Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so remember when derek smart linked the goonrathi roster and said it was a spreadsheet to request refunds

i think he was onto something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

We are having beers tonigh tin Beer's honor. I started early. TOmorrow we are havign more beers in Beer's honor while watching the citcon thingie.

Beer for the beer god.

Words for the word throne.

Let the TOS burn.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Hearsay, possibly by one of you goons:

quote:

Couldn't post this at /vg/ because they keep banning me for three days every time i post about the game's lack of progress.

I know a guy (used to be bosom buddies with Ben Lesnick back in the day) who is an actual, no-poo poo investor in Cloud Imperium. Pre-Kickstarter (when they were still hoping to buy the Wing commander License back from EA) he was given the opportunity to buy in, so he dropped $55k. Gets a share of any profits (starting with commercial release of Squadron 42).

All this escapist stuff had him a little worried, so he exercised his rights under the investment agreement (there's only like 3 other investors left, because the rest exercised an option to get bought out when crowdfunding reached $25 mil) to look at some financials, but he's been rebuffed repeatedly for almost a week now.
Bootcha, is this you?

quote:

Suddenly, people getting refunds the past couple days were getting refunded by a movie development company owned by Ortwin Freyemuth, a German entertainment lawyer and movie producer who worked with Roberts at Ascension Pictures (before they got sued into oblivion by Kevin Costner because they jerked him around for a year, promised him $8 mil for a film, and then never paid him or made the movie; Roberts and Freyermuth were basically blacklisted after that).

Also if you look at the British website for Companies House, you can see that Foundry 42 hasn't filed any of their legally-required fiscal paperwork with the government. It was due in December of last year. Fines are racking up, and Chris and Erin Roberts (as well as Ortwin Freyermuth) actually face criminal charges and unlimited fines and civil penalties.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08703814/FOUNDRY-42-LIMITED/summary

They we have Derek Smart with an inside source, and he has now announced two dozen firings before they were made public. They've had the same 65 supposed job openings listed on their website unfilled for almost 7 months now.

None of these things point to a financially-stable company.
This squares with specifics already volunteered by Bootcha ($25m tier buyout, very small number of private backers remaining), and may be in reference to him specifically. If the above is true, then it is especially interesting to hear that CIG is in no hurry to provide private owners with financials. Obviously, CIG has a lot going on, and these kind of requests aren't going to be high priority with a minority-share owner. Still, investors have the right to know the financial health of companies they own.

Bootcha, if you're not the one asking for financials, you might want to.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

so remember when derek smart linked the goonrathi roster and said it was a spreadsheet to request refunds

i think he was onto something

drat I've never really paid too much attention to that before. Two things stick out:

a) God :drat: that's a lot of people

b) Hahaha holy poo poo someone paid 11 large for this poo poo! Goons are no smarter than Redditors

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

1stGear posted:

Chris Roberts will announce RSI's bankruptcy via a demo of the FPS module. The demo will consist solely of a pretty sweet animation of your spaceman putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

The demo will crash four times. The fifth time the crosshair will float off-screen causing your spaceman to shoot off his ear.

I don't get how you can keep spreading your plebeian views and not feel a deep sense of shame. How can Christ Roberts be anywhere near fiscal insolvency? If you take a learned look at what has been produced so far it is not possible to have even spent 10 million in funding to accomplish. Stop spreading FUD.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Variable 5 posted:

So I guess probated accounts can still post here
I just tried to post there and I can't.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sillybones posted:

Reading that thread gives me an odd feeling. I thought it was the population of the forums itself that created the cult. Now I see it is enforced by moderators of the forums too.

How sick.

Moderators, who are hand picked by a guy who was OK with racism, homophobia, and other such bigotry for months mind you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So should I start a kickstarter for my sharts or should I do a patreon for ongoing shart patronage

Should I provide LTI on my sharts?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

G0RF posted:

Bootcha, is this you?

This squares with specifics already volunteered by Bootcha ($25m tier buyout, very small number of private backers remaining), and may be in reference to him specifically. If the above is true, then it is especially interesting to hear that CIG is in no hurry to provide private owners with financials. Obviously, CIG has a lot going on, and these kind of requests aren't going to be high priority with a minority-share owner. Still, investors have the right to know the financial health of companies they own.

poo poo smells fucky and I hope Bootcha is insulating/protecting himself from this, financially

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

G0RF posted:

Bootcha, is this you?

bootcha eat the eggs financials

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

So should I start a kickstarter for my sharts or should I do a patreon for ongoing shart patronage

Should I provide LTI on my sharts?

How can you knowingly provide "LTI" for a biodegradable object?

Sir, I am beginning to think you do not have the backers best interests at heart.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I just tried to post there and I can't.

Weird. I just went through and posted a bunch of bug fixes on some older issues people were reporting.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
You should ask for a share of the $90 million since that's all income

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Variable 5 posted:

So I guess probated accounts can still post here

Glorious.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Nice avatar Skoll.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sardonik posted:

They don't have the money to finish the game, and it's obvious what money they have left will be spent on frivolous things. How blind are you that you cannot see this? There will be no launch. There will be no game.

This blind trust is mind-boggling. Kickstarters/Crowdfunding is one of the riskiest possible things you can do and you literally have no protection if/when (in this case, it is not an if) it goes belly up. You are not legally an investor so those protections don't apply to you. You can't look at their books. You can't do anything but give money and wait for a product to be delivered. Game companies are probably the worst entertainment companies at exploiting their consumer base for every last cent. Day one DLC, DLC cut out from the main game to be offered for sale later, intentionally misleading trailers and gameplay footage, in-game microtransactions for full priced products, promised features/story elements stripped out to a much less complete experience, etc. And Star Citizen is doing the shadiest, most exploitative thing I can think of: selling loving images for a game that doesn't exist yet.

Yet Chris Roberts is different. For some reason. A man who hasn't helmed a major video-game project in fifteen loving years, and the last game project he was in charge of, he had to be kicked off of for it to get done. Because guess what? It had the same feature creep and awful development Star Citizen had. The only reason it was released was because he was forced off the director position and Microsoft was the only thing that made it get released in the first place, whether people want to admit it or not. Then he left the industry. For eight years. He did not touch gaming, he did not keep up with it. An industry that has changed wildly. And when he came back, he did the exact same poo poo he did with Freelancer. Wild promises and an erratic development cycle which ended up overshooting its development time. Which means it overshot its development costs. Which means it needs more money.

Except this time, there is no Microsoft to force Chris down from lead to consulting. There is no producer to make sure poo poo gets cut down to a manageable level. There is nothing reigning him in. And he needs more and more money. It is a loving house of cards that idiots are propping up with 'rare spaceships' they hope to be valuable one day. It is a goddamn ponzi scheme, with the ships and hangars acting like stock. And nerds acting as the deluded investors who think they're going to get rich.

Its probably the most pathetic, delusional poo poo-show I've ever seen in gaming.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skoll posted:

Sir, I am beginning to think you do not have the backers best interests at heart.

Well I'd have to charge for any changes to the shart, obviously due to the schmeg involved in such a transaction (poop smears)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That avatar is good

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

quote:

Bootcha, is this you?

Stop spreading FUD. If an unemployed individual like dickwulf can purchase 20k+ of spaceships for the ultimate simulation 55k hardly makes Bootcha an investor of that is worthy of a direct line to Christ Roberts.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thatguy posted:

Nice avatar Skoll.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Skoll posted:

The lifetime of a shart is approximately 24 hours before it dehydrates to its half life depending on diet. It's pretty easy to provide this coverage if a diet is provided.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Do you know what's the difference between Chris Roberts and a goon?

None. Both have no game.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

So 55k makes you an investor who can potentially make money back(lol) but there are people out there who have probably thrown down close to 20k on "pledges" and they get absolutely nothing for it except for some jpgs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's the most satisfying star citiz.... Shart you guys have ever taken

Mine was in some swim trunks on summer night in a waffle house booth after drinks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

None. Both have no game.

What's the difference between Beer & Kimsemus/thatguy?

None. They both did nothing wrong.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Paladinus posted:

None. Both have no game.

:vince:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

How many posts does it take to be banned from the RSI forums?

0, the same amount of goonfucking Kimsemus and thatguy did

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think this all crashing and burning will ruin the games industry, but god drat will it make people go "lmao gently caress off" to a bunch of devs that try to do stuff in the aftermath.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

They should let Kimsemus into fljk.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Who is Kimsemus anyway? I only see the name mentioned but he or she seems as infamous as Richard Wolf.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They should let Kimsemus into fljk.

brave

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lodin posted:

Who is Kimsemus anyway? I only see the name mentioned but he or she seems as infamous as Richard Wolf.

lets think back to Archeage launch

everyone had a wonderful time playing a terrible lovely janky pay to win game, it was wonderful

It turns out BobFromMarketing played Archeage with us. I didn't know who this dude was, neither did a lot of people. Some goons, however, knew him because he was outed as being a pedophile who groomed an icelandic teenager for sex. This was brought to the attention of the guild leaders, and a screencap of the goon guild leader was taken with him saying that 'it was a long time ago and wasnt even in America.' They wanted to keep him because he provided a lot of virtual wool for the guild (im not loving kidding). There were even attempts to sneak him back into the guild under a different name.

Naturally, a lot of goons found this really loving disgusting. I, Kimsemus, Stormgale, and a few other people started raising hell and eventually after a lot of drama and Imp Zone invasions the guild leader stepped down. (Sidenote: I used to be just a regular boring whitenoise poster before this, but I thought the imps were funny and thats why I started being a shitposting whitenoise poster instead.) In any case, the guild leader chose one of his friends to be a guild leader which didn't make anyone too happy, but he was an alright guy. Unfortunately, his dad got really sick so he just stopped coming on. He remained guild leader, so there was absolutely no real leadership. The guild had no real guild leader in his absence, just a bunch of officers. This led to some pretty awesome drama, including Kimsemus being kicked out of Goonrathi/EVE Goons

The reason Kimsemus is no longer in the EVE guild or the Star Citizen guild is because of the following:

Some of the officers wanted everyone to raise money by fishing. If you went out in the ocean you could play a lovely rhythm minigame to catch fish and turn them in for gold. The ocean was open PvP and if you were fishing you were basically really loving vulnerable. Some of the officers basically decided to ally with LITERALLY ANYONE SITTING IN THE OCEAN FISHING. Yes, you understood that right. They decided to make a well known alliance with any person in the loving ocean who had a fishing pole basically. This is despite the fact that since launch some Goons had been pirating and that was the main reason they played the game. This included Kimsemus. He was basically a PvP dude, and went around on his boat with goons and killed people.

Dabigredboat is one of the fishing pact goons and he got super mad at Kimsemus for goonfucking (by PvPing in an open PvP zone and killing pubbies). He used his influence to get Kimsemus and Lincoln kicked out of both EVE Goons and Goonrathi because he was super loving mad at video game fishing in a lovely korean MMO. As far as Anders goes? I don't know why Anders cares so much but he seems to really not like Kimsemus.

Anyway every director other than Anders I've talked to has basically said they don't care about Kimsemus and wouldn't really care if he was in except for Anders. Beer seems to not really care period either to be fair.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats from the last thread

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

everyone had a wonderful time playing a terrible lovely janky pay to win game, it was wonderful

It turns out BobFromMarketing played Archeage with us. I didn't know who this dude was, neither did a lot of people. Some goons, however, knew him because he was outed as being a pedophile who groomed an icelandic teenager for sex. This was brought to the attention of the guild leaders, and a screencap of the goon guild leader was taken with him saying that 'it was a long time ago and wasnt even in America.' They wanted to keep him because he provided a lot of virtual wool for the guild (im not loving kidding). There were even attempts to sneak him back into the guild under a different name.

Naturally, a lot of goons found this really loving disgusting. I, Kimsemus, Stormgale, and a few other people started raising hell and eventually after a lot of drama and Imp Zone invasions the guild leader stepped down. (Sidenote: I used to be just a regular boring whitenoise poster before this, but I thought the imps were funny and thats why I started being a shitposting whitenoise poster instead.) In any case, the guild leader chose one of his friends to be a guild leader which didn't make anyone too happy, but he was an alright guy. Unfortunately, his dad got really sick so he just stopped coming on. He remained guild leader, so there was absolutely no real leadership. The guild had no real guild leader in his absence, just a bunch of officers. This led to some pretty awesome drama, including Kimsemus being kicked out of Goonrathi/EVE Goons

The reason Kimsemus is no longer in the EVE guild or the Star Citizen guild is because of the following:

Some of the officers wanted everyone to raise money by fishing. If you went out in the ocean you could play a lovely rhythm minigame to catch fish and turn them in for gold. The ocean was open PvP and if you were fishing you were basically really loving vulnerable. Some of the officers basically decided to ally with LITERALLY ANYONE SITTING IN THE OCEAN FISHING. Yes, you understood that right. They decided to make a well known alliance with any person in the loving ocean who had a fishing pole basically. This is despite the fact that since launch some Goons had been pirating and that was the main reason they played the game. This included Kimsemus. He was basically a PvP dude, and went around on his boat with goons and killed people.

Dabigredboat is one of the fishing pact goons and he got super mad at Kimsemus for goonfucking (by PvPing in an open PvP zone and killing pubbies). He used his influence to get Kimsemus and Lincoln kicked out of both EVE Goons and Goonrathi because he was super loving mad at video game fishing in a lovely korean MMO. As far as Anders goes? I don't know why Anders cares so much but he seems to really not like Kimsemus.

Anyway every director other than Anders I've talked to has basically said they don't care about Kimsemus and wouldn't really care if he was in except for Anders. Beer seems to not really care period either to be fair.

Wow, where is this post from? What kind of a loser would right this stupid poo poo?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

robot roll call posted:

So 55k makes you an investor who can potentially make money back(lol) but there are people out there who have probably thrown down close to 20k on "pledges" and they get absolutely nothing for it except for some jpgs

Go back to '13 and there were people who dropped 40k+ on the game with over 200+ ships.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Schaden Citizen: The jpg of cults

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Wow, where is this post from? What kind of a loser would right this stupid poo poo?

idk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Hooray! My refund just hit my paypal account. I'm free! FREE!

It only took 2 weeks and 6 emails.

• Locked thread