Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

who does the face in the middle of the tag belong to

it's Nono!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
AGE is still pretty good five episodes in and the annoying rear end in a top hat pilot turned out to not be an annoying rear end in a top hat for the most part.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

AGE is still pretty good five episodes in and the annoying rear end in a top hat pilot turned out to not be an annoying rear end in a top hat for the most part.

...is this post about Woolf? :crossarms:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dogsicle posted:

...is this post about Woolf? :crossarms:

Yes. Even though he's a boastful moron, he's (so far) turned out to be friendly and have good intentions, so he's not too bad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yes. Even though he's a boastful moron, he's (so far) turned out to be friendly and have good intentions, so he's not too bad.

i misread at first, thinking you didn't like him. but yeah, he was a high point in what little i watched, and his custom suits are all cool

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Also, good job getting Gundamjacked by a five year old, Flit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is going to be another round of watching one man's slow descent into madness isn't it? :sigh:

Turn back now, there are much better shows! :ohdear:.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Also, good job getting Gundamjacked by a five year old, Flit.

Save yourself!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

who does the face in the middle of the tag belong to

i recommend you watch both Gunbuster and Diebuster, if you haven't.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Droyer posted:

i recommend you watch both Gunbuster and Diebuster, if you haven't.

i don't recognize that character from gunbuster though?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie Muppari posted:

i don't recognize that character from gunbuster though?

That's because she's Nono, from Diebuster

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Welp... Episode 18 cleared. I didn't think they were gonna kill off Shakti, but i guess they did it. Now she, the dog, Suzy and the baby could all still be alive, but being ejected into the cold vacuum of space without anyone knowing about it seems like a death sentence to me. It's like going overboard on a cruise ship, but worse.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Logicblade posted:

Welp... Episode 18 cleared. I didn't think they were gonna kill off Shakti, but i guess they did it. Now she, the dog, Suzy and the baby could all still be alive, but being ejected into the cold vacuum of space without anyone knowing about it seems like a death sentence to me. It's like going overboard on a cruise ship, but worse.

I hope you're not dropping the Usso kill count. I really wanna know how high it gets!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Don't worry I'm not, though I really should have done a Shrike Team kill count though, because they're the ones doing most of the cockpit exploding. Usso will engage the mechs, and then boom, Shrike Team potshot kills the sorry bastard. The count is still at 7!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I first heard of Gundam in a used bookstore when I found an English translated copy of the first Gundam novel. When Gundam came to the states I was pretty excited to see Amuro Rei battle Sha Aznable and the Duchy of Jion.

e: Tomino was in Houston nearly a decade ago and I went to go hear him talk about Gundam. It was really cool but I don't recall most of what was said. He autographed a few people's gunpla, and I had brought the book but he left before I could ask him to sign it.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Another episode down, and we finally figured out who Shakti's mom is. The Queen of Zanscare herself. Oh man. Usso was ready to take some heads, but once again reinforcements showed up before he could add some notches to his kill count. I don't know how to feel about Chronicle, he's not competent enough to be threatening, but he's not incompetent enough to be funny either. For the Char Clone of the series, he really only feels like that because he wears a mask on earth. I think that it may be a stretch to call him a Char.

This Gin Gehannam though... who the hell put him in charge of the League Militiare? He's a body double right? He has to be.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Logicblade posted:

Another episode down, and we finally figured out who Shakti's mom is. The Queen of Zanscare herself. Oh man. Usso was ready to take some heads, but once again reinforcements showed up before he could add some notches to his kill count. I don't know how to feel about Chronicle, he's not competent enough to be threatening, but he's not incompetent enough to be funny either. For the Char Clone of the series, he really only feels like that because he wears a mask on earth. I think that it may be a stretch to call him a Char.

This Gin Gehannam though... who the hell put him in charge of the League Militiare? He's a body double right? He has to be.

Yeah Chronicle's definitely one of the weaker Chars, along with Mr. Bushido and Zeheart.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Droyer posted:

Yeah Chronicle's definitely one of the weaker Chars, along with Mr. Bushido and Zeheart.
Not that it makes him better but wasn't it sorta the point of Mr bushido that nobody took him seriously and could see right through his disguise. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I want someone to mix Usso with the WWE's Uso Brothers.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Oh man, there have been a few skirmishes this episode, and Usso is back on the board after taking a ten episode hiatus. He shot down three mechs this episode, but one of the pilots ejected before the mech was destroyed. I got to say, Usso is a dirty little cheater, suggesting the use of microwaves to induce nausea. I mean it's clever, but wow. Some weird relationship drama this episode, and Junko's death flag could not be raised any higher at this point. She's probably dead next episode. We'll see if the League can actually take out the Kelas Guilie next episode.

Usso's Confirmed Kill Count: 9

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Logicblade posted:

Oh man, there have been a few skirmishes this episode, and Usso is back on the board after taking a ten episode hiatus. He shot down three mechs this episode, but one of the pilots ejected before the mech was destroyed. I got to say, Usso is a dirty little cheater, suggesting the use of microwaves to induce nausea. I mean it's clever, but wow. Some weird relationship drama this episode, and Junko's death flag could not be raised any higher at this point. She's probably dead next episode. We'll see if the League can actually take out the Kelas Guilie next episode.

Usso's Confirmed Kill Count: 9

I love the giant dick n' balls cannon

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I feel for Chronicle. he's just a guy who's sister became Queen of the Space Fanatics and he'S trying his best to help her and make the best of a bad situation, but goddamn is he not up to the task. It's like if some random schlob got stuck in the Char chair.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

I feel for Chronicle. he's just a guy who's sister became Queen of the Space Fanatics and he'S trying his best to help her and make the best of a bad situation, but goddamn is he not up to the task. It's like if some random schlob got stuck in the Char chair.

He's Jerid without what made Jerid enjoyable to watch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chronicle gave us one good thing. I'd post it but it's a spoiler.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

:allears:

Keep watching. Never stop posting.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

nuru posted:

:allears:

Keep watching. Never stop posting.

I'm planning to! I might not stick through the whole thing, though, I'll stop when it gets truly unbearable.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm planning to! I might not stick through the whole thing, though, I'll stop when it gets truly unbearable.

I hope you like it all the way through

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

This episode was a bloodbath, three mech kills for Usso, and he blew up three support ships as well. I don't know how many kills those count for, but we'll just say two each to make it fair. They didn't look like huge battleships, just the small ones that the Zoloats rode in on. Pretty gutsy strategy to ram their battleship, but it worked like a charm. I'm too used to Legend of the Galactic Heroes where they pulled out axes for close combat battles, but I can admire this one nonetheless. I'm honestly more surprised Junko survived this episode considering how hard they were signaling her death.

Usso's Confirmed Kill Count: 18

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

I hope you like it all the way through

I also hope I like it all the way through, because I like it when I can like things. Liking things is cool.

I mean, regardless of what happens, AGE will still have ridiculously good character and mecha design.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I also hope I like it all the way through, because I like it when I can like things. Liking things is cool.

I mean, regardless of what happens, AGE will still have ridiculously good character and mecha design.

There was a lot I liked about AGE, I hope you enjoy the enjoyable parts!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Ah but that's age's secret weapon, it doesn't get truly awful until you're far enough in to get caught up in the sunk cost fallacy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just like Zeheart.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm not a fan of AGE's character design, but then again I love the 80s cheese in ZZ's character design and the 90s animeness of X's character design, so maybe I'm just weird. :shobon:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't mind AGE's character designs at first. I was never a huge fan of them, but they were fine. Problem is though later on it feels like there's a shift in character design, so an early character and a later character look like they belong to two different shows.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I've finished episode 22, and Usso's kill count is finally catching up to the episode count. I have to say I really like the Abigor, was the Abigorbine in Build Fighters based off of it? This was a nice little episode, and this might actually be one of my favourite takes on the sympathetic bad guy archetype, even though he's not really that sympathetic in comparison to other people in his archetype, he's a much better dude than the regular Zanscare Rank and File. Two kills today, and he made the Abigor shoot his own team mate, so that's pretty hardcore.

Usso's Confirmed Kill Count: 20

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah the Abigorbine is based on the Abigor. I gotta say I prefer it in purple over the bluish green of the Abigor, but purple is my favorite color so :shrug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It's an Abigor customized to look like the Dunbine from Aura Battler Dunbine.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I've gotten up to episode 25 now, and it's looking like Shakti is going to be a permanent fixture on the Zanscare side now that the world knows she's their princess. It's also looking like Katejina is never coming back to the LM, though she wasn't really much a member to begin with. The fake Jin finally outed himself, there is no way that blowhard could possibly lead a guerilla movement this large. Anyway, now Victory is just taunting us with Shrike team death flags, we know three of them died like 12 episodes ago, so you're just waiting for the other shoe to drop, and you're teased into it, and it doesn't happen. On the kill count side, Usso destroyed another Zoloat, and hit one guy in the face with one of those finger wires. Considering they're strong enough to wrap up grunt suits, I imagine getting hit in the face by one is pretty devastating, so I'm gonna count it as a kill. The Victory also got kicked in the crotch by the Sandhoge, which was pretty freaking funny.

Usso's Confirmed Kill Count: 22

Let's see if he captures Shakti's mother or not, but we'll do that tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajiAvb_XfNM