Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Washes with a rag on a stick bear

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/iuB70Jv.gif&v=3NXBgSCSrIk&s=13

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

:allears:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

GIVE HER A MAKEOVER
GIVE HER A MAKEOVER

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

GIVE HER A MAKEOVER
GIVE HER A MAKEOVER

that raccoon is tranqued and in a snare and is STILL stoked about being called down on the Price is Right. take notes, everyone

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Aesop Poprock posted:

that raccoon is tranqued and in a snare and is STILL stoked about being called down on the Price is Right. take notes, everyone

It won first prize.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Raccoons roll around in my backyard at night

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Lamech posted:

You have a raccoon breakdancing school in your yard?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Lamech posted:

:3: Awww, he looks so happy.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

cash crab posted:

:3: Awww, he looks so happy.

He realizes that it's OK to raccoon

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

high on :catdrugs:

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Raccoons come in DIFFERENT COLORS NOW wow :eyepop:

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Torontonites are cold-hearted folk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zze3ynmxyYU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

As a Toronto resident, I can assure you I do not approve of this new design. Mostly because a trashbin full of babies is cute.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

"It's not OK to raccoon" -- Toronto

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
When did the internet first start calling them Trash Pandas? Because that's the cutest ever.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

DID YOU KNOW there is a South American species called the crab-eating raccoon

It's like Diet Raccoon

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

goose fleet posted:

DID YOU KNOW there is a South American species called the crab-eating raccoon

It's like Diet Raccoon

It's like a raccoon got bitten by a radioactive otter

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I'm just going to laugh in a few months when the raccoons figure out how to unlock them anyway. That's going to happen and there's nothing anyone can do about it

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm just going to laugh in a few months when the raccoons figure out how to unlock them anyway. That's going to happen and there's nothing anyone can do about it

There's a neat little documentary you can find on Netflix called "Raccoon Nation", where they imply that humanity in general (and city-dwellers more specifically) are actually aiding in the evolution of the species by presenting them with such interesting puzzles to solve. The cleverest ones get the food and pass on genes and Darwin kicks in.

It's probably only a matter of another hundred generations before the little buggers have actual thumbs.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

We'd better domesticate them before they replace us

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

goose fleet posted:

We'd better domesticate them before they replace us

That's probably already in the early stages, with urban raccoons developing human-pleasing traits.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

kafziel posted:

That's probably already in the early stages, with urban raccoons developing human-pleasing traits.

Ooh no! That's why we find them adorable! :freep:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

As a Toronto resident, I can assure you I do not approve of this new design. Mostly because a trashbin full of babies is cute.

Not when they spread lovely diapers all over the place. New neighbors moved in next door to my building and the first week they were here the raccoons got into their bins and tore open the garbage bags with the diapers in it, so the walkway between our houses (and right outside my window) smelt like baby poop until it rained again, even after I cleaned up the mess.

They stopped putting the diapers in the same bag with regular garbage.

The music in that video made it just an adorable romp.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Cash Crab got real hard after her time in women's prison.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Segmentation Fox posted:

There's a neat little documentary you can find on Netflix called "Raccoon Nation", where they imply that humanity in general (and city-dwellers more specifically) are actually aiding in the evolution of the species by presenting them with such interesting puzzles to solve. The cleverest ones get the food and pass on genes and Darwin kicks in.

It's probably only a matter of another hundred generations before the little buggers have actual thumbs.

I'm watching this now: Raccoons are not native to Japan - whose ancient buildings are nearly all made of wood.

In the 1970s, there was a book/animated program about a boy and a raccoon named Rascal going on adventures. Thousands of raccoons were imported as pets. Then at the end, Rascal was released. Guess what all the kids did.

Whoops.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

So how did that work? Who was shipping crates of raccoons to Japan? How did they get so many raccoons?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

goose fleet posted:

So how did that work? Who was shipping crates of raccoons to Japan? How did they get so many raccoons?

Beats me, but it happened

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/childrens-book-behind-japans-raccoon-problem-180954577/?no-ist

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Leafs new starting forward.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

dorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Z1n8O_AOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXbfpP2vDM

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GbnYWXvS1U

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

FIGHT FOR APPELS

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It's OK to rub raccoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY8NJJmYRag

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006

I can confirm, this happens regularly. I was at Moon Palace last winter and they warn you not to leave food in your golf cart because these guys will ransack it. Sure enough I had a crew of 10 scavenge through my cart while I was putting on one hole. The same group managed to find a sandwich in the golf bag of the other people in my group. They also made off with one of their golf gloves.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

My current favourite raccoons are these Halloween Rascal donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

subpar anachronism posted:

My current favourite raccoons are these Halloween Rascal donuts.

Those are too cute to be eaten, imo.