Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

BattleHork posted:

So, there was a thing going around on Twitter today where people discussed the question, "If you could go back in time and kill baby Hitler, would you do it?"
Then, uh, this happened:

This is so dumb it wraps around into amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

Burn?

I'm confused.

Going by his logic, I think he would wait until baby Hitler came out of his mothers womb and then would kill that.

Because that's, ah, better? I don't know :psyduck:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

Going by his logic, I think he would wait until baby Hitler came out of his mothers womb and then would kill that.

Because that's, ah, better? I don't know :psyduck:

Consistent with right wing policy, at least

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Wouldn't preventing the assassination of Franz Ferdinand be a better idea, technically? Two wars avoided by stopping one man?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mister Macys posted:

Wouldn't preventing the assassination of Franz Ferdinand be a better idea, technically? Two wars avoided by stopping one man?

That doesn't really prevent World War I, just slightly dampens the tinderbox sitting in a hot sun.

Hell, the assassination almost already failed, and Austria would probably have pulled some bullshit if the final attempt missed as well. The attempted bombing and assassination as cause for the unacceptable demands on Serbia.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

tehllama posted:

I doubt many providers prescribe levothyroxine without a TSH, but hypothyroidism is relatively common in middle aged and older people (5% of the total adult population) and the medication has to be taken daily. The reason it is much higher on the list than, say, cholesterol or hypertension medications is because there are many options for those and basically just one for hypothyroidism.

Makes sense. Also since it is derived from a natural source, it probably can't be patented, so I imagine it isn't too hard on the wallet.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Romulans itt

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Willard? What happened to the rats?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Macys posted:

I've got a game for you, friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYLjkR4vCmo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he looks like a more filled out penguin from gotham

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

POP QUIZ:

Who is more inherently evil in appearance?
A: Ben Shapiro
B: Josh Romney

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I see more Norman Bates

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ben Shapiro is the NPC who turns heel when you return the quest item

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Now that you mention it, :mitt: was more generic NPC than robot, really. "The trees are just the right height!" "<goes on 80 hour quest for rare drop cookies> Did you just buy these from some merchant?" <puts live dog into empty storage space in mount>

ErIog fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 24, 2015

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BattleHork posted:

So, there was a thing going around on Twitter today where people discussed the question, "If you could go back in time and kill baby Hitler, would you do it?"
Then, uh, this happened:

Sadly not the best comment on the NYT question today.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

OxySnake posted:

Sadly not the best comment on the NYT question today.

:drat:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I don't know what the gently caress just happened, but this just started playing in the background when I looked him in the eyes...

Edit: Remember, this kid isn't known as "Taliben" Shapiro online for no reason.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 24, 2015

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dude looks like he's got a PUA book published under a pseudonym

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: Have you heard, ladies and gentlemen, of this massive hurricane that is slated to hit Mexico later today? It is a Category 5. What's the name of this thing? Patricia. It's a Category 5. They are saying it is the most powerful hurricane ever. It's on the Pacific side, not in the gulf. Looks like it's gonna go ashore near Acapulco. Puerto Vallarta, I've been there. Yeah, it was a golf thing. The first thing, how in the world do they know it's the biggest hurricane ever? Maybe since we've been keeping records? But how do they know it's the biggest hurricane ever?

Let me tell you what's gonna happen. I'll tell you why they're hyping this thing. They're hyping it for two reasons, and both of them are patently obvious. The first reason they're hyping it, they've been waiting for something like this since Katrina. Global warming, climate change, finally we have a killer hurricane, a massive killer hurricane. The only problem is it isn't gonna hit the United States. But it's gonna hit Mexico, and they'll make that work, because you know what this thing's gonna cause?

Can you imagine the number of homeless refugees this hurricane's gonna leave in its wake? Can you imagine the number of people that are gonna have nowhere to go but the United States after this hurricane hits? The Democrat Party right now is looking at Hurricane Patricia and calculating how many new registered voters they can get out of it. Do not doubt me.
This hurricane, if it is as destructive as the wild guess that attaches itself to it says it's gonna be, it's gonna do a lot of damage, it's gonna leave a lot of people homeless, a lot of people hotels, a lot of people without an airport.

They are gonna have nowhere to go other than the United States. I predict to you, depending on when this thing hits, we may even see newscasts tonight, we may even see discussion groups on cable TV tonight about the need to establish programs to absorb hurricane refugees starting tomorrow. drat straight. What an opportunity this is gonna be for 'em. (interruption) You look at me like you doubt me. (interruption) Oh, you hadn't thought of that. Well, you should be horrified because this is the exact kind of natural disaster crisis that the Democrat Party feeds off of. I mean, practically the way this thing is being reported, this is guaranteed disaster, guaranteed homeless Mexicans.

There's only one solution. Bring them here. Go get 'em. It's compassion. It's saving lives. It's charity. It's everything all rolled into one, plus you get 'em in here outside the immigration system. So you can't even criticize that, nothing to do with immigration. This is simply American compassion. Why, our neighbor has been racked and destroyed by a vicious, mean-spirited hurricane, biggest ever. We can only do one thing. Absorb these homeless people. And there aren't gonna be too many people who are not homeless if this thing is as bad as they say it is. That's another thing. Let's just wait. You know how these things end up being oversold, overpromoted.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/10/23/democrats_are_calculating_how_many_new_voters_they_can_get_out_of_hurricane_patricia

You know folks, I hate being right all the time on everything I utter into this Golden EIB Microphone :smuggo:

quote:

RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, you know me. I'm not comfortable doing this See, I Told You So stuff all the time. I could do it every day. I realize it offends people. It's an off-putting character trait -- know-it-alls: "Come on, I told you, I told you, you know I told you." And I hate being perceived as that. But this Hillary Clinton stuff, I have to remind you, beginning late last week and intensifying it on Monday and Tuesday, I warned you exactly what was going to happen, and it is happening. It doesn't mean that you should be less angry or disappointed, because of course the fix is in.

The fix was always in. Nothing was ever going to happen to Mrs. Clinton in these Benghazi hearings. What was always going to happen, the media was gonna hype it, and hype it they did. And everybody's anticipation would be raised. And in hopes that maybe for once justice would be meted out to a Clinton. Because we all know what she did. We all know she lied to the families of those four that were killed. We all know that she lied publicly about what caused that attack. We know she lied about caring about this. We know she lied about her desire to do something about it. We know she lied about everything. And we know why she lied. She lied to protect Obama's reelect chances later that year in 2012. They lied about the cause of what happened in Benghazi in order to protect Obama because their theme for Obama and the convention had already been established: GM's alive, bin Laden's dead. ... And I, not relishing the role of being the cold shower or the bucket of cold water, attempted to warn you and anybody else that would listen that that was not what was going to happen. And it was not because the Republicans wouldn't try. It's because the Republicans, for the most part, just don't know how to do these kind of things. They did try. They did illustrate on a couple of occasions that Mrs. Clinton got caught in a massive lie. They illustrated a bunch of improprieties, and they demonstrated that Hillary Clinton has zero character. But none of it matters because of the way the media immediately began reporting it yesterday, last night, and into today.

And anybody could have predicted it, not just me, anybody could have predicted that that was gonna happen.
That no matter what happened in the hearing, short of Hillary Clinton admitting it and asking for forgiveness, what was going to happen was that she was going to be portrayed coming off that debate performance, which was also no big deal, given the opponents, the opposition, she was gonna be portrayed as having stood up to this political firing squad, the Republican Party. They showered her with everything they got and she triumphed. She is stronger than ever and she made mincemeat out of them, and it looked like the McCarthy hearings. It was eminently predictable. And that's exactly what's happened.

And, accordingly, a lot of people feeling deflated, a lot of people feeling unhappy, depressed, sad, whatever, because they really, really thought, given the facts, that somebody was going to be held accountable.
But once again, when dealing with the Washington establishment, which is run in toto by the Democrat Party and the American media, we find that facts are irrelevant, facts are to be obliterated and maneuvered and bent, shaped, flaked, and formed. So the hope that Mrs. Clinton finally be held accountable on a serious offense, dereliction of duty, incompetence, irresponsibility involving the death of four Americans in a terror attack in a country she was taking credit for liberating, if anything seemed like a slam dunk, it was this.

And yet all it is is another in a long line of the Clintons not just slithering out, but triumphing and able to rewrite history to the point now that some leftist publications are blaming George W. Bush and the Republicans for Benghazi. All of it predictable. All of it predicted by me. Yet people are still depressed and down in the dumps, and I understand it. I mean, even though I predicted it, even though I knew it was coming, doesn't mean I'm sitting here unaffected by it. I'm just as ticked off as you are and as frustrated as anybody else is about it. And, like you, I keep waiting in a firm belief that there's going to be something somewhere that's gonna right all of these wrongs. ... We now have more stories out there than I can count telling us there was nothing at all newsworthy in the hearing yesterday. There was nothing that happened that is worth your knowing. There is nothing that happened that is worth us, the Drive-By Media, telling you. It was as usual, the Republicans trying to get another political notch in their belts and failing publicly, valiantly, and miserably, is the way it's being portrayed even now. And I'm just letting you know I'm just frustrated as you are even though I predicted it. You know, I ought to be sitting here crowing. I ought to be admonishing everybody who's disappointed. "What do you mean disappointed? I told you this was gonna happen. The script was written."

But I don't because I know you knew it. You knew.
You were hoping, though, that predictions would be wrong and that maybe this event would be the one where some doubt would be cast on the veracity, the honesty, the integrity, the character of Mrs. Clinton. I'm not kidding. The only place I can find in the Drive-By Media which is remotely accurate in reporting this is the Wall Street Journal. And some days they're not part of the Drive-Bys. On immigration they are. On immigration they may as well join the Drive-Bys. But on certain things they do remain their conservative identity, and on this, Wall Street Journal, two or three different pieces just excoriating the Democrats, excoriating Mrs. Clinton, excoriating the press.

But everywhere else, even conservative media that rips what happened leads off with, "Man, was she good. Oh, did Hillary put on a -- She was restrained. She was mature." I about puked. I don't remember where I read it when I read some conservative pundit blog website praising her stamina for being able to withstand this all-out assault for 11 hours. Her stamina. She is a natural born liar. What stamina? When telling the truth is the effort in what takes work, yesterday was a piece of cake. ... And let me reiterate why. The reason why no help was given -- the reason why no military assistance came, the reason why no rescue effort was mounted -- was because Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton could not admit that terrorism was taking place. To send in the Marines, to send in a rescue unit, to respond in any way would be to admit that Obama had not vanquished terrorists. ... Apparently the no-boots-on-the-ground policy didn't matter. When we want to rescue 70 Iraqi hostages, we can do it. When we want to rescue 70 hostages being held by ISIS, we can do it, and we did it. Four Americans are pinned down in Benghazi by Al-Qaeda terrorists in an attack that was known to be a terrorist attack -- in an attack that was known before it was launched that it was going to happen -- and for 11 hours yesterday Mrs. Hillary Clinton ("using great stamina," as I saw reported at some conservative blog), presumptive Democrat nominee, explained why we couldn't rescue four Americans.

It was not possible.

Yes we could have -- and, yes, we can; and, yes, we did in Iraq.

It's a sad reality, but you have to understand something. This is not meant at criticism at all, so please don't take it this way. Fox News, on a good day, has two million people watching a newscast. That's it. And that's the only place in the media that the questions that embarrass Hillary and her answers, which are unflattering and embarrassing, it's the only place those answers are aired. Two million people.

Now, you might have people posting this on Twitter and on Facebook to try to expand the universe. We play audio sound bites here and so forth. So more than two million people see it. However, when it hits Twitter and Facebook, there's a whole army of Democrats that are out there refuting it, accusing all the posts of being filled with lies and so forth. The bottom line is that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, you name it, do not show any of this. In fact, they're doing the opposite. They're out there talking about how brave, what stamina she had, how great her temperament was, and how she blew the Republicans out of the water. ... The Wall Street Journal and some conservative media has every example of Hillary's fraud reported today. It could not have been done better. Jim Jordan did a great job. Trey Gowdy did a great job, Susan Brooks, they all did a great job. This whole notion that the video was a lie and a made-up political maneuver was fully exposed yesterday.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...st_don_t_matter
Cool, let's compare the ability of the US to project force in an area where we've been in a military quagmire for nearly 13 years with a region we gave up militarily in the 1970s.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he looks like a more filled out penguin from gotham

I'm leaning more toward "half-assed Theo Galavan cosplay", personally

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Epic High Five posted:

Dude looks like he's got a PUA book teenage girl published buried under a pseudonym porch

I took the liberty of altering your message in the interests of accuracy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

kik2dagroin posted:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/10/23/democrats_are_calculating_how_many_new_voters_they_can_get_out_of_hurricane_patricia

You know folks, I hate being right all the time on everything I utter into this Golden EIB Microphone :smuggo:

Cool, let's compare the ability of the US to project force in an area where we've been in a military quagmire for nearly 13 years with a region we gave up militarily in the 1970s.

Wait, does Fox really only have only 2 million people watching it a day?

Screaming Idiot posted:

I took the liberty of altering your message in the interests of accuracy.

I appreciate the time you took to correct my statement, as that is in fact an enormous improvement

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

kik2dagroin posted:

I greatly appreciate how conservatives and right wingers have twisted basic human compassion into a vice.

No, wait, that's the wrong word. Revile, yeah that's the word I was looking for. :barf:

Honestly, if we're gonna see a mass of displaced Mexicans, wouldn't the most effective response to make Mexico a less terrible place to live? People don't up and move to another country where a major part of the population hates them without good reason.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Dude looks like he's got a PUA book published under a pseudonym

Nah, Ben's morally outraged by sex in and of itself.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

:rolleyes: people who don't direct pornos are Puritan prudes

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

SatansOnion posted:

You just know he has the "unhealthy relationship with sister" part down pat.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

2. Don’t Go On For 11 Hours. The hearing was impossible to watch in one sitting. The American people simply don’t have the attention span to wade through hours and hours of questioning.

Hahaha "you should have made it more digestible to Americans, like a tv show!" As if an eighth(!) Benghazi hearing after the administration has been cleared multiple times of wrongdoing was actually worthwhile and not a giant waste of time and tax dollars just for Republicans to grandstand (while the talking heads simultaneously complain about liberals "politicizing" the issue).

Sir Tonk posted:

http://drudgereport.com/now.htm

Guys, the real news is that Hillary has health problems!
This is just loving vile. Drudge is a parasite.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm bizarrely amazed how quickly I can disprove 99 percent of the local right wing talk with a simple google search.

I don't even have to do anything more than even talking into my phone to get the answer to something, and boom.

Like do the people that believe in this crap seriously don't care about facts? It just seems like it's an excuse to be piss and moan because they don't like something. (namely that the President is black and they're easily scared/manipulated.)

"OBAMA IS A WEAK PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T FIRE ENOUGH PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH SCANDALS" is an example I heard.

I typed it in and up came a list of who the man has fired. Like, it's not even as if "I didn't have time to research" this is an excuse because well it takes mere nanoseconds.

I'm also stunned because I heard an ad insisting on buying gold. Why? Well,this was the tagline:

"Well what if ANOTHER Hurricane Katrina hits?! Or the US gets hit with a financial crisis like the one that hit the Ukraine!? Zimbabwe!? YOU'LL NEED SOMETHING TO BARTER WITH!"

Look I know that conservatives don't trust government and all. But I mean...didn't FDR create the FDIC for this exact reason?

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 24, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SatansOnion posted:

I can see it.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

Look I know that conservatives don't trust government and all. But I mean...didn't FDR create the FDIC for this exact reason?

No you see if the actual currency collapses due to a natural disaster or government incompetence then you're money will be worthless. Which is why you want gold, a dense shiny metal with no use useful properties outside of electronics manufacturing.

That's what people were grabbing during Katrina, right?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ben Shaprio has written extensively on maintaining his virginity until he was married. He's a cool dude.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

No you see if the actual currency collapses due to a natural disaster or government incompetence then you're money will be worthless. Which is why you want gold, a dense shiny metal with no use useful properties outside of electronics manufacturing.

That's what people were grabbing during Katrina, right?

Psh, as if they even get the gold. They get a certificate, and if the whole shebang collapses they get to take their Rascal up from bumfuck Alabama to bumfuck North Dakota to claim it and they definitely won't just be killed on sight

The connection that cash is only as valuable as we think it is somehow doesn't apply to gold because

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Hazo posted:

Some talk radio shithead (Billy Cunningham?) was going on tonight whining about musicians sending C&D letters to the GOP candidates using their music at rallies. Instead of looking at this and thinking "hey maybe artists who tend to be more worldly and open-minded don't want bigots and racists appropriating their poo poo for profit," he naturally concluded that the musicians were being coerced into taking action by a conspiracy of evil Hollywood liberal elites (he stopped short of saying Jews although I thought that's were he was going) under the threat of blacklisting.

It's like it's inconceivable to them that maybe normal people, including musicians, are really tired of the same old Republican hate train.

I love how Republican notions of property and ownership stop when you make a hit song they want to play at their hate rallies without paying you.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm bizarrely amazed how quickly I can disprove 99 percent of the local right wing talk with a simple google search.

I don't even have to do anything more than even talking into my phone to get the answer to something, and boom.

Like do the people that believe in this crap seriously don't care about facts? It just seems like it's an excuse to be piss and moan because they don't like something. (namely that the President is black and they're easily scared/manipulated.)

"OBAMA IS A WEAK PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T FIRE ENOUGH PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH SCANDALS" is an example I heard.

Their definition of an Obama administration scandal is completely different than our own

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

Psh, as if they even get the gold. They get a certificate, and if the whole shebang collapses they get to take their Rascal up from bumfuck Alabama to bumfuck North Dakota to claim it and they definitely won't just be killed on sight

The connection that cash is only as valuable as we think it is somehow doesn't apply to gold because

Yeah, when I found out that most of these angry old morons were just getting certificates, it blew my mind. "Don't trust these certificates for gold backed by the US government! Trust these certificates for gold backed by a company I just heard about 5 minutes ago!" Because we all know there's nothing more trustworthy than companies that advertise on talk radio! That gold totally exists and is real.

(And assuming it IS real, there is no way you're going to be given that gold at any point after there's a collapse of law and order. You are not enforcing compliance of a contract with a powered-down rascal and an SKS, when they can just buy protection from whatever North Dakotan version of Lord Humungus rises to power.)

My dad may be a paranoid hate-monster that is only not on Freep because he refuses to use the internet, but at least he's smart enough to get his apocalypse gold in actual bars.

And, actually, he gets silver most of the time, because it would be easier to buy things like food and ammo with than trying to determine precisely how many flakes of gold you should count out.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 24, 2015

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just imagine being holed up in a post-catastrophe bunker with some people. One of them takes some supplies to go out trading. He returns, and you discover he's exchanged half of your food and medicine for gold flakes and soft metal bars. Lol.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Sharkie posted:

Just imagine being holed up in a post-catastrophe bunker with some people. One of them takes some supplies to go out trading. He returns, and you discover he's exchanged half of your food and medicine for gold flakes and soft metal bars. Lol.

Could be worse. He could come back with bitcoins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

They are the porn generation, where life’s expectations come from Mouseketeer pop tarts, Victoria’s Secret, Internet titillation, and condom-flogging sex education.