Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

How many new missions are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koren
Sep 7, 2003

hellfaucet posted:

Cheap to buy, $400k ish to start the lowrider process, then it's going to be like 30k-250k per mod depending on what you put into it. Hydraulics alone are $230k ish for the top upgrade.
Was interested in playing again when I saw the trailer, but with ridiculous prices like that there's no point. I don't want to have to grind heists to afford mods for mediocre vehicles.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Well that info has made me a hell of a lot less excited for this update. $400k just to be allowed to mod the cars in the first place. I don't even have that much money.

Well, they gotta sell shark cards somehow! :v:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

It's going to be like $1.5-$2 mil per lowrider depending how insane you are, really.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hellfaucet posted:

It's going to be like $1.5-$2 mil per lowrider depending how insane you are, really.

titties posted:

(calling it, the cars will cost $1.5 million at the low end to buy and fully customize)

awwww yeah

Let's put something together for this, I'm trying to do the first Lamar mission, 4-players mandatory and instant mission failure if anyone dies. After a few attempts this morning I have zero tolerance for trying this with pubbies.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

hellfaucet posted:

gently caress I should have cloned more cars a couple months ago, I only have $400k.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I want the car from Training Day! I am genuinely excited about this!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

hellfaucet posted:

I'd say it's more like 1mil at the low end, per car.

The good news it that because the actual car cost is next to nothing you can blow up peoples fancy lowriders all day and hardly spend and insurance money.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Oh my god, there's horns that play the GTA: San Andreas and GTAIV themes on loop. :swoon:

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

titties posted:

awwww yeah

Let's put something together for this, I'm trying to do the first Lamar mission, 4-players mandatory and instant mission failure if anyone dies. After a few attempts this morning I have zero tolerance for trying this with pubbies.

You think that first one's bad? The next one's a stealth mission.

titties
May 10, 2012

Scorched Spitz posted:

You think that first one's bad? The next one's a stealth mission.

I don't even know if the first one's bad or not because the pubbies somehow die in the first 2 minutes.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Kelly posted:

I want the car from Training Day! I am genuinely excited about this!

yeah I wanted that so bad too but the faction is more like the buick GNX as has been mentioned in this thread

rockstar should have brought back the majestic from GTA SA; that's the one that more closely resembles the Monte Carlo featured prominently in training day

edit: Also hellfaucet I love you but that faction looks repulsive imo

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 20, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
This update is bringing back cool memories...I ain't been disconnected this often since the game first came out

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

coupedeville posted:

yeah I wanted that so bad too but the faction is more like the buick GNX as has been mentioned in this thread

rockstar should have brought back the majestic from GTA SA; that's the one that more closely resembles the Monte Carlo featured prominently in training day
GTA IV's version of the Sabre was a Monte Carlo.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

coupedeville posted:

edit: Also hellfaucet I love you but that faction looks repulsive imo

Yeahhhh, I woke up at like 5:30am, smoked a bowl, and regretted some of my choices pretty quickly. Gonna have to tinker around a bit tonight when I get home.

Don't diss my moonbeam though brah, that poo poo is ready for some serious bumpin'

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

hellfaucet posted:

Don't diss my moonbeam though brah, that poo poo is ready for some serious bumpin'

nah man that moonbeam is 2 legit 2 quit

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Not sure if the Lamar missions are harder than heists or if this is just what it's like to play with pubbies.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

After decking out a Faction I want to play GTAIV again. I also want to pimp out a Moonbeam but ran out of cash modding my Voodoo and Faction. Can't be arsed to play heists with pubbies either. May end up buying a shark card. :shepspends:

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Craptacular posted:

How many new missions are there?

Too many cause they're all bad. They seem fun if you could actually play with your friends instead of getting forced into matchmaking with randoms.

Lowriders and the new clothes are great though. This update delivered for me in so many ways. The only thing I really wish it had was some new haircuts apart from the god awful corn rows.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Any PC goons want to get together and run the new Lamar "heist"? (need 4 people) I can't afford poo poo.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
These cars a tad too expensive

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm gonna burn my remaining 20 mil on this update. But I gotta buy another apartment I guess. My two are full up.

titties
May 10, 2012

frenton posted:

the new clothes are great though

Unless I'm missing something the new clothes are lame. One style of jacket in different colors, one style of hoodie in different colors, 2 new pairs of tennis shoes, some earrings, and necklaces.

E: baggy cargo pants

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I too now own my very own bouncy clown car. As a result I only have 14,000 GTA$ to my name. Who wants to grind?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm disappointed that the "B" bomber jacket doesn't have a brown variant for a Hotline Miami costume but beyond that I like the new clothes. They're all garish as gently caress and are exactly what I want my dude wearing when I get in a modded bouncing car.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Hey nice, car upgrades now unlock by level too. I've been playing on my 2nd character and was dreading having to grind out race wins.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sax Solo posted:

Hey nice, car upgrades now unlock by level too. I've been playing on my 2nd character and was dreading having to grind out race wins.

Uh, half of them have unlocked by level since the game came out in 2013. You sure you're not just looking at those?

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I could be confused!. Did for example turbo always unlock at Level 100?

vvvv aha

Sax Solo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 20, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

No, Rockstar made more stuff unlock by rank now. It's in the patch notes.

quote:

Changes to Performance Mod Unlocks: Performance mods are now more accessible and unlock by rank, as well as via Race wins.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Also from the patch notes

quote:

Further weapon rebalancing tweaks have been made based on community feedback. The damage and accuracy of the AP Pistol have been slightly reduced to bring it in line with similar automatic weapons.

Taking out police choppers from the Kuruma just got a bit more complicated.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm annoyed that they made the AP Pistol weaker

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Policenaut posted:

No, Rockstar made more stuff unlock by rank now. It's in the patch notes.

Thank loving Christ. I won't be able to play for a week or so, but after that I look forward to screwing around again.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

quote:

A new option, ‘Destroy Last Place’ has been added to Races:
The Host can set it to be effective each lap, every 15 seconds, every 30 seconds or every 60 seconds, the player in last will be blown up according to the option selected.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
So wait, MORE car upgrades are tied to rank now? Or are they tied to rank OR race wins? It was so much easier to unlock more poo poo by trading race wins than grinding out levels. If a bunch of poo poo is locked away now because I'm only level 41 than gently caress you, Rockstar.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rank or wins. You can still grind out the engine upgrades at level 5 if you want.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

So I started playing this on my Xbox One after a few months away. Any general consensus on the quickest mission/event to do for grinding money?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This update owns so hard :allears:

titties
May 10, 2012

CappyBottoms posted:

So I started playing this on my Xbox One after a few months away. Any general consensus on the quickest mission/event to do for grinding money?

Pacific Standard heist with gewns

T1g4h posted:

This update owns so hard :allears:

titties fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 20, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I want that Grim Reaper bobblehead in my Romero Hearse so fuckin' bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh boy this lowriders update must be great if you're interested in the six lovely cars they allow you to modify. Why can't I just put hydraulics on any car I want?

• Locked thread