Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Id really like to know what Opop thinks of the ecco/gp/kp/merk love nest.

Opop? You there bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll give a more proper answer when I get home, but I did want to clarify that I meant I'd rather hang merk or diqnol + a lurker. Not merk or diqnol + ecco.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
FWIW, I don't think Rarity is scum. I don't see a scum Rarity coming in and putting forth that much effort to read/respond to the entire thread when she could have put in half the effort and be in the clear for today.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

I'll give a more proper answer when I get home, but I did want to clarify that I meant I'd rather hang merk or diqnol + a lurker. Not merk or diqnol + ecco.

well it's possible but I'm not sure the numbers are there for that.

I don't think it's reasonable for diqnol, merk, KB, or Asiina to move off me. CPig plays erratically so you can't really predict him either way. Little Mac, if he checks in, has said he's totally fine with voting for me. Keane has said my play reminds him of when I played in Tournament of Heroes as scum (but what he's noticing is that I was playing a pretty good game in Tournament as scum, not that I am scum here too); still, I would expect he'd vote for me over merk/diqnol. That puts me at 7, meaning in order to vote out diqnol/merk + a lurker, we'd need to coordinate the remaining 11 voters to 8 on one player and...

yeah nope the math doesn't agree. sorry, barring a miracle I'm dead today friend.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

FWIW, I don't think Rarity is scum. I don't see a scum Rarity coming in and putting forth that much effort to read/respond to the entire thread when she could have put in half the effort and be in the clear for today.

Get away from this as a town tell. Only really bad scum have to sit back and lurk. The better players come in and influence the thread each day, and I think Rarity is way above the really bad scum bar.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Ultimately my biggest issue with Verr is that he doesn't seem to want to work with content. There are pages of actual content to work with but instead he just calls it all shitposting and seemingly refuses to make reads from it. All he wants to do is base his votes on people who don't want to fight despite stating that surely a couple scum would be volunteering to fight.

Hopefully I never have to say this in any game I'm involved in again: newbies being bad at mafia does not make them scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
for the sake of my sanity I would ask that everyone who said they'd vote me do so at their earliest convenience. It will be easier to coordinate a second vote once the first one is locked in.

Diqnol I know you're mainly voting Asiina for preservation so I'm going to do you a favor, because I am a charitable gentleperson of distinguishing character.

##unvote

I will be around sporadically for the remainder of the afternoon/evening, but I have my phone. Please let's coordinate a second vote properly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

As a follow up to this: I'm on my phone so it's hard to post specific examples, but I'll see what I can do when I get home. I'm not sure what I can find because it's kind of a gut thing on KB and not one I'm personally likely to vote today. I'd vote merk or diqnol over KB or Ecco today.

I think you should read KB in light of the comments I've made about him and consider not just what he posts but why he posts it, maybe that will give you some clarity :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Get away from this as a town tell. Only really bad scum have to sit back and lurk. The better players come in and influence the thread each day, and I think Rarity is way above the really bad scum bar.

D'aww I <3 you too merk :3:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hiipfire is probably the right second lynch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I didn't realize deadline is tonight and I just had to skip 200 posts because I'm not going to be available basically from now until the deadline. (I handed in my paper and in about 30 minutes I'm going to be traveling between cities for 3 hours) I have maybe 5 minutes right now, why is diqnol voting for me? Why are we not killing Ecco and Verr?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Alternatively, Keane could put all lurkers into combat.

ninja: :siren: I feel like this is a great idea.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Dude, she's made like 60 posts today and the vast majority of them have been content posts. Why in the hell would a scum player do that when she could have just as easily posted half than many times and been in the clear from being a lurker lynch.

I've haven't seen her as scum to my knowledge but I have seen her as town and right now she's fitting her town play to a T.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I think you should read KB in light of the comments I've made about him and consider not just what he posts but why he posts it, maybe that will give you some clarity :)

True. Then it would be clear to him how town I am. Good advice! :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
PS. I'm going to go to bed in about an hour or so but I still think this Ecco train is going to bad places and I've already said the weaknesses in pushing the second lynch onto a lurker. I really think people should take another look at KB.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Why are we not killing Ecco and Verr?

Because they're town and the votes on them are wrong/scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Because they're town and the votes on them are wrong/scum.

Nah.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, don't talk to me like I'm not an active scum player. Both times I've been scum I've topped the scum post count and in the Planescape game I had the overall top post count.

But I also know that the more you talk as scum the more eyes you draw, so you usually have to be a little careful about when and where you do a lot of posting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

S'maybe.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

Hahaha. I don't remember how bad a loss is for us but that would certainly solve the lurker problem. Probably only worth it if we think there are at least a couple of scum there.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
also here is my fullclaim:

I am vanilla town :sun:

my cipherpost says what I can do in battle (very, very minor debuffs; no offensive abilities at all), so it's totally irrelevant for my claim. It's just a vigenère cipher with a lot of noise thrown in, nothing special. Take out the numbers and symbols and you have the base message.

The key was supposed to be the first line to my favorite book of the Bible (quote my post): "LOVE RIGHTEOUSNESS." But, I encoded it incorrectly, so the actual key is my fullclaim which produces the result of "LOVERIGHTEOUSNESS" repeated four or five times. Derp.

There is also a secret message bled into the cipher using invisible bold tags. Ten points to the House that discovers it first.

Diqnol if you're town I hope you eventually feel bad for today, because I was very excited to play the game and you really hurt a lot of that fun for me for seemingly no reason. Merk, you likewise. I know you're both as arrogant as I am but at least tomorrow acknowledge that you were mistaken about me.

PS: I requested to be at the front, Keane, because my debuffs are slightly stronger that way, and it'd hopefully mean I'd die and flip, which would be great for the thread on subsequent days. I would rather die that way than by execution for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who knows me. But, sometimes things don't work out the way we wanted them to.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Dude, she's made like 60 posts today and the vast majority of them have been content posts. Why in the hell would a scum player do that when she could have just as easily posted half than many times and been in the clear from being a lurker lynch.

A scum player would do it to look town. Plenty of scum players lead the vote count. This is a town tell that you need to remove from your game. It's not reliable.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

So I didn't realize deadline is tonight and I just had to skip 200 posts because I'm not going to be available basically from now until the deadline. (I handed in my paper and in about 30 minutes I'm going to be traveling between cities for 3 hours) I have maybe 5 minutes right now, why is diqnol voting for me? Why are we not killing Ecco and Verr?

Why do you believe Verr is scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Hiipfire is probably the right second lynch.

can i ask why? he's put in a bit more effort than most of hte other lurkers. is it the same reasoning ecco gave about we'll be in the same position come day 3 or 4 with hiip as opposed to the others?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

Hahaha. I don't remember how bad a loss is for us but that would certainly solve the lurker problem. Probably only worth it if we think there are at least a couple of scum there.

I don't think it matters whether we put extremely active players or lurker players in battle. Why would a lurker do worse than an extremely active player? Putting the lurkers in makes the scum hunting here better.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Why do you believe Verr is scum?

The focus on battleposts and making reads based on what people said they could do in battle pinged me. But like I said, I skipped 200 posts so I don't know if this has changed. It's been a hell of a day.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Beetphyxious posted:

can i ask why? he's put in a bit more effort than most of hte other lurkers. is it the same reasoning ecco gave about we'll be in the same position come day 3 or 4 with hiip as opposed to the others?

Go look at his post history and then come back and say that he's put in a bit more effort than anyone. He has one post that comes close to content, and it's a lurker vote.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (4): King Burgundy, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, merk, merk, Asiina, TMMadman, TMMadman, CapitalistPig, merk, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (2): FoxTerrier, TheNabster, EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Asiina (2): Verr, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Verr (1): TMMadman
Little Mac (1): Beetphyxious
Rarity (1): HiipFire
King Burgundy (1): Asiina, Asiina, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Rarity
HiipFire (0): merk, merk
merk (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven

Not Voting (6): bowmore, CCKeane, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Mithross, Opopanax

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 37 minutes.

Day 1 is Double Plurality!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

A scum player would do it to look town. Plenty of scum players lead the vote count. This is a town tell that you need to remove from your game. It's not reliable.

It's not the amount of posts she's made but the content in them as well. What the hell are you railing at me for anyway? Do you disagree that Rarity is town?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

two of the lurkers have said they're ace at combat. mithross and capitalist pig. i pointed out earlier that putting them in combat is better than risk lynching a good combat townie.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, putting the lurkers into battle gives us information that might help us determine their alignment without wasting lynches on them.

Putting lurkers into battle is the right call.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ecco if it helps if you are town I already feel bad in fact I even feel bad if you are scum. I hope that makes it hurt less :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

It's not the amount of posts she's made but the content in them as well. What the hell are you railing at me for anyway? Do you disagree that Rarity is town?

Mafia edit - It's not just the amount of posts....

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Go look at his post history and then come back and say that he's put in a bit more effort than anyone. He has one post that comes close to content, and it's a lurker vote.

okay yes sorry wrong wording, he's present more than the others. i'd view it likely that we're at least able to get more out of him as time goes on as opposed to someone who is on 2 posts total at deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

Merk, you likewise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOSdRMSG_k

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

The focus on battleposts and making reads based on what people said they could do in battle pinged me. But like I said, I skipped 200 posts so I don't know if this has changed. It's been a hell of a day.

Rarity posted:

Hopefully I never have to say this in any game I'm involved in again: newbies being bad at mafia does not make them scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Beetphyxious posted:

okay yes sorry wrong wording, he's present more than the others. i'd view it likely that we're at least able to get more out of him as time goes on as opposed to someone who is on 2 posts total at deadline.

you would think so but unfortunately you would be mistaken.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jesus christ 200 posts? Some of us loving work

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

FoxTerrier posted:

Now that it's no longer 5AM, do you have any more detailed posters? Which high volume posters do you specifically like for town?

Scum picks?

Do you feel different about Rarity now that she's posting thoughts?

I like rarity as town now

kb, ecco and tmm are town
diqnol is town too
you're also town
beet's town

i'd vote cpig, mithross and verr

would prefer voting mithross cause I dislike voting away people who post alot in the early game, unless they're clearly scum

##vote Mithross

also people are posting so much i cant keep up :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

I don't think it matters whether we put extremely active players or lurker players in battle. Why would a lurker do worse than an extremely active player? Putting the lurkers in makes the scum hunting here better.

Well there is bound to be at least one scum in there if not more and in the last soldiers game scum had sabotage abilities in combat.

• Locked thread