Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Only $20,000!

(Are you trying to make a point here? If so it has been missed. And are you digging through my post history? Bit weird tbh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm legitimately FUMING MAD on Beers behalf, I mean I am banned as well but at least I deserve it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

You should check out that peter gabriel's post history. He's into some WEIRD stuff.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

peter gabriel posted:

I'm legitimately FUMING MAD on Beers behalf, I mean I am banned as well but at least I deserve it.

Are you a coffee machine?

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
The quest for a refund continues. Less than 24 hours after getting the "Hey, tell us who's extorting you to get your money back" email, I got his little number

quote:

In order to move forward with the request as quickly as possible I just need to gather some information from you. Can you please confirm as much as you can of the following information regarding your refund request:

Confirm that you accept that partial refunds are not possible - A successful refund request will result in a permanent and full account closure
The total amount you anticipate
Your current PayPal e-mail address
Generally, we don't offer refunds outside of the initial 14-day or such longer grace period as required by applicable local regulations. Having said that, I am not dismissing your refund query as we like to consider each request on a case-by-case basis.

Additional information:

If authorised the refund may take a few days to action if the orders are older than 30 days. This is because human action is usually required and an automated reversal would be rejected by most payment handlers
If a refund is granted it will take 7-10 working days to appear on your statement
We cannot refund delivered physical items
We cannot refund any and all subscription payments
Once gifted a pledge cannot be refunded, even if it was returned to your account or gifted to an alt-account
As soon as I get this information I can pass you along to our refund guys. =)

All the best,

Anyone else get this? Sounds desperate.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Paladinus posted:

Are you a coffee machine?

For $20000 I'll be whatever the gently caress you want me to be :wiggle:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

PseudoFaux posted:

The quest for a refund continues. Less than 24 hours after getting the "Hey, tell us who's extorting you to get your money back" email, I got his little number

= )

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
I will never give up my towel and fish (not in tank yet).
One day I know we will fly all together as one happy family.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PseudoFaux posted:

Fuckers.

That '14 day grace period' applies after delivery of goods. It is not 14 days from the placing of an order. They're deliberately misleading people as to their legal rights.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

alphabettitouretti posted:

Only $20,000!

(Are you trying to make a point here? If so it has been missed. And are you digging through my post history? Bit weird tbh)

A little bit. Quoting sentences out of context when you have nothing else to say can make anyone look like an idiot. But anyways I will let this go. Send another zinger my way if you want but this poo poo is getting boring.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

SelenicMartian posted:

"Statement of capital on 2014-10-22
GBP 100"
"Statement of capital on 2015-10-08
GBP 100"
It's like they don't do anything.

That's 'Share Capital' which is the money a proprietary director 'puts into' a company on it's creation. It's a historical thing that doesn't really mean anything.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

KakerMix posted:

So hey Beer since you're banned you should totally have that show with Derek Smart.

lmao at Ben though, the dude is going to be CRUSHED when the realization that Star Citizen doesn't exist and Chris Roberts is a fraud hits. You think he'll go with the break-down route or get real angry at Roberts?

I think he will recover once his , tell all, story about CIG is ghost written and published. Who knows might even be big enough to actually warrant an interview on a reputable show especially if the law suit gains traction due huge headline amount. Also if a savvy editor can figure out the right alliteration for 'gaming company breaks crowd funding' headline.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Alchenar posted:

Fuckers.

That '14 day grace period' applies after delivery of goods. It is not 14 days from the placing of an order. They're deliberately misleading people as to their legal rights.

spaceship JPEGs were successfully delivered to your in-game hangar or digital locker

checkmate

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Klyith posted:

spaceship JPEGs were successfully delivered to your in-game hangar or digital locker

checkmate

where's my caterpillar

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

PseudoFaux posted:

I got a partial refund this week (I am keeping the yellow and green starter ship on the off chance that this game comes out and is good) so that is bullshit.

Having said that, I'm also still somehow unbanned on their forums despite numerous infractions of their ridiculous rules, directly dissing :lesnick: and accusing c. robber of being a thief and murderer so it may just be that my avatar in the 'verse rolled particularly high luck and you'll not be so fortunate

Banano fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 9, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ROK has arrived. It looks pretty pimpin on the kitchen and it's heavy enough to beat off aggressive bitcoin pedos. First attempt produced better results than the old budget electric espresso machine.

SirTagz posted:

A little bit. Quoting sentences out of context when you have nothing else to say can make anyone look like an idiot. But anyways I will let this go. Send another zinger my way if you want but this poo poo is getting boring.

Cool. Let's chat more when Star Citizen is released.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

brakanjan posted:

I think he will recover once his , tell all, story about CIG is ghost written and published. Who knows might even be big enough to actually warrant an interview on a reputable show especially if the law suit gains traction due huge headline amount. Also if a savvy editor can figure out the right alliteration for 'gaming company breaks crowd funding' headline.

He'll poison the milk in their coffee machine to put everyone out of misery.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

Does this thing have a chance of going class-action? I only bought in for the cheapest ship package so only have $30-$40 in it and I wouldn't mind getting my money back but it's a small enough amount that I have no problem leaving it in if I can get more from a lawsuit.

If this went class action you'd probably get like $5.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Some lovely art sent my way

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Onmi posted:

Some lovely art sent my way

:eyepop:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Remember the Sony Rootkit fiasco? That was legit nasty stuff and plaintiffs ended up with basically the cost of a CD out of it.

Good luck chasing that dream of free money though! :toot:

^ Also holy poo poo, I love the Carmaggeddon one. That was a great game.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That guy seems super efficient at making jpgs. Imagine if CIG had his productivity!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

I really don't.

Dear Ben:

A lot of people say a lot of mean things about you and 99% of it is undeserved because of your position at the head of a major development company. For the most part I don't join in because that kind of stuff is tedious, petty, and not particularly healthy to the soul if you engage in it frequently. But let me just step off the high horse for a second and get real with you. gently caress you. You are the mascot for a company that, regardless of how it started out, now exists only to continue raising the hopes and taking the money of clueless nerds just like yourself. They literally put you up front because you are the ur-citizen. You are the Jimmy Olsen, the Short Round, the kid sidekick that terminally insecure manchildren are supposed to identify with. You're sitting next to your hero and they sit there vicariously with you. Your unquestioning faith in Chris is literally what they have been cultivating in the whales, and look what it's gotten them- a fanatically loyal fanbase that is driving itself into debt, breaking up marriages, taking out second mortgages, and giving it to CIG.

Do you have a problem with that? It seems like you're having trouble keeping your composure lately, so I suspect that you do. That's basically the only reason I'm writing this- some part of you has to realize which way the wind is blowing, with everyone around you departing for higher ground. You exist to reassure troubled fanboys that everything is alright, but you and I and everyone else here and everyone in your office knows that is not true. There's only one group that still believes it- the people that you, you yourself, are tricking. Eventually this project is going to crash- it is simply unsustainable, at the rate they're burning through employees and apparently cash, while continuing to make additional promises. What do you think is going to happen to you when that day comes? They're going to hate you. Sandi and Roberts are going to jet-set off into failed developer land, and you are the one who will never work in games again.

You made this bed. Every questionable decision you backed. Every decision to fleece the public just a little more, that you nodded assent to. Every time you showed up on camera and did a little dance while they sucked more money out of people's pockets for pictures of spaceships. People's marriages have ended over this game, Ben. People have gone into serious debt to give more money to Roberts. People are having mental breaks on the forums. People just like you. Except maybe not as lucky. And you just keep on pushing them. Just one more donation, one more week, one more prayer to CIG, and everything will work out.

It won't and you know it. Quit lying. Roberts has no choice and Sandi is by all accounts an awful person, but you? You were the one who earned the backer's trust. For that, gently caress you.

This is a good post but there is one small mistake, this is actually the ur citizen:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

"Statement of capital on 2014-10-22
GBP 100"
"Statement of capital on 2015-10-08
GBP 100"
It's like they don't do anything.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DancingShade posted:

Remember the Sony Rootkit fiasco? That was legit nasty stuff and plaintiffs ended up with basically the cost of a CD out of it.

Unlike Sony, I don't think CIG have hundreds of highly competent lawyers behind them. I'm not sure if they have one competent lawyer. Or just a competent person.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Iridium posted:

where's my caterpillar

right here:

another spaceship successfully delivered!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

DancingShade posted:

the rootkit fiasco was when the PS3 got jailbroken because someone leaked a rootkit dongle right? I never learned how that turned out.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Klyith posted:

right here:

another spaceship successfully delivered!

It's clearly a gif, not a jpg I paid for.

But I'm okay with this. Here, have more money. Just don't hurry yourself.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

a true beliver posted:

Those that do pursue a refund based on all this drek? Most of them weren't cut out for what Star Citizen is destined to be

:laffo:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Put that poo poo on twitter right now.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Iridium posted:

where's my caterpillar

Show me the money

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

So they made it a wholly owned subsidiary on 12-12?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Orions Lord posted:

Show me the money

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Game bad

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

madcow posted:

Or I am not a gullible cynic and have more experience with real investigative journalism than you?

If there had been or ends up being some legitimate evidence presented as to bad happenings in CIG, like say 40% of the company getting axed within a two week (which I have experienced irl) or a verifiable audio/video clip/document that contained some racist rantings or mentions of misappropriations of funds/fraudulent activity, I might be more inclined to hop on the hate wagon and get a refund. But so far, I have seen none of that. I have just seen one shoddily written "article" with poo poo sources, likely fabrications, and bunch of rantings and empty promise from Derek Smart, a known charlatan, one of which was to release a name at 4am EST, two days ago, to help lend some credence to his claims. Yeah, he never did that, just like he never had two PhDs, never had a good game, and will never have a successful lawsuit against CIG.

I knew pretty much right after the kickstarter ended and CR kept adding more and more strech goals that there was no way in hell that SC was going to meet its original deadline, just call it a hunch. So, release dates being pushed back? Yeah, I don't care, I have seen it countless times with other games with much smaller scopes and scales. I can watch a AtV episode or what not every now and see what they are doing or aren't doing. People leaving or being fired? Welcome to running a business, it doesn't always work out for a variety of reasons, personality conflicts are one of them, and if two people really were fired for releasing information to DS, then they deserved it. For being idiots and violating an NDA, which you can be pretty much certain CIG has.

When CIG starts to layoff significant portions of the staff and starts closing down studios that is when I will start to worry. If the game development starts to bleed into late 2016 and they still haven't released anything significant, say like the first episode of SQ42, which I suspect will come out sooner than that, then I will start thinking about getting my money back/filing a chargeback.

And lets say, for the sake of argument, CIG goes under and I don't get my money back. Oh well, I have spent more on alcohol and women in my lifetime, so losing out on the pittance I gave CIG really doesn't matter to me.

hosed up if true

also, same

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have spent more than $X on Y so spending $Z on this poo poo is fine :smug:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Game no

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
"here are my justifications for throwing money at something I should have had enough sense not to... hint, they involve being well-off and willing to write off money which I might as well have burned. that's respectable, right?"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I once spent over £17 on a multi pack of underpants so nailing my cock to a rabid dog and setting my eyeballs on fire is absolutely accpetable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Game potentially

game no

• Locked thread