Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Just caught the episode. God drat have I missed this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Just a heads up: new Gumball every day this week at 6:30pm EST.

Huh, Gumball had the phrase *Fedora wearing neckbeards* in it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Today's episode of Gumball was particularly amazing. The whole week was good though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know how well known this is but I just read that the next season of Adventure Time (starting in November) will have an eight episode run of episodes titled "Stakes" which will go through Marceline's past.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

OMG.

Speaking of which, these -uh...direct-to-DVD? - movies are pretty good, honestly. They're one level below Mystery Inc. imo.And they have pretty great animation.

Also, the new series isn't as horrible as I thought it'd be. It's over the top, wacky humor, which I don't mind, personally.

Also, too. I saw a clip of the first Scooby Doo live action movie, and Velma is HOT. She seems to be very popular in nerd culture, but I never saw the appeal. That short hair plus her chubbiness made her inferior to Daphne in my eyes. But now we have one instance at least where Velma is in fact, way hotter than Daphne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4RjsdJE0I

Why is she wearing such a revealing top anyway?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
If I remember correctly she was trying to blend in with the other possessed 'Cool kids' so she dressed herself up to blend in.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Interweb posted:

Also, too. I saw a clip of the first Scooby Doo live action movie, and Velma is HOT. She seems to be very popular in nerd culture, but I never saw the appeal. That short hair plus her chubbiness made her inferior to Daphne in my eyes. But now we have one instance at least where Velma is in fact, way hotter than Daphne:

:yikes:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I didn't mean it like that. :mad:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"the short hair plus chubbiness made her inferior to Daphne in my eyes"

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
That's one of the most fedora sentences ever written.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Some of the jokes in the new Scooby were funny but the McFarlane-esque style is a bit off putting.

I like Kate Micucci but does anyone have any idea as to why Mindy Cohn lost out on being Velma again? Especially when all the other VAs came back.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Grey Delise has also been replaced after a very long run.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Jack Gladney posted:

Grey Delise has also been replaced after a very long run.

No? She's still playing Daphne.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

kefkafloyd posted:

No? She's still playing Daphne.

Oh wow. I didn't see her when I looked up the cast.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I tried watching an episode today and I thought it was a bold move to replace Fred with a CGI lion voiced by Ben Stiller. (AT&T hosed up their cable listings I guess and I got a half-hour of Madagascar 2 on my DVR today at lunch)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

kefkafloyd posted:

Some of the jokes in the new Scooby were funny but the McFarlane-esque style is a bit off putting.

I like Kate Micucci but does anyone have any idea as to why Mindy Cohn lost out on being Velma again? Especially when all the other VAs came back.

She was probably just busy with another project

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Watching the new Scooby Doo and it honestly seems alrightish. It's not great but it's pretty much standard Scooby Doo but slightly better. The decision to make Daphne "the wacky one" was probably for the best. Normally it would be a bad idea but she's normally so bland that it sorta works.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd probably have less of a gag reflex watching it if they just axed that animation style by the next season. Fred's kind of boring as an ascot wearing Robin, but Grey can pull of weird. Problem is that their token jokes will stretch thin in a few weeks and probably drag down any shag or Velma bits.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 13, 2015

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

axleblaze posted:

Watching the new Scooby Doo and it honestly seems alrightish. It's not great but it's pretty much standard Scooby Doo but slightly better. The decision to make Daphne "the wacky one" was probably for the best. Normally it would be a bad idea but she's normally so bland that it sorta works.

Daphne's new strangeness is alright with me too. I kind of get bored with her being Fred's Girlfriend.

I think she could also stand to share more of the leadership role that she had before during 13 Ghosts or something. Have Fred take kind of a back seat on some adventures.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't like the music chase scenes that seem to be in almost every scooby doo series.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm amazed CN hasn't burnt out it's audience on TTG yet. They just seem to be putting it into more and more of the schedule. It must be bizarrely popular right now. I mean, right now they're advertising "new Thursdays" as "New Titans Thursdays" despite the fact that they haven't actually shown a new episode of TTG on that day since they've started calling it that.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

TTG wouldn't bother me if it wasn't devouring the entirety of CN's schedule. I don't even know if they still have Gumball or that show with the bears anymore. These kinds of things always worry me because it reminds me of what happened to History Channel when it turned into the WWII-ONLY channel for several months and then stopped having history related shows entirely. Or how Adult Swim went from having really good stuff like The Venture Bros. and Metalocalypse to being Family Guy, followed by Big Chin Family Guy, followed by Black Family Guy for 5 hours straight.

I don't want to see CN kill off a whole bunch of shows in favor of becoming the Teen Titans Go channel with 15 minutes of Wabbit and Scooby Doo once a day.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 14, 2015

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

The Skeleton King posted:

I don't even know if they still have Gumball or that show with the bears anymore.

They literally just aired a week of new Gumball episodes last week and are airing a week of new We Bare Bears this week.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Oh. Well that's good. I was worried for a bit. I guess its my fault for muting the TV as soon as I think I hear a commercial, and not even looking at it half the time since I just use it as background noise.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Just finished the Wakfu OVA. It's pretty good.

My only real gripe is that it relies just a bit too much on it's audience having played the games or read the comics to follow the story. The whole Ogrest thing must have come completely out of left field for people who's only exposure to the universe is the animated series on Netflix.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Flobbster posted:

They literally just aired a week of new Gumball episodes last week and are airing a week of new We Bare Bears this week.

They've also done the over-saturation thing with a couple of shows since Johnny Test was banished to Boomerang, it's certainly not something that began with TTG.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
A lot of channels programming consist of marathoning a few shows and sometimes showing movies. They pretty much don't care until it's time to air new episodes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I'm amazed CN hasn't burnt out it's audience on TTG yet. They just seem to be putting it into more and more of the schedule. It must be bizarrely popular right now. I mean, right now they're advertising "new Thursdays" as "New Titans Thursdays" despite the fact that they haven't actually shown a new episode of TTG on that day since they've started calling it that.
I'm amazed the show runners on TTG are the same guys who did Brave and The Bold.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm amazed the show runners on TTG are the same guys who did Brave and The Bold.

I'm not, that show was brilliant (and also funny).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

kefkafloyd posted:

I'm not, that show was brilliant (and also funny).

My point exactly.

Did a Batman fan-boy run over their dog or something?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 15, 2015

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

Oh wow. I didn't see her when I looked up the cast.
Scan for Grey Griffin, not Grey De Lisle.

readingatwork posted:

Just finished the Wakfu OVA. It's pretty good.

My only real gripe is that it relies just a bit too much on it's audience having played the games or read the comics to follow the story. The whole Ogrest thing must have come completely out of left field for people who's only exposure to the universe is the animated series on Netflix.
Ogrest's Chaos was the reason for Nox's final descent into madness and that was covered in another OVA, so I guess it's not completely new to the series.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 15, 2015

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
PS : sorry for the double-post, I wasn't paying attention.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I like the new Scooby-Doo. It's cute and amusing. But, yes, the musical chase scenes are still obnoxious. Always have been. Always will be.

Second season of Wander Over Yonder is really good! Mandrake the Malfeasant!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I am very fond of Evil Sandwich myself. Something about his voice and the fact that he's so over-the-top yet so small makes him very funny. Also, he's pretty much on point about Hater and Peeper.

I'm also really liking Hater regularly going ballistics on other villains.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

xcheopis posted:

I like the new Scooby-Doo. It's cute and amusing. But, yes, the musical chase scenes are still obnoxious. Always have been. Always will be.

And again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6qtATgpe4Q

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It was weird in Mystery Inc where they had that goth band that played music that was really similar but legally distinct to Lacuna Coil.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

axleblaze posted:

It was weird in Mystery Inc where they had that goth band that played music that was really similar but legally distinct to Lacuna Coil.

The Hex Girls are established lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tS9wPqhlJk

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm just saying it was weird how much of a ripoff that song was. It's the one around 18:00. It's incredibly similar but legally distinct to this song

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
apparently they also ripped off the godawful dancing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

axleblaze posted:

I liked when Mystery Inc had an evil zombie ska band.