Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's admirable how utterly worthless the reebok deal has been for almost all parties involved

It is the least surprising outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Reebok & UFC should just have all fighters wear Conor McGregor shirts (or Rousey shirts for women) and everybody gets a cut of what the shirt sells. It does two things: 1) everyone makes more money 2) Conor gets to boast about how he's the reason everyone makes more money. and of course Reebok would only have to worry about not loving up 1 shirt at that point, instead of 500 which they clearly can't manage. everybody wins

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bubba Smith posted:

Reebok & UFC should just have all fighters wear Conor McGregor shirts (or Rousey shirts for women) and everybody gets a cut of what the shirt sells. It does two things: 1) everyone makes more money 2) Conor gets to boast about how he's the reason everyone makes more money. and of course Reebok would only have to worry about not loving up 1 shirt at that point, instead of 500 which they clearly can't manage. everybody wins

It would say IRELAND with a photo of Scotland and a Welsh flag

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

Is the quality that low?

I've currently never seen or touched one, but have heard the quality described as chintzy and translucent, like they just aren't made with a good material. People who watch the fights live say they're pretty much transparent once people start to sweat. Obviously not a good look for higher end athletic apparel.

TheReverend posted:

Looks like they dropped the prices on the jerseys by 20 bucks too?
(I'm not sure this is one of my bi-annual reebok fight kit website checks)

The champion/big name gear was always cheaper because it wasn't made-to-order. This meant you had to pay more to represent Marcus Brimage than fighters people have heard of, such as Rousey or Velasquez.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

red19fire posted:

Just wait til the Bobby Sands Official Reebok Fight Kit comes out.

"Reebok understands what it means to be Irish. Bloody Sunday for example. Sundays bloody Sundays, the kids need to be brought to football practice or the cinema and you just want to wash the car and read the paper"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That shirt is amazing. Like if they did a Canada one and there was a blank space where Quebec should be.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

EmmyOk posted:

"Reebok understands what it means to be Irish. Bloody Sunday for example. Sundays bloody Sundays, the kids need to be brought to football practice or the cinema and you just want to wash the car and read the paper"

To be fair nearly 100 percent of what Reebok has produced in this sponsorship effort will be marked as unsold surplus and shipped to African refugees, so Bono walks away happy either way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

That shirt is amazing. Like if they did a Canada one and there was a blank space where Quebec should be.

or China's including Taiwan.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
or a map of the philippines not including the very important north filipino sea islands

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Or a map of Argentina with the Falklands?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's admirable how utterly worthless the reebok deal has been for almost all parties involved

Nike Execs must use the whole thing as a teaching tool for what not to do.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i mean petty regional disputes and people overestimating their importance and how much any one on the planet gives a poo poo is funny but my god i wish there were still fights that happened

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the amount of fake outrage MMA fans have is incredible.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the only fight i'm aware of happening is kawajiri losing to a teenage bosnian on fight pass some time soon

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

yeah because no one's blown up a car or a subway over such a thing. ever.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
wait did i read that correct and tom lawlor is becoming a pro wrestler? dope

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

-Atom- posted:

It's pretty offensive to anyone in Northern Ireland, its the anniversary of the time some of Northern Irish Catholic school girls got petrol bombs thrown at them by Protestants today for daring to be on their side of town when they walked to school.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the only fight i'm aware of happening is kawajiri losing to a teenage bosnian on fight pass some time soon

I had to look up what fight you were talking about. Yeah that's definitely being set up as a loss for kawajiri. A 10-0 karate guy who has only fought replacement opponents, the perfect storm.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

willie_dee posted:

It's pretty offensive to anyone in Northern Ireland, its the anniversary of the time some of Northern Irish Catholic school girls got petrol bombs thrown at them by Protestants today for daring to be on their side of town when they walked to school.

lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i mean, its not funny that those girls died, but its funny to be like "not the bad map on today, the one day where protestant/catholic, or whatever other silly thing, violence happened in ireland. not today"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dan Henderson fights soon

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
the borders on this syria tshirt are all wrong. how dare you do this TODAY, the anniversary of IS intercepting a US military weapons drop intended for the kurds which led directly to the fall of kobane? boy is egg ever on the face of reebok, for this blunder

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Dan Henderson fights soon

An event that fills me with joy and sadness.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

-Atom- posted:

Have you seen the internet lately? This is not a trend limited to MMA fans.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
No respect for the Republic of Formosa? Shame on the UFC

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that event looks really good.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Anybody watch any good old fights recently, I have some time off for the first time in a while and I want to watch some fights

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Detroit_Dogg posted:

No respect for the Republic of Formosa? Shame on the UFC

At least they're fastidious about praising Aldo's Muay Siam.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Anybody watch any good old fights recently, I have some time off for the first time in a while and I want to watch some fights

i assigned everyone to watch starnes/quarry and judge it based on the stated judgin criteria as homework, but also i've been thinking a lot about chuck/wanderlei and how that's probably chuck's most complete and impressive performance even though his last fight against tito is definitely more satisfying. wanderlei shows some interesting stuff too, such as his rope a dope which absolutely backfired

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I love when hurt fighters back against the cage and then just start weaving their head in goofy circles in hopes of avoiding punches. I've yet to see that work out for anyone.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

CommonShore posted:

At least they're fastidious about praising Aldo's Muay Siam.

lol

also, a fine set of fights to watch would be RDA vs stephens, tyson/guida (ladies choice), bocek, nurmagomedov, bendo, pettis to watch his progression and also to identify why khabib might still have his number. conversely, you can watch pettis against roller, bendo, guida, stephens, bendo (again), rda to see that perhaps he never got better at his weaknesses ever, and he probably never will

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

El Roncho posted:

I love when hurt fighters back against the cage and then just start weaving their head in goofy circles in hopes of avoiding punches. I've yet to see that work out for anyone.

silva vs bonnar, except he wasn't hurt

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

david carmichael posted:

silva vs bonnar, except he wasn't hurt

beat me to it, but it was already on my clipboard.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'm watching the Starnes fight now, also I'm drinking a MICKEY'S MALT LIQUOR, FEEL THE STING

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

david carmichael posted:

i mean, its not funny that those girls died, but its funny to be like "not the bad map on today, the one day where protestant/catholic, or whatever other silly thing, violence happened in ireland. not today"

Nah I get it, I was just using it as an example, im sure its the anniversary of some poor sod getting disappeared or some innocents being blown up or murdered by riot police.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Dan Henderson loses soon

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hahaha Yoel Romero on the mma hour emphatically stating "no forGET jesus. GET."

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I think my least favorite thing about watching old events is their walkout songs being replaced with generic rock. Like I know the reasoning but itreally sucks

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Detroit_Dogg posted:

the last old ufc I watched was 51 and it starts with Paul Buentello knocking out Justin Eilers and I looked up Justin Eilers to see what happened to him and he was shot dead by his stepfather a couple years after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Bubba Smith posted:

reading Lawlor's reason for pulling out of the fight made me sort of sad:

By the way Fabio Maldonado is still fighting on the card against Corey Anderson. Fabio Maldonado doesn't give a poo poo about brain trauma.
Lawlor was already super cool and this is a huge bummer for the TJ Grant factor he elucidates in the essay himself

• Locked thread