Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Phone posted:

Some dude lied (to be fair, everytime he posted it was something extraordinary happening to him vs like STR where something extra ordinary happened), got caught/found out, and told TT to gently caress off.
Oh, so it's just some internet thing, not real life thing involving kastein.
To be fair, nearly every regular has told TT to gently caress off at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Fo3 posted:

To be fair, nearly every regular has told TT to gently caress off at least once.

He shot sand up my vagina and now I'm cranky as a 3 year old eating sprouts.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Cage posted:

Am I a bad AI poster for only wanting to do work on my "cool" car and not the winter beater? I changed the spark plugs in the summer car a few months ago, and I should do it for the winter car but meeeh. It even has 2 less cylinders but I'm thinking of having a shop do it.

If it makes you feel better, I had the dealer change the oil in my tundra. I went to Walmart, looked up the oil filter, and it was one of those messy cartridge jobs. Googled the oil change procedure and found out the skid plate had to come off and that was that. Let the dealer do it for $51. Not worth my time.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I vaguely remember buying tt about $25 of avatars

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Moxie Omen posted:

I vaguely remember buying tt about $25 of avatars
I spoiled someones fun once when they bought him a gay related avatar and I quickly blanked it out with something that said "hello".

I've always been pro TT. You'll get your jdm forester some day, lil buddy.

edit: Holy geez

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Tusen+Takk

Adding a border to my avatar 4 years later was totally worth the :10bux:

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 16, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Some people have had a lot of loving avatars.

Holy poo poo Rhyno :psyduck:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Fo3 posted:

I don't believe I have told TT to gently caress off.

Regardless, I don't think the Norwegian owes me an explanation for posting that picture and saying it was a selfie. He had already explained that the tesla incident was being dealt with by tesla and he couldn't use the pictures or something. I'd like to continue to hear about his life since it is interesting, but I'd also not blame him for avoiding a witch hunt. I don't think we initially jumped for his throat, either. The two pictures were posted asking what was up and if there was an explanation, and we never got one. He didn't even try, even though he did tell TT to more or less gently caress off.

Also, TT, don't gently caress off.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I liked fjellnorsk's stories, I hope they're true. It'd be nice if he came back.

Anyone ever driven a Figaro? I really like the look of them but I think they're all auto? I'm sure that could be fixed.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Never driven one, but yeah, as I understand it, they're all auto.

Of course, if you're removing the engine and box to sort that, you may as well put an SR20DET in there.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

El Jebus posted:

I don't believe I have told TT to gently caress off.

Also, TT, don't gently caress off.
I don't think TT should gently caress off either. I was saying that point wasn't controversial.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Never driven one, but yeah, as I understand it, they're all auto.

Of course, if you're removing the engine and box to sort that, you may as well put an SR20DET in there.

I like the way you think. They're basically a micra underneath so parts should be common.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You're yoking right?

I got shafted this morning, but breakdowns like that are great for keeping things interesting. The Spicer Life really. I'm sure I can get at least half round this situation without busting a cap though

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

gently caress your whatever. I've a horse outside.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

MrsAdiabatic posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a man with a refined and quality taste in music.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

MrsAdiabatic posted:

If you're going to wear a mask, you need a better stage name IMO.
TISM wannabes.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Fo3 posted:

If you're going to wear a mask, you need a better stage name IMO.
TISM wannabes.

They've had more sex than TISM, so their masks can be more ragged.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

hey remember the racist mustang guy

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Moxie Omen posted:

hey remember the racist mustang guy

:rip:

And the black Saturn Astra guy.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

The wife really wants a figaro, shame they are all expensive and rusty. She needs pass her test first though... then I can start convincing her she wants dump her Corsa to go halfers on a fiesta ST or panda 100hp instead of getting an automatic something or other. My hopes aren't high 🙏

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tommychu posted:

I got shafted this morning, but breakdowns like that are great for keeping things interesting. The Spicer Life really. I'm sure I can get at least half round this situation without busting a cap though

you neapco what you sow.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Friend has a garage AAA, I have all of the tools. Over/under on him telling AAA that he just bought a shitheap VW then using AAA to tow it to his place, where we do an engine pull?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Geirskogul posted:

Friend has a garage AAA, I have all of the tools. Over/under on him telling AAA that he just bought a shitheap VW then using AAA to tow it to his place, where we do an engine pull?

You can totally do that. I helped a friend tow her bike to my place where I fixed it because I have AAA RV and the tools to fix it. I just said my bike broke down and they didn't care beyond that.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

kastein posted:

you neapco what you sow.

When I checked it there wasn't any reason to Meritor replacement, it had enough life left to Rockwell into next year.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Guess I missed all the drama.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Guess I missed all the drama.

I wouldn't say you really missed anything.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Geirskogul posted:

AAA coverage goes with the driver, not the car. He just has to say he was driving it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tommychu posted:

When I checked it there wasn't any reason to Meritor replacement, it had enough life left to Rockwell into next year.

Get your ugly Moog and your puns out of here.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Geirskogul posted:

He just has to call, say he broke down, and that he wants it towed to his place, not a shop. They then ask him for make model and color, and then you wait. AAA might ask if you need a jump/battery/gas I usually just say I'm going to fix it myself.

He has to be there when it is picked up.

It won't be a problem with your bus, but when it's something hard to load and they actually care (like my IMSA GTU 240z), I'll tip them.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

What, you don't want to flat-tow it across town?

Always fun driving in 70MPH traffic on I10 and having to swerve to avoid one pre-Tacoma Toyota flat-towing another in the center lane at 30MPH.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I've found the RAC (in the uk) to be pretty liberal with what will allow, singing up for breakdown coverage while broken down and immediately calling them out, towing a broken, stickered up rally car to the side of the road and claiming it just broke down, claiming you are driving a friends car then getting it towed while your mate drives yours home, using a personal policy on a work vehicle, towing an newly purchased eBay shitbox 600 miles home when it only made it 50 miles from purchasing. Admittedly most of these are legit covered in the policy, but even if it isn't most of the drivers are private guys getting paid per job, so they don't care. Breakdown coverage is one of those things I think is worth every penny.... especially if you have a shitbox.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
A video covering the development of molten salt nuclear reactors

https://youtu.be/xIDytUCRtTA

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

stump posted:

I've found the RAC (in the uk) to be pretty liberal with what will allow, singing up for breakdown coverage while broken down and immediately calling them out, towing a broken, stickered up rally car to the side of the road and claiming it just broke down, claiming you are driving a friends car then getting it towed while your mate drives yours home, using a personal policy on a work vehicle, towing an newly purchased eBay shitbox 600 miles home when it only made it 50 miles from purchasing. Admittedly most of these are legit covered in the policy, but even if it isn't most of the drivers are private guys getting paid per job, so they don't care. Breakdown coverage is one of those things I think is worth every penny.... especially if you have a shitbox.
My friend's with the AA, and when he broke down with a dead alternator, he said "Look, I have onward travel, so I could get you to cart me 300 miles down the country, but how much is that going to cost you to do that? I can handle a day's delay, so are you able to cover some of the cost of a replacement?", and they did.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

stump posted:

The wife really wants a figaro, shame they are all expensive and rusty. She needs pass her test first though... then I can start convincing her she wants dump her Corsa to go halfers on a fiesta ST or panda 100hp instead of getting an automatic something or other. My hopes aren't high 🙏

Ugh I forgot they're rusty as well. 100hp panda though...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
This weekend is looking awesome: going to go try drifting in the 318iS at an "open drift" day at a nearby track and make some bbq for the seahawks and sounders games.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I might try to hit up a go kart place this weekend.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ola posted:

Saw a white Tesla pull out of a fire department outside Bergen, Norway around about an hour ago, came to this thread to ask fjelltorsk if it was him. Guess it wasn't.

It still could have been.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Well, I didn't want kastein to cry any more about me not wrenching anything, so I bought a 2005 Buick Rendezvous Ultra in some shady craigslist deal. It has been rode hard and put away wet... it's filthy inside and out, scratched, ripped, torn, transmission may be out, ABS and AWD are disabled, it's a mess. But for $1800, I couldn't pass it up. Hell, I've thrown more money at bicycles than that. So... I'll have some transformation pics in the detailing thread over the next week or so.

So it begins:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You have a really clean garage wall. Ours is just stuff leaning on stuff leaning on stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So the wife just told me that a coworker is looking to get rid of his '87 Toyota pickup as he upgraded to a '90. I know nothing about it except for the price.

$400.

I'm thinking about it...

• Locked thread