Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Hindsight is 20/20 though. I think she should get a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Boinks posted:

Hindsight is 20/20 though. I think she should get a pass.

Literally the only place I see taking about what Irish Joe is saying is from the conservativepost .Com

Are there any other sources?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Would this loving idiot please stop saying "Vergaro"

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I still say "Shut up Gina" most of the times she talks.

She definitely a Robin Quivers type. Shes even got a fake laugh she uses for stuff she thinks she should laugh at.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm talking about Carolla. He has mentioned Sofia Vergara a few times in the past week or two of shows and he says "Vergaro" every loving time.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

visuvius posted:

I'm talking about Carolla. He has mentioned Sofia Vergara a few times in the past week or two of shows and he says "Vergaro" every loving time.

I know, Gina just pisses me off that much.

Mensa my rear end. Did you know she Jewish, she hardly mentions it.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Wow, I just looked at the iTunes rankings for the first time in a while. Carolla used to be all over the top 10 shows and episodes, but now he's #47 for the show and highest ep is #20. Has it been this way for a while? Are his downloads dipping or is new stuff just that much more popular? Or did iTunes stop ranking based on overall downloads which benefited a daily show like his hugely?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I haven't been listening much the past few months. Any recommendations for good episodes to grab?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Jim Jefferies, Dameshek, Eric Stonestreet and Joel Mchale were pretty decent episodes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Monopthalmus posted:

Wow, I just looked at the iTunes rankings for the first time in a while. Carolla used to be all over the top 10 shows and episodes, but now he's #47 for the show and highest ep is #20. Has it been this way for a while? Are his downloads dipping or is new stuff just that much more popular? Or did iTunes stop ranking based on overall downloads which benefited a daily show like his hugely?

With all the ad+live show money he gets I dont think he gives a poo poo about Itunes anymore.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

visuvius posted:

Jim Jefferies, Dameshek, Eric Stonestreet and Joel Mchale were pretty decent episodes.

Stonestreet and Adam have some amazing natural chemistry, but holy poo poo, I can't ever imagine a Dameshek episode being good.

General E
Aug 25, 2003

Red posted:

Stonestreet and Adam have some amazing natural chemistry, but holy poo poo, I can't ever imagine a Dameshek episode being good.

Dameshek eps are the best! You, Red, are the Creep of the Week!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

General E posted:

GIVE EM THE BLASTERS!!!!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

General E posted:

He talks and acts like the stereotypical morning zoo DJ. He is loving insufferable.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Red posted:

He talks and acts like the stereotypical morning zoo DJ. He is loving insufferable.

I like the way Damashek will just yell over Adam when Adam tries to interrupt him. Seems hes adapted to talking with Adam over the years.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Red posted:

I can't ever imagine a Dameshek episode being good.

You need some Daves of Thunder in your life

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Dave Dameshek may be loud and has an annoying voice, but he is a legitimately funny guy

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I enjoy Dave but I also enjoy sports.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Just arrived.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Great Sklar brothers episode today.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Of course Gina pronounces GIF with a hard 'G'. Could it be any other way?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Lake of Methane posted:

Of course Gina pronounces GIF with a hard 'G'. Could it be any other way?

Thanks, now I have a reason to like her, you jerk!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Choosy motherfuckers like you choose to say Jiff. Incorrectly, in my mind. It's gyph, not jiff.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The G in GIF stands for graphics.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Carolla's advertising is getting really gross and more and more egregious.

- There was recently what amounted to basically a 30 minute Castrol commercial
- Jeff Abraham, the owner of the dick pill company he invested in is now apparently a regular guest
- He had Tai Lopez who is some self help guy on today. Totally boring and blowhardy. This is the one that made me think he is getting paid for guest spots now.

The quality of his guests has been getting shittier and shittier.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He's even talking a lot about the dick spray on the Adam and Drew podcast. It's just really overpriced lidocaine. Of course Drew didn't jump in to say that. Then again after finding out that Drew was taking tons of money to advertise anti-depressants on Loveline back in the day I don't expect anything ethical to come out of his mouth.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

visuvius posted:

Carolla's advertising is getting really gross and more and more egregious.

- There was recently what amounted to basically a 30 minute Castrol commercial
- Jeff Abraham, the owner of the dick pill company he invested in is now apparently a regular guest
- He had Tai Lopez who is some self help guy on today. Totally boring and blowhardy. This is the one that made me think he is getting paid for guest spots now.

The quality of his guests has been getting shittier and shittier.

I listened to Adam's main show for the first time in ... 6-8 months? And the first 6-8 minutes were pure ads. Is every episode like this?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yeah but thats not a big deal because you can just fast forward through that poo poo. Lately though he has been bringing advertisers onto the show as guests and talking about the product during the show. He must have gotten paid pretty fat for the Castrol one. "Hey here's the regional VP of Castrol to talk to you about the importance of motor oil".

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol if you've intentionally listened to a carolla podcast in the last year plus

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I am still enjoying Ace on the House! Especially when Eric Stromer replaces Adam.

Such a dramatic fall from grace; Adam used to be one of my favorite radio personalities. If he stays on the air for another decade, I can't imagine what he'll be like.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
There used to be a secret way to download mp3s of the show without ads. You'd strip off a bit of the URL and get an ad-free mp3. I guess his server was set up such that it would put together the ads and show dynamically, probably so that Adam could change the ads in older shows doing without any editing.

I haven't even tried that in years. Has anyone else had recent success? It used to be funny because he'd go to commercial and nothing would happen.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
The only Carolla podcast I listen to these days is Reasonable Doubt, and yeh the ads in that are annoying too. Mark Geragos always says hes going to try whatever product it is and how useful it would be for him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hahaha wow, on the Film Vault today Brian talking about creating his own film podcast on the Carolla network. Anderson getting infuriated with him and Brian having no idea why he would get mad. Man I really used to like Brian but...jeez.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Medullah posted:

Hahaha wow, on the Film Vault today Brian talking about creating his own film podcast on the Carolla network. Anderson getting infuriated with him and Brian having no idea why he would get mad. Man I really used to like Brian but...jeez.
They kind of need each other (or another person, at least) for a film podcast. Together they are fine, but Anderson needs therapy and tends to think in circles while Bryan has a touch of the dumbass. Also there is the little point where most of us are probably friends with people who know more about and have better taste in movies than Bryan does.

Agree with everyone that the network (I listen to ace on the house and the Adam & Drew one and a main show every once in awhile if it's a good guest) is REALLY cross-promotional. Adam has always been clever that way (owning cars he makes movies about to raise profile with etc.) and I don't begrudge him that but when everything is lord of the jungle and mangria and other shows he is in etc. and then the "guest" isn't a breath of fresh air but is someone in his commercial circle it can be rough.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

There's nothing weird about wanting to see your 14 year old son's pubes. Right??

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

There's nothing weird about wanting to see your 14 year old son's pubes. Right??

OMG who said that?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

JB50 posted:

OMG who said that?

The guest Paul Mecurio (comedian and writer) said it in the last 5 minutes of today's podcast. I'm sure he was probably joking, but I couldn't really tell and neither could Adam, Gina, or Bryan.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 30, 2015

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
On the ADS show; I was surprised to hear how anti-childcare both Adam and Drew were.
Especially Adam who normally talks about how important getting ahead in life is, you'd think he would be in favour of making sacrifices to your home life to be able to provide, but no.
It just makes them sound really out of touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

~Coxy posted:

On the ADS show; I was surprised to hear how anti-childcare both Adam and Drew were.
Especially Adam who normally talks about how important getting ahead in life is, you'd think he would be in favour of making sacrifices to your home life to be able to provide, but no.
It just makes them sound really out of touch.

What do you mean by anti-childcare?

They both had nannies for their kids right?