Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

learnincurve posted:

Quail delayed because the barrier is still hosed.

This just in, Quali going ahead on schedule, Fences all fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Tsaedje posted:

Fine and conscious in hospital :unsmith:

I know I've mentioned it before but it says it all when any incident is described in terms of consciousness

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He's tweeted saying he hopes to race tomorrow

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Pastor off already

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Button once again out performs the higher paid team mate.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Alonso has the new faster engine doesn't he?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Only on friday, they put the old one back in

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

Only on friday, they put the old one back in

Why does he still have a 35 grid penalty?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Why does he still have a 35 grid penalty?

Mclaren Honda.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

learnincurve posted:

Alonso has the new faster engine doesn't he?

No, that blew up yesterday so he had to go back to the old model.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Fernando are you disappointed with that?"

*balls shrivel inside*

"Nooo?"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

e: double post

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Martin Brundle saying essentially that stopping people with concussion driving is "health and safety gone mad", what a cock

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Martin Brundle saying essentially that stopping people with concussion driving is "health and safety gone mad", what a cock

That's not what he said at all, he was talking about why not let the drivers race if they are OK.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
This is how much I'm paying attention to qualifying on this garbage track. I've got zero recollection of that conversation.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol Massa, jesus christ

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
What's happening to Massa?

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy

Farmland Park posted:

The brain damage already happened

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Farmland Park posted:

No way that's not a car issue with that much of a gap. That's well beyond a difference in driver

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Button brings the goods.

Tsaedje posted:

No way that's not a car issue with that much of a gap. That's well beyond a difference in driver

Yeah either he cocked it up pretty bad or he had a puncture or something.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That's not what he said at all, he was talking about why not let the drivers race if they are OK.

Problem is if during the middle of a race his brain remembers it's taken a whack and decides to sleep it off

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

He said that back in the day only broken bones would stop drivers, and if there isn't any outward problem then they should be allowed to race and to do otherwise was down to health and safety going mad.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Perez is really sawing at that wheel

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like Hamilton is done

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Murray Walker is 92 we have been told. Happy Birthday Murray, love that guy.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh good, unhappy Lewis coming up.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Oh good, unhappy Lewis coming up.

Such petulance in his body language

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Flávio on sky tomorrow !

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Go NICOOOO!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Eddie Jordan talking out of his arse according to christian horner.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Is that even his hand?

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

nah hes just retarded & poo poo

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
GP2 lap one fun.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I'm watching classic stuff on BBC2, proper Villi train going on, phwoar, five cars going around doing absolutely nothing, not like the poo poo racing we have nowadays am I right

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Don't those impact barriers have to be homologated by the FIA? they seem pretty garbage and cars just instantly submarine under them.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

mrfart posted:

Eddie Jordan talking out of his arse according to christian horner.

"Never say never" on Red Bull crawling back to Renault from him in the same interview

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

Don't those impact barriers have to be homologated by the FIA? they seem pretty garbage and cars just instantly submarine under them.

Losing front suspension in the first part of the crash meant the new, safer, lower nose was running along the ground like a chisel

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

1500quidporsche posted:

He's not dead. What more do you want it to do? Wank him off and repair his car?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

He's not dead. What more do you want it to do? Wank him off and repair his car?

I'm not a physicist but I'm pretty sure a material designed to absorb impacts doesn't work if the cars go under them instead of into them. I didn't see the Sainz crash other than a photo but that looks pretty loving close to a failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh man nasty crash from not Max!

• Locked thread