside the "circle of trust" can leak information regarding amount of refund requests.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone also explain why the need to completely ban the account to remove the items on it? That doesn't make any sense to me.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

kordansk posted:

Because CIG's Human Resources effectively doesn't exist and managing and assigning their staff + paying people for that can't get in the way of churning out even more space pixel art to sell.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Can someone also explain why the need to completely ban the account to remove the items on it? That doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes more sense when you realize, that non-game holders are treated like Jews in Auschwitz on their main forums lol. So I guess they figure to dispense with the pretense, if you decided to be such a POS to demand a refund and help kill their dream!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

They do not have to, it is just spite. I got my refund in before this poo poo show started and kept mine.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

kordansk posted:

And why is their lawyer involved in the refunds?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

They don't want you posting on the forums anymore after you get your refund.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

Well that's my story.

Dandywalken posted:

Helllll yeah!!! This guy needs to do the next OP!

i am ben lesnick

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Just regarding slavik chat, why does his profile 404? Did he get a refund?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/WarpDust

but, this works: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/22187/WarpDust

Weird.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

Well that's my story.
we are all ben lesnicks

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

And why is their lawyer involved in the refunds?

Excellent questions, which nobody outside of this group has bothered to even ask.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skoll posted:

They do not have to, it is just spite. I got my refund in before this poo poo show started and kept mine.

See, I got mine like a year or two ago and they banned my account. That's just silly.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Just a lil revenge I guess

Anyway remember when the game as in full swing? :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/27v6cw/this_is_bullshit_unfair_treatment_moderator_bias/
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2423463/#Comment_2423463
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/250yhv/why_goonrathi_goons_are_no_different_to_goonswarm/
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/35253/fljk-goonrathi-everything-is-mandatory/p46

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol, :hfive: to Variable over on the cig forum keepin' it real in Jonestown

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Now that he's shown he can take that which we value the most in life any time he wants I sincerely hope you loving wageplebs take this warning seriously and stop loving with Seraph. :ohdear:

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

To make sure no one outside the "circle of trust" can leak information regarding amount of refund requests.

They already stated in an interview a couple days ago or so, you know the same one that said they signed a 5 year lease for an office in Frankfurt that the refund requests were around 1300 at that time.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MeLKoR posted:

Now that he's shown he can take that which we value the most in life any time he wants I sincerely hope you loving wageplebs take this warning seriously and stop loving with Seraph. :ohdear:

We can always switch over to shankerz, now that Goredema brought up the reason why people make fun of him in the previous page.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MeLKoR posted:

Now that he's shown he can take that which we value the most in life
Soft waffles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

We can always switch over to shankerz, now that Goredema brought up the reason why people make fun of him in the previous page.

shankerz will just buy them a server for a game of their choice for approval and acceptance again.

• Locked thread