Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Look at how loving bad this is. Just look.

I don't understand why you would take cryengine and make it worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why would you release it if it wasn't supposed to be revealing or noteworthy?

Just go look on the Brown Sea or Reddit. There are true believers that are praising this as a great leap in gaming history and the very reason why they became backers. Some have thrown more money at this thing because of this.

Croberts may just make this thing work. Not the game of course, but the ongoing "scam". It doesn't matter what happens or how big of a failure it is, they will eat it up.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Adding to tomorrow's predictions:

6) Everything shown will be hot poo poo unless a vocal number of people don't like it, in which case it was just a test video some of our engineers whipped up in an afternoon based on a super early days first iteration and you shouldn't read too much into it, but great things are in the works.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
God I really wish there was some kind of website that has a historical timeline of updates that catalogues this whole drama. this thread moves hundreds of posts a day it's impossible to catch up to this crashing train.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

How can CR, the guy who is supposed to have his fingers in everything, say "FPS in march" when it's now October and they are on the FIRST iteration.

Unless of course he's full of poo poo and just saying anything to sell more jpegs.

I remember when they were proclaiming it was almost finished or "close". And this is where things are today?

Persistent Universe is just code name for persistent changes and restarts on the projects - nothing ever gets done, no progress is made, but true believers keep throwing money at it.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Citizenship must be prolonged.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Furious Mittens posted:

Just go look on the Brown Sea or Reddit. There are true believers that are praising this as a great leap in gaming history and the very reason why they became backers. Some have thrown more money at this thing because of this.

Croberts may just make this thing work. Not the game of course, but the ongoing "scam". It doesn't matter what happens or how big of a failure it is, they will eat it up.

There are some, but the responses with the most upvotes are negative or lukewarm. This is a REALLY bad sign considering the usual timbre of /r/starcitizen

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sarsapariller posted:

Adding to tomorrow's predictions:

6) Everything shown will be hot poo poo unless a vocal number of people don't like it, in which case it was just a test video some of our engineers whipped up in an afternoon based on a super early days first iteration and you shouldn't read too much into it, but great things are in the works.

7) Everything will be on a LAN and will still look like a Californian playing with a friend in South Africa over NetZero.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

look at this post!!!

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:eyepop:

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why would you release it if it wasn't supposed to be revealing or noteworthy?
In desperate times, anything is better than nothing.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

God I really wish there was some kind of website that has a historical timeline of updates that catalogues this whole drama. this thread moves hundreds of posts a day it's impossible to catch up to this crashing train.

By tomorrow night we'll have another 2000 or so, and 300 more for each time the FPS build crashes.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Raskolnikov posted:

Hey lets talk Star Citizen crap on teamspeak!

Teamspeak3 address = 63.210.145.186:9199 and password is lemon

come talk to my friend and I and there might be some JPGs in it for you!

Joined and got thrown into a chat about edging and circlejerks, no jpg's involved.

2/10 would not join again.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

look at this post!!!

quote:

Having played through the betas of CounterStrike to what it is now, I'm extremely impressed. I skipped over COD, DOD, MOHAA, etc because they all seem rehashed earthbound shooters.

This is why I backed. Highfives to the StarMarine team.

finally a shooter that takes place in corridors. innovation

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holy poo poo lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Star Marine CitCon trailer is live! Same poo poo from GAMESCOM pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SL4Mb5Yhc

Ahahaha tomorrow is going to be amazing

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

It's more like a runaway train that is perpetually exploding.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I can't wait for the demonstration of Star Marine with a good 45 minutes of Christ Roberts yelling at some poor programmer to fix poo poo so that he can make enough from the brown sea by the time he gets off stage to pay his coke dealer.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Look at how loving bad this is. Just look.
I'm starting to think banning Beer was as much punitive as preemptive-- because they sure as hell knew he would crap all over this mess in the forums. Banning him takes out their most effective internal critic and reduces the chances they lose control of the narrative at this incredibly critical and fragile moment.

I'm not sure it will be enough. This look lovely enough even the faith militant might figure it out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

D_Smart posted:

GOTY 2005

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

thatguy posted:

This is me fumbling with my gun before I get shot in the face:

Wait is this a clip from Battlecruiser?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Paladinus posted:

In the next trailer they'll announce zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvxtR40E8Q

:cawg:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
such video, much action.

I'll stick to stalker, it kind of works, and people are still making amazing mods for it, strange that CRunt did not think of licensing the XRay engine.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Wait is this a clip from Battlecruiser?
Hey, at least those games have underwater physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbgMxUd4_s0&t=205s

Eonwe posted:

9. Kimsemus and thatguy will be freed
If so I want Derek Smart to do it in a Battlecruiser Mk.1.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 10, 2015

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I'm the guy taking cover behind a column who just kind of lazily leans out and aims

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The game is still so far from being properly conceived that what "insurance" is actually worth in times or time, credits, or cash is still not known.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My predictions:

1. There will be some kind of bug or error that delays the presentation. It should be noted that CIG was still uploading things to the UK today and CR continues demand more stuff be added.

2. An Aegis dogfighter priced at or above $175 will be made available. At least one reference to Vindicator will be made. It will be better than the Super Hornet.

3. The SQ42 cast will be revealed and estimates on their price will go into the millions.

4. The FPS will be shown. It will be painfully generic and uninspired, showing a complete lack of cohesion or innovation.

5. Multi-crew will be shown. Maybe a scripted boarding assault. It will raise more questions than answers.

6. Chris will wear black. Sandi will wear something awkward.

7. At least one part of the presentation will be repeated due to something loving up.

8. True believers will have their faith increased. Everyone else will just think it's pathetic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
9. Kimsemus and thatguy will be freed

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, what has happened, I tried to keep up, but waking up to over a thousand new posts in this thread is just discouraging, did the guy who invested into cig get his skates on?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I'm the N64 era fog.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

D_Smart posted:

Nice early 360 game you got there, so where is the link to the real trailer :rolleyes:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My predictions:

1. There will be some kind of bug or error that delays the presentation. It should be noted that CIG was still uploading things to the UK today and CR continues demand more stuff be added.

2. An Aegis dogfighter priced at or above $175 will be made available. At least one reference to Vindicator will be made. It will be better than the Super Hornet.

3. The SQ42 cast will be revealed and estimates on their price will go into the millions.

4. The FPS will be shown. It will be painfully generic and uninspired, showing a complete lack of cohesion or innovation.

5. Multi-crew will be shown. Maybe a scripted boarding assault. It will raise more questions than answers.

6. Chris will wear black. Sandi will wear something awkward.

7. At least one part of the presentation will be repeated due to something loving up.

8. True believers will have their faith increased. Everyone else will just think it's pathetic.

is this the phropecy of Dionysus?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's a lot to hate, but I think most of all I hate the color palette. I'm not a trained artist by any means but it's hard to imagine trained artists signing off on the most horribly drab, gray, lifeless, generic space station imaginable in year of our lord 2015

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm saving all these predictions in a file- after the presentation I'll go back and score 'em.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

There's a lot to hate, but I think most of all I hate the color palette. I'm not a trained artist by any means but it's hard to imagine trained artists signing off on the most horribly drab, gray, lifeless, generic space station imaginable in year of our lord 2015

Trained artists are the $150m stretch goal.

What's important is that Charmin Roberts signed off on it, right after he chose the laces on the boots.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

No Mods No Masters posted:

you read my mind, although I am a trained artist, my thoughts included tyool 2015.
get out of my head.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm the N64 era fog.

I'm the space station design swiped from Alien: Isolation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
Limited edition LTI Giant Foam Finger for melee.

Chris could wave it at various staff members.

• Locked thread