Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember how just recently they talked about 'database schmutz' and how insane that sounded

i wouldn't have guessed things would get progressively crazier than that, lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Eonwe posted:

remember how just recently they talked about 'database schmutz' and how insane that sounded

Their servers mysteriously accumulate sticky residue from sleepwalking Ben coming in every night to lick the drives where his dream game lives and to sniff out the traitors.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There's a lot of talk about Ben. Ben's an idiot. He doesn't matter.

To the community, sure, he matters. To development, yeah, he enables a lot of terrible things by way of proxy and example. The community is full of idiots, however, and they don't matter. Other employees don't get to express themselves in any way as Croberts trusts only himself at each design turn, each piece of artwork, etc and don't really matter beyond the toil they provide. The community's money is already paid out, and I get the sense most of 'em are not aware of / do not wish to exercise their consumer protection rights. They don't matter, and the money doesn't matter.

Nothing matters.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

There's a lot of talk about Ben. Ben's an idiot. He doesn't matter.

To the community, sure, he matters. To development, yeah, he enables a lot of terrible things by way of proxy and example. The community is full of idiots, however, and they don't matter. Other employees don't get to express themselves in any way as Croberts trusts only himself at each design turn, each piece of artwork, etc and don't really matter beyond the toil they provide.

Nothing matters.

He matters cause he is the pope of the church of croberts and the pied piper of space whales.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Eonwe posted:

There's always more and it's always worse.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

SA Exclusive: the new ship has recently been renamed the "TwatNiggerFuck"

What could possibly go wrong.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Derek Smart said somebody posted these on his blog.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I like that I got a shorter probation for making GBS threads up that thread and calling for refunds and insulting the mods for a few hours than Beer did for posting an SHA hash of their next ship name

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

lol

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Wafflz posted:

He matters cause he is the pope of the church of croberts and the pied piper of space whales.

The Church of Crobbits doesn't loving matter as the members don't matter. The money the members have dumped in are considered by most to be donations, so the bulk of the money doesn't matter.

The space whales don't matter. They'll have found other way to hurt themselves. They don't loving matter.

Someone find something that matters. I'm trying to drill down, and all I can find so far are people's careers after/outside of CIG and their job stability. That matters, and Beer started angrygoodposting about that on the forums with posts that mattered. Ben and the mods, it seem, disagreed and threw out the only goodposting that mattered. Net result: should matter, but doesn't.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wafflz posted:

He is pied. As in paid in pies.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

if only that person had learned to use inspect element and edit as html

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Goredema posted:

Don't pity him, because Ben Lesnick is not the little fat kid who gets picked on in school. Ben Lesnick is the little fat kid who makes "friends" with the bullies by helping them victimize the other little fat kids. He's a follower and a sycophant and on some level, he knows it, and ever day he tries to smother that grim knowledge with high-fructose corn syrup.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Cit Con is gonna be awesome, that first on-stage crash is gonna be sweet

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

http://www.visionsespresso.com/spirit-triplette-3-group/

Money well spent.

If that's the thing they bought then they gonna need someone who knows what the gently caress they are doing around an espresso machine to get decent results.

Maybe Croberts got rid of his personal chef so he could get a personal barista.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Levantine posted:

I want to give the guy who made FS2 90 million dollars. Not to make anything now, just because he made FS2.

Freespace 2 is still cool and people still make things for it (including massive-rear end engine upgrades).

Also many of the people who made it also made the Saint's Row series so I think they were in fact given 90 million (before the publisher took most of it ofc).

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

wdarkk posted:

Freespace 2 is still cool and people still make things for it (including massive-rear end engine upgrades).

Also many of the people who made it also made the Saint's Row series so I think they were in fact given 90 million (before the publisher took most of it ofc).

Oh ok I'll keep my 90 mil then.

FS2 is still great though.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

alphabettitouretti posted:

http://www.visionsespresso.com/spirit-triplette-3-group/

Money well spent.

If that's the thing they bought then they gonna need someone who knows what the gently caress they are doing around an espresso machine to get decent results.

Maybe Croberts got rid of his personal chef so he could get a personal barista.

Wow I could make some pimp coffee with that beast.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Eonwe posted:

"Database Smegma" -DiscoLeak

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
June 26 2015 "How many people total are working on Star Citizen total – 500 probably, including outsourcers, 300 internally"

18th August 2015 270 total (staff + contractors)

October 1st We are a company of 261 employees

October 9th Cloud Imperium now employs 255 staff

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

wdarkk posted:

blue planet - is legit, such a good story too gently caress this dead gay earth

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Thank you Seraph for sharing the news with the masses. Naturally they are handling it like the well informed citizens they are:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3o40j6/beer4thebeergod_10year_banished_from_the_rsi/

Some rear end in a top hat posted:

Goons convinced him SC was going to fail - I liked him too - but he's too passionate and too close.
He should have remained on Reddit but had to keep going to the forums and chatroll and poking the bear.

Some other rear end in a top hat posted:

Beer went off the deep end. One only has to read his ridiculous post history praising DS to see why this happened. Even before that, he often acted incredibly entitled.

Yet another rear end in a top hat posted:

He's been tiptoeing the line ever since the Goons on SA forums convinced him to try getting a refund which I am guessing got denied to him - citing numerous times he had ridiculed people in the past for wanting to claim them.
Beer really did bring this on himself - just because he finally got convinced of buyers remorse doesn't give him freedom to make mods lives miserable.

Beer, I want to apologize on behalf of the goons who ruined you, as they ruin all things.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Also I hope more CIG employees will start directly posting to Smart's web site. Then we don't have to wait weeks for Legal :woof: to clear his posts and dig out the one or two interesting bits of gossip from 10,000 words of ranting.

Sandi gonna have a meltdown when she sees that.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Levantine posted:

Oh ok I'll keep my 90 mil then.

FS2 is still great though.

Saying it again, Wing Commander Saga is probably the best actual Wing Commander game.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SelenicMartian posted:

Their servers mysteriously accumulate sticky residue from sleepwalking Ben coming in every night to lick the drives where his dream game lives and to sniff out the traitors.

Ben heard hard drives have platters so him turning up at midnight to try and eat them was inevitable

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh poo poo sorry

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol imagine reading a star citizen subreddit

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

1999 was a very good year for movies.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Beer's removal inspires ironic insights about Stockholm syndrome and other bullcrap.

/StarCitizen really did become an extension of the Brown Sea- and faster than I thought it could.

(Edit: Sorry Sarsapariller just saw you posted this.)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Ben heard hard drives have platters so him turning up at midnight to try and eat them was inevitable

:drat:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

G0RF posted:

Beer's removal inspires ironic insights about Stockholm syndrome and other bullcrap.

/StarCitizen really did become an extension of the Brown Sea- and faster than I thought it could.

quote:

:/ I like the guy, but I worry something else might be happening in his personal life. I can't help but notice that, even for someone who is known for being a plain speaker, he's been unusually irascible and mean spirited of late.
I hope, whatever personal tragedy is currently playing out in his life, that he finds a way through it and the inner peace he deserves.

LOL

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

alphabettitouretti posted:

Also I hope more CIG employees will start directly posting to Smart's web site.

more?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Beer I hope you manage to conquer your personal demons so you can post better :ohdear:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Alchenar posted:

Saying it again, Wing Commander Saga is probably the best actual Wing Commander game.

I didn't know this was a thing so thank you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've been thinking a lot about Star Citizen recently and I realise that even though there have been delays that Rome was not built in a day.
Hope this helps some of you guys, Rome was not built in a day you see.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

madcow posted:

Or I am not a gullible cynic and have more experience with real investigative journalism than you?

If there had been or ends up being some legitimate evidence presented as to bad happenings in CIG, like say 40% of the company getting axed within a two week (which I have experienced irl) or a verifiable audio/video clip/document that contained some racist rantings or mentions of misappropriations of funds/fraudulent activity, I might be more inclined to hop on the hate wagon and get a refund. But so far, I have seen none of that. I have just seen one shoddily written "article" with poo poo sources, likely fabrications, and bunch of rantings and empty promise from Derek Smart, a known charlatan, one of which was to release a name at 4am EST, two days ago, to help lend some credence to his claims. Yeah, he never did that, just like he never had two PhDs, never had a good game, and will never have a successful lawsuit against CIG.

I knew pretty much right after the kickstarter ended and CR kept adding more and more strech goals that there was no way in hell that SC was going to meet its original deadline, just call it a hunch. So, release dates being pushed back? Yeah, I don't care, I have seen it countless times with other games with much smaller scopes and scales. I can watch a AtV episode or what not every now and see what they are doing or aren't doing. People leaving or being fired? Welcome to running a business, it doesn't always work out for a variety of reasons, personality conflicts are one of them, and if two people really were fired for releasing information to DS, then they deserved it. For being idiots and violating an NDA, which you can be pretty much certain CIG has.

When CIG starts to layoff significant portions of the staff and starts closing down studios that is when I will start to worry. If the game development starts to bleed into late 2016 and they still haven't released anything significant, say like the first episode of SQ42, which I suspect will come out sooner than that, then I will start thinking about getting my money back/filing a chargeback.

And lets say, for the sake of argument, CIG goes under and I don't get my money back. Oh well, I have spent more on alcohol and women in my lifetime, so losing out on the pittance I gave CIG really doesn't matter to me.

Why are the Escapists sources "poo poo" in your opinion? What qualifies you to make such a judgement?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why are the Escapists sources "poo poo" in your opinion? What qualifies you to make such a judgement?

Um, Investigative Journalism, dummy. Just look at his experience in it.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Levantine posted:

Just look at his experience in it.

Yeah, no matter how many friends he loses or people he leaves dead and bloodied and dying along the way.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Currently on stage 3 of the refund process. I cited the Endeavor posts as the specific press articles that prompted my decision since they're basically scopecreep.html. Got a response from a real person not long after asking for my PayPal info and expected refund. I made my initial request on October 1st and my ticket number is in the 134k's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

WTF is a gullible cynic?

• Locked thread