Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
What's this I hear? Joementum is back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

He exists to prove the average conservative voter (consciously or not) is all about politics as celebrity popularity, and team loyalty mentality.

LOL. President Hope and Change followed up by Presidential nominee Bill Clinton's wife.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Patter Song posted:

Also, on a more serious note, have a PPP poll of Pennsylvania

Trump 24
Carson 23
Cruz/Fiorina 9
Jeb!/Christie 7
Rubio 6
Huckabee/Kasich 3
Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum 2
Gilmore/Paul 1
Graham/Jindal/Pataki 0

From that Pennsylvania poll, head to heads:

Carson 52
Trump 38

I think goons might be treating Ben Carson the same way that most of the media and pundits have been treating Trump.

"Oh he will never make it, he's gonna flame out any day now"...that was 4 months ago.

Carson has consistently been in 2nd for about a month now and he is still climbing and most goons, myself included, are only treating him as an afterthought who will be washed away any minute now in a sea of stupid things he has said and continues to say.

Montasque posted:

I still think a big part of why Trump is doing this(other than the ego stroking) is to get back at the old money elites who have turned their noses up at him his entire life. Would go far to explain the absolute viciousness with which he attacks Jeb!

I would completely support this if his tax plan wasn't a huge giveaway to the old money millionaires and their soon to be estate taxless heirs.

The Nastier Nate fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 14, 2015

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 194 days!

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL. President Hope and Change followed up by Presidential nominee Bill Clinton's wife.

So which is it? Is she a "career politician" or "just an ex-President's wife"?

(I know it's you Boosted <3)

Incidentally, Trump is so going to dissolve once someone lands a real burn on him.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Fiorina landed a pretty good burn on him in the 2nd debate.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think goons might be treating Ben Carson the same way that most of the media and pundits have been treating Trump.

"Oh he will never make it, he's gonna flame out any day now"...that was 4 months ago.

Carson has consistently been in 2nd for about a month now and he is still climbing and most goons, myself included, are only treating him as an afterthought who will be washed away any minute now in a sea of stupid things he has said and continues to say.

Yeah no. You need to maintain a lead for much longer than a month before it solidifies. Not saying he will or won't flame out but he hasn't been under the spotlight long enough yet to make that call.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

How many fuckups has Carson had compared to Trump? There's the abortion study and the shooting, off the top of my head.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Forums Terrorist posted:

How many fuckups has Carson had compared to Trump? There's the abortion study and the shooting, off the top of my head.

If Jews had guns

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The GOP's fourth debate has been set as November 10th in Milwaukee on Fox Business, which is allegedly a cable channel. Up until literally yesterday that debate, which is less than a month from now, was "November TBA." This means that the 10/28 CNBC debate and this one will be just two weeks apart.

Scott Walker will likely take advantage of his homefield advantage...oh. :byewhore:

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Think of it this way: if Fiorina wins, you're going to have a shitton of "straight out of the headlines" material forCommand: Modern Air Naval Operations scenarios!

Granted, Lindsey Graham might offer the same

If she's planning on hitting those ship numbers with a whole bunch of LCSs configured for boring roles like minesweeping, then gently caress that. What we really need is a President willing to recommission the Iowas, builld F/B-22s, SV-22s, F-16XLs (make that block 70/72), arsenal ships, Zumwalts and RAH-66s (for the Iowas, natch).

Oh, and convince the Chinese to buy and renovate the Kirov, Frunze, etc. while keeping the names.

It's all finally coming together!! :circlefap:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I've thought for a while Carson has a chance. But all this nonsense he's saying would destroy him in the general.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pib6qk6vAc

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Poor Rand, he could never make it to the debates

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

This video makes me feel kinda sorry for this guy. His weird dad named him "Rand", he was raised according to the principle of an inhumane ideology, and now, in a futile attempt to finally gain the paternal love he always craved but lacked to vocalize, he is involved in a political career that merely turns him into the laughingstock of a nation...

Poor kid.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ibogaine posted:

This video makes me feel kinda sorry for this guy. His weird dad named him "Rand", he was raised according to the principle of an inhumane ideology, and now, in a futile attempt to finally gain the paternal love he always craved but lacked to vocalize, he is involved in a political career that merely turns him into the laughingstock of a nation...

Poor kid.

I am sorry you feel sorry for him.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i drink rands tears

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ibogaine posted:

Poor kid.

Rand is named Randal, he choose to go by Rand

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

AfroLine posted:

I am sorry you feel sorry for him.

It's alright, really. You know, at some point he was just a small baby, full of wonder and potential, not knowing that he would eventually be moulded into Rand Paul...

If I ever met him, I would give him a hug and whisper into his ear that, yes, there is no shame in loving and being loved.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i would whisper "what the gently caress is going on with your hair"

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

jackofarcades posted:

I actually had to google this. :lol:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ibogaine posted:

It's alright, really. You know, at some point he was just a small baby, full of wonder and potential, not knowing that he would eventually be moulded into Rand Paul...

If I ever met him, I would give him a hug and whisper into his ear that, yes, there is no shame in loving and being loved.

paranoid randroid posted:

And then kiss him on the neck while your hand glides down his back, giving his rear end a quick squeeze.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

jackofarcades posted:

I didn't know that. I thought it was really Rand.

Still, I stand by my interpretation that his views and outlook of life indicate that he never had the chance to formulate a single independent thought or idea in his life. He was probably conditioned to feel crushing shame and guilt if his mind ever strayed from his father's narrow and love-denying ideology.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Hey guys Carson is still in the race propped up by the establishment/anti-establishment anybody-but-Trump-or-Jeb faction, I'm starting to think he's inevitable

Get loving real

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i could never love a man who looks like he scalped someones labradoodle to make his hairpiece

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

jackofarcades posted:

Oh...my god.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

paranoid randroid posted:

Ramos posted:

And then kiss him on the neck while your hand glides down his back, giving his rear end a quick squeeze.

That is when I would feel Rand's token resistance melting away in the heat of the moment like snow in the sunshine.

(I wonder if we are the first people on the internet coming up with steaming fan fiction about Rand Paul. Probably not, though).

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

crazy cloud posted:

lol awesome

laws affecting billionaires "yeah we're not even gonna go through the motions of pretending to enforce this poo poo"

laws affecting anyone else "give the cops tanks and bazookas"

:patriot:

Don’t believe me? It’s all in the numbers. For a hundred years, there’s been a conspiracy of plutocrats against ordinary people.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

crazy cloud posted:

lol awesome

laws affecting billionaires "yeah we're not even gonna go through the motions of pretending to enforce this poo poo"

In 1945, corporations paid 50 percent of federal taxes. Now they pay about 5 percent. Number two: in 1900, 90 percent of Americans were self-employed; now it’s about two percent.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

crazy cloud posted:

lol awesome

It’s called consolidation. Strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals. With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ranking of GOP based on hair

1) mitt romney - superb, simply impeccable
2) rick perry - not called "goodhair" for nothing!
3) jon huntsman - at least he'll crack the top five in this race
4) lindsey graham - this 'do ain't just "whistlin' dixie"!
5) jeb bush - it connotes excitement

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
US President Randall Paul sounds like he should be a hard-chinned retired general in an action movie not a skinny goober.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mitt Romney really did have the most presidential hair :allears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

reignofevil posted:

US President Randall Paul sounds like he should be a hard-chinned retired general in an action movie not a skinny goober.

"president paul, the terrorists have the nukes"
"how many nukes, bletchley?"
"all of them sir"
"my god..."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

reignofevil posted:

Randal isn't a tough name. Randal the Macho Man Savagal?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Randall "Paul" Clench: president, warfighter, father

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

We need to assign movie president types too all the candidates.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Bernie just got Trumped:
https://instagram.com/p/80rWSdGhT0/

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TheTatteredKing posted:

We need to assign movie president types too all the candidates.

Mike "The Sheriff" Huckabee: "Dag nab it, them ISIS boys jumped the General Ali over the county line!" Throws down hat, stomps on it.

sullat fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 14, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie certainly Trump'd in that he surpassed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Wow, that's the first possibly non-ironic use of a record scratch noise I've heard in like... a dozen years?

• Locked thread