Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Aurain posted:

There's nothing remotely identifiable about him in that trailer he's being a huge baby.

The Gerstmann Experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The jacket says MD on it, it's clearly meant to be Dr. tracksuit. I doubt Jeff's particularly serious about being mad about it though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I sincerely doubt anyone who knows who it is will take it as some sort of Gerstmann Endorsement and will instead recognise it as a few devs/people in marketing having a little fun because they're huge nerds.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Muddy Burphy posted:

Is he the only fat bearded white guy to ever wear a tracksuit?

no but it's obviously supposed to be his face

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

no but it's obviously supposed to be his face

How can you tell? They all look at the same to me.

Fat pasty beardo nerds, that is.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It would be a ridiculous coincidence that they just happened to come up with a bearded, fat character in a tracksuit with 'MD' on it and identical oversized reflective sunglasses. It's very, very clearly meant to be Dr Tracksuit.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

it's a good thing the game's going to be poo poo because if it was good and Giant Bomb gave it a good review there'd be a bunch of Ethics In Games people yelling oh, collusion!.

While I haven't been in a position to check for myself, I assume that Gerstmann has a penis. That should protect him from the worst of the Ethics In Gaming Journalism blowback.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jeff Gerstmann is a national treasure. Also there a 0% chance he's actually upset about this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!
If that's so, you guys should probably have gotten more into the being pirates and plundering things thing back in the 1700s then.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Aurain posted:

If that's so, you guys should probably have gotten more into the being pirates and plundering things thing back in the 1700s then.

Paul Burchill better be a part of the DLC.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pirate Paul Burchill was in svr07 and you could give Khali his entrance and Khali's legs would clip through the floor. That's my story about Burchill on video games, I hope you liked it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

projecthalaxy posted:

Pirate Paul Burchill was in svr07 and you could give Khali his entrance and Khali's legs would clip through the floor. That's my story about Burchill on video games, I hope you liked it.

I give it a 6

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I came into this thread expecting something awesome happening.

Instead it's about some dumb writer on a website.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

89 posted:

I came into this thread expecting something awesome happening.

it's the wrestling video games thread there was never a remote loving chance of something "awesome" happening here

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Shima Honnou posted:

the only famous gamers that matter are xavier and the rest, all the others are just smarks who don't know how to work

Do you know the Kacho?!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, 2K has redone the trailer without Girthman.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Are we sure it wasn't just Kevin Owens but in a tracksuit?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Shima Honnou posted:

he's walking down the ramp, not back up it so my money is on Geoff Girthmann

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I doubt he's furious, but I would be annoyed at the possible assumptions that he's involved with a game franchise, much less one as terrible as this one

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Shima Honnou posted:

I dunno, Jeff's been losing weight recently.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

MotU posted:

he's walking down the ramp, not back up it so my money is on Geoff Girthmann

lol true

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The belt creator actually looks kinda decent.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Lodin posted:

Lol, 2K has redone the trailer without Girthman.

still sour about that 8.8 huh

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Fawf posted:

still sour about that 8.8 huh

I do not read any video game publications and don't actually know who Gerstman is or what he's done aside from being a video game man, but I am going to make a joke that this is what it registers on the Richter scale when he walks.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
If anyone's still playing Supercard, they added teams today. I'd start up a LLJK or PSP or whatever you want to call it one if no one else does. Apparently it confers benefits?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jeff Gerstmann is better than all of you loving marks

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
who the gently caress cares. Let's talk about things that matter like JOHNNY loving CAGE in Immortals. Johnny cage is cool and good and I can't wait to spend my time grinding xp and tokens to get him.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I bought a PS4 a few days ago. Tried the UFC demo, and wow it sure does suck. Nothing but flying flipping kicks and superman punches. I actually really enjoyed the older versions, but I'm not sure the series is for me anymore.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So this is something; in my current TEW2013 game one of the guys listed under the Next Big Thing tag is a random lower card dude.Now this wouldn't be too strange if he had amazing star quality or was super talented but he's not particularily charismatic, doesn't have much star quality and he isn't as talented as the other people in my lower card.

I guess he has just gotten an amazing destiny roll or something.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

triplexpac posted:

I bought a PS4 a few days ago. Tried the UFC demo, and wow it sure does suck. Nothing but flying flipping kicks and superman punches. I actually really enjoyed the older versions, but I'm not sure the series is for me anymore.

I refuse to believe the Fight Night team worked on this because it's so much more ridiculous in how the constant parries and spinning techniques make it into nothing resembling sport.

Too bad you can't get an updated roster into UFC 3.

The UFC mobile game is more realistic even though it's a drat card game.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 15, 2015

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

GenericMartini posted:

who the gently caress cares. Let's talk about things that matter like JOHNNY loving CAGE in Immortals. Johnny cage is cool and good and I can't wait to spend my time grinding xp and tokens to get him.

Just fueling my fever dream of getting the full fledged game.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Wrestling might finally produce a decent video game

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

beggar posted:

Just fueling my fever dream of getting the full fledged game.

So they added The Miz then?

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Testekill posted:

So this is something; in my current TEW2013 game one of the guys listed under the Next Big Thing tag is a random lower card dude.Now this wouldn't be too strange if he had amazing star quality or was super talented but he's not particularily charismatic, doesn't have much star quality and he isn't as talented as the other people in my lower card.

Next Big Thing is weird, because what it's actually checking for is stat caps. If someone comes up under Next Big Thing, it means that he's 29 or younger, is booked in your midcard or lower, and will cap at B or better in Psychology, Charisma, and one or two other stats. It also means that his popularity cap is going to be somewhere between high and extremely high, depending on the phrase which is used to describe his future superstardom.

TEW being TEW, the only documentation for this was a message board thread in which a community member figured this out, posted it, and then got dogpiled by people who didn't understand the word "cap."

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
"For the first time ever CREATE-A-SHOW! Please ignore the fact this was already in Universe Mode since Smackdown vs Raw!"

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Pretty sure create a show was on one of the N64 games, maybe WM2K?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There's been various forms of create-a-show in many games. Between booking PPVs to play out, making arenas and endless management/booking modes, this doesn't seem to be anything other than a new name. Even WCW Mayhem on the PSX had an option to create a PPV card to run. Even making it a regular show to set up 'weekly' is no different than Universe mode could do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gypsyshred posted:

Pretty sure create a show was on one of the N64 games, maybe WM2K?

create a ppv was in no mercy and it was actually ahead of its time with how versatile it was

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Testekill posted:

He's the HHH of your world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Fawf posted:

Wrestling might finally produce a decent video game

what a fool shoulda waited for MV