Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Jack Ketch posted:

You can change them in the character_desc_general.xml look for the <icon> field.

Ah, character_desc_general.xml wasn't showing up on the extractor, it's showing on the main folder though. Is there any way to know which icon is which?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

What should I know mod wise before I start up Clear sky?

Sky Reclamation Project fixes bugs and is recommended. Arsenal Overhaul adds guns and improves gunplay. Atmosfear or SWTC improve weather. There's a very good merge of all this in the /sg/ repo. Look in the Arsenal Overhaul folder under CS AO merge with SRP 1.0.6. It's up to date and put together well, I recommend just using it even for a first run.

DX10.1 is recommended, don't use DX11 as the former is more functional and better optimized. You'll need to disable all overlays to use 10/11, like the Steam overlay or RadeonPro. You'll also need to delete MS Update KB2670838 to use either under Windows 7 at least. This will also remove IE 10 & later.

Or just use the enhanced DX9 mode (renderer 2.5) and get better performance and initial load time if you don't mind losing sun shafts and a few other visual effects.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

FirstPersonShitter posted:

How do i edit the player's faction relations? The starting screen shows mercs as being neutral to clear sky now, but clear sky are still hostile to my pc merc.

CS and Mercs are supposed to be hostile to each other.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
After applying DDraig's CoC Mod 2.1, motion blur doesn't seem to be working anymore on DirectX10 or 11, and I made sure I reinstsalled the mblur patch linked earlier in the thread. What gives?

EDIT: I am a huge idiot and forgot to put the -mblur argument before launching the game.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 21, 2015

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Azran posted:

Ah, character_desc_general.xml wasn't showing up on the extractor, it's showing on the main folder though. Is there any way to know which icon is which?

I'd assume the icons would be in the texture folder but I've never used the extractor so your guess would probably be as good as mine.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Is there an easy way to make it so my M1911 can attach a suppressor? The upgrade screen even shows it with one, but there's no option for barrel threading anywhere.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Randy posted:

Is there an easy way to make it so my M1911 can attach a suppressor? The upgrade screen even shows it with one, but there's no option for barrel threading anywhere.

You will need to open the weapon config file and scroll down to silencer_status = 0 and change it to 2.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I found the textures folder with the items. Am I supposed to open (somehow) the HTM files to get the name proper?

Anyways - Ddraig, didn't you have a mod that improved the starting inventories?

Azran fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 21, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Azran posted:

I found the textures folder with the items. Am I supposed to open (somehow) the HTM files to get the name proper?

Anyways - Ddraig, didn't you have a mod that improved the starting inventories?

Seriously, who the hell expects you to run around with a PM when you in pripayt? :stare:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Yeah, it's included in COC mod 2.1

It's randomized. Click Randomize then select the faction you want and you should start with a random pre-selected loadout.

As for portraits, it's fairly simple. Open up character_desc_general.xml

There you'll see something like:

code:
<icon>ui_inGame2_neutral_1</icon>
The name here is the name of a specific texture assigned via the configs\ui\textures_descr\ui_actor_portrets.xml file

In that file you'll find the name of all valid portraits. If you want to add new ones, or just see what they correspond to, then open up ui_actor_portrets.dds in textures\ui

Stalker Icon Editor is a good program to do this, as you can copy/paste 'icons' in texture files and it will sort out alpha channels automatically for you.

It also helps a lot with other textures_descr type stuff, such as ui_icon_equipment

It's Russian but it's fairly easy to figure out.

In the top right you can set the grid size. I set the grid size to the size of the icons (123x87)

You can then select these, right click and choose the option with "XML" in it and it will bring up the little dialog box that will give you the relevant XML info for that particular icon (offset first, then icon size)

Using this you can figure out that this is the Clear Sky portrait:

code:
<texture id="ui_inGame2_neutral_a" x="984" y="0" width="123" height="87" />

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
The install order should go, Call of Chernobyl, OWR for CoC, Ddraig's CoC mod and finally Alife debalance, correct?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Thank you Ddraig. :) I ended figuring out that the file lists every portrait in vertical lines, so it was just a matter of time till I found out I was looking for ui_inGame2_Dolg_2. :v:

Also, is CoC crashing every 30 or so minutes for you, guys? I don't know where the game stores logs, so I'll just take a picture next time. It's always the same message.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Okay so this is the only thing named "log" that I could find

quote:

0023:6D337DA4 d3d11.dll, D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()
0023:6D33753C d3d11.dll, D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()
0023:6D2E3E5A d3d11.dll, D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()
0023:04C426E7 xrRender_R3.dll
0023:004367F8 xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::on_idle()
0023:0043603A xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::message_loop()
0023:00435F8E xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::Run()
0023:0046B03D xrEngine.exe, ComputeModuleHash()
0023:00469D95 xrEngine.exe, CApplication::CApplication()
0023:004698E6 xrEngine.exe, CApplication::CApplication()
0023:00432FF3 xrEngine.exe, CObjectList::o_crow()
0023:74C8337A kernel32.dll, BaseThreadInitThunk()
0023:772E9882 ntdll.dll, RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
0023:772E9855 ntdll.dll, RtlInitializeExceptionChain()

That's the last bit. The error message says Unhandled Exception, and I'm getting it every 20/30 minutes or so. There's another frequent one but it hasn't happened yet.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Just wanted to thank DD and all you other modders for being awesome and doing a bit of hand holding, the stalker mod community is really the best.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

NeoSeeker posted:

The install order should go, Call of Chernobyl, OWR for CoC, Ddraig's CoC mod and finally Alife debalance, correct?

Yeah. If you want to install Absolute Nature/Structures last they should be fine. They've been updated to include gridgt's bump map changes which are also in my mod, so provided you overwrite the files that already exist it should be fine.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Ddraig posted:

Yeah. If you want to install Absolute Nature/Structures last they should be fine. They've been updated to include gridgt's bump map changes which are also in my mod, so provided you overwrite the files that already exist it should be fine.

This may be where I have gone wrong. I didn't think the order mattered since they weren't modifying the same files (excluding your mod - I haven't tried that because I don't like HUD-covering facemasks)

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

nexus6 posted:

(excluding your mod - I haven't tried that because I don't like HUD-covering facemasks)

FYI you can turn the mask HUD off in the in-game menu, his mod is good.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Regarding masks, I liked the idea, but re-implemented, (stole the textures and edited them,) masks, are now at the edges of the screen, am going to rework the cracked effect if enough people are interested, however, as its from Ddraigs mod, (I think), I'll defer to him, perhaps can be included in His mod as an alternative mask.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I kind of hope a future mod adds guides. Some places take way too long to get to.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Justin Time! posted:

FYI you can turn the mask HUD off in the in-game menu, his mod is good.

Thanks, I was not aware of this :)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

I kind of hope a future mod adds guides. Some places take way too long to get to.

Or working vehicles, I want a dirtbike.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Vehicles are already in game, you can spawn them via the debug menu, but they're not really that great and have a load of bugs.

Alundaio tried his best but really it's just not designed for vehicles.

Once I get more time in the future I could take a look at OGSE and how they handle vehicles, seeing as how they're mostly functional in there.

Anyway, as for the alternative textures, feel free to send them my way. It would be an easy toggle to use alternate hud textures with a proper gameplay option.

Thinking of updating my mod to remove any reundancies (i.e. files identical to the COC 1.2.22 patch)

I only included that stuff since an official patch wasn't forthcoming, but now it's out, it just seems redundant and confusing to have that stuff in there.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

-Troika- posted:

CoP would let you bum along with random stalkers for a fee that wasn't too exorbitant. beats having to hike all the way from Yanov to the Cordon.

staberind posted:

Or working vehicles, I want a dirtbike.

There were a couple mods that added drivable jeeps, cars, and even the APC :getin:

Anomalies would absolutely trash them though and seeing/detecting them in a vehicle wasn't easy so your car would get ruined before you'd get much use out of it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks, will do. even if L.A. tries hard, the vehicles are really temperamental, no idea about coc, when I have finished X3 binge, I'll have a look.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The lack of guides is a bit of a technical limitation aswell as a 'feature', I guess.

Alundaio completely rewrote the way sim_board etc. works

The whole alife simulation was changed and simplified, in a way, so that redundancies wouldn't be there and it would be more efficient/modder friendly.

Unfortunately the travel_manager wasn't rewritten with that in mind, I guess it was easier to just cut it rather than rebuild it from scratch to work with the newer simulation stuff, so that's the reason it's not in.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Ddraig posted:

Vehicles are already in game, you can spawn them via the debug menu, but they're not really that great and have a load of bugs.

Alundaio tried his best but really it's just not designed for vehicles.

Once I get more time in the future I could take a look at OGSE and how they handle vehicles, seeing as how they're mostly functional in there.

Anyway, as for the alternative textures, feel free to send them my way. It would be an easy toggle to use alternate hud textures with a proper gameplay option.

Thinking of updating my mod to remove any reundancies (i.e. files identical to the COC 1.2.22 patch)

I only included that stuff since an official patch wasn't forthcoming, but now it's out, it just seems redundant and confusing to have that stuff in there.

Did your latest patch, with the insane Alife thing built in, turn it on by default? I thought it was off by default, but on my last visit to Yantar the scientists' base got absolutely swarmed with zombies and only like two guys made it out alive, then on my way back down south through Garbage there were scads of cats and pigs running around giving the loners hell, way more than usual.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Minarchist posted:

CoP would let you bum along with random stalkers for a fee that wasn't too exorbitant. beats having to hike all the way from Yanov to the Cordon.

There were a couple mods that added drivable jeeps, cars, and even the APC :getin:

Anomalies would absolutely trash them though and seeing/detecting them in a vehicle wasn't easy so your car would get ruined before you'd get much use out of it.

I like vehicles for this, suddenly being thrown into the outer atmosphere always cracks me up. its the Zone freaking out over me not stalking enough.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Saint Sputnik posted:

Did your latest patch, with the insane Alife thing built in, turn it on by default? I thought it was off by default, but on my last visit to Yantar the scientists' base got absolutely swarmed with zombies and only like two guys made it out alive, then on my way back down south through Garbage there were scads of cats and pigs running around giving the loners hell, way more than usual.

It should be disabled by default, yeah.

Going to download the 1.2.22 update and remove the redundancies soon and upload 2.1.1 as a "condensed" version.

This will mean you'll need the official 1.2.22 update, but you should have that anyway.

e: Cars in stalker can be fun as hell.

OGSE's new version kind of made my old SoC mod redundant so I've stopped working on it in favour of Radium, but fun times were to be had with cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zqEdvAt1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9iMqi9tf24

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 21, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

v1ld posted:

Sky Reclamation Project fixes bugs and is recommended. Arsenal Overhaul adds guns and improves gunplay. Atmosfear or SWTC improve weather. There's a very good merge of all this in the /sg/ repo. Look in the Arsenal Overhaul folder under CS AO merge with SRP 1.0.6. It's up to date and put together well, I recommend just using it even for a first run.

DX10.1 is recommended, don't use DX11 as the former is more functional and better optimized. You'll need to disable all overlays to use 10/11, like the Steam overlay or RadeonPro. You'll also need to delete MS Update KB2670838 to use either under Windows 7 at least. This will also remove IE 10 & later.

Or just use the enhanced DX9 mode (renderer 2.5) and get better performance and initial load time if you don't mind losing sun shafts and a few other visual effects.

I can't download anything off mega. :negative:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

-Troika- posted:

Minarchist posted:

If someone does add guides, they need to have a 90% chance to lead you somewhere completely off of where you wanted and mug you or ambush you.

Or you load up and your on knees with your hands tied and you get one point blank right between the eyes.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Ddraig posted:

e: Cars in stalker can be fun as hell.

OGSE's new version kind of made my old SoC mod redundant so I've stopped working on it in favour of Radium, but fun times were to be had with cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zqEdvAt1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9iMqi9tf24

I would love to play your mod, it looks great.

In fact... I've been working with someone on a "Vanilla+" mod for SoC, designed to be the modern equivalent of Stalker Complete.

Rather than a huge overhaul like OGSE, the idea is to give an experience where the core gameplay is similar to vanilla SoC and includes the same original storyline, so it is suitable for a newbie's run through the game. The installation includes a graphics overhaul (shaders and huge pack of new textures), as well as bug fixes. It also includes popular features that are common to many mods as well as the official sequels. For example: blowouts, artifact activation, getting stuff repaired, etc.

Often those extra features come as part of a huge mod like OGSE or Oblivion Lost that add a ton of weapons and new monsters everywhere and completely alters gameplay balance, and adds a bunch of new quests with text that is poorly translated from Russian. (And while there are small mods that just add blow outs or artifact activation or weapon repairs etc, newbies don't know how to merge mods to use 3 or 4 small mods at the same time.)

It seems to me that your mod is sort of "OGSE Light", and might actually not be that far off what we've been trying to accomplish, just with some extra features we hadn't considered. We are also including an optional addon for vanilla+ that makes it less vanilla and includes stuff like rebalanced weapons, and NEW ARTIFACTS (!) with new abilities.

Stuff like your vehicles, low gravity anomaly and extra PDA features would fit into that optional addon perfectly. And your new blowouts seem cool and better than what we've got. Would you have any interest in your work being a part of the mod?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
PM me. The code is a mess at times, but I could probably upload it somewhere as a resource.

For reference, this is what the scripts folder looks like.

It ended up eventually being a merge of RMA, OGSE and some elements of DMX (mainly vehicles and PDA functions and such)

I think in the end it was the very definition of feature creep. It's buggy, unfinished and has a lot of badly translated stuff I never got around to doing properly.

I guess I could upload it somewhere as Ddraig's folly for people to gawp at what a trainwreck elements were :D

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is there a way for me to contribute stuff to CoC? I'd like to make more outfits, stuff like the radiation suits and the bandit sunrise suit and the monolith exo, and first person hands for em, but it's a real fuckin poo poo backing all that stuff up and reintegrating it after every coc update, so I've not done it so far.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Is there a way for me to contribute stuff to CoC? I'd like to make more outfits, stuff like the radiation suits and the bandit sunrise suit and the monolith exo, and first person hands for em, but it's a real fuckin poo poo backing all that stuff up and reintegrating it after every coc update, so I've not done it so far.

You could go to EpicStalker and talk with one of the developers on there. Maybe show them your work and they'll probably let you have write access on their repo/dropbox.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

nexus6 posted:

I'm playing CoC with Absolute Nature, is there a setting I've missed to stop grass changing color when I get close?

http://gfycat.com/SpryRawCaracal

Forgive the butchered video, but think you can see what's going on. It's really distracting.

Anybody have any ideas on this? I just updated CoC and this still happens. Is it a lighting or texture issue?

Edit

Do helicopters ever go away?

I've set it on fire but I'm out of ammo and have only 1 medkit left. I doubt I can make it back to the rookie camp but even if I did, NPCs don't engage it and I have no money left for more ammo.

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 21, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I figured out the problem, I had a deactivate instead of an activate, I guess. Works fine now.

https://mega.nz/#!ZsxUVKwA!u7_nm5qRUYIWnpK34WmOVN_ER9_ecpjs9aLb59mErA0

If you have Ddraig's mod installed don't copy over _g.script.

Also I guess Sidorivich might not be present for some reason I can't figure out. He's the only trader to straight up vanish, so if you care about that and don't mind the rookie village being unconquerable delete esc_2_12_stalker_trader.ltx.

Does this still work for the current patch? I want to conquer the whole Swamps area for Clear Sky.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

nexus6 posted:

Do helicopters ever go away?

I've set it on fire but I'm out of ammo and have only 1 medkit left. I doubt I can make it back to the rookie camp but even if I did, NPCs don't engage it and I have no money left for more ammo.

Ddraig said they had script for sleeping making the chopper get bored of you, though I haven't tried that out myself.

At any rate, get your knife out, it thirsts for stalker and mutant blood.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Azran posted:

Does this still work for the current patch? I want to conquer the whole Swamps area for Clear Sky.

Yes. Also there aren't that many places to conquer, just a few, and getting the factions to competently hold anything is pretty difficult. But you can indeed occupy all of the swamps for Clear Sky, and if you clear out the other bases enough times eventually maybe a Clear Sky squad will capture them, too.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ah, alright, gonna try it out.

MariusLecter posted:

Ddraig said they had script for sleeping making the chopper get bored of you, though I haven't tried that out myself.

At any rate, get your knife out, it thirsts for stalker and mutant blood.

This owns, it's like having one of those long-rear end bayonet knives from WW1. There's one that doesn't need OWR3 (I'm waiting for AO3 to satisfy my weapon needs :v:) in case you don't have it installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

The helicopter left eventually and either repaired itself or there's more than one. Thankfully I know the area quite well so I ran from cover to cover. It's a bit weird being the only one fleeing and dodging a helicopter nobody else acknowledges, like the Zone's got to me.

I've encountered plenty of bandits and military so far so ammo isn't as scarce but I've given up trying to fight the helicopter, now I just avoid it. It's still pretty fun. Also I don't know what you guys did but load times are just a few seconds and it's incredible!

The grass issue seems to have gone away but I am down to DX9 dynamic lighting now.