Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I loved the ending of the Battle Royal where Crews just kept jumpkicking Corbin in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

I loved the ending of the Battle Royal where Crews just kept jumpkicking Corbin in the head.

Corbin's strategy of being really tall failed to take into account Crews' strategy of being able to jump really, really high.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

no dana brooke, C- episode

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

no dana brooke, C- episode

There was, she defeated Asuka.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

not enough dana brooke, D+

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Sockser posted:

I think it's a real shame that Corey Graves has a bad case of Crosby-brain because I'm convinced that he could've been one of the top talents of all time.

I still think he'll be an amazing commentator on the main roster of Vince dies.

I dunno man Im all in for Graves on commentary but his slow rear end work-a-limb offense had absolutely nothing behind it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Interesting news in the Observer this week:

quote:

Blue Pants (Leva Bates) is not expected to be used going forward. She was never under contract. It ruffled a lot of feathers that she had gotten over in a quirky way and there was heat with her. They had continued to use her because she got over in that cult way, in the sense fans were chanting for her at the road shows and they knew she’d get a big pop in Brooklyn. But once Alexa Bliss beat her, that was pretty much supposed to be the end of her.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

beggar posted:

I dunno man Im all in for Graves on commentary but his slow rear end work-a-limb offense had absolutely nothing behind it

I think he means Graves' commentary would be sharper if he hadn't had so many concussions

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

rovert posted:

You must be devastated

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I really hope Bayley gets her smile back soon, because mopey champ Bayley isn't doing poo poo for me. Also someone needs to get fired for letting Nia come out in that terrible gear.

Jerusalem posted:

Dana deliriously giggling because she thought she'd won the match, and Emma just quietly saying,"Yeah.... you did great....." may have been the highlight of a very good show for me.

I can't remember the last time WWE did something (non New Day Related) that made me laugh this hard.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm just now watching because of baseball and holy poo poo that pop for the Vaudevillians

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DM Punk posted:

Same people who let Billie Kay and Peyton Royce wear terrible gear too. Since Sasha's significant other is the seamster/tailor of NXT, I blame him.

other than Nia Jax every NXT women's wrestler has worn a slight variation of the same reinforced sports bra/hot pants, even Asuka's pre-NXT gear was almost aesthetically the same

I mean Bayley wears long tights but that's the only other option

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

I can't remember the last time WWE did something (non New Day Related) that made me laugh this hard.

if you didn't giggle like an idiot when r-truth though he was in money in the bank then i don't know what to tell you

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mob posted:

other than Nia Jax every NXT women's wrestler has worn a slight variation of the same reinforced sports bra/hot pants, even Asuka's pre-NXT gear was almost aesthetically the same

I mean Bayley wears long tights but that's the only other option

let her borrow one of baron corbin's jackets and give her a pair of jorts or something

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

maybe she's a genie and we just don't know it yet

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I thought her outfit would involve black, white, or VHS-error rainbows, like in her 98 promos

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Man that was a really good episode of NXT minus Stephanie talking about whatever.

Also where's the scoop about how Devin was released?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Ruggington posted:

if you didn't giggle like an idiot when r-truth though he was in money in the bank then i don't know what to tell you

I prefer "There better not be no spiders in that briefcase!"

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

rovert posted:

I recall HHH saying during the NXT panel that there's some stuff he just doesn't get why it's over but the fans clamor for more and so he'll roll with it. Way that snippet is worded, I'm thinking this is precisely the who and what of that equation, and I would guess the heat being from signed wrestlers feeling like they're losing time from someone with no future. It all seems reasonable.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just watched today's episode has anyone mentioned that Nia jax is wearing King Mabel's gear

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
After an eternity of promos for Nia Jax, we get the Montgolfier Brothers' hot air balloon in human form.

It was bothering me for the past couple of hours what she looked like and I finally figured it out! Her ring gear is awful, all the pictures of what she was wearing before made her look like a badass, not a centuries old hot air balloon.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did people just instantaneously turn against Joe because everyone's pulling for Tyler to get his break or has this been building?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AlmightyPants posted:

all the pictures of what she was wearing before made her look like a badass,

Maybe it's just me but I thought that gear along with her hair made her look like Bad-era Michael Jackson.

Not that 70s easy chair is an improvement, mind you.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Did people just instantaneously turn against Joe because everyone's pulling for Tyler to get his break or has this been building?

It came off like the former. Tyler has been kinda lost in the shuffle ever since the influx of big name indie guys (KO, Balor, Joe, etc.) and probably has lots of sympathy from fans who recognize that and feel that he deserves better, being gorgeous and all.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Alexa vs Bailey should be interesting and is probably the best move right now, looking forward to see how much she's improved since her sparkle princess phase.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

soapgish posted:

I recall HHH saying during the NXT panel that there's some stuff he just doesn't get why it's over but the fans clamor for more and so he'll roll with it. Way that snippet is worded, I'm thinking this is precisely the who and what of that equation, and I would guess the heat being from signed wrestlers feeling like they're losing time from someone with no future. It all seems reasonable.
Eh, saying someone has heat backstage isn't really a huge revelation. I bet that could be said for 90% of wrestlers, and it's also the kind of thing that's mostly unproveable, especially since with wrestlers there's believable reasons to guess at them having heat for whatever reason. I figure it's probably just the practical version of your thoughts - there really isn't much point in having Blue Pants in to build heat if they could get another jobbing face who they want to stick around to do it, and if HHH doesn't get her appeal, then it's likely he doesn't know where to take her from there anyway.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Joe came into NXT with a big pop but people seemed to cool off on him pretty quickly. It probably didn't help that he was feuding with Owens but was still like Owens' third priority at the time.

Nia's gear was pretty bad but not as bad as Fulton's necklace tattoo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Revenant Threshold posted:

Eh, saying someone has heat backstage isn't really a huge revelation. I bet that could be said for 90% of wrestlers, and it's also the kind of thing that's mostly unproveable, especially since with wrestlers there's believable reasons to guess at them having heat for whatever reason. I figure it's probably just the practical version of your thoughts - there really isn't much point in having Blue Pants in to build heat if they could get another jobbing face who they want to stick around to do it, and if HHH doesn't get her appeal, then it's likely he doesn't know where to take her from there anyway.

Not like she doesn't have heat on the indies. For a host of reasons from her attitude and in ring. A lot people don't like talking about it publicly though as she still has a lot of friends in Wrestling and her fanbase is pretty intense so you will end up alienating yourself.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
love her or hate her you have to respect blue pants

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Seams posted:

Joe came into NXT with a big pop but people seemed to cool off on him pretty quickly. It probably didn't help that he was feuding with Owens but was still like Owens' third priority at the time.

The crowd last night was particularly egregious with their chanting. It was like a cat with a bladder problem trying to mark its territory. They clearly view themselves as such a part of NXT that they need to support "one of their own" and make sure that Breeze gets cheered over Joe.

I hope Full Sail never gets another Takeover just to spite them for how annoying the crowd has become. The most telling image of the episode was during Alexa's promo. Right behind her on camera, there was a guy who kept trying to WHAT but her rhythm was just different enough that every time he opened his mouth he had to stop. Eventual he just clapped with a really defeated look on his face. Chanting was his priority, not the story unfolding in front of him and he looked salty when that was taken from him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So... People who don't like Blue Pants don't speak up because people like her? In wrestling! Stunning revelations here.

Given the content of the ESPN:60 special, I always thought HHH was referring to Tyler when saying he doesn't get it for some people's popularity. The footage was from when Demott was still around, but they mentioned Breeze as having been around since FCW and being a "fish or cut bait" guy. They're running with his popularity, but he clearly has a ceiling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Seams posted:

love her or hate her you have to respect blue pants

Not really. Having a female enhancement talent who knows how to properly sell and that throws good strikes was a welcome change last night.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Illinois Smith posted:

Alexa vs Bailey should be interesting and is probably the best move right now, looking forward to see how much she's improved since her sparkle princess phase.

I think she'll be pretty good. Not Horsewomen good of course, but she absolutely looked like she had a fair amount of potential, she was just green as hell. Hopefully she's tightened up that Sparkle Splash and the flipping double knees.

I don't know how imposing she would be in a match as a tiny little heel, though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Go RV! posted:

I don't know how imposing she would be in a match as a tiny little heel, though.
I actually kinda want to see Alexa vs Nia Jax just for the hilarious size discrepancy.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Rovert shut up about women.

Everyone else shut up about the Full Sail crowd.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Nia Jax didn't really do it for me, as her entrance music didn't match the "Doom and gloom" feel of her vignettes at all. She also smiled a little too much, and it looked like she was trying to look happy inside of Asuka's "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE NOW" smile.

But I miss Kharma so I'm a little biased.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

fart blood posted:

But I miss Kharma so I'm a little biased.
Kharma is absolutely immobile right now, if her match at Bound for Glory is any consideration. She's become The Great Khali of women wrestlers, having people bump around her and her taking ages to set up moves. She tried climbing up the turnbuckle, but she had to move one foot on one rope, then the other foot, then repeat to get on the middle rope. Her back is absolutely destroyed, which can be seen by the way she stands and walks around.

I think people booing Joe last night was simply because they saw that it was going to likely be Finn vs. Joe, and they really hate predictable things at Full Sail, so they wanted to rail against it and try to change the outcome just because they thought they could. They've gotten really full of themselves there, and won't hesitate to make things change on a weekly basis to suit their need to be in control over the company.

That's my personal opinion, though. The chants they spew forth do nothing to dissuade me from it.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 15, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Go RV! posted:

I think the first segment with her snatching the belt and then taunting Bailey while she hides behind her two dubstep henchmen was be a good indication of how this feud's gonna go. Just have her rely on cheating and her great facial expressions. It's a dynamic they haven't really used in a while.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if they are going to give Bayley a tag team to counter Blake and Murphy. Has she really interacted with anyone in the tag division?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The only people she's on good terms with have already left for WWE.

• Locked thread