Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cmon Hal

##vote hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

why are there four votes on SSV

This seems silly, please explain.

##vote Punt oh because he still :siren:s me the most right now.

SSV took your title of most d1 deaths

Also ##unvote because I like puzzle games, but if there's no puzzle game tomorrow then I'm going to see to it you get lynched Hal.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

I thought you were a better person than that Punt.

I am most definitely not!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Voting me is a waste of time. I submitted Puzzle-aligned and so I am puzzle-aligned puzzle master and as such can't be killed by normal means. Voting me is just giving scum a free NK. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It could be!

Soon I will take sign ups for the puzzle game tomorrow. Signing up could give you a reward, or it could cost you something precious. Not signing up could be bad too... Choose wisely!

I am so torn right now, like I don't think this is real but I'm not sure I wanna kill you (today at least) in case I'm wrong.

Gamerofthegame posted:

why are there four votes on SSV

This seems silly, please explain.

##vote Punt oh because he still :siren:s me the most right now.

Why are you acting as if the suspicions on SSV haven't been discussed? I will assume hal and ssv are your scumbros.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8u4CEBVq7s&t=31s

stop voting hal

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm guessing he wanted reasons to vote me beyond "sounding fake"

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

such an in-depth analysis is unlikely to materialize day 1

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

You find his claim believable?

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm guessing he wanted reasons to vote me beyond "sounding fake"

Why didn't you let him answer his own questions?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am willing to let any claim of 'puzzlemeister' ride on to day 2, though it is probably fake since Hal has given us no exact mechanic of signing up for puzzle.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
because SSV has posted sweet gently caress all yet, it's hard to sound "fake" when you haven't actually done anything yet

Feel like a weird scummy pile on to me!!!

One vote is a jokephase vote, one is "dudes fake! look at these two posts he's made thus far!" and then there's Hal "the best of."

Hal please explain your vote! I promise not to vote for your sacrifice to the great temple gods, I'd like your opinion in full! Why is this just a Punt vs SSV vote?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Gamerofthegame posted:

because SSV has posted sweet gently caress all yet, it's hard to sound "fake" when you haven't actually done anything yet

Feel like a weird scummy pile on to me!!!

One vote is a jokephase vote, one is "dudes fake! look at these two posts he's made thus far!" and then there's Hal "the best of."

Hal please explain your vote! I promise not to vote for your sacrifice to the great temple gods, I'd like your opinion in full! Why is this just a Punt vs SSV vote?

I'm third to hal v ssv fwiw

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I won't argue there is an annoying lack of activity from some but your assertion about the state of play right now is counterfactual garbage.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we all have few posts. I don't think that matters, and 300 fake sounding posts in the thread would make me less suspicious, because then I would just assume the person making them types like a weirdo.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Puntification posted:

I'm third to hal v ssv fwiw

How is that relevant? Ignoring Hal wouldn't vote for himself, why would he pick among only people with votes on them right now? Two out of fifteen people?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Gamerofthegame posted:

How is that relevant? Ignoring Hal wouldn't vote for himself, why would he pick among only people with votes on them right now? Two out of fifteen people?

tbh I was skimming and thought you were making a more general statement about the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't like any of the current vote leaders for scum right now; SSV is becoming a typical d1 lynch due to low content, and this feels like more of the same. I'm curious about Hal's puzzlemaster claim, and I don't see the reason to vote punt.

GulagDolls posted:

we all have few posts. I don't think that matters, and 300 fake sounding posts in the thread would make me less suspicious, because then I would just assume the person making them types like a weirdo.

This is a weird post though. You don't think postcount currently matters, but then say people posting tons of weird content would make you less sus of them so therefore postcount does matter to you? sounds like some weird posturing to me.

##vote GulagDolls

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Puntification posted:

You find his claim believable?
better question, do you find jon joe's claim believable?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
in b4 hal gets roleblocked or some nonsense tonight so suddenly he can't puzzle tomorrow.

##unvote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

in b4 hal gets roleblocked or some nonsense tonight so suddenly he can't puzzle tomorrow.

##unvote

If anyone does this I hate you and you should stop playing mafia.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

HiipFire posted:

better question, do you find jon joe's claim believable?

I'll answer you when you do me the same courtesy .

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I don't like any of the current vote leaders for scum right now; SSV is becoming a typical d1 lynch due to low content, and this feels like more of the same. I'm curious about Hal's puzzlemaster claim, and I don't see the reason to vote punt.

This is a weird post though. You don't think postcount currently matters, but then say people posting tons of weird content would make you less sus of them so therefore postcount does matter to you? sounds like some weird posturing to me.

##vote GulagDolls

I said I don't think postcount matters because it is so early in the game, yes, and then made another point about how making a bunch of posts is not a necessary requirement for sounding fake as GOTG implied, and in fact an artificial quality in posting is something that tends to seep through in individual posts and not in someone's entire posting 'style' as a whole.

I don't like how you attempted to frame my post. It's very dishonest. I think you are attempting to appear town by jumping on me because it gives you more of an excuse to not make a significant comment on the other potential murder candidates, and possibly because one or more of them is your scumbuddy.

Kashuno posted:

I like Punt's position and am willing to back it for lack of a better case right now. Votes breed discussion

##vote Hal

I also dislike this statement of an obvious mafia truthism for no reason. Furthermore, I am OMGUSing you with my spaghetti strat, and you will surely die by chainsaw defense. LYLO. ##vote Kashuno

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kashuno posted:

##vote GulagDolls

That's the thing though, my content hasn't even been notably low this game. The only argument against me is that I am fake.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Admittedly my opinion of SSV is currently colored by meta experiences, but it doesn't seem like he's scum this is just how he is and he keeps flipping town over and over when he plays like this.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gulag post a lumpen list

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

I don't like any of the current vote leaders for scum right now; SSV is becoming a typical d1 lynch due to low content, and this feels like more of the same.

He's not being voted for being low content though?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Gulag post a lumpen list

Why are you so obsessed with lumpen lists?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Lumpen's List

Eggs
Milk
Bread
Chicken
Honey
Chai
Graham Crackers
Kale
Bell Peppers
Romaine
Chungo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Puntification posted:

Why are you so obsessed with lumpen lists?

If you actually make one it usually shows your a suspicious dude reaching for poo poo.

You suspicious dude.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

I said I don't think postcount matters because it is so early in the game, yes, and then made another point about how making a bunch of posts is not a necessary requirement for sounding fake as GOTG implied, and in fact an artificial quality in posting is something that tends to seep through in individual posts and not in someone's entire posting 'style' as a whole.

I don't like how you attempted to frame my post. It's very dishonest. I think you are attempting to appear town by jumping on me because it gives you more of an excuse to not make a significant comment on the other potential murder candidates, and possibly because one or more of them is your scumbuddy.

I also dislike this statement of an obvious mafia truthism for no reason. Furthermore, I am OMGUSing you with my spaghetti strat, and you will surely die by chainsaw defense. LYLO. ##vote Kashuno

I really like this response before it got condescending at the end there. It was a good response and clarification of the post I questioned.

##unvote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I will not unvote you Kashuno. you will die today, for the big crum bum mistake you have made, which was questioning me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

I will not unvote you Kashuno. you will die today, for the big crum bum mistake you have made, which was questioning me.

Will I die because you will shoot me with your scum powers?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Gamerofthegame posted:

If you actually make one it usually shows your a suspicious dude reaching for poo poo.

You suspicious dude.

You can't really accuse me legitimately of reaching when I made it obvious I thought people shouldn't take the list seriously and I was just humouring you.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

GulagDolls posted:

Lumpen's List

Eggs
Milk
Bread
Chicken
Honey
Chai
Graham Crackers
Kale
Bell Peppers
Romaine
Chungo

what is chungo?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

Do you have a pr where you have to state the opposite of things

No :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen definitely enjoys kale and graham cracker sandwiches

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Will I die because you will shoot me with your scum powers?

##vote Kashuno I'm getting bad vibes from this guy

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I want to make a non-toxx bet with you all: if I follow gulag's every vote, I will win this game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

jon joe posted:

I want to make a non-toxx bet with you all: if I follow gulag's every vote, I will win this game

I agree

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jon joe posted:

##vote jj

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

##vote jj

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will follow JJ because he is the same alignment as me, but also town I guess?

##vote JJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I will follow JJ because he is the same alignment as me, but also town I guess?

##vote JJ

lol

• Locked thread